View Poll Results: How would you restart the Superman movie franchise?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Man of Steel sequel with Zack Snyder returning

4 5.48%
  • A Man of Steel sequel with a new director but w/ same cast

31 42.47%
  • A recast Superman movie loosely in the DCEU

13 17.81%
  • A full reboot with a new continuity, no connection to the DCEU

17 23.29%
  • Just have spinoff movies like Supergirl

2 2.74%
  • Give the entire franchise a rest for the foreseeable future

3 4.11%
  • Other

3 4.11%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    A new WW84 trailer dropped today (I can already see the trash can joke becoming a meme). In it Steve Trevor comes back. Which suggests there's some sort of time travel thing going on here. I wonder if this will lead to that soft reboot we've been hearing so much about. Where they phase out the things people hated and keep the things people loved. So we get to keep Aquaman and the WW movies but JL and the Cavill Superman will be replaced.
    I have a hunch that Maxwell Lord mind F'd Wonder Woman and Steve doesn't really exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    The main DC movie characters are unaging like Aquaman and Diana.

I’d just say “Justice League happened ten years ago and Superman had a bright, full career” and bring back Cavill for a movie where his ten year old kid finds out he’s Superman.

The theme music is the Man of Steel theme sped up about 50 times with a full orchestra and Harry Potterized with whimsical segments and more complete phrasing like a Danny Elfman version. So instead of “da da.... da da... da da” it becomes more “da da dundundun da da dundundun da da dunDUNdunDUN”. I always felt like the MOS and Nolan Batfilm themes felt like half a melody.

Well, now we get the whole melody. Since we last saw him, he got a fortress and Kandor and 50 odd enemies and 10 kinds of Kryptonite and he pals around with Steel and Jimmy Olsen and he’s had like 500 issues worth of adventures and Jon just comes into that all as a novice. And it’s Harry Potter. Kid enters developed world with mythology and rules that are new to him.
    I feel like Zimmer tends to abandon musical pieces that would make really good themes for Batman and Superman and retains the more minimalist parts for the sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I have a hunch that Maxwell Lord mind F'd Wonder Woman and Steve doesn't really exist.
    Hey, I have that theory too! You're the first person I've seen mention it.

Max is a telepath, I'm not sure if no one is talking about it because it's so obvious or if (almost) no one has considered it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

continue the saga with more rescues, and no carnage. more kinds of villains.

Fantastic Member

I think the problem with Superman movies is the writers trying to make him into something his not! The man of steel and Batman vs Superman wasn't superman!! Let superman be who he has always been!! Stop trying to make him like Batman!! Dark!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 12-17-2019 at 08:01 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I think the problem with Superman movies is the writers trying to make him into something his not! The man of steel and Batman vs Superman wasn't superman!! Let superman be who he has always been!! Stop trying to make him like Batman!! Dark!!
    Really? I can say the same for every other portrayal of superman. There isn't 'always been' in superman's case. There were multiple versions of the character and the character has always evolved. I can show you panels of superman throwing a guy through a wall. Would you consider that superman?
    Your notions of superman isn't the reality of the character's history. man of steel superman has taken inspirations and influences from tons of superman comics through out the years. Goldenage, secret origins, birthright, earth one, all star, for tomorrow, byrne man of steel... Etc. So that superman is more superman many other versions.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Really? I can say the same for every other portrayal of superman. There isn't 'always been' in superman's case. There were multiple versions of the character and the character has always evolved. I can show you panels of superman throwing a guy through a wall. Would you consider that superman?
    Your notions of superman isn't the reality of the character's history. man of steel superman has taken inspirations and influences from tons of superman comics through out the years. Goldenage, secret origins, birthright, earth one, all star, for tomorrow, byrne man of steel... Etc. So that superman is more superman many other versions.
    Yup, pretty much every single scene, line of dialogue, and design in MoS can be traced back to something from the comics.

Non-fans have a very well defined idea of who and what Superman is, but the irony is that the character does not and never has actually reflected this view. He's not what so many people assume he is at all, but boy do they get pissed when he doesn't act like they want him to!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yup, pretty much every single scene, line of dialogue, and design in MoS can be traced back to something from the comics.

Non-fans have a very well defined idea of who and what Superman is, but the irony is that the character does not and never has actually reflected this view. He's not what so many people assume he is at all, but boy do they get pissed when he doesn't act like they want him to!
    I'm not a non-fan!! I have been reading Superman comics since I was six, i was six in 1962!! I have seen all his movies! I still says that wasn't superman in the man of steel and Batman vs Superman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I'm not a non-fan!! I have been reading Superman comics since I was six, i was six in 1962!! I have seen all his movies! I still says that wasn't superman in the man of steel and Batman vs Superman.
    Then you need to rewatch man of steel. This time without prejudice and notions. It's crazy how many comics have been taken in for that movie.Batman was inspired by superman's success .Superman was the vigilante long before batman . Superman can be just as dark, if more so than batman.Anything that has some semblance of siegel and shuster's vision is superman. And this guy has it, maybe more so than many versions of the character. You can say what you want. That doesn't make it true or fact. I can provide evidences of the influences, quotes, plot resemblances.. Etc right from the source in the man of steel movie. And You can't disprove them. So, your opinion while understandable doesn't really matter. That guy is superman as it gets. There is a whole thread where others including me had discussion on the influences taken in man of steel movie. There was also a thread about classic superman.