Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Deathlok Program
    Joint project between Karl Malus and Mister Hyde, the Deathlok Program would serve as the Roxxon Corporations under the table mercenary force. The program itself would focus on the creation of cybernetic super soldiers, using previous iterations as the template for their creation while expanding on the process to make more versatile bio-weapons. Initially the project would follow the same pattern to produce standard Deathlok’s by way of illegal experimentation via criminals, homeless, and the recently deceased, with later models coming from more advanced stock and further enhanced by way of various treatments developed by Malus & Hyde. Similarly, in addition to more enhanced armaments and abilities, later models would come in a variety of different forms and templates determined by a particular function. This in turn would lead into the gradual induction of animals into the program along with whatever superpowered individuals (mutants, inhumans, aliens, etc.) the program could acquire and/or create. Additionally as the process is further refined and improved upon, Deathlok’s produced later down the line would gradually cease exhibiting the same physical degradation present in earlier models resulting in later models capable of passing as completely human. Would be a good way to bring back deceased characters from across the board after a fashion, with series/events like Avengers Arena, Death of X, Death of Inhumans, Decimation, etc. providing ample sources of raw material for Roxxon to use.

On something of a side note I would retcon it that following his death at the hands of Daken during Dark Reign, Roxxon managed to get their hands on the body of Frank Castle and use him for their initial foray into the program to what could be seen as varying degrees of success (and perhaps a cautionary tale).

Inhuman Royal Family Skrull
    Given the powerset this one had I feel like he should have last much longer than he did as he could have been a credible threat with Blackbolt’s powers alone, let alone the rest of the Inhuman Royal Family. Granted I probably would have substituted either Medusa or Triton’s powers for Crystal but aside from that we’re talking about someone with a pretty wicked powerset that could have served as a major player both during Secret Invasion and after the event concluded. But seriously don’t know how this guy was just an afterthought and not a more credible threat given his powerset.

Frightful Four (Doom Squad)
    Concept: Latverian enforcers in charge of Latveria’s protection in the event of Doombots failure to prevent invasion; unofficial “superhero” team

Kristoff Vernard
    - [either wear costume from MC2 A-Next timeline or Doom-Stark Tech power armor variation]

Doombot (unique)
    - [abilities of all various Doombots + Vision + Ultron + Destroyer + Starktech]
    - Doom would have a unique Doombot constructed specifically for the purpose of assisting Kristoff and monitoring the remaining members of the Doom Squad; like all previous models Doombot’s programing would be based off Victor Von Doom’s brain patterns with the exception of possessing a slightly more advanced artificial intelligence designed to mirror Doom’s mental pattern more closely than its predecessors, allowing for more independent thinking and limited degree of independence from the standard programming. Though it would possess the ability to learn and grow intellectually the system behind Doombots AI would prevent it from ever matching or exceeding the abilities of its creator, this would also include a number of failsafe’s to prevent it from learning ways to bypass its base programming and undo cognitive blocks to prevent the development of its mind.
    - While basic design would follow previous models to a degree Doom would incorporate elements of other robots from across the marvel universe into Doombots design, including early schematics for Ultron and the Destroyer to contribute to machines strength and durability. Doombot itself would be constructed of the same adamantine-vibranium alloy used to construct Ultron and Captain America’s shield [Destroyers resistance to magic]
    - In addition to the standard abilities of previous models Doombot would possess numerous abilities from each of the different series of Doombots built throughout the years, additionally the inclusion of various schematics from Ultron and Vision would have the added benefit of Doombot harboring key weapons and abilities indicative of both characters such as density manipulation [Destroyers energy blast]. Inclusion of repulsor technology would serve to both power Doombot as well as provide a number of offensive and defensive abilities reminiscent of the Iron Man armor.

