Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

That's a lot of Ewing... he's on 13 of those stories. Sounds like Ewing may be kinda spearheading the direction of the next branding or whatever, that Marvel does after WotR and this anniversary issue. It may not be a full blown relaunch across the board, but you know how they do new directions and stuff every year or so.

I hope his Avengers World team that debuted in No Road Home get a book. West Coast is done so there's just the core book and Savage right now.

And maybe Young Avengers can get a new volume as well as a companion book to Champions. The YAs have shown up in Unstoppable Wasp, some of them will be in Death's Head, and now we have the original creative team reunited here, so that's almost certainly another appearance. Must be building up to something, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I mean, he is doing something right now. That being said, I can't tell if anything is real or fake.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I hope his Avengers World team that debuted in No Road Home get a book. West Coast is done so there's just the core book and Savage right now.

And maybe Young Avengers can get a new volume as well as a companion book to Champions. The YAs have shown up in Unstoppable Wasp, some of them will be in Death's Head, and now we have the original creative team reunited here, so that's almost certainly another appearance. Must be building up to something, right?
    The young Avengers are kinda popping up a lot of places, yeah, and WotR even had a rather gruesome callback to the last volume. and with Heiberg and Cheung seems like that will continue here. Just kinda guest spots for now, aside from Kate and America, until West Coast ended, but it does sort of feel like they're bringing the old gang back together. Maybe with a couple new ones thrown into the mix to keep it fresh, but I would want to keep the team on the small side, no more than, say, 7ish, since part of the appeal there was the personal interactions, and that gets lost with really large teams. It's been about 5 years since the last volume ended, feels like a good time to bring it back again. If sticking with the same characters tho, not sure how well the name 'Young Avengers' would apply though since all but one of them (Cassie) has like, gone to college now and stuff. Maybe new name for them and then a new team of younger heroes? Though Champions kinda has that covered.

also, lol, what's with all the sparkles on Zdarsky's?

Last edited by Raye; 05-09-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Steve Murray likes to joke around.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I sure hope so. I've been vying for a Young Avengers comeback pretty much since their book ended. They have wild potential, and I'd love to see more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    The young Avengers are kinda popping up a lot of places, yeah, and WotR even had a rather gruesome callback to the last volume. and with Heinberg and Cheung seems like that will continue here. Just kinda guest spots for now, aside from Kate and America, until West Coast ended, but it does sort of feel like they're bringing the old gang back together. Maybe with a couple new ones thrown into the mix to keep it fresh, but I would want to keep the team on the small side, no more than, say, 7ish, since part of the appeal there was the personal interactions, and that gets lost with really large teams. It's been about 5 years since the last volume ended, feels like a good time to bring it back again. If sticking with the same characters tho, not sure how well the name 'Young Avengers' would apply though since all but one of them (Cassie) has like, gone to college now and stuff. Maybe new name for them and then a new team of younger heroes? Though Champions kinda has that covered.
    If not the Young Avengers, I'd be fine with them being dubbed the New Avengers or something of that sort.

I assume membership would be OG members Wiccan, Hulkling, Speed, Stinger & Hawkeye. It's as good a place as any for Ms America. Prodigy being back on the squad would be neat. And I insist Anya Corazon joins the team because I maintain she'd be a perfect addition.

I'm really thinking it'll be a line-wide #1000 issue event, with every comic getting a #1000 issue featuring celebrity creators on that one issue.
    Because #1000 issues are suddenly the new #0.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It may just be one book filled with one page stories by each of these creative teams.
    That's what I thought - an anthology book, or anthology series.

It does seem like Cebulski is trying to win back "star" talent after a period where the company depended on a core of creators who didn't quite become big names (NOTE: there is nothing wrong with this and creators whose names move comics are not "better" than those who don't), but it seems like this is more a promotion of the big names they've signed up for something, it doesn't say how many pages they're signed up for.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    hello this is jude terror and today i'll be asking why terrible marvel comics didn't have tom brevoort enter the source wall and pull out king kirby
    Al Ewing
    And
    Jack Kirby

(Computer, insert sucky font...)

4 comics for every week in August. 40 pages. 5.99.

Nice big HC collection for Christmas.

Leads to a Ewing ongoing, maybe Avengers related.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    4 comics for every week in August. 40 pages. 5.99.

Nice big HC collection for Christmas.

Leads to a Ewing ongoing, maybe Avengers related.
    this sounds ideal and is probably better than the actual thing
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    That's a lot of Ewing... he's on 13 of those stories. Sounds like Ewing may be kinda spearheading the direction of the next branding or whatever, that Marvel does after WotR and this anniversary issue. It may not be a full blown relaunch across the board, but you know how they do new directions and stuff every year or so.
    Yes, give me all the Ewing you can, Marvel. Give me that,sweet, sweet, weird Ewing and his sweet, sweet, continuity and character driven stories!

This is likely similar to the 75th anniversary book.

Javier Rodriguez doing the Waid book and this as well as some DC people on this gave that away.

Ewing is likely doing the main plotline. It seems that's also why the Summer Special got canned.

My guess tomorrow will be Claremont, Byrne, Bendis, Louise Simonson and BKV.

I assume none of the "DC people" involved here are actually exclusive? That rules Bendis out (though if he was involved, his page should feature either Miles Morales or Jessica Jones). As for Simonson, why wouldn't Louise have been announced already when Walt has been? I think it's safe to say she's not involved. One missing name that surprised me was G Willow Wilson. I know she left Ms Marvel to do Wonder Woman, but she isn't actually DC exclusive (she was previously a Marvel exclusive).

I agree about the summer special. Some of it's planned content could be used here instead.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-10-2019 at 01:07 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman