Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Biggest Miscast of DCEU?

My choice

1. Ares. He was a very handsome and strong god, not some old dude with mustache in his real form.

2. Luthor. Enough has been said by others.

3. Lois. I still think Teri Hatcher is the best Lois, Amy was fine just doesn't fit the role so well.

1.Flash
    2. Luthor

Eh I think the DCEU has actually did some pretty great casting. Amy Adams i dont love as Louis but shes such a good actress I'll give her a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    1.Flash
    2. Luthor

Eh I think the DCEU has actually did some pretty great casting. Amy Adams i dont love as Louis but shes such a good actress I'll give her a pass.
    Of course, most of the cast are great, especially Antje Traue as Faora.

BANNED

Affleck.

The others are just characterization mistakes. they'd have been played largely the characters largely the same no matter who was cast.

Acfleck was just bad.

Astonishing Member

1. Luthor — it might not have been the casting as much as the interpretation of the character was really bad.

2. Affleck — You can argue he was credible under the cape — but the problem is that the Batman part of the character is the easiest to play. It’s Bruce where Affleck utterly and totally failed.

3. Meta — Just not a strong actress, and i liked her when she was the Bold and the Beautiful.

Extraordinary Member

Bruce Wayne is a millionaire playboy with serious psychological issues. That's basically Affleck in RL, I thought he was good as Wayne.

Ares probably bugged me the most.

I was fine with the casting when I thought it was a disguise. But finding out that's what he actually looked like really threw me off.

I liked Ares, if only because his acting and conviction really sold the character for me even if he didn't have the physicality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    1.Flash
    2. Luthor

I think Miller was a miscast for Barry Allen, but I guess they cast him intending for Ezra Miller to do his Ezra Miller thing.

He'd be a better Wally or Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked Ares, if only because his acting and conviction really sold the character for me even if he didn't have the physicality.

I think Miller was a miscast for Barry Allen, but I guess they cast him intending for Ezra Miller to do his Ezra Miller thing.

He'd be a better Wally or Bart.
    Yea Bart but with the added layer of being on the spectrum.

Retired

Probably Cara Delavingne as June Moon in SUICIDE SQUAD. I liked that movie more than most, but trying to track what was going on with Enchantress was not easy. However, likely not the fault of the actress.

Ares made sense for the message of the movie. It was saying that it's not the people on the front lines in a war that are to blame--it's the seemingly pleasant bureaucrats back at the home office that are the real villains. Ares chose that guise because that was the place where he could foster the most calamity.

That also fits with what will happen in future wars and WW II in particular, as it becomes the boring men in suits who sow the greatest evil.

And when he revealed himself as the god, he looked the part. It was probably just the CGI in that scene that made it hard to relate to his character--but then he's a god, so we don't know what a god is supposed to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Probably Cara Delavingne as June Moon in SUICIDE SQUAD. I liked that movie more than most, but trying to track what was going on with Enchantress was not easy. However, likely not the fault of the actress.

Ares made sense for the message of the movie. It was saying that it's not the people on the front lines in a war that are to blame--it's the seemingly pleasant bureaucrats back at the home office that are the real villains. Ares chose that guise because that was the place where he could foster the most calamity.

That also fits with what will happen in future wars and WW II in particular, as it becomes the boring men in suits who sow the greatest evil.

And when he revealed himself as the god, he looked the part. It was probably just the CGI in that scene that made it hard to relate to his character--but then he's a god, so we don't know what a god is supposed to look like.
    As a disguise, yes.

But the real form, no.

Ares was clearly known as a strong and handsome figure, not some old dude.
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 05-06-2019 at 09:54 PM.

If the main actors are good, that carries the movie for me.

Man of Steel was the most perfectly cast DCEU movie. A deep bench of A-listers bringing their A-game. Loved every single one -- from main to supporting actors.

However, the other DCEU movies have been generally well cast. I liked Ben Affleck, Jesse Eisenberg, and Ezra Miller, so no complaints there.

Suicide Squad and Justice League each had major issues, but it really had nothing to do with the actors. Joss Whedon was more miscast as director than any actor, and having a trailer company recut SS was also a miscast.

Lex Luther, horribly miscast. From now on when people bring up Ledger as the Joker before a movie when people think a role is miscast before the movie, I'm bringing up Eisenberg's Lex.

Incredible Member

The biggest mistake for me wasn't a casting mistake.
    They rushed the storylines to keep up with Marvel instead of taking their time to establish a cohesive universe. In fact a little like FOX did with their X-Men universe.
    For me that's the original sin, indepedently from the qualities of each movie.

Will Smith as Deadshot
    Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor
    Ezra Miller as Flash
    Amy Adams as Lois