Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Hill is definitively killing it on this title, and that's why I'm okay with the arc he'll be giving Duke. Because in four page you can see the trust and the tension between Katana and Black Lightning.

Astonishing Member

Love Dexter Soy's artwork here! He makes Jefferson Pierce look so beautifully powerful here, even in just civies!

Also, wonderful interaction between Jefferson and Tatsu/Katana. You can tell that Jefferson is complicating his sense of ethics and morals here to a degree that he is visibly uncomfortable with. He's getting to know Katana for who and what she has been and really is. Not a villain, but not quite a typical hero, either. In more than one way way, this series has been really good with pushing Jeffererson to grow within the areas he's both familiar and unfamiliar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Hill is definitively killing it on this title, and that's why I'm okay with the arc he'll be giving Duke. Because in four page you can see the trust and the tension between Katana and Black Lightning.
    Yep, agreed! Hope he'll carry that same powerful, beautiful, vivid artistic expression from this preview here between Katana and Black Lightning to Duke/The Signal, too, in this endeavor of he'll be going through.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-08-2019 at 12:39 PM.

According to Hill, the upcoming issue is the start of him going all out.

https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...99356348350464

I'm so damn hyped !

As a side-note, if anyone could tell me how to post the picture of his tweet so we can click on it and access it, if it's even possible on the forums, I'm game.

Astonishing Member

I'm so damn hyped !

As a side-note, if anyone could tell me how to post the picture of his tweet so we can click on it and access it, if it's even possible on the forums, I'm game.
    I did it on Chrome, since that has the generally easiest way to 'open image in new tab'. (Sometimes I'll need to go through Inspect Element for those no-right-click websites, but that's another story.)

In the given link, first I clicked on the embed tweet so that I was on the actually twitter message that had the images. Then I just right clicked each image, again, in Chrome, and opened them in new tabs. This gives the precise URL with the image. Then just copy the image URL, chose the option to "insert image" on the top row above the post box, and voila! I usually un-check "retrieve image and host locally, since it means it can't be viewed while logged off, and I like the aesthetic better when its not an attachment.

These were the two you wanted,correct? (Also, note that CBR has a limit of 3 "images" per post. This includes emoticons, too.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-09-2019 at 12:24 PM.

I'm so damn hyped !

I usually just screenshot the tweet, post it on my imgur, then insert it here through the URL photo upload. I post the link to the original tweet under if need be but I usually just go with the tweet photo

but yeah, I'm all the way hyped for this issue now, I think this is where see start seeing Duke's turn. im curious to see what kind of action we're gonna be seeing from here on out. I'm so ready for Wednesday!!
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-09-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Ah, didn't realize Korath meant screening the whole tweet. Not sure how to do that on a computer and make it as hassle-free as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Ah, didn't realize Korath meant screening the whole tweet. Not sure how to do that on a computer and make it as hassle-free as possible.
    I never use my computer for it, it feels like a hassle (even though it kinda isn't) because I don't like to sign into Twitter on my laptop. I just use my phone, it's quicker and easier for me. i can have it on the boards in a couple clicks.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

You know, sometimes, when a story end too soon, you're angry because it wasn't that great. But sometimes, it's just too damn great. Sometimes you just ate it up so fast because it was so awesome, and before you realize it, well, it's over.

It's definitively the latter here. I'll try to post more articulated thoughts about it all this evening, when I'll have the time and space to do so, but all I can say is Hill is bringing is A-Game, and so does the rest of the creative team.

This. Was. So. Goooood!

The action was amazing. The art team here was phenomenal. I needed this to be a double issue or something because just I didn’t want it to stop. Fantastic issue to an already fantastic story. Also, Jeff was fierce!
    Last edited by Iconic; 09-11-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Bryan Hill's definitely strongest when he's writing character interactions, this was definitely Katana's issue and she was great bouncing off Jeff and Sofia. Dexter Soy and Veronica Gandini are killing it on the art, the action was great in this issue, they really knew how to make the Outsiders look great and play to their individual strengths. I hope we get to see Cass and Duke in action a bit before Ishmael starts to sway Duke to Ras' side.

currently following:

Default Black Lightning, Raijin!

Batman and the Øutsiders #5

edit: more BL goodness from Dexter Soy and Veronica
    in Outsiders coming soon!

Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-13-2019 at 10:50 AM.

currently following:

Spectacular Member

Absolutely loved those panels when i read the issue.

Batman and the Øutsiders #8
    written by BRYAN HILL
    art by DEXTER SOY
    cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
    variant cover by KEVIN NOWLAN
    Queen takes rook in this master’s game of chess played by the Demon’s Head himself, Ra’s al Ghul, as he cultivates more of the Outsiders for his taking. Cassandra Cain is caught in the middle between friendship, family, and her own moral judgments. Meanwhile, Black Lightning continues to make his moves while Batman seems to be away on “Bruce Wayne” business.
    ON SALE 12.11.19

currently following:

Astonishing Member

Beautiful as always!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

So I asked Bryan Hill about which ability trumps the other Duke's "signal sight" or Cassandra's body reading (I was asking specifically about the ability but I appreciated his reply regardless) and someone replied with this gem

repost from the Duke thread, figured it'd be appreciated here too

currently following: