Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

flickeringmyth preview for tomorrow's issue of Batman & the Outsiders
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Hill is doing a Q&A on twitter, and he does answer Outsiders related questions. For instance, how Ra's depiction will be different from usual.

I was rereading Batman & the Outsiders since the first arc is done and I noticed something from issue 1 that made me go hmmm

hmmm....

is that Karma!? Bruce was monitoring Karma in issue #1 when he recieved the news about the Gabriel and Sofia Ramos.

he's in a similar wall mounted position as issue #6

I thought that was a pretty cool bit of continuity.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

what did you guys think of the annual?

currently following:

I was happy to see more of Katana here, especially since Hill seemed to lean heavily toward her being connected to magic, which could be a way to balance the team : BL and Duke are meta-humans, Cass is normal, Katana is magical. Plus, I loved the art, even if it wasn't at the level of Dexter Soy !

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

what did you guys think of the annual?
    I liked it, because it was a one and done story- I’m already tired of the ra’s al ghul thing going on in the book. And I’m tired of duke and Cassie. I’d like to see katana move over to justice league dark.

Incredible Member

Just started reading the series and I'm enjoying it. The Annual was my favorite so far. This series has also introduced me to a lot of characters. I've never read anything with Cassandra, Duke and Katana. At first I thought Katana also didn't talk much (because of the suicide squad movie). Hopefully this series goes far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Just started reading the series and I'm enjoying it. The Annual was my favorite so far. This series has also introduced me to a lot of characters. I've never read anything with Cassandra, Duke and Katana. At first I thought Katana also didn't talk much (because of the suicide squad movie). Hopefully this series goes far.
    I would like to believe so long as Black Lightning's show keeps going strong and this title holds stable sales, we can probably see this title ongoing at least as long as the Terrifics have gone on now. I hope Hill can do well enough that DC will shift it from Batman & the Outsiders to simply Outsiders or The Outsiders, this series thus far is far more their book than his; and as it should, I'm honestly far more interested in how this series will develop Black Lightning and the other Outsiders than anything else. The annual was playing with some interesting ideas for Katana, I can't wait to see that play out. I'm gonna be honest tho, I'm more than a little bummed that Duke is being victimized yet again, I know it's a trend that started before he got his hands on the kid so I can't fully fault Hill, considering he was aware enough to address the dissatisfaction from some fans about Duke being beat down and benched on his 'Tec run, that he'd at least throw the kid a small victory before breaking him down again. The spoilers:
    darkness upgrade that Ishmael gave him
    end of spoilers could be interesting depending on how Hill plays it but I would love for Duke to win for a change. Duke's been taken so too many L's with not nearly enough feats or showing to balance it out; he's going to come off incompetent and eventually shelved if readers only see him lose and i don't want that. I like Sofia and Kaliber, they ar ecool additions and I REEEEALLY hope they stay on the team when the dust settles on this conflict with Ras al Ghul.

currently following:

Mighty Member

I was disappointed in today’s issue, even though some interesting things happened. The annual was the strongest issue by far. So it was going to be hard to follow that up.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Just another great issue from this series. This book is consistently top quality. Awesome how that event unfolded and looking forward to the resolution.

I was a little sad to not have Dexter Soy's art, but it was still a very strong issue, with a perfect Cass, so i'm happy, even if Duke needs some Win !

Also, issue ten has been solicited :

BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #10
    written by BRYAN HILL
    art by DEXTER SOY
    cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
    variant cover by CHRIS BURNHAM
    When Batman recruited Black Lightning to join the Outsiders, he warned him of the dark world he was entering. Black Lightning shrugged it off, but now that Ra’s al Ghul has gone after him directly, the darkness Batman warned of has enveloped him. Will the Outsiders be able to free him from it?
    ON SALE 02.12.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I was a little sad to not have Dexter Soy's art, but it was still a very strong issue, with a perfect Cass, so i'm happy, even if Duke needs some Win !

Also, issue ten has been solicited :

BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #10
    written by BRYAN HILL
    art by DEXTER SOY
    cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
    variant cover by CHRIS BURNHAM
    When Batman recruited Black Lightning to join the Outsiders, he warned him of the dark world he was entering. Black Lightning shrugged it off, but now that Ra’s al Ghul has gone after him directly, the darkness Batman warned of has enveloped him. Will the Outsiders be able to free him from it?
    ON SALE 02.12.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

I really dig the variant cover, after reading the annual, Katana is the character I'm [second] most interested to see developed in this series; behind Duke.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-18-2019 at 04:47 PM.

currently following:

Ultimate Member

I am now caught up with all the issues. Finally got a copy of issue #5 (variant).

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I am now caught up with all the issues. Finally got a copy of issue #5 (variant).
    how do you feel about the series thus far? in the context of itself and the metatextual sense in the relation to DC as a whole.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I really dig the variant cover, after reading the annual, Katana is the character I'm [second] most interested to see developed in this series; behind Duke.
    Katana really rocking that sensual spandex .