Default DC Audiobook Listening Order

I bought a whole lot of DC audio books a little while back in a bundle, plus supplemented with a couple of additional books. I'm planning to start listening to them soon, during travel time and such.
    I am not familiar with these stories at all, as my comic collection is fairly recent stuff, plus I'm more familiar with the videogames/movies/live-action tv-series really.

Is there a recommended listening order for them that works better chronologically? Or does it not matter?

Batman Dead White

Batman Inferno

Wayne of Gotham

Batman No Man's Land

Batman The Stone King

Superman - Last Sons

Superman - Trail of Time

It's Superman!

Superman The Never Ending Battle

Green Lantern Hero's Quest

Green Lantern Sleepers (books 1 through 3)

I already found an order list for the Crisis stories, so I'm set for those. I'm guessing the Crisis trilogy, with 52 and Countdown, goes after all the character stories? Or is it before? I only have one Flash and Wonder-woman story each, so I guess I'll listen to those whenever, and then save any Justice League stories for before Crisis.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 05-07-2019 at 12:54 AM.

Some of the one's you have listed were part of a series of inter-related that were published around the same time with the same trade dress and built oneach other, they included:

Batman: The Stone King by Alan Grant
    The Flash: Stop Motion by Mark Schultz
    Green Lantern: Hero’s Quest by Dennis O’Neil
    JLA: Exterminators by Christopher Golden
    Superman: The Never-ending Battle by Roger Stern
    Wonder Woman: Mythos by Carol Lay

These are original stories, not adaptations of comics, and form their own continuity, independent of the DCU in the comics, but it was largely based on the DC books of their time (they came out 2001-2005-ish) and Batman The Stone King was the first of the series (I am not sure of the exact publication order). They don't really play into any books outside the series, so they should be read/listened to as a group, but won't really affect the larger overall reading order of the rest. The overall series was called Justice League of America.

Wayne of Gotham is a sort of Elseworlds tale, so also won't be affected by the rest.

Trail of Time and Lost Sons were also part of a series of interrelated books (as well as Inheritance and one other by Denny O'Neil featuring the Question as the protagonist)-the overall series is called DC Universe, and they somewhat reflect the DCU of their time (circa 2006), but are their own thing too, for example the Question book is an alternate take/origin for the character and differs greatly from O'Neill's take on the character when he revived the Question for DC in the late 80s. So again, these should be listened to as a group, but won't affect any of the other books outside their own series.

Batman Dead White and Inferno were also part of a series of Batman books put out around the same time (as well as a third book called Fear Itself all circa 2006 as well). Again they reflect the Batman mythos of the time and interconnect in some ways, but won't connect with any of the books outside their series, and are largely independent of any continuity from the comics.

When dealing with DC novels, it's much like dealing with DC movies-some are interrelated, some stand alone and such. There are some novels which are adaptations or expansions of stories appearing in comics (like No Man's Land), but many are original stories not tied to the comics continuity, so finding an overall reading order for all of them based on any kind of internal continuity for all of them is an effort in futility. If you want some kind of spine to follow for going through them, I would simply use original publication dates of the actual books to put them in a chronological order, or just group them by series and pick which series interests you the most to start with.

There's a list of novels based on comics at wikipedia that lists them in publication order, which could be helpful to you... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ased_on_comics

it also notes which ones are part of a series which will be helpful as well.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 05-07-2019 at 01:23 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Some of the one's you have listed were part of a series of inter-related that were published around the same time with the same trade dress and built oneach other, they included:

Batman: The Stone King by Alan Grant
    The Flash: Stop Motion by Mark Schultz
    Green Lantern: Hero’s Quest by Dennis O’Neil
    JLA: Exterminators by Christopher Golden
    Superman: The Never-ending Battle by Roger Stern
    Wonder Woman: Mythos by Carol Lay

These are original stories, not adaptations of comics, and form their own continuity, independent of the DCU in the comics, but it was largely based on the DC books of their time (they came out 2001-2005-ish) and Batman The Stone King was the first of the series (I am not sure of the exact publication order). They don't really play into any books outside the series, so they should be read/listened to as a group, but won't really affect the larger overall reading order of the rest. The overall series was called Justice League of America.
    Cool, yeah these were all in the bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Wayne of Gotham is a sort of Elseworlds tale, so also won't be affected by the rest.

Trail of Time and Lost Sons were also part of a series of interrelated books (as well as Inheritance and one other by Denny O'Neil featuring the Question as the protagonist)-the overall series is called DC Universe, and they somewhat reflect the DCU of their time (circa 2006), but are their own thing too, for example the Question book is an alternate take/origin for the character and differs greatly from O'Neill's take on the character when he revived the Question for DC in the late 80s. So again, these should be listened to as a group, but won't affect any of the other books outside their own series.

Batman Dead White and Inferno were also part of a series of Batman books put out around the same time (as well as a third book called Fear Itself all circa 2006 as well). Again they reflect the Batman mythos of the time and interconnect in some ways, but won't connect with any of the books outside their series, and are largely independent of any continuity from the comics.

When dealing with DC novels, it's much like dealing with DC movies-some are interrelated, some stand alone and such. There are some novels which are adaptations or expansions of stories appearing in comics (like No Man's Land), but many are original stories not tied to the comics continuity, so finding an overall reading order for all of them based on any kind of internal continuity for all of them is an effort in futility. If you want some kind of spine to follow for going through them, I would simply use original publication dates of the actual books to put them in a chronological order, or just group them by series and pick which series interests you the most to start with.
    Ok, that clears things up, I expected them to connect. Thanks for the help!