Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
Ok you are mostly right with this but IMHO partial misinformed, to clarify a couple of things first) yes a fan base can be vocal and everyone has the right to their view but and this is a big but it seems to me that more and more fans think that they know the truth and that anything different from it is wrong for the character because of reasons example I don't think Peter is a everyman why because a) he is a genius and b) he has very good luck with the ladies while the thought makes me want $!&*^$% razor blades others will disagree because of the issues he has which is fine but it has happened the "real" Spider-Man can only grow with Mary Jane as his wife nothing else will do and second) the vocal portion of the fan base are getting what they want or are been given hope so they aren't going to give off crap about it well in my experience anyway
If people feel that way, it's because that was their reading of stories that Marvel had published.

I mean they had the NOT-DEVIL come and say he wanted them to sacrifice their love to save Aunt May.

Kinda hard to think otherwise on seeing Peter and another lady moving forward after such a story.