Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I was wrapt when I saw this.
    The original shorts were fantastic. In particular the Spectre and Jonah Hex episodes.
    I hope they pump out a lot more.
    The Spectre and Jonah Hex Showcase shorts are two of my favorite DC animated projects. They’re a big reason why I’m so excited by this announcement. I’m particularly curious about the Phantom Stranger short. I love the character but I just hope they don’t give him a definitive origin. Definitely not the Judas origin. His origin should always be mysterious. Just say something along the lines of “Ive been condemned to walk the earth by a higher power.” Don’t get specific.

Would absolutely love if the Frankenstein in the Creature Commandos looked like the Morrison/Mahnke version. Mohawk and all.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-09-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Mighty Member

It would’ve been nice for them to give a POC character or two there own shorts. But we get Sgt Rock of all people. The others are pretty cool.
    Last edited by Raijin; 05-09-2019 at 12:43 AM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    It would’ve been nice for them to give a POC character or two there own shorts. But we get Sgt Rock of all people. The others are pretty cool.
    Hey, Sgt. Rock is getting us Creature Commandos fighting zombie Nazis, that's the coolest part of this announcement. Now, giving up either Adam Strange or Death for a POC character would work. Personally I would love either a Black Lightning or Steel short. Considering Black Lightning has his own show, Steel would be my choice. Oh, since they did Catwoman after Superman Shazam, maybe they could do one of the black Bat-characters after a Death in the Family, say Batwing or Signal. My pick would be Signal, man's got a great costume and a short about a teen character could be great. Of course if we're talking black teen characters you have got to acknowledge Static, but I don't know how it'd work with the whole Milestone thing or not. Then there's Vixen, although the whole animal powers might feel too close to Beast Boy.

Just because I want them to push a new character, I'm going to say they should go with Signal.

What's wrong with Sgt. Rock? He doesn't get a lot of love. His short sounds awesome.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Hey, Sgt. Rock is getting us Creature Commandos fighting zombie Nazis, that's the coolest part of this announcement. Now, giving up either Adam Strange or Death for a POC character would work. Personally I would love either a Black Lightning or Steel short. Considering Black Lightning has his own show, Steel would be my choice. Oh, since they did Catwoman after Superman Shazam, maybe they could do one of the black Bat-characters after a Death in the Family, say Batwing or Signal. My pick would be Signal, man's got a great costume and a short about a teen character could be great. Of course if we're talking black teen characters you have got to acknowledge Static, but I don't know how it'd work with the whole Milestone thing or not. Then there's Vixen, although the whole animal powers might feel too close to Beast Boy.

Just because I want them to push a new character, I'm going to say they should go with Signal.
    Vixen had a whole bunch of animated stuff that came out of the CW. I think Steel would be a pretty good choice, more Superman-related content should be pushed at DC/WB. It would be really cool to see Steel in a similar style to the classic Fleischer Superman serials.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I've practically worn out my copy of the Superman/Shazam! one I watched it so much! My favorites were the Green Arrow and Spectre shorts. Really looking forward to this! Wish they'd do these more often. The Adam Strange as a hobo one is a little concerning though.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Vixen had a whole bunch of animated stuff that came out of the CW. I think Steel would be a pretty good choice, more Superman-related content should be pushed at DC/WB. It would be really cool to see Steel in a similar style to the classic Fleischer Superman serials.
    As much as I love the Fleischer Superman, I'd rather they do something a bit different with Steel. Something maybe a bit more 90s-ish to reflect the decade he came from. Not sure what though, just the general feel of that era of animation. Gargoyles, Batman the Animated Series, Spawn, Fox's Marvel shows like X-Men the Animated Series and Spider-Man the Animated Series, Aladdin, etc.

Incredible Member

Yeah but it feels like they put the least amount of effort into those vixen animated series. They barely gave her ten minutes an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Yeah but it feels like they put the least amount of effort into those vixen animated series. They barely gave her ten minutes an episode.
    To be fair, it was less an animated series and more an animated movie that was then dumbly chopped up into mini-episodes. Still more than Steel has had lately (Reign of the Supermen was too cramped to really service the characters).

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Spectre and Jonah Hex Showcase shorts are two of my favorite DC animated projects. They’re a big reason why I’m so excited by this announcement. I’m particularly curious about the Phantom Stranger short. I love the character but I just hope they don’t give him a definitive origin. Definitely not the Judas origin. His origin should always be mysterious. Just say something along the lines of “Ive been condemned to walk the earth by a higher power.” Don’t get specific.
    I'm not expecting them to go into his origin at all.

I don't think they even bothered to explain Spectre and Corrigan's deal in the Spectre short anways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Hey, Sgt. Rock is getting us Creature Commandos fighting zombie Nazis, that's the coolest part of this announcement. Now, giving up either Adam Strange or Death for a POC character would work.
    Kimberly Brooks is in the voice cast for the Adam Strange short. I mean, that doesn't necessarily mean she's voicing a POC, could be an alien or even Alanna, but could be they use the New 52 dark-skinned Alanna.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The Adam Strange as a hobo one is a little concerning though.
    I was thinking they were taking a spin from Krypton, but it could be they're going for a contrast between this disheveled drunk hobo and the "real" Adam Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not expecting them to go into his origin at all.

I don't think they even bothered to explain Spectre and Corrigan's deal in the Spectre short anways.

Kimberly Brooks is in the voice cast for the Adam Strange short. I mean, that doesn't necessarily mean she's voicing a POC, could be an alien or even Alanna, but could be they use the New 52 dark-skinned Alanna.

I was thinking they were taking a spin from Krypton, but it could be they're going for a contrast between this disheveled drunk hobo and the "real" Adam Strange.
    I really dislike human looking Alanna. Kimberly Brooks is a great VO choice though.

I really dislike human looking Alanna. Kimberly Brooks is a great VO choice though.
    I really did like her Young Justice design (and agreed on Kimberly Brooks) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really did like her Young Justice design (and agreed on Kimberly Brooks) .
    That design is probably my favorite same for Adam himself. I love the hood look and the Alice and Wonderland quotes. Adam Strange really is just sci-fi Alice in Wonderland when you think about it, probably the reason why I like him so much.

Mighty Member

What's wrong with Sgt. Rock? He doesn't get a lot of love. His short sounds awesome.
    I personally don’t have a problem with Sgt Rock at all. I think war comics are actually cool. I also think it’s cool that he’s teaming up with The Creature Commandos. They should have thrown in GI Robot. But I was speaking mostly from frustration.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I personally don’t have a problem with Sgt Rock at all. I think war comics are actually cool. I also think it’s cool that he’s teaming up with The Creature Commandos. They should have thrown in GI Robot. But I was speaking mostly from frustration.
    If this thing becomes big there could be more cool shorts featuring tons of characters. Eventually the ones you want will show up.