Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I really love this team (both the artistic and in the comics) even Kaliber !

Honestly, I don't know how it can fit in the current Batman timeline, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing this as the main bat-book for a time, compared to King's run

October will be one hell of a month for the Outsiders :

BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #6

written by BRYAN HILL
    art by DEXTER SOY
    cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
    variant cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
    While the mission is a success, the Outsiders do not feel like winners. Measures are taken to deprogram Sofia and understand the extent of her abilities, while Ra’s al Ghul’s power and influence grows enough for him to establish a new league in Khadym, unsullied by distractions and temptations of the earthly plane.
    ON SALE 10.09.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS ANNUAL #1

written by BRYAN HILL
    art by MAX RAYNOR
    cover by DEXTER SOY
    The soul of Katana’s husband, Maseo, is experiencing great unrest within her sword! The Outsiders must find a way to relieve him, or else the blade itself may shatter, unleashing not only Maseo but whatever unknown spirits and sorcery are trapped with him in the Pandora’s box of Katana’s blade!
    ON SALE 10.30.19
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

And November is set to be even better, perhaps !

BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #7

writtenby BRYAN HILL
    art by DEXTER SOY
    acetate cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    variant cover by CHRIS BURNHAM
    Unable to cope with Black Lightning and Batman’s methods, Duke Thomas finds refuge in the philosophy of Ra’s al Ghul, becoming the latest acolyte of the Demon, as Ra’s at last begins to rebuild his empire!
    ON SALE 11.13.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Please note the acetate covers will be available on first printings only.

My only complain would be no Sofia as Fragile on the cover !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    October will be one hell of a month for the Outsiders :

BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #6

written by BRYAN HILL
    art by DEXTER SOY
    cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
    variant cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
    While the mission is a success, the Outsiders do not feel like winners. Measures are taken to deprogram Sofia and understand the extent of her abilities, while Ra’s al Ghul’s power and influence grows enough for him to establish a new league in Khadym, unsullied by distractions and temptations of the earthly plane.
    ON SALE 10.09.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS ANNUAL #1

written by BRYAN HILL
    art by MAX RAYNOR
    cover by DEXTER SOY
    The soul of Katana’s husband, Maseo, is experiencing great unrest within her sword! The Outsiders must find a way to relieve him, or else the blade itself may shatter, unleashing not only Maseo but whatever unknown spirits and sorcery are trapped with him in the Pandora’s box of Katana’s blade!
    ON SALE 10.30.19
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    And November is set to be even better, perhaps !

BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #7

writtenby BRYAN HILL
    art by DEXTER SOY
    acetate cover by JONBOY MEYERS
    variant cover by CHRIS BURNHAM
    Unable to cope with Black Lightning and Batman’s methods, Duke Thomas finds refuge in the philosophy of Ra’s al Ghul, becoming the latest acolyte of the Demon, as Ra’s at last begins to rebuild his empire!
    ON SALE 11.13.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Please note the acetate covers will be available on first printings only.

My only complain would be no Sofia as Fragile on the cover !
    I'm super excited for these issues! they all sound promising and more Duke character progression is what I live for.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-23-2019 at 07:55 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

A little worried on the execution, but intrigued nonetheless.

Hope this excursion Duke seems to be taking will be about Duke, and actually feel like it's about Duke (with narration and focused point of view and everything).

Also, hope Gnomon gets referenced in someway. (Despite reservations, I'm already liking the prospects enough that I wish this was Gnomon Duke was going under right now.)

Astonishing Member

Also, I really love the Signal's costume in the last, November solicit. It highlights why I love Hamner's look so much for Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Also, I really love the Signal's costume in the last, November solicit. It highlights why I love Hamner's look so much for Duke!
    the artists attached to this project have been doing a great job adapting Duke's suit but I still have many issues with this character design. Mainly it lacks an individual identity and tells us nothing about Duke besides he works under Bruce Wayne. he has bat branding literally on his chest AND face, they may as well stick a "Property of Batman" stamp on his forehead.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the artists attached to this project have been doing a great job adapting Duke's suit but I still have many issues with this character design. Mainly it lacks an individual identity and tells us nothing about Duke besides he works under Bruce Wayne. he has bat branding literally on his chest AND face, they may as well stick a "Property of Batman" stamp on his forehead.
    You've mentioned this before, but I still disagree that he doesn't have his own identity in this suit (the color combination. layout, and fit are too distinct to say otherwise, in my opinion, not to mention the reflective chest symbol), as I disagree with the notion that the Bat-iconography is a detraction or as blatant as you feel it is.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    You've mentioned this before, but I still disagree that he doesn't have his own identity in this suit (the color combination. layout, and fit are too distinct to say otherwise, in my opinion, not to mention the reflective chest symbol), as I disagree with the notion that the Bat-iconography is a detraction or as blatant as you feel it is.
    I could concede that maybe the bat-branding isn't a detraction (I can see that being a matter of preference) but you can't say it's not blatant, again there is literally a batman symbol on his chest below a bat symbol on the face of his bat-ear helmet; you can't get more blatant. I'm not saying there aren't subtle touches of individuality in his costume but if you look at Duke's costume on its own, no context, you see nothing but Batman or (as people have jokingly but continuously pointed out) Wolverine. Even the unique aspects of his suit that you point out mostly come DIRECTLY from Batman. His color scheme (I believe Snyder was the one who revealed this) was created by just taking Batman's batman emblem with the yellow outline from his Rebirth/Capullo suit and inverting the colors, the layout is a little busy but It's mostly fine despite too much focus on bat-motifs even though Duke is supposed to be a sun themed hero, and while his reflective bat chest emblem is a cool touch it's rarely displayed as being reflective. Even though the chest emblem is the least problematic inclusion of the bat-symbol, at the end of the day, it's just Batman's Rebirth/Capullo era suit's symbol. the boy doesn't even have "bat" in his name, if they wanted to have him adopt bat iconography and motifs then they should've given him a bat-themed name. it makes sense for Batwoman or Batgirl or Batwing to take the bat, but there is a reason Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Robin, Spoiler, Azrael (pre-JL:O), Orphan, etc. don't have it. Now look, I'm not trying to sway your preference on the costume, I doubt people sway opinions in internet discourses, but (respectfully) you gotta at least admit the messaging of the iconography of his suit says more about him as a "bat" more than him as an individual; for better or worse.

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    but there is a reason Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Robin, Spoiler, Azrael (pre-JL:O), Orphan, etc. don't have it.
    Several incarnations of the Red Hood Costume had a Bat, but in his case it doesn't dominate the Design as much as in Dukes case, and the rest of his suit doesn't, look like a Batsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Several incarnations of the Red Hood Costume had a Bat, but in his case it doesn't dominate the Design as much as in Dukes case, and the rest of his suit doesn't, look like a Batsuit.
    Sure, Red Hood has had a bat on his suit, so has Azrael in some incarnations of his suit, but it's not intrinsic to their design and it's often not even there at all. my point is that these characters, who aren't named after bats, don't have bats on them because they have an element of individuality to their suit, as well as their hero persona, that Duke's costume lacks in it's current form.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-09-2019 at 12:47 PM.

currently following:

I like this team but I do think it needs something more. Too bad Rex is busy on another team he would be a good fit. It does not need to be an old time outsider but i would like some more power. Maybe a flyer at least.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

I kinda like the idea that they're so busy trying to prevent Rah's from corrupting Sofia, they didn't see that he was already corrupting one of their own.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

The Preview for Outsiders is here!

I noticed between last issue, this preview, and what appears to happen with Duke in the solicits, it looks like they are hitting the parallels between Duke and Sofia pretty overtly. Where do you guys think they could be building to with these characters? could we see a physical confrontation between the two? Do you think it will be a situation where they ultimately save each other from the clutches of R'as?
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-12-2019 at 07:48 PM.

currently following:

It looks rad. And I can't wait to see where The Signal will go in this run.

I also have the feeling that there will be a change of costume for him if he truly join Ra's. He'll get his League of Assassin's one, then a new Signal costume I think. I can't just see him returning to the current one if he switches side first.

Also, Duke and Cass are so damn great together !