Lucia Von Bardas
    - [released from prison and placed on Squad in exchange for amnesty from past crimes; would be given bomb implant to ensure loyalty to both Doom and Latveria while under the command of Kristoff; armor and weapons would be upgraded]
    - Loyalty would be ensured through explosive nanites implants within her body and cybernetic components

Dreadknight (Bram Velsing)
    - [released from prison and placed on Squad in exchange for amnesty from past crimes; would be given bomb implant to ensure loyalty to both Doom and Latveria while under the command of Kristoff; armor and weapons would be upgraded; potentially make the gradual conversion into mystic themed character as things progress]
    - Like Lucia, Bram’s loyalty to the squad would be ensured by way of explosive nanites implanted in his body while imprisoned
    Last edited by Draegwolf; 06-24-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Those are all pretty cool revamps, though I especially like your take on Deathlok, and it might be cool to have the Frightful Four as Doctor Doom's answer to the Fantastic Four.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Those are all pretty cool revamps, though I especially like your take on Deathlok, and it might be cool to have the Frightful Four as Doctor Doom's answer to the Fantastic Four.
    Thanks. I might come back and revisit these a little more later, don't feel like I covered everything I could/would do with most of these concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Thanks. I might come back and revisit these a little more later, don't feel like I covered everything I could/would do with most of these concepts.
    You're welcome, and that's cool. Looking forward to that revisit whenever you get the chance.

For the Netflix shows I would've made the Owl an Inhuman. It just felt like a cool way to tie into the larger MCU. But i guess there's always Leap Frog if people are uninterested.

I like the idea of Stunt Master joining Dogs of Hell to survive prison.

As a joke answer, Mr Fish as an atlantean who wants to take over Harlem.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-25-2020 at 08:03 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    For the Netflix shows I would've made the Owl an Inhuman. It just felt like a cool way to tie into the larger MCU.
    I personally liked how they presented the Owl in the Daredevil Netflix series, but I do think you're onto something. It really wouldn't be all that difficult for Marvel to go back and retcon him into either an Inhuman or Nuhuman, we know he underwent multiple medical procedures to get the powers he currently has but to my knowledge we don't know exactly what those procedures were. If they wanted to a page out of Blizzard and make him into a Nuhuman, whatever powers he manifest from terrigenesis could either compliment whatever abilities he already has or something unexpected that offers him more options.

I personally liked how they presented the Owl in the Daredevil Netflix series, but I do think you're onto something. It really wouldn't be all that difficult for Marvel to go back and retcon him into either an Inhuman or Nuhuman, we know he underwent multiple medical procedures to get the powers he currently has but to my knowledge we don't know exactly what those procedures were. If they wanted to a page out of Blizzard and make him into a Nuhuman, whatever powers he manifest from terrigenesis could either compliment whatever abilities he already has or something unexpected that offers him more options.
    In the show Leland isn't the Owl himself but his father. In the IGN spoilercast for season 1 showrunner Steven deKnight clarified that. He talked about reading that the Owl had a lawyer or accountant as a father and he incorporated that into the show. Hence why Leland mentions his son Lee a lot. My guess he was set up as a future antagonist in a potential future season.

Incredible Member

Frightful Four 2099
    - team made up of deranged clones of the (original) Fantastic Four
    - think Clive Barker body horror meets Team Impossible from The Venture Bros,
    - Human Torch suffering from extensive burns as the result of his own powers, with him unable to feel physical sensation from having burned away his nerves
    - Mr. Fantastic unable to maintain constant control of over his body, necessitating him to require the use of a special suit/harness to maintain his body’s consistency in order to properly function
    - Thing resembling more of a rock-like callous that leaves him in a constant state of pain
    - Invisible Woman’s default state having translucent skin, giving her a flayed appearance and leaving her completely exposed to the hazards of UV radiation without protection

