Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Revamp a Villain

I saw the “Revamp a Hero thread but couldn’t find a ”Revamp a Villain”, so here you go.

What villain would you revamp?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Revamp+Villain

i'm good with there being a part II of the thread. but i didn't start the original. so i have no say in it.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-09-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Lightning round revamps...

Hindsight being 20/20, I think they should make the Marvel Knights origin of costumed villains canon. They were originally G.Is and mercenaries outfitted with their weapons by corporate and government entities wanting a counter to the rising number of superheroes. With that in mind...

A much younger Norman Osborn would have gotten his start (as a mere technician) testing the hardware that was set aside for hired criminal operatives. He would see it as his patriotic duty and the way to become a success/support his new family. He'd eventually be given a masked identity of his own as the Red Cap. Most of his work would be industrial sabotage but he'd target a number of accused communists. His work and silence would make him several wealthy and well connected friends. There would be long term plans for Norman as a political figure. But the people behind the scenes see Norman as a pawn, at this point. He's vulnerable because, on some level, he wants to be a good man. He genuinely loves his family and country.

Moving along, Osborn now runs the lab. He's one of many to attempt to replicate or outdo Erskine. Yadda yadda he hits some set backs, takes some risks, and winds up with enhanced physical abilities, a heightened intellect, and every cluster B disorder you can imagine. He's smarter than Peter but focused entirely on complex revenge schemes and acquiring power. Early on, there'd be a clear distinction between family man Norman and the Goblin. At some point, his chemical imbalance evens out so he's more in control but at the loss of his altruism. He's the Goblin who now enjoys masquerading as Norman and sponsoring other costumed criminals as a nod to his origins.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-14-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Lightning round revamps...

Hindsight being 20/20, I think they should make the Marvel Knights origin of costumed villains canon. They were originally G.Is and mercenaries outfitted with their weapons by corporate and government entities wanting a counter to the rising number of superheroes. With that in mind...

A much younger Norman Osborn would have gotten his start (as a mere technician) testing the hardware that was set aside for hired criminal operatives. He would see it as his patriotic duty and the way to become a success/support his new family. He'd eventually be given a masked identity of his own as the Red Cap. Most of his work would be industrial sabotage but he'd target a number of accused communists. His work and silence would make him several wealthy and well connected friends. There would be long term plans for Norman as a political figure. But the people behind the scenes see Norman as a pawn, at this point. He's vulnerable because, on some level, he wants to be a good man. He genuinely loves his family and country.

Moving along, Osborn now runs the lab. He's one of many to attempt to replicate or outdo Erskine. Yadda yadda he hits some set backs, takes some risks, and winds up with enhanced physical abilities, a heightened intellect, and every cluster B disorder you can imagine. He's smarter than Peter but focused entirely on complex revenge schemes and acquiring power. Early on, there'd be a clear distinction between family man Norman and the Goblin. At some point, his chemical imbalance evens out so he's more in control but at the loss of his altruism. He's the Goblin who now enjoys masquerading as Norman and sponsoring other costumed criminals as a nod to his origins.

Movi
    I like that idea. I like it a lot.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like that idea. I like it a lot.
    thank you. I would have done a few more. but it takes so much longer on my phone.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    thank you. I would have done a few more. but it takes so much longer on my phone.
    You're welcome, and I can understand that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I saw the “Revamp a Hero thread but couldn’t find a ”Revamp a Villain”, so here you go.

What villain would you revamp?
    an all new human fly. not rick deacon.