Dr Strange
    Spider-Man Homecoming
    Thor Dark World
    Thor
    Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    He does have a fantastic musical theme, but I would argue not the only one with a memorable theme.

Michael Giacchino (who composed the score for strange) also wrote a very memorable theme for Spider-Man as well.

Alan Silvestri composed a fantastic theme for Captain America, that has been hinted in other films. It’s a shame that Jackman was brought on as composer in the rest of The Captain America films as his scores for Winter Solider & Civil War are extremely forgetable and bland.

Brian Tyler composed a very fun theme for Iron Man in the third film, but since that film is lower on most lists it does tend to be forgotten.

Let’s not forget the score to Black Panther either, which won an Oscar and gave a very distinct sound to Wakanda and T’Challa.

Sorry but I’m a HUGE film score nerd
    Totally disagree. I love the sound track for the Winter Soldier. My only issue is that 'Taking A Stand' should be Cap's theme and not what they use for actual theme. I also love the cold industrial metal sound they use for Bucky because it contrasts so well with Cap's more optimistic nostalgic theme. Overall, I listen to the Winter Soldier soundtrack moreso than I do for any other MCU film.

I agree about Tony's IM3 theme being underrated. That soundtrack was one of the better parts of the movie. Though sometimes I think its a bit too heroic for someone like Tony. :P

I wasn't a fan of Alan Silverstri's Avengers theme in the first movie. It was hummable but it lacked something. But it was massively improved for Infinity War and Endgame. Especially the ones they used for the IW teaser trailer and the final trailer.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Totally disagree. I love the sound track for the Winter Soldier. My only issue is that 'Taking A Stand' should be Cap's theme and not what they use for actual theme. I also love the cold industrial metal sound they use for Bucky because it contrasts so well with Cap's more optimistic nostalgic theme. Overall, I listen to the Winter Soldier soundtrack moreso than I do for any other MCU film.

I agree about Tony's IM3 theme being underrated. That soundtrack was one of the better parts of the movie. Though sometimes I think its a bit too heroic for someone like Tony. :P

I wasn't a fan of Alan Silverstri's Avengers theme in the first movie. It was hummable but it lacked something. But it was massively improved for Infinity War and Endgame. Especially the ones they used for the IW teaser trailer and the final trailer.
    I think it’s an interesting concept and it works well in the film, personally it’s just not something I want to listen to on its own. I do like the groove in the strings that is played throughout the film though.

I agree with you about the Avengers theme in IF & Endgame sounding better than in the avengers. I believe the orchestration is thicker and some things were re-voiced.

Nice to geek out with a fellow film score fan
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I’m pretty old school as I haven’t regularly bought comics in nearly 20 yrs. If I connect the movie to comics I read in my youth, I’ll probably enjoy it. If the movie is a fresh take, I’m more likely to check out. The Incredible Hulk gets poor reviews from a lot of people but it hit enough nostalgia beats that I enjoyed it. Captain Marvel, I wasn’t that familiar with the character since I last read a book with her in the 80’s. This is why I’m not sure how I’ll enjoy the movies going forward since many of the characters I know best will be gone. Anyway, here’s my list.

1. Winter Soldier
    2. Infinity War
    3. Endgame
    These are all interchangeable. I can’t really say I prefer one over the other.

4. Avengers
    5. Guardians of the Galaxy
    6. Civil War
    7. Iron man
    8. Age of Ultron
    9. First Avenger
    10. Doctor Strange
    11. Ragnarok
    12. Black Panther
    13. Thor
    14. Iron man 2
    15. Thor
    16. Ant man
    17. Incredible Hulk
    18. Dark World
    19. Ant man & Wasp
    20. Guardians 2
    21. Captain Marvel
    22. Iron man 3

If I include Spider-man Homecoming, I’d put it right after Guardians 2. Just didn’t grab me.