Like most, I want to see the Man of Steel cross blades against "the terror" that is Brainiac.

To bolster Brainiac's ranks, I suggest giving him a support. Historically, he's allied with Luthor, Maxima, Draaga, Supergirl(s), Doomsday, Metallo, Lois Lane, Cyborg Superman, Telos, COMPUTO, Solaris and others.

I'd like to Imperiex (LOSH version) allied as Brainiac's ̶H̶e̶r̶a̶l̶d̶ Emissary.

This will give Supes someone other to fight and we know Imperiex can take Supes' punch no trouble.

Take it from Kang about having henchmen.

The story around Supes I have worked out. As well as toppling the Computer Tyrant. The only issue I have is bringing Brainiac to Earth in a unique way. We've seen enough standard alien invasion movies (DCEU, MCU, Transformers, Star Trek, Edge of Tomorrow, Pacific Rim, Fantastic Four ROTSS etc), that the challenge is doing something different and unique. I've contemplated giving Brainiac the Mobius Chair and making him a time traveler. Only foreseeable issue is that it skews really close to Kang and Terminator. At the same time, Brainiac also skews close to Galactus and Zod as well. Can't win for losing.

I like the time travel angle. I just need a strong enough clause to motivate Brainiac to travel back to 21st century Earth and kill the Last Son of Krypton. Any ideas? I could use the help.