Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 186
  1. #166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I saw the “Revamp a Hero thread but couldn’t find a ”Revamp a Villain”, so here you go.

    What villain would you revamp?
    an all new human fly. not rick deacon.

  2. #167
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like the idea of Doom organizing a team of Latverian heroes, perhaps with an eye towards cherry picking folk he considers marginalized (and ripe for recruitment) from the surrounding area, such as a surviving New Man from nearby Wundagore, or one of the transient Romani people from whom he's descended, in addition to native Latverians. A training academy / boot camp for Latverian mutants seems absolutely on-brand for him, since he'd be unlikely to allow such a resource to go untapped, and the most useful (and loyal...) of whom would also end up on this team. The team might also have supernatural support, in the guise of his 'main apprentice,' one of a half-dozen Latverians with some mystical potential / experience who work under him (as he regards himself as the 'Sorcerer Supreme of Latveria,' and has more or less nationalized the mystic arts and required all other practitioners to report to him!). As for that 'head apprentice,' that could be an interesting place for Jimaine Szardos (formerly Amanda Sefton) to land...
    Yeah, anyone with powers who lives in Latveria works for Doom. Heck I could see Doom intentionally giving some of his citizens powers as a reward for loyalty or whatever. The traditional take of it being just Doombots never really felt right to me since well.... they present Doom as a benevolent dictator. Sure, use of Doombots for military purposes makes sense. They're semi-expendable. But not having ANY people with powers in all of Latveria? nah... doesn't work for me.

  3. #168
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, anyone with powers who lives in Latveria works for Doom. Heck I could see Doom intentionally giving some of his citizens powers as a reward for loyalty or whatever. The traditional take of it being just Doombots never really felt right to me since well.... they present Doom as a benevolent dictator. Sure, use of Doombots for military purposes makes sense. They're semi-expendable. But not having ANY people with powers in all of Latveria? nah... doesn't work for me.
    I don't see Doom handing out powers he doesn't control. Cause, Doom. So he might 'help' Latverian mutants learn to control (weaponize, in the state's interest!) their powers, but also design implants or costumes or cybernetics that allow them to more (usefully) control their powers, but also allow Doom to remotely turn them on or off, as he wishes (so that they can never use them against his interests, or find themselves 'powering up' against their will when he demands their service). Same for anyone he gifts with technology, or empowers with some other means (like gamma or cosmic rays), he'd likely include some sort of control elements in their special uniforms that allow him to suppress (or perhaps even permanently remove!), their powers (or build into the tech of anyone he gives special armor, flight packs or weapons, remote controls that he can use to shut them down, activate against their owners wishes or perhaps even detonate them, killing the wearer!).

  4. #169
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I don't see Doom handing out powers he doesn't control. Cause, Doom. So he might 'help' Latverian mutants learn to control (weaponize, in the state's interest!) their powers, but also design implants or costumes or cybernetics that allow them to more (usefully) control their powers, but also allow Doom to remotely turn them on or off, as he wishes (so that they can never use them against his interests, or find themselves 'powering up' against their will when he demands their service). Same for anyone he gifts with technology, or empowers with some other means (like gamma or cosmic rays), he'd likely include some sort of control elements in their special uniforms that allow him to suppress (or perhaps even permanently remove!), their powers (or build into the tech of anyone he gives special armor, flight packs or weapons, remote controls that he can use to shut them down, activate against their owners wishes or perhaps even detonate them, killing the wearer!).
    See, Doom is a control freak, sure. But, he doesn't really see the citizens of Lateveria as expendable. As part of his "benevolent dictator" thing he once risked his own life to save them from being killed by a rain of necro-toxins by going back in time. Then you have the weird way he treats Valeria as a foster daughter at times... Yeah, control freak, sure, but one who isn't going to intentionally betray the trust of those who are loyal to him.

  5. #170
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    See, Doom is a control freak, sure. But, he doesn't really see the citizens of Lateveria as expendable. As part of his "benevolent dictator" thing he once risked his own life to save them from being killed by a rain of necro-toxins by going back in time. Then you have the weird way he treats Valeria as a foster daughter at times... Yeah, control freak, sure, but one who isn't going to intentionally betray the trust of those who are loyal to him.
    And if you count Doom 2099, the Doom of that era was ironically a freedom fighter against the cyberpunk-styled corporate tyranny that had overtaken so much of the world. After liberating Latveria, he even did the same for the United States, toppling the dominant megacorps and imposing major reforms that reduced their power.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  6. #171
    Starsoul Firehair niconico00's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Earth-811
    Posts
    361

    Default

    I want to see the Serpent Society again, in any shape or form. Maybe as a government-sponsored team of reformed villains.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

