Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Do you mind listing the immediate post-clone saga content? I have all of the Next Chapter, GOT5, PP: Spider-Man & Revenge of the Green Goblin - I know there's Spider-Hunt & Identity Crisis.
    Spider-Hunt and Identity Crisis, yes, plus I think you can find ‘Goblins at the Gate’, ‘Hobgoblin Lives’ and some others in TPB form. Unfortunately a lot of it isn’t collected, so you have to hunt down back issues. If you can find them, I’d recommend the Spec Spider-Man run in particular, especially the Chameleon arc #240 to #245, and #250, which has Norman’s post-Revelations return to the book.

  2. #17
    Y'know. Pav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Here's what is collected:
    - Spider-Man by Todd DeZago and Mike Wieringo: Sensational Spider-Man #7-24, #-1
    - Spider-Man: Spider-Hunt: Sensational Spider-Man #25-26; Amazing Spider-Man #432-433; Spider-Man #88-90; Spectacular Spider-Man #254-256
    - Spider-Man: Identity Crisis: Sensational Spider-Man #27-28; Amazing Spider-Man #434-435; Spider-Man #91-92; Spectacular Spider-Man #257-258
    - Spider-Man: Hobgoblin Lives: Spectacular Spider-Man #259-261; Spider-Man: Hobgoblin Lives #1-3
    - Spider-Man: The Gathering of Five: Sensational Spider-Man #32-33; Amazing Spider-Man #440-441; Spider-Man #96-98; Spectacular Spider-Man #262-263
    I hope more inclusive volumes get made. I lost the comics I bought as a kid in a fire last year, and much of that collection was made up of this era, which was really enjoyable. (I agree that Amazing was often the weak link, but I did enjoy the Black Tarantula and Ricochet.)

    I still miss SHOC.

    -Pav, who also lost his Marvel vs DC and Amalgam issues...
    2019 Marvel Monthly Buys: Superior Spider-Man Runaways Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors Silver Surfer: Black Death's Head House of X Powers of X Contagion

    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school students! DM for details

  3. #18
    Radioactive! Spiderfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New York-94
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Here's what is collected:
    - Spider-Man by Todd DeZago and Mike Wieringo: Sensational Spider-Man #7-24, #-1
    - Spider-Man: Spider-Hunt: Sensational Spider-Man #25-26; Amazing Spider-Man #432-433; Spider-Man #88-90; Spectacular Spider-Man #254-256
    - Spider-Man: Identity Crisis: Sensational Spider-Man #27-28; Amazing Spider-Man #434-435; Spider-Man #91-92; Spectacular Spider-Man #257-258
    - Spider-Man: Hobgoblin Lives: Spectacular Spider-Man #259-261; Spider-Man: Hobgoblin Lives #1-3
    - Spider-Man: The Gathering of Five: Sensational Spider-Man #32-33; Amazing Spider-Man #440-441; Spider-Man #96-98; Spectacular Spider-Man #262-263
    Wow thanks, looks like I've got some collecting to do. Is the Spider-Man by Todd DeZago collected in Amazing Spider-Man of that time or is all Sensational? Sorry for any confusion...I have difficulty tracing which issues are collected into what.

    EDIT: WebSlingWonder by Spider-Man by Todd DeZago are you by chance referring to this title? I don't have this particular standalone unless it is collected in the Complete Ben Reilly Epic (in which case I do have it). Also do we need to include "Revelations" to the list as semi/post-Clone Saga?
    Last edited by Spiderfang; 06-29-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

  4. #19
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Wow thanks, looks like I've got some collecting to do. Is the Spider-Man by Todd DeZago collected in Amazing Spider-Man of that time or is all Sensational? Sorry for any confusion...I have difficulty tracing which issues are collected into what.

    EDIT: WebSlingWonder by Spider-Man by Todd DeZago are you by chance referring to this title? I don't have this particular standalone unless it is collected in the Complete Ben Reilly Epic (in which case I do have it). Also do we need to include "Revelations" to the list as semi/post-Clone Saga?
    Hi Spiderfang! Yes, the linked title is the one I was referring to! It just has the Sensational issues during Todd DeZago's initial run on the title. You don't need to get "Revelations" as you may want to wait for the Ben Reilly Omnibus Vol. 2 (it would no doubt include "Revelations")

    As for Amazing Spider-Man: the book is missing a considerable amount of issues from post-"Clone Saga", including #419-431, which hasn't been collected in any format unfortunately.
    Let me know if you have any other questions!
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  5. #20
    Radioactive! Spiderfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New York-94
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Hi Spiderfang! Yes, the linked title is the one I was referring to! It just has the Sensational issues during Todd DeZago's initial run on the title. You don't need to get "Revelations" as you may want to wait for the Ben Reilly Omnibus Vol. 2 (it would no doubt include "Revelations")

    As for Amazing Spider-Man: the book is missing a considerable amount of issues from post-"Clone Saga", including #419-431, which hasn't been collected in any format unfortunately.
    Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Oh I actually have the entire Clone Saga & Ben Reilly epics completed from their TPB releases a few years ago (cost me a pretty penny for the last three but so worth it!) and I can get Revelations for fairly cheap, I just figured it was already included in the Ben Reilly Epic (Books 1-6) or Clone Saga Epic (Books 1-5)
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

  6. #21
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    Mattie Franklin deserved better

  7. #22
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Also do we need to include "Revelations" to the list as semi/post-Clone Saga?
    Itís NOT post-Clone Saga. It IS the last story in the Clone Saga. Itís in the final Epic Ben Reilly collection. Itís also collected separately with 14 extra pages (kind of a directorís cut).

  8. #23
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Hi Spiderfang! Yes, the linked title is the one I was referring to! It just has the Sensational issues during Todd DeZago's initial run on the title. You don't need to get "Revelations" as you may want to wait for the Ben Reilly Omnibus Vol. 2 (it would no doubt include "Revelations")

    As for Amazing Spider-Man: the book is missing a considerable amount of issues from post-"Clone Saga", including #419-431, which hasn't been collected in any format unfortunately.
    Let me know if you have any other questions!
    While those ASM issues are not collected in traditional TPBs, you can find most of them in digital form on comixology. They are pretty cheap, like a dollar or two dollars each. Unfortunately the real gem of that era, DeMatteis and Ross’s Spec run is not on comixology. Neither is PP:SM. Sensational is though.

  9. #24
    Mighty Member Minerboh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Not the best period of Spider-Man, i am afraid.
    Marve really did a number by bringing back May the way they brought her.

  10. #25
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Not the best period of Spider-Man, i am afraid.
    Marve really did a number by bringing back May the way they brought her.
    I consider the May resurrection to be the third worst storyline decision of all time after OMD (1) and Sins Past (2).

  11. #26
    Radioactive! Spiderfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New York-94
    Posts
    480

    Default

    So I found this/these on Wikipedia and have been using it as a guide/bookmark (I started reading spider-man in the McFarlane era, and stopped sometime during the Clone Saga)

    First Series

    Spider-Man: Torment
    Spider-Man: Masques
    Spider-Man: Perceptions
    X-Force: A Force to be Reckoned
    Spider-Man: Revenge of the Sinister Six
    Spider-Man: Revenge of the Sinister Six hardcover
    Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage
    Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic
    Spider-Man: The Complete Ben Reilly Epic

    X-Men: The Complete Onslaught Epic Vol. 2
    Spider-Man: Revelations
    Spider-Man: Spider-Hunt
    Spider-Man: Identity Crisis
    Spirits of Venom
    Spider-Man: The Gathering of Five

    Second series

    Spider-Man: Next Chapter
    Volume 1
    Volume 2
    Volume 3
    Peter Parker: Spider-Man
    Volume 1: A Day in the Life
    Volume 2: One Small Break
    Volume 3: Spider-Man: Return of the Goblin
    Volume 4: Trials and Tribulations
    Volume 5: Senseless Violence
    Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin
    Spectacular Spider-Man: The Final Curtain
    Spider-Man's Tangled Web Volume 4

    It seems I'm missing quite a few from before Clone Saga/MacFarlane era, as well as one or two X-books? (italics = missing). The point of this whole post is that since 2016/2017 I've been trying to catch up on what I've missed in Spider-Man since the 90's (basically since the Clone Saga), and when I found a good site for reading Spider-Man online, I relearned about the Peter Parker: Spider-Man series that I briefly read back in the early 2000's (I remembered wondering "wth is Ben?!?"), I did some research and this entry for Peter Parker: Spider-Man came up on the wiki, which apparently claims that it started as far back as the MacFarlane era and stretches beyond the Clone Saga (which yes I am hellbent on collecting all of).

    EDIT: Also apparently The Spectacular Spider-Man: "the Final Curtain" is part of the collection, and assuming that Venom: Separation Anxiety is as well.
    Last edited by Spiderfang; 07-01-2019 at 10:40 PM.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •