Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Could be interesting. I am a sucker for the "evil counterpart" trope, though "morally ambiguous counterpart" works, too.
    And good guys get legacies...why not bad guys?

Maybe do Swordsman too...I know he has a daughter in Europe...but what about a son following in his foot steps.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-19-2022 at 06:21 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And good guys get legacies...why not bad guys?

Maybe do Swordsman too...I know he has a daughter in Europe...but what about a son following in his foot steps.
    Indeed. Swordsman would be great for a legacy revival in some form or other.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Package deal...Trickshot & Swordsman...the new mercenary power couple.

Package deal...Trickshot & Swordsman...the new mercenary power couple.
    Works for me. They can be the Absorbing Man and Titania of the mercenary set.

Ultimate Member

Given the development the Mandarin's gotten over the years, I could totally see him using his tech to empower a new regional hero (or even team of heroes), much as he included all sorts of Makluan stuff in the original Swordsman's sword (ice blasts, electricity blasts, nerve gas, etc.). I think it'd be in character for the way he's been trending the past few decades to form his own team of super-people out of Hong Kong, given Makluan tech upgrades similar to what he did for the Swordsman (without the whole 'infiltrate the Avengers' angle).

Or just a totally sideways variation of a new Swordsman. Imagine a new slender Swordsman who has a seemingly unbeatable sword style. His stance is a lie, and he reads body language like a book. Any move you make, he's predicted and countering expertly. And no matter what you think he's doing, based on his own body language, he always comes from an unexpected angle. Indeed, a professional swordsman might discover the most effective way to fight him is to close your eyes, because everything you read from his body language will just set you up for a spanking. At the end of an issue, he takes off his mask, and it's Doug Ramsey, using his mutant power over language to not only read body language, but to lie with his own body's tells.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Given the development the Mandarin's gotten over the years, I could totally see him using his tech to empower a new regional hero (or even team of heroes), much as he included all sorts of Makluan stuff in the original Swordsman's sword (ice blasts, electricity blasts, nerve gas, etc.). I think it'd be in character for the way he's been trending the past few decades to form his own team of super-people out of Hong Kong, given Makluan tech upgrades similar to what he did for the Swordsman (without the whole 'infiltrate the Avengers' angle).

Or just a totally sideways variation of a new Swordsman. Imagine a new slender Swordsman who has a seemingly unbeatable sword style. His stance is a lie, and he reads body language like a book. Any move you make, he's predicted and countering expertly. And no matter what you think he's doing, based on his own body language, he always comes from an unexpected angle. Indeed, a professional swordsman might discover the most effective way to fight him is to close your eyes, because everything you read from his body language will just set you up for a spanking. At the end of an issue, he takes off his mask, and it's Doug Ramsey, using his mutant power over language to not only read body language, but to lie with his own body's tells.
    A very clever twist there.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I find that brilliant reminds me of Harry Tanner "prince of lies" from that brief storm watch book, but doug is brilliant there.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Hmmm I LOVE the idea of the Mandarin having his own super team.

Maybe have one of them be this girl who pretends to be a witch, but is really just channeling the power of Makluan weapons given to her by Mandarin? for flavor, instead of rings like look like amulets or magic charms of some similar shape.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Maybe have one of them be this girl who pretends to be a witch, but is really just channeling the power of Makluan weapons given to her by Mandarin? for flavor, instead of rings like look like amulets or magic charms of some similar shape.
    Yeah, that could definitely work.

Extraordinary Member

What if...just bear with me...Impala was a former Dora Milaje?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Impala_(Earth-616)

What if...just bear with me...Impala was a former Dora Milaje?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Impala_(Earth-616)
    Like Malice from Christopher Priest's Black Panther run? Could be interesting.

Ultimate Member

I was thinking of someone who appears to be an Iron Man riff, but his armor is low-tech and protective, and it's Makluan tech built into a belt (that he can wear even when he's not in his armor) that gives him force powers allowing flight, force blasts and force fields (based on the Impact Beam ring), or a martial artist who has a bit of an Iron Fist mystical Chi-warrior theme going on, but has a collar that uses tech similar to the Mento-Intensifier Ring to enhance her fighting abilities with psychic support (precognitive parry, sense someone's intentions psychically, cloud someone's senses to hide, standard Jedi mind tricks style stuff).

But yeah, a witch could totally work!

Just the tech from a single ring could easily empower a fully functional hero. The Vortex Ring? Someone like Texas Twister, able to use whirlwinds offensively, defensively or as a means of transport. Ice Blast Ring? Iceman! Flame Blast Ring? Human Torch!

And since it's already established that Mandy can do this without just handing out his actual rings, as he did by building Makluan tech into the Swordsman's sword (tech from three or four different rings! It had fire, lightning, poison gas (which he creates using the Matter Rearranger Ring) and ice blasts, IIRC.), he can build the tech into whatever sort of gear he wants. Armor. Weapons. Jewelry (most likely bigger than his own rings, such as a big pectoral or belt or pair of bracers or something). Even a cybernetic implant!

I was thinking of someone who appears to be an Iron Man riff, but his armor is low-tech and protective, and it's Makluan tech built into a belt (that he can wear even when he's not in his armor) that gives him force powers allowing flight, force blasts and force fields (based on the Impact Beam ring), or a martial artist who has a bit of an Iron Fist mystical Chi-warrior theme going on, but has a collar that uses tech similar to the Mento-Intensifier Ring to enhance her fighting abilities with psychic support (precognitive parry, sense someone's intentions psychically, cloud someone's senses to hide, standard Jedi mind tricks style stuff).

But yeah, a witch could totally work!

Just the tech from a single ring could easily empower a fully functional hero. The Vortex Ring? Someone like Texas Twister, able to use whirlwinds offensively, defensively or as a means of transport. Ice Blast Ring? Iceman! Flame Blast Ring? Human Torch!

And since it's already established that Mandy can do this without just handing out his actual rings, as he did by building Makluan tech into the Swordsman's sword (tech from three or four different rings! It had fire, lightning, poison gas (which he creates using the Matter Rearranger Ring) and ice blasts, IIRC.), he can build the tech into whatever sort of gear he wants. Armor. Weapons. Jewelry (most likely bigger than his own rings, such as a big pectoral or belt or pair of bracers or something). Even a cybernetic implant!
    Well I figured that for a super team Mandarin would have members with a variety of combat styles.

But yeah, could do it any of several ways. Maybe an evil Power rangers knock off where each has one of the ten, yes, a Ranger team with 10 Rangers. Or maybe each of 5 gets two elements.

My thought was more like an evil Avengers idea. So your evil Iron Man, and Iron fist ideas, yeah, totally fit in a team with an evil Scarlet Witch.

Well I figured that for a super team Mandarin would have members with a variety of combat styles.

But yeah, could do it any of several ways. Maybe an evil Power rangers knock off where each has one of the ten, yes, a Ranger team with 10 Rangers. Or maybe each of 5 gets two elements.

My thought was more like an evil Avengers idea. So your evil Iron Man, and Iron fist ideas, yeah, totally fit in a team with an evil Scarlet Witch.
    It's happened a few times, relatively recently.

It's happened a few times, relatively recently.
    Honestly, I haven't watch Power Rangers in years.

But the idea of Mandarin being evil Zordon, and sending his own Rangers to fight heroes amuses me greatly. The number of Rangers is less important.