  7. #172
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    28

    Default

    My Revamp Tyrone Cash in 616

    Story

    Leonard Williams was a man, a normal man he was a rich man who after years working at at Cambridge University got married to a nice family with a perfect house and a perfect son and daughter. But he was born disabled he relied on the aid of crutches to walk thus he was not seen as perfect by his perfect family a very nasty flaw in the diamond. He was asked to create a super soldier formula this took months and led to a divorce because the wife wanted a more perfect man. Until one day in a unexplainable occurrence, Williams survives after several people are killed - Leonard could not be found. From then on he was considered a missing person. In truth he had made his super soldier formula, faked his death and had transformed into a very powerful being and over the time while he was "missing" he was murdering and pillaging his way through Africa and Asia stealing and buying technology and empowering certain people working both as scientist and fighter becoming Tyrone Cash the most dangerous man in the world.

    Tyrone Cash now resides on a Hidden South American Island living as a ruthless gang lord and the leader of a massive crime ring that sells super weapons and powers to those who can pay now seeing himself as a very perfect rich man.

    Powers
    The super soldier pill has made him as strong and indestructible as the Hulk, but without Banner's post-transformation loss in intelligence and it is permanent. He still uses his science skills to empower those who can pay well. He can also resist psychic control and is not vulnerable to hypnotic attacks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dr. No Good; 07-24-2021 at 05:36 PM.

  8. #173
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    My Revamp Tyrone Cash in 616

    1236628-______ultimate_avengers_2_02005.jpg

    Story

    Leonard Williams was a man, a normal man he was a rich man who after years working at at Cambridge University got married to a nice family with a perfect house and a perfect son and daughter. But he was born disabled he relied on the aid of crutches to walk thus he was not seen as perfect by his perfect family a very nasty flaw in the diamond. He was asked to create a super soldier formula this took months and led to a divorce because the wife wanted a more perfect man. Until one day in a unexplainable occurrence, Williams survives after several people are killed - Leonard could not be found. From then on he was considered a missing person. In truth he had made his super soldier formula, faked his death and had transformed into a very powerful being and over the time while he was "missing" he was murdering and pillaging his way through Africa and Asia stealing and buying technology and empowering certain people working both as scientist and fighter becoming Tyrone Cash the most dangerous man in the world.

    1236621-130_ultimate_comics_avengers_2_4__1_.jpg

    Tyrone Cash now resides on a Hidden South American Island living as a ruthless gang lord and the leader of a massive crime ring that sells super weapons and powers to those who can pay now seeing himself as a very perfect rich man.

    Powers
    The super soldier pill has made him as strong and indestructible as the Hulk, but without Banner's post-transformation loss in intelligence and it is permanent. He still uses his science skills to empower those who can pay well. He can also resist psychic control and is not vulnerable to hypnotic attacks.
    That's a pretty good revamp there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #174
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    923

    Default

    I'm gonna go on a limp and revamp MCU Spider-Man as a 616 villain.

    Premise:
    The 616-verse has changed a lot since Peter Parker first put on the mask, as there are now multiple spider-themed heroes in it that were inspired by the OG Spider-Man. Spider-Man's villains and reactionary groups like HYDRA are obviously pissed about this. They want the OG Spider-Man and the Spider-Family gone so that the trend doesn't continue, but the Green Goblin knows better. He knows there's no going back, so he comes up with an idea: Why not create and groom a Spider-Man from a young age that can be his heir and that can distort the growing Spider-Man brand of the last few years?

    To do this, Norman searches New York for another brilliant nerdy boy of a working-class background. He discovers a teen boy named... he obviously can't be named 'Peter Parker' since this is 616, but he is essentially who Peter was pre-spider bite in terms of personality and life circumstances. Norman then hires the best team of scientists to recreate the incident that gave Peter his powers so that this boy can become a Spider-Man, and next kills his father figure. (As a sidenote, you can say this was the same spider that bit Miles in 616 when Molecule Man rewrote 616's history to include him - that the spider survived for a little longer after he bit this 'new boy' and then bit Miles, an unintended consequence from Norman's POV).

    The events from here are very similar to the Phase 3 events in the MCU, but with a menacing twist on the part of the "mentor". It turns out Norman first introduced himself to this boy back when he was the Iron Patriot, and under a similar premise as MCU Tony (internship). Norman gave the boy a test (recreate the webbing formula that Peter made), which he passed with flying colors. He then offered the boy a chance to become a superhero by making him a suit and giving him access to all of his Oscorp resources. Like in the MCU, Norman became his new father figure and the boy became blindly obedient to him and to his advice due to the early-established nature of their relationship.

    Once the boy is ready to don the mask, he rapidly becomes the most well-known and recognized spider-themed hero in New York besides Peter. This is due to the increased news coverage and positive PR that he low-key gets from Oscorp, two advantages that Miles and the other spider-themed heroes simply don't have. Also like Miles, he goes by 'Spider-Man'. If someone points out this third Spider-Man operates differently and turns a blind eye to guys like Osborn more than the other Spider-Men do, Oscorp's PR campaign can just go "Hey, everyone is putting on a costume and calling themselves Spider-Something these days, whose to say this guy is any less valid?"


    Why it's actually not that crazy of an idea:

    1. It would be a good opportunity to deconstruct recent events like MCU Spider-Man and what it means to be Spider-Man now that there are a gazillion of them.

    2. He would fit as Miles' archenemy.
    2a. He would be Norman's legacy while Miles is Peter's legacy.
    2b. It would force Miles to face his insecurities, since MCU Spider-Man possesses Peter's intellect and a lot of superficial similarities to Peter.
    2ba. Even worse, this Spider-Man has access to resources Peter never had at that age and still doesn't have.
    2c. Since MCU Spider-Man is often accused of stealing from Miles, you can play with this idea too. You can have him eventually transfer to Miles' school and have him try to steal Ganke as a friend or one of the girls that Miles happens to be dating.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 07-28-2021 at 11:02 PM.

  10. #175
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I'm gonna go on a limp and revamp MCU Spider-Man as a 616 villain.

    Premise:
    The 616-verse has changed a lot since Peter Parker first put on the mask, as there are now multiple spider-themed heroes in it that were inspired by the OG Spider-Man. Spider-Man's villains and reactionary groups like HYDRA are obviously pissed about this. They want the OG Spider-Man and the Spider-Family gone so that the trend doesn't continue, but the Green Goblin knows better. He knows there's no going back, so he comes up with an idea: Why not create and groom a Spider-Man from a young age that can be his heir and that can distort the growing Spider-Man brand of the last few years?

    To do this, Norman searches New York for another brilliant nerdy boy of a working-class background. He discovers a teen boy named... he obviously can't be named 'Peter Parker' since this is 616, but he is essentially who Peter was pre-spider bite in terms of personality and life circumstances. Norman then hires the best team of scientists to recreate the incident that gave Peter his powers so that this boy can become a Spider-Man, and next kills his father figure. (As a sidenote, you can say this was the same spider that bit Miles in 616 when Molecule Man rewrote 616's history to include him - that the spider survived for a little longer after he bit this 'new boy' and then bit Miles, an unintended consequence from Norman's POV).

    The events from here are very similar to the Phase 3 events in the MCU, but with a menacing twist on the part of the "mentor". It turns out Norman first introduced himself to this boy back when he was the Iron Patriot, and under a similar premise as MCU Tony (internship). Norman gave the boy a test (recreate the webbing formula that Peter made), which he passed with flying colors. He then offered the boy a chance to become a superhero by making him a suit and giving him access to all of his Oscorp resources. Like in the MCU, Norman became his new father figure and the boy became blindly obedient to him and to his advice due to the early-established nature of their relationship.

    Once the boy is ready to don the mask, he rapidly becomes the most well-known and recognized spider-themed hero in New York besides Peter. This is due to the increased news coverage and positive PR that he low-key gets from Oscorp, two advantages that Miles and the other spider-themed heroes simply don't have. Also like Miles, he goes by 'Spider-Man'. If someone points out this third Spider-Man operates differently and turns a blind eye to guys like Osborn more than the other Spider-Men do, Oscorp's PR campaign can just go "Hey, everyone is putting on a costume and calling themselves Spider-Something these days, whose to say this guy is any less valid?"


    Why it's actually not that crazy of an idea:

    1. It would be a good opportunity to deconstruct recent events like MCU Spider-Man and what it means to be Spider-Man now that there are a gazillion of them.

    2. He would fit as Miles' archenemy.
    2a. He would be Norman's legacy while Miles is Peter's legacy.
    2b. It would force Miles to face his insecurities, since MCU Spider-Man possesses Peter's intellect and a lot of superficial similarities to Peter.
    2ba. Even worse, this Spider-Man has access to resources Peter never had at that age and still doesn't have.
    2c. Since MCU Spider-Man is often accused of stealing from Miles, you can play with this idea too. You can have him eventually transfer to Miles' school and have him try to steal Ganke as a friend or one of the girls that Miles happens to be dating.
    That's actually a pretty solid premise, and you could also add that this "corrupted character copy," to borrow TV Tropes parlance, of MCU Spider-Man has the same penchant for reckless, shortsighted, and thoughtless actions as a "hero" as his canonical counterpart, only he benefits from Oscorp's (or Alchemax's, since this is the present-day MU where anything directly or openly associated with Norman Osborn is still mud despite his recent "cleansing" and attempts at image rehab) PR spin machine always casting a more positive light on those actions, or muddying the waters by bringing up the mistakes and errors and misjudgments made by Peter and/or Miles as Spider-Man. That being said, if you need a name for him that isn't "Peter Parker," how about Patton Parnell, after the sociopathic Spider-Man from Edge of Spider-Verse #4 who eventually mutated into a Spider-Monster?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  11. #176
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,666

    Default

    What if Cottonmouth reformed.

    Really saw him as a tragic figure in the Netflix Luke Cage series...he could have probably been a great musician if those talents have been nurtured...but he was pretty much forced down the path of the family business....

    So...in 616 he gets shot during a criminal endeavor but survives and turns over a new leaf. He goes straight opening the Harlem's Paradise. Gets dental work to give him normal teeth. A lot of people on both sides...cops, criminals, Luke Cage...don't believe he is really reformed and he gets a lot of trouble from all sides. The club is a 'no fly zone'...no criminal activity is tolerated. With the success of the club he becomes something of a local philanthropist.

  12. #177
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    What if Cottonmouth reformed.

    Really saw him as a tragic figure in the Netflix Luke Cage series...he could have probably been a great musician if those talents have been nurtured...but he was pretty much forced down the path of the family business....

    So...in 616 he gets shot during a criminal endeavor but survives and turns over a new leaf. He goes straight opening the Harlem's Paradise. Gets dental work to give him normal teeth. A lot of people on both sides...cops, criminals, Luke Cage...don't believe he is really reformed and he gets a lot of trouble from all sides. The club is a 'no fly zone'...no criminal activity is tolerated. With the success of the club he becomes something of a local philanthropist.
    That would be an interesting take to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  13. #178
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's actually a pretty solid premise, and you could also add that this "corrupted character copy," to borrow TV Tropes parlance, of MCU Spider-Man has the same penchant for reckless, shortsighted, and thoughtless actions as a "hero" as his canonical counterpart, only he benefits from Oscorp's (or Alchemax's, since this is the present-day MU where anything directly or openly associated with Norman Osborn is still mud despite his recent "cleansing" and attempts at image rehab) PR spin machine always casting a more positive light on those actions, or muddying the waters by bringing up the mistakes and errors and misjudgments made by Peter and/or Miles as Spider-Man. That being said, if you need a name for him that isn't "Peter Parker," how about Patton Parnell, after the sociopathic Spider-Man from Edge of Spider-Verse #4 who eventually mutated into a Spider-Monster?
    Good points, and using Alchemax can work too.

    Patton Parnell is a good name and good callback to Edge of Spider-Verse.

    It would also be interesting to see what Jameson's opinion would be in all this, especially if he wouldn't remember anymore by that point that Peter is Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 07-30-2021 at 09:56 AM.

  14. #179
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Good points, and using Alchemax can work too.

    Patton Parnell is a good name and good callback to Edge of Spider-Verse.

    It would also be interesting to see what Jameson's opinion would be in all this, especially if he wouldn't remember anymore by that point that Peter is Spider-Man.
    Thanks, although when did Jameson forget Peter was Spider-Man? Come to think of it, it'd be better if Jonah still remembered, because Threats and Menaces competing against Oscorp's (or Alchemax's) PR machine using "their" respective Spider-Men as proxies would be an incredible opportunity for compare and contrast between them as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  15. #180
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Iron Monger 2099

    Who controls Alchemax's Weapon and Conquest Division in the Year 2099

    The Man called Brian Sauer a.k.a Iron Monger 2099

    Unlike Tony Stark who was and should have been a good man Brian is a man who has is own private little kingdom and uses his genius-level intellect to make Alchemax the soon to be Ruler of the Stars. Unlike Stark he uses Stark Tech and what plundered technology found by to make the world a better place for the best of Humanity with the technology needed of course he will break any one who is up to do the job. He enjoys his plundered slaves and Wealth taken from worlds he is one of the best leaders that Alchemax has and he enjoys it greatly.

    Personality
    Sauer is a man who is the best with many victory's underneath his belt he sees himself as a king but unlike Stark keeps his Vices under control he enjoys doing what he does. Unlike Obadiah Stane should a man of Skill score a win that man is employed by Sauer to be part of Alchemax or to join the Weapon and Conquest Division.

    In another time he would be a ruler of a vast kingdom but in the year 2099 he is the worst Threat that the Hero's of the Future time will face.

    Powers and Ability's
    Sauer has a Genius-level intellect is a very Experienced businessman and Master strategist. He uses a Armored Suit which is a more powerful version of a Iron Man Armour with stuff that Stark would not use.

    Themes: The Fate of Marvel Cosmic, Manifest Destiny

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •