Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

The MU have done elseworlds: Ruins, 1602, Noir, Marvel Fairy Tales (which is underrated especially Spider-Man Fairy Tales which actually uses fairy tales to make some interesting observations on the characters), and right now you have Chip Zdarsky's Spider-Man Life Story which could launch a series of elseworlds that look at the Marvel Universe if it remained in real-time from the '60s to the present day.

My takes.

I'd like to see how Spider-Man, Daredevil, and others will look if it was set in the Gangs of New York. You know iconic movie, great period setting, good historical background (the period leading to and following the Civil War). This would work best as a street story. I think. But think of do Matt Murdock as an actual Irish Catholic immigrant to New York in this horrible period where New York housed the worst slum in the world, and it was run by Boss Fisk, and you could bring in Captain America who supports the Union and has to put down the Draft Riots because of the race riots and the whole class issue of Unon enlistment of Irish immigrants and so on.

One Elseworld I am pitching...Doctor Doom versus Napoleon or Alexander. Basically have Doctor Doom in an Alternate Universe or whatever go up against a real-world historical conqueror. Level the field, like maybe Napoleon gets access to tech via Kang the Conqueror or whatever. But have them tussle and see how it turns out. Doom has fought King Arthur you know, so why not Caesar, why not Alexander and so on. I once did a presentation about Archimedes and Hannibal Barca in the second Carthaginian War (Archimedes was on Hannibal's side in real history). So you do have precedent of scientists and conquerors teaming up, so why not the scientist-conqueror. Doom's basically this great European Marvel character and tied to this rich side of European history from the medieval to the modern so you can work him with that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Those would be good ones to see. Me, I'd expand Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider into a whole Marvel Elseworlds line in the same way Ultimate Marvel was originally intended to just be a Spider-Man revamp miniseries, but got expanded into a full series and even a whole universe featuring 21st-century revamps of the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, and the Avengers. I mean, we've got a kid Reed Richards who's as smart as most of his adult counterparts in the Marvel Multiverse, we've got Cindy Moon as the leader of a tech-based terror cell called S.I.L.K., we have Matt Murdock as the acting Kingpin and a high-ranking agent of the shadowy ninja death cult known as the Hand, we've got Samantha Wilson and her male clone Sam 13 as Captain America and the Falcon, we've got Peggy Carter as the eyepatch-wearing director of S.H.I.E.L.D., we have Wolverine and Shadowcat as covert assassins for S.H.I.E.L.D., we even have the Wasp as a retired superheroine who gave Gwen her first set of web-shooters . . . I could go on, but there are so many interesting characters that could be expanded upon to flesh out the setting more, and it would be a real shame if that wasn't capitalized on at some point.

To expand the line, each title will be preceded by "Spider-Gwen Presents," just so people know it's in her universe.

Captain America and the S.H.I.E.L.D. --- Centered on the adventures of Samantha Wilson and her junior partner and clone Sam 13/The Falcon, with Director Peggy Carter coordinating their missions and even joining them in the field every so often, with S.I.L.K. and Cindy Moon as their (present) archenemies.

Iron Man --- Centered on James Rhodes, a test pilot for Tony Stark's prototype War Machine armor who goes rogue after being a little too horrified by the destruction already wrought by the War Machine PMC (private military company), also owned by Stark. Besides Stark and the entire War Machine PMC, Rhodes has to deal with a former friend turned rival by the name of Parnell Jacobs, though he is assisted in his attempts to keep the War Machine Armor (eventually rechristened "Iron Man" by the media and the public) out of Stark's hands by his niece Lila Rhodes and her best friend Kiri Oshiro, a pair of not-so-regular young geniuses who've been working on their own prototype armors backed by the Rescue Operation, a peace-oriented tech firm led by Toni Ho and Virginia "Pepper" Potts.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm also thinking of Elektra or Karen Page as the vigilante guardian of Hell's Kitchen, taking up Matt Murdock's usual role in most continuities, and with Spider-Gwen's version of Matt as a major or at least recurring antagonist, along with Colleen Wing as the semi-literal Daughter of the Dragon, with an "Iron Fist" powered by Shou-Lao's chi.
    The spider is always on the hunt.