Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Casting is a difficult thing. Sometimes they want to cast against expectations in order to shake things up. That's what they did with Jason Momoa--by casting him they subverted expectations. He doesn't look like Aquaman but that allowed audiences to get over their resistance to the character. Ben Affleck looked exactly like the Batman (in my head), he was perfectly cast--if people have a problem with his portrayal of Batman then it comes from the direction, but physically he captured the character.
    Jason Momoa really looks like Lobo to me.

Lois Lane is the one that sticks out to me the most followed by Lex but the rest were good. Ben Affleck is the best Batman of all time, Snyder nailed that casting, too bad it was short lived and the movies weren’t that great...

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Ares Suppose to be handsome and peek of masculinity

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Lois Lane is the one that sticks out to me the most followed by Lex but the rest were good. Ben Affleck is the best Batman of all time, Snyder nailed that casting, too bad it was short lived and the movies weren’t that great...
    I've been underwhelmed by every casting choice for the cinematic versions of Lois Lane.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 05-11-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Eisenberg was miscast, just a victim of shitty directing. His Zuckerberg was a better Luthor than BvS's Luthor.

Affleck was a good casting for the wrong movies. A stand alone or a trilogy ? Sure. For a cinematic universe ? No. I mean it was irrelevant since Snyder didnt REALLY want to do a CU but it was still a dumb idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Ares Suppose to be handsome and peek of masculinity
    The only time that was ever the case was Rucka's first WW run.

Will Smith wasn't miscast. An actor of his ability is perfectly capable of playing a stone-cold assassin but he just chose not to.

Ezra Miller is far and away the worst casting in the DCEU and probably the worst superhero casting in the last 20+years. He absolutely is nothing like the flash at all, at no point in the entire movie did he ever resemble barry allen. But what really clinches it for me is casting a guy who clearly has no idea how to run as the flash. I mean you don't have to get usain bolt or anything like that but if you are casting a superhero who's primary ability is to be able to run really fast maybe get someone who looks like at some point in their life they have gone for a jog.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Ezra Miller as Flash. I could just about handle the way he acted, but the running killed it. Needlessly over the top. Not sure who told him to run like that, or if he did it himself and nobody took issue with it, but it looked ridiculous.

I hated Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Lex Luthor in BvS, but I have to say he somewhat redeemed it in the Justice League post-credits scene. THAT was more Lex Luthor-ish than all his BvS screentime combined. If they are going to keep him on, more of that and less schizophrenic nutbag please.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Retired

I feel bad for everyone concerned that Henry Cavill got cast as Superman. In the end, he got tangled up in a contract for years, without actually getting to do very much with the character. For many actors the Superman role has been a curse and anyone who signs up for the part is taking the risk of being type-cast for life. The promise is that you'll get to play the part for a good while and make enough money from it to compensate for the losses elsewhere. But Cavill got a lot of the baggage and little of the benefit. And it hasn't done Warner Bros. much good either, as they've been spinning their wheels unable to get out of their Superman rut.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I feel bad for everyone concerned that Henry Cavill got cast as Superman. In the end, he got tangled up in a contract for years, without actually getting to do very much with the character. For many actors the Superman role has been a curse and anyone who signs up for the part is taking the risk of being type-cast for life. The promise is that you'll get to play the part for a good while and make enough money from it to compensate for the losses elsewhere. But Cavill got a lot of the baggage and little of the benefit. And it hasn't done Warner Bros. much good either, as they've been spinning their wheels unable to get out of their Superman rut.
    It is a shame really because I think Cavill has the potential to be the best Superman since Christopher Reeve. There were glimmers of it in the third act of Justice League, certainly a hell of a lot more than there was in BvS. He has a great smile that I think he should be allowed to use it more.
    Last edited by The Ozman; 05-14-2019 at 05:57 AM.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Will Smith wasn't miscast. An actor of his ability is perfectly capable of playing a stone-cold assassin but he just chose not to.
    Will did a great job with what he had to work with. His Deadshot wasn't even that bad of a character. It just wasn't comic Deadshot.

Freaking Jesse Eisenburg. Nothing else even comes close.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

1. Luthor
    2. Flash
    3. Deadshot
    4. Jimmy Olsen