Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

The biggest miscast with DC is everyone, except Aquaman

Spectacular Member

Lex Luthor isn't really miscast, Eisenberg portrays Snyder's vision of Lex well. It's just that the vision of Lex is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I mean this is just flat out wrong. How did Wonder Woman become such an instantly iconic movie by being miscast?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I don't really get the "he's not iconic Barry" discussion. Flash is kind of iconic, but no significant audience has any preconceived notion of who Barry is or what motivates him. He's as blank a slate as you could hope for in a superhero movie. Yes, comic Barry has his fans (I'm one of them) but we are a very tiny group.

If there was one redeeming thing about Justice League, it was Ezra Miller.
    Ezra Miller is not only nothing like Barry Allen, he's also an aggravating comedy relief character in his own right. Good actor but an extremely one note portrayal that got on my nerves the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    For the record Barry was not in the JL cartoons that was Wally and Michale Rosenbaum knocked the voice acting out the park. But yea the average person dont know the difference, alot of people thought they white washed Green lantern because John Stewart was all they knew from the cartoon.

For me the big problem wasnt that he was funny I liked that part. It was that he came off ass autistic and the film makers seemed oblivious. It didnt seem intentional at all. If it was I could get behind that as a choice. Dax is the closest thing we got to a Autistic hero. I'm sure Reed will have low EQ when we finally meet him but yea. Flash seemed off but then would make a charming joke. Then go right back to feeling like my autistic nephew. Again if it seemed intentional that they wanted his character to be on the spectrum I could see that working but it clearly was suppose to be he was just really nerdy and weird.
    he was nerdy and also weird sometimes, but he was very funny and charming to me. Sure, maybe it was too nerdy for some people, but it's nothing that a solo movie couldn't fix with some small changes. I found his story with his father moving and loved how Batman pushed him to be a better and more effective hero. JL isn't a great movie, but it has some great moments and solid characterization, IMO. I don't get all the hate. It's just an average superhero movie and it should have been amazing.

I loved every JL actor in their roles. I really do.

Lex Luthor isn't really miscast, Eisenberg portrays Snyder's vision of Lex well. It's just that the vision of Lex is bad.
    Yes, some of his portrayal was definitely off. That goes on Snyder. Watch 300 and he really likes weird characters lol.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 05-08-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Eisenberg as Lex could have worked perhaps if he was played more like how he was in The Social Network or the Now You See Me films.
    If he played Lex like he played his smug doppelganger in The Double then I think people would of liked him better in the role.

Retired

Casting is a difficult thing. Sometimes they want to cast against expectations in order to shake things up. That's what they did with Jason Momoa--by casting him they subverted expectations. He doesn't look like Aquaman but that allowed audiences to get over their resistance to the character. Ben Affleck looked exactly like the Batman (in my head), he was perfectly cast--if people have a problem with his portrayal of Batman then it comes from the direction, but physically he captured the character.

Affleck is my fave Batman and Bruce by far.

Chick that played Mera can't act at all.

Mamoa isn't "Arthur" at all but was a good Aquabro
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

She is in good company because Gadot and Mamoa can't act either

Astonishing Member

Spidermanish Flash
    Real Estate Salesman Lex, Nerd Eisy Lex
    Suicide Squad Joker - idiot
    Will Smith - period in anything lately

Aquabro Mamoa is ok as Aquaman is a stupid character in general.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I was happy with most of the casting for the DCEU.

Several I'm not thrilled about:

1. Luthor (Eisenberg). Easily the worst. Character appearance and acting is flat out horrible here

2. Joker (Leto). Joker has a history of excellent actors and talent portraying him in the past. Leto is the only exception. This Joker is an odd mess, and not in a good way. Nothing interesting and no charm

3. Deadshot (Smith). I just couldn't get into his character as I could with the animated movies.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I like that Wonder Woman actress. Oy Vey, I'm so ready to convert.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

They looked really good in the costumes though .

Retired

In movies, some of the best acting is not acting. It's the director and cinematographer that create the emotion in a scene. The job of the actors is to hit their marks.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    he was nerdy and also weird sometimes, but he was very funny and charming to me. Sure, maybe it was too nerdy for some people, but it's nothing that a solo movie couldn't fix with some small changes. I found his story with his father moving and loved how Batman pushed him to be a better and more effective hero. JL isn't a great movie, but it has some great moments and solid characterization, IMO. I don't get all the hate. It's just an average superhero movie and it should have been amazing.

I loved every JL actor in their roles. I really do.

Yes, some of his portrayal was definitely off. That goes on Snyder. Watch 300 and he really likes weird characters lol.
    I liked Justice Legaue better then BvS by alot. It had cool moments and didnt feel like it was 5hours long like BvS did. And I think Ezra coulda done better with better writing but hes defiently not spot on casting. But then again on Paper Jason Mamoa is way off but hes my favorite character in the DCEU by far. But I've always loved Mamoa even in shitty movies. I think he was a great Conan in a shitty movie. I'll take him over Arnold everytime as Conan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    In movies, some of the best acting is not acting. It's the director and cinematographer that create the emotion in a scene. The job of the actors is to hit their marks.
    While it's true that any director, or even editor, can destroy good acting, no director, editor, or cinematographer can turn bad acting into good acting.