Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    Iron Monger 2099

Who controls Alchemax's Weapon and Conquest Division in the Year 2099

The Man called Brian Sauer a.k.a Iron Monger 2099

Unlike Tony Stark who was and should have been a good man Brian is a man who has is own private little kingdom and uses his genius-level intellect to make Alchemax the soon to be Ruler of the Stars. Unlike Stark he uses Stark Tech and what plundered technology found by to make the world a better place for the best of Humanity with the technology needed of course he will break any one who is up to do the job. He enjoys his plundered slaves and Wealth taken from worlds he is one of the best leaders that Alchemax has and he enjoys it greatly.

Personality
    Sauer is a man who is the best with many victory's underneath his belt he sees himself as a king but unlike Stark keeps his Vices under control he enjoys doing what he does. Unlike Obadiah Stane should a man of Skill score a win that man is employed by Sauer to be part of Alchemax or to join the Weapon and Conquest Division.

In another time he would be a ruler of a vast kingdom but in the year 2099 he is the worst Threat that the Hero's of the Future time will face.

Powers and Ability's
    Sauer has a Genius-level intellect is a very Experienced businessman and Master strategist. He uses a Armored Suit which is a more powerful version of a Iron Man Armour with stuff that Stark would not use.

Themes: The Fate of Marvel Cosmic, Manifest Destiny
    I like this idea. Really hearkens to the growing idea in the real world that corporate-sponsored spaceflight and space travel will just be a springboard for expanding corporate exploitation of this planet to other planets.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

King Panther 2099

Concept
    Wakanda has gone evil after years seeing incompetence in the other African states has chosen to become the ruling power of Africa after Africa downfall. Taken over and rebuilding the land they become the new Roman Empire and have become corrupted seeing themselves as better than everybody else. This new Africa is ruled by the King Panther K'Shamba. Basically Black Panther remade as a villain the worst fears of T'Challa.

Personality
    K'Shamba is the dark master ruler of Africa and of Alchemax Africa after seeing the fall of Africa uses the technology of Wakanda to turn Africa around saving it and all that he asks is nothing but unquestioning loyalty. He is often seen as a dark mirror of T'Challa

Powers and Ability's
    K'Shamba has all the powers and skills of T'Challa

K'Shamba has rigorously trained in acrobatics and hand-to-hand combat. He is skilled in various forms of unarmed combat, with a unique hybrid fighting style that incorporates acrobatics and aspects of animal mimicry and is one of the dangerous men alive.

He is a skilled hunter, tracker, strategist, politician, inventor, and scientist

His suit is an upgraded version of T'Challa’s suit combining many elements of his past suits he also has specialized equipment such as "thrice-blessed Armor" and "light Armor" for specific tasks

Themes: Corruption, Good Becoming Evil, The Elves are not always right.
    Last edited by Dr. No Good; 09-18-2021 at 11:35 PM.

King Panther 2099

Concept
    Wakanda has gone evil after years seeing incompetence in the other African states has chosen to become the ruling power of Africa after Africa downfall. Taken over and rebuilding the land they become the new Roman Empire and have become corrupted seeing themselves as better than everybody else. This new Africa is ruled by the King Panther K'Shamba. Basically Black Panther remade as a villain the worst fears of T'Challa.

Personality
    K'Shamba is the dark ruler master of Africa and of Alchemax Africa after seeing the fall of Africa uses the technology of Wakanda to turn Africa around saving it and all that he asks is nothing but unquestioning loyalty. He is often seen as a dark mirror of T'Challa

Powers and Ability's
    K'Shamba has all the powers and skills of T'Challa

K'Shamba has rigorously trained in acrobatics and hand-to-hand combat. He is skilled in various forms of unarmed combat, with a unique hybrid fighting style that incorporates acrobatics and aspects of animal mimicry and is one of the dangerous men alive.

He is a skilled hunter, tracker, strategist, politician, inventor, and scientist

His suit is an upgraded version of T'Challa’s suit combining many elements of his past suits he also has specialized equipment such as "thrice-blessed Armor" and "light Armor" for specific tasks

Themes: Corruption, Good Becoming Evil, The Elves are not always right.
    An interesting take on Afrofuturism we don't see all that often. What if those who have long been the oppressed . . . instead become the oppressors? Of course, we probably don't see such a take all that often because it feels a lot like it could play to the fears of certain people concerning the rise of historically oppressed and/or marginalized groups in real life. That said, I'm glad you dusted off K'Shamba from Marvel Knights 2099 and gave him actual agency in his villainy rather than making him a brainwashed pawn of Doctor Doom 2099 like the original comic did. On a similar note, I'm thinking there could be an uprising or civil war within the Empire of Wakanda, as a result of one faction wanting to follow the ideals of T'Challa rather than continue on as a corrupt continental empire that echoes the worst of the European colonizers that ravaged Africa centuries before, so K'Shamba would probably have to deal with them before expanding the Empire of Wakanda to the rest of the world.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    An interesting take on Afrofuturism we don't see all that often. What if those who have long been the oppressed . . . instead become the oppressors? Of course, we probably don't see such a take all that often because it feels a lot like it could play to the fears of certain people concerning the rise of historically oppressed and/or marginalized groups in real life. That said, I'm glad you dusted off K'Shamba from Marvel Knights 2099 and gave him actual agency in his villainy rather than making him a brainwashed pawn of Doctor Doom 2099 like the original comic did. On a similar note, I'm thinking there could be an uprising or civil war within the Empire of Wakanda, as a result of one faction wanting to follow the ideals of T'Challa rather than continue on as a corrupt continental empire that echoes the worst of the European colonizers that ravaged Africa centuries before, so K'Shamba would probably have to deal with them before expanding the Empire of Wakanda to the rest of the world.
    There is the space empire of Wakanda but that has taken taken a beating due to conquest attempts but any attempts to fight him would come from them.

There is the space empire of Wakanda but that has taken taken a beating due to conquest attempts but any attempts to fight him would come from them.
    I do have to wonder about their tech base. Wakandan tech is often based on designs that have Vibranium as a key ingredient. How well would they be able to carry that forward if they expand the scale of their civilization while having the same size of a vibranium deposit as a resource?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I do have to wonder about their tech base. Wakandan tech is often based on designs that have Vibranium as a key ingredient. How well would they be able to carry that forward if they expand the scale of their civilization while having the same size of a vibranium deposit as a resource?
    Due to space travel they found more Vibranium Comets and mine them or they have found a way to safely make Vibranium last longer if T'Challa can turn it off they can do other things with it.
    Last edited by Dr. No Good; 09-01-2021 at 11:32 PM.

I like those revamps. Definitely "no good guys here." Speaking of, I figured I'd dust off an old one from the last Revamp a Villain thread.

Carolyn Trainer

With Doctor Octopus still in the wind following his exposure as the Superior Spider-Man, she decides to set herself up as the sole inheritor of his legacy, which means first killing off Luke Carlyle (no one's gonna miss that SOB), then finding a way to get Otto Octavius's attention for a more proper reunion, as it were. To do that, she builds herself a corporate empire by the name of Cirrina Technologies, under the new public name "Celina Handler," and markets her VR technology as an advanced cyberspace network that shapes itself according to the wishes and desires of the people who link their minds into it, filling the gap left behind by the destruction of Tony Stark's Project eScape. Not only does it get her millions of hooked customers willing to sink their money into making sure that they can continue their virtual self-gratification, thanks to her tentacle harness's cyber-link, it doubles as a source of blackmail material on wealthy, powerful, and/or connected individuals who don't want their families, friends, bosses, employees, or even customers and fans seeing what really goes on inside their heads, which adds to her own wealth and power. When not using her VR network for blackmail, she uses it to derive insight into those she can recruit for her legitimate ventures or for her less-aboveboard enterprises, even managing to secretly run a thriving technological black market within the virtual network. She styles herself as a superior futurist to Tony Stark, proclaiming that the future isn't metal, but digital, and thus she will master the digital and control the virtual, becoming the undisputed mistress of technology, and in turn, the real and virtual worlds.

For an updated look, I'm thinking that as "Celina Handler," she dresses professionally and uses her own AR (augmented reality) camo-tech mask, mounted as a high-tech headdress, to disguise her hair and eye color as well as her face, since Carolyn Trainer is still a known criminal. Her tentacle harness has its own wireless VR network and can hack into any and all other computer systems, including the systems that control advanced powered armor in the vein of Iron Man or his spinoffs, and she has her own powered armor into which her harness is integrated, though the armor is designed largely for infiltration and evasion. This means various forms of advanced camouflage (like some octopi), multiple vision augmentation modes, a sensor array woven through the entire suit that triggers warning vibrations whenever someone or something is approaching her outside her immediate field of vision and either activates the suit's camo or the weapons system, an electrostatic field that generates Van der Waals forces to stick to any surface she touches, and neuromuscular amplifiers that boost her reflexes and strength by a factor of over one hundred in the event she has to fight and can't just run or hide. Completing all this is a new villainous name for herself . . .

Cecaelia, inspired by a mythical mermaid-octopus.
    Hmmm wellll.... this does remind me of how her base was part under water in that one story. Revamping the Octopus gimmick for an aquatic powerset is an interesting idea though.

Hmmm wellll.... this does remind me of how her base was part under water in that one story. Revamping the Octopus gimmick for an aquatic powerset is an interesting idea though.
    Thanks. I'm glad you like the idea.

Thanks. I'm glad you like the idea.
    Hehe, I remember some discussion from long ago about "wait if he's called 'Octopus' why doesn't he swim?" hahahaha. Adding diving to Carolyn's skillset kinda makes sense... especially since she can do camouflage and forcefield gimmicks.

I hated Ultimatum whose supposed to be Miles's older alternate evil self. Mostly because I never bought that aspect of him. So I'd just scrap that aspect and make him Aaron's old business partner from when he was a criminal.

Or I'd make him an alternate Miles Morales who took over the Tarantula crime family.

Hehe, I remember some discussion from long ago about "wait if he's called 'Octopus' why doesn't he swim?" hahahaha. Adding diving to Carolyn's skillset kinda makes sense... especially since she can do camouflage and forcefield gimmicks.
    Well that's the thing about about Doc Ock: despite the name, he's really always been written as a creepier take on the concept of a "spider-man" than an octopus. It's something I first noticed in the movies: that Doc Ock looked and moved far more like a Daddy Long Legs spider than like an octopus. Doc Ock vs Spider-Man is basically a creepy daddy long legs spider vs a cute jumping spider.

In many ways, him becoming "the superior spider-man" was simply a logical extension of what he's always been: Spider-Man, but creepier.

Ah, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Well that's the thing about about Doc Ock: despite the name, he's really always been written as a creepier take on the concept of a "spider-man" than an octopus. It's something I first noticed in the movies: that Doc Ock looked and moved far more like a Daddy Long Legs spider than like an octopus. Doc Ock vs Spider-Man is basically a creepy daddy long legs spider vs a cute jumping spider.

In many ways, him becoming "the superior spider-man" was simply a logical extension of what he's always been: Spider-Man, but creepier.
    Makes sense as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I hated Ultimatum whose supposed to be Miles's older alternate evil self. Mostly because I never bought that aspect of him. So I'd just scrap that aspect and make him Aaron's old business partner from when he was a criminal.

Or I'd make him an alternate Miles Morales who took over the Tarantula crime family.
    That could make more sense. Maintain the spider theme and the idea of him as a successor to a spider-motif character, though instead of a hero like Spider-Man, it's a villain like Tarantula.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

Well, this was true in a lot of settings TBH. It's a thought I had a few times in the older Spider-Man cartoons.

Well, this was true in a lot of settings TBH. It's a thought I had a few times in the older Spider-Man cartoons.
    How much older are we talking? 1980s? 1960s? Come to think of it, 1990s was the first to have the idea of pre-tentacles Otto as a mentor and role model for Peter, even though that was in a flashback to Peter's childhood as opposed to Peter meeting and befriending Otto as a young adult like in Spider-Man 2 or Insomniac Games' Spider-Man.

How much older are we talking? 1980s? 1960s? Come to think of it, 1990s was the first to have the idea of pre-tentacles Otto as a mentor and role model for Peter, even though that was in a flashback to Peter's childhood as opposed to Peter meeting and befriending Otto as a young adult like in Spider-Man 2 or Insomniac Games' Spider-Man.
    Hmm? I was talkign about the way Otto moves with the tentacles. It's very spider-llike.