Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm fairly sure I recall that one dude overpowering being transported or some nonsense. It was from an episode about renegade enhanced soldiers or something like that?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Oh, wow, I had no idea Thor had such good travel speed. He should be fine then. Unless it's Mjolnir travel speed has has to "activate", then its a quickdraw with him and, say, Data on the transporters.
    Yeah, Thor's travel speed is literally as good as anyone's.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I'm fairly sure I recall that one dude overpowering being transported or some nonsense. It was from an episode about renegade enhanced soldiers or something like that?
    Yup he was just modified slightly to be harder to scan, while strange energy fields block locking on and various materials are difficult to transport due to their density. Once Thor spins up that hammer (At least as quickly as Data takes to get the transporters online and begin targeting Thor) the transporters aren't going to be able to snag him. And if Data focuses on that then Thor has a free shot at the Enterprise.

Only shot the Enterprise is if they are allowed the phased cloak technology. It makes the ship both invisible and intangible. Problem is, I don't think they can hurt Thor at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Only shot the Enterprise is if they are allowed the phased cloak technology. It makes the ship both invisible and intangible. Problem is, I don't think they can hurt Thor at all.
    A warp core breach might do the trick, but those things take time to build up and would be literal suicide.

What about.... RAMMING SPEED!?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    What about.... RAMMING SPEED!?
    It'd push him back at first, but he'd tear through the ship before they could do serious damage. They can't go from 0 to Warp 9.5 instantly either sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    It'd push him back at first, but he'd tear through the ship before they could do serious damage. They can't go from 0 to Warp 9.5 instantly either sadly.
    It would only take a few seconds to do so. Unfortunately for them, Thor is a high end bullet timer with crazy travel speed.

Astonishing Member

How does Thor know where the Enterprise is? I don't recall him having extreme sensory powers. He's not Heimdall. The Enterprise can detect him. How will Thor detect oncoming phaser blasts and torpedoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    How does Thor know where the Enterprise is? I don't recall him having extreme sensory powers. He's not Heimdall. The Enterprise can detect him. How will Thor detect oncoming phaser blasts and torpedoes?
    I could be wrong, but without any atmosphere in the way in deep space and the Enterprise being lit by many lights by default Thor shouldn't have an issue with the 10k kilometer distance.

I don't remember the distance, but I do remember Thor smashing Skrull ships in space with Mjolnir throws, during the Kree-Skrull War.

Astonishing Member

The visual angle of the Enterprise at 10,000 K will be microscopic. Unless if it emitting lots of light, it would be hard to see. Even then, distinguishing it from a star, might be difficult. If the Enterprise is FTL, I have no idea how Thor could sense it.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

He's had enough instances of space exploration that I'm relatively confident he's been able to sense a threat a long ways off or what have you. Beta Ray Bill certainly seems to have such an ability.

Astonishing Member

The perceptual and navigation abilities of supertypes is overlooked. If you want to fly here or there, how do you know where it is?

I mean Thor had a feat recently where he located a planet in another galaxy, and then opened a gateway to it. Also chucked his hammer into orbit and then recalled it through a star.

Plus his various decades of herp-derping in space just fine.

Figure he should be able to find the enterprise just fine.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan