Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

So ? What are you guy's reactions to today's issue ?

Personally, I really dig this one, spoilers:
    because, while I've seen here and there people unhappy with the focus on Kaliber and Sofia. i can understand it, I didn't pick up the book for them, at first. But I think developing them now is a long term plan, because Hill knows we wouldn't really care about them if all they had were three pages here and there in each issues. Clearly, the goal is not to have bland characters but dynamic and complex ones, with flaws and opportunities to surpass them. Hence why it was necessary to focus on those two
    end of spoilers

I can't wait for issue 3 now...

Another winner for me. I appreciated the focus on those two and I feel like it's an investment in the future of the team. Hill is a great writer and he continues his masterful work here.

And that art! This action scenes were done like an anime fight. It was a pleasure for the eyes. My most looked-forward to book each month.

I'm still really digging this book and I'm sure I'll will be even more impressed when I read this arc in trade; considering my only critique is I want to see more every issue. I'm a little disappointed we haven't gotten much from Orphan and Katana (mainly Orphan) but it's a necessary evil to give Sofia and Kaliber meaningful moments of development. all and all, another great issue for me.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I remember hearing Bryan Hill say he writes Black Lightning as a young Denzel Washington in Ricochet, it made me think; while we haven't gotten a ton of material from the other characters yet, how would cast each Outsider given what you know about them?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I really dig the variant cover for the September issue, but the regular one is also great !

I can't wait to read it already, I've the feeling that the team will be fully established by the end of the year and with how kinetic the first two issues have been, I know it'll be a delight to see all the characters in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I really dig the variant cover for the September issue, but the regular one is also great !

I can't wait to read it already, I've the feeling that the team will be fully established by the end of the year and with how kinetic the first two issues have been, I know it'll be a delight to see all the characters in action.
    Awww yeah, some Duke interactions with an Immortal in DC! just take my all riches DC!!

currently following:

Next month in Batman and the Outsiders... A badass Signal !

Next month in Batman and the Outsiders... A badass Signal !

I'm not the biggest fan of C̶a̶p̶u̶l̶l̶o̶ Cully Hamner's design for Duke's costume but Dexter Soy knows how to make it look utterly badass. I love the glowing eyes, I hope he's using his powers in this panel.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-21-2019 at 09:24 AM.

currently following:

Don't you mean Cully hammer ? I don't remember Capullo designing his new suit.

Don't you mean Cully hammer ? I don't remember Capullo designing his new suit.
    Yeah, I meant Cully Hamner smh how'd I mix that up?

currently following:

I really enjoyed this issue! Sofia continues to be an intriguing character but I feel Duke was the real star of this
    issue. it's good to see Duke get some much needed character growth.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-11-2019 at 05:45 AM.

currently following:

I like what they did here with Signal. I trust this creative team to truly develop each character with care. This is a high quality series.

Hill really is able to write incredible character moments. And Soy and Gandini are able to translate them so well on the page. The hug between Cass and Duke is priceless, and Sofia's interactions with the Demon are also quite visual and grating. I hope the Outsiders will be able to save her. Kaliber and her would do great to add.

But Bruce really is kind of a dick. "Oh, you have some trauma? Let me dress as the guy who almost killed you!"

Hill really is able to write incredible character moments. And Soy and Gandini are able to translate them so well on the page. The hug between Cass and Duke is priceless, and Sofia's interactions with the Demon are also quite visual and grating. I hope the Outsiders will be able to save her. Kaliber and her would do great to add.

But Bruce really is kind of a dick. "Oh, you have some trauma? Let me dress as the guy who almost killed you!"
    I interpreted it as a plan by all of them to help Duke accept (or maybe confront would be a better word?) his trauma so he could move forward. Although I can see how that could come off a dickish on their part, emmerson therapy has been used to treat people's phobias before, so it's not wholly inappropriate. maybe he felt giving him a target for his anger in the form of his victimizer would be the most direct way to approach Duke's recovery. I mean, maybe this shows my psychosis but, if someone ambushed and almost killed me I'd want another crack at them to shoot a fair one.

currently following:

best page of the issue.

currently following: