Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think Johnson's still well-regarded outside the Star Wars fandom. Not just for his other projects but also for his work on Breaking Bad.
    Brick and Looper are really great films. His Star Wars....not so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh
    Apparently Disney did learn their lesson.
    John Campea is saying the same thing. Some people are saying that Rian's films will alternate with B&W's films and they will link to eachother like the Marvel films and they will not be based on The Knights Of The Old Republic. At this point I'm waiting to see what Disney says.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-09-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Now remember, I truly hate the Last Jedi and think it's the worst of Star Wars by a broad country mile, so when I say this it's not as some blind fan of the film...but ya'll silly if you think your feelings for that film represent the majority opinion. The film made a lot of dough at the box office, was well regarded by critics and at the most pessimistic estimate received merely mixed reactions from your average movie goer which is far from the scorn some would like to believe it received so where's the incentive not to have Johnston not make more as has already been officially announced?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Now remember, I truly hate the Last Jedi and think it's the worst of Star Wars by a broad country mile, so when I say this it's not as some blind fan of the film...but ya'll silly if you think your feelings for that film represent the majority opinion. The film made a lot of dough at the box office, was well regarded by critics and at the most pessimistic estimate received merely mixed reactions from your average movie goer which is far from the scorn some would like to believe it received so where's the incentive not to have Johnston not make more as has already been officially announced?
    Obviously Disney knows something we don't that is causing them to pump the breaks on Johnson's trilogy. I just find it strange that Disney mentions Abrams and B&W (whose trilogy isn't even out yet) every chance they get but Johnson is being ignored. Maybe his stuff will end up on Disney+?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Obviously Disney knows something we don't that is causing them to pump the breaks on Johnson's trilogy. I just find it strange that Disney mentions Abrams and B&W (whose trilogy isn't even out yet) every chance they get but Johnson is being ignored. Maybe his stuff will end up on Disney+?
    We have nothing saying that there are any breaks being pumped though, just a rumor from a guy who's been wrong just about as many times as he has been right with his "insider" scoops...meanwhile the director in question continues to say that work will commence after wrapping up his current project.

One of those two pieces of information is based on primary knowledge and the other is based upon what can be charitably called second hand...of the two I think I know which one would seem more reliable.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 05-12-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Apparently, Disney DID learn their lesson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnOSKPy3AD8
    Cool news.

Iger has confirmed that this is the trilogy from the GOT guys.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...g02R1zIwsiXi2E
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Iger has confirmed that this is the trilogy from the GOT guys.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...g02R1zIwsiXi2E
    So, 2 films of excellent build-up followed by a rushed, nonsensical 3rd film?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    We have nothing saying that there are any breaks being pumped though, just a rumor from a guy who's been wrong just about as many times as he has been right with his "insider" scoops...meanwhile the director in question continues to say that work will commence after wrapping up his current project.

One of those two pieces of information is based on primary knowledge and the other is based upon what can be charitably called second hand...of the two I think I know which one would seem more reliable.
    Well, Disney just released news that the new trilogy will be from the GoT guys. No mention of Johnson. https://deadline.com/2019/05/star-wa...er-1202614731/ So you can believe that....

Rian's trilogy is still going to be made, but after the current trilogy. Which is a very long time to wait.

Rian's trilogy is going to be made at the same time, except Disney is trying to cut back on Star Wars movies.

Disney is just ghosting Rian. Which is very cruel, and I'm pretty sure he has a contract so that thing won't happen.

Both Disney and Rian know that it's over. They are trying to save face and are just waiting for the right time to say that they have both moved on.

Which one makes the most sense to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Well, Disney just released news that the new trilogy will be from the GoT guys. No mention of Johnson. https://deadline.com/2019/05/star-wa...er-1202614731/ So you can believe that....

Rian's trilogy is still going to be made, but after the current trilogy. Which is a very long time to wait.

Rian's trilogy is going to be made at the same time, except Disney is trying to cut back on Star Wars movies.

Disney is just ghosting Rian. Which is very cruel, and I'm pretty sure he has a contract so that thing won't happen.

Both Disney and Rian know that it's over. They are trying to save face and are just waiting for the right time to say that they have both moved on.

Which one makes the most sense to you?
    The one that makes sense to me is the one that doesn't involve speculation, so option E wait for an actual announcement about Rian's movies? That seems much more reasonable given the actual facts, but hey if speculation is your thing it's a free world.