Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lego Batman: Family Matters Animated Movie

WB will be releasing a new Lego DC animated movie this year centered around Batman and the Batfamily.

After Batman (voiced by Troy Baker) sells his company, Wayne Enterprises, to focus on vigilantism, he realizes his mistake when Two-Face (Christian Lanz) takes control and plans to tear Gotham apart with the help of Brother Eye (Cam Clarke), a murderous AI not too dissimilar to HAL 9000.

With some help from Robin (Scott Menville) and Batgirl (Alyson Stoner), the Caped Crusader will break into the company building, shut down Brother Eye, and convince Harvey Dent that Batman and Bruce Wayne are two separate individuals. The story also involves these heroes receiving mysterious invitations and having their bonds tested when the Red Hood (Jason Spisak) shows up, determined to destroy both them and Gotham.

The rest of the voice cast is comprised of: Steve Blum (Scarecrow), Zach Callison (Billy Batson), Will Friedle (Nightwing), Ralph Garman (Wizard), Jake Green, (Fred), Josh Keaton (Board Member) Tom Kenny (Gordon & Penguin), Nolan North (Killer Croc), Andre Sogliuzza (Riddler), Tara Strong (Batwoman), and Fred Tatasciore (Solomon Grundy).

Directed by Matt Peters (LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Aquaman – Rage of Atlantis) LEGO DC: Batman – Family Matters arrives on digital and Blu-Ray soon. Jeremy Adams (LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: The Flash) penned the screenplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    After Batman (voiced by Troy Baker)
    Barely 4 words in, and I'm already sold. I'm having flashbacks from some of my favourite my videogames. Pleasant and fun ones.

Because we have a Nightwing, I'm guessing this Red Hood (makes sense with the theme: but it's suspicious there is no Joker in the cast) is Jason and this Robin is Tim. Hopefully, this will go to Netfix or some other worldwide service at some point where I will be able to watch it subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Because we have a Nightwing, I'm guessing this Red Hood (makes sense with the theme: but it's suspicious there is no Joker in the cast) is Jason and this Robin is Tim. Hopefully, this will go to Netfix or some other worldwide service at some point where I will be able to watch it subbed.
    I assume Robin is Damian since that's what the mini-fig design is of, but they probably won't clarify beyond him being "Robin."

I assume Robin is Damian since that's what the mini-fig design is of, but they probably won't clarify beyond him being "Robin."
    Yeah, I know: that's how most of this Lego stuff rolls. But who knows. This movie seems to be about family and their civilian ID a bit, so may be that it does play a plot point.

Heh, SyFy has my country blocked in YT and doesn't allow me to see the trailer. What the heck.

(I was playing Lego Super-Villains. Funny coincidence)

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

This should be cool.

Glad we get a Bat-movie again after the JL centric ones of late.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member

Eh, need *more* Batfamily.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

I'll pay to watch Damian as Robin but not Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Eh, need *more* Batfamily.
    Even this is a lot more then we usually get.

I mean, we've got Red Hood and Batwoman in a kids movie .

Maybe next time we will get a movie about Red Hood and Batwoman \o/.

Extraordinary Member

And I will not be satisfied until we’re watching a film fielding three whole power-ranger sized teams featuring ALL Batgirls and Robins with one extra team for miscellaneous!
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Yeah. I assume Robin is Damian, because he is the Robin WB films usually use.

BANNED

When is this coming out? Going straight to DVD, or theaters first?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    This is part of the DTV LEGO DC Superheroes line, so straight to DVD. Separate continuity from the theatrical LEGO Batman movie.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    It's straight to dvd but not sure when it's out. The article didn't have a release date