Chemistro. I would make him a mutant with the power to pull any reosource from the periodic table and mix them for various effects so sort of a chemical reaction, so sort of a low level elemental but with strong effects depending on what he mixes. It will also make him studied as he has to know what compositions he is putting together. He feels compelled to mix different combinations so it's always starting something.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Frightful Four (Doom Squad)
    Concept: Latverian enforcers in charge of Latveria’s protection in the event of Doombots failure to prevent invasion; unofficial “superhero” team
    I like the idea of Doom organizing a team of Latverian heroes, perhaps with an eye towards cherry picking folk he considers marginalized (and ripe for recruitment) from the surrounding area, such as a surviving New Man from nearby Wundagore, or one of the transient Romani people from whom he's descended, in addition to native Latverians. A training academy / boot camp for Latverian mutants seems absolutely on-brand for him, since he'd be unlikely to allow such a resource to go untapped, and the most useful (and loyal...) of whom would also end up on this team. The team might also have supernatural support, in the guise of his 'main apprentice,' one of a half-dozen Latverians with some mystical potential / experience who work under him (as he regards himself as the 'Sorcerer Supreme of Latveria,' and has more or less nationalized the mystic arts and required all other practitioners to report to him!). As for that 'head apprentice,' that could be an interesting place for Jimaine Szardos (formerly Amanda Sefton) to land...

Spectacular Member

Frightful Four 2099
    - Human Torch suffering from extensive burns as the result of his own powers, with him unable to feel physical sensation from having burned away his nerves
    - Mr. Fantastic unable to maintain constant control of over his body, necessitating him to require the use of a special suit/harness to maintain his body’s consistency in order to properly function
    - Thing resembling more of a rock-like callous that leaves him in a constant state of pain
    - Invisible Woman’s default state having translucent skin, giving her a flayed appearance and leaving her completely exposed to the hazards of UV radiation without protection
    The FF lend themselves really easily to a body horror interpretation, I like this take!

Frightful Four 2099
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    The FF lend themselves really easily to a body horror interpretation, I like this take!
    That was more-or-less what the 2015 movie tried to do. Emphasis on "tried." That said, I do like this idea of the Frightful Four 2099 . . . and come to think of it, they could even work as a "Psycho Prototype," in TV Tropes parlance, for a more successful recreation of the original Fantastic Four.

Mighty Member

A strange one, but I'd follow up on Turk Barrett's use of the mind gem during infinity wars.
    He becomes the new Kingpin of crime. With the Kingpin being mayor, there's a new opening.

On the DC side of things, I'll turn Snowflame into a Batman villain where he overdoses and dies

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like the idea of Doom organizing a team of Latverian heroes, perhaps with an eye towards cherry picking folk he considers marginalized (and ripe for recruitment) from the surrounding area, such as a surviving New Man from nearby Wundagore, or one of the transient Romani people from whom he's descended, in addition to native Latverians. A training academy / boot camp for Latverian mutants seems absolutely on-brand for him, since he'd be unlikely to allow such a resource to go untapped, and the most useful (and loyal...) of whom would also end up on this team. The team might also have supernatural support, in the guise of his 'main apprentice,' one of a half-dozen Latverians with some mystical potential / experience who work under him (as he regards himself as the 'Sorcerer Supreme of Latveria,' and has more or less nationalized the mystic arts and required all other practitioners to report to him!). As for that 'head apprentice,' that could be an interesting place for Jimaine Szardos (formerly Amanda Sefton) to land...
    As much as I used to like the original Frightful Four, they've not been very potent for a long time. Medusa was a good component back in the day but that didn't last long. There have been many iterations but none seemed to take. Sandman and Trapster are long past their prime. They haven't not really considered all that menacing for a long time and were replaced. It's almost like the team should be called the leftovers since it's had many replacements over the years. The She Thing Sharon Ventura, the Wizard's daughter (whatever happened to her?) , the Beetle, Blastaar, Thundra, Electro etc. would be part of a revolving door of members.

Marvel would do well to consider something like your idea for new rivals/enemies of the Fantastic Four. Perhaps somehow it would not be apparent that they are Latverian so that the connection could not be made to Doom.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-13-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Marvel would do well to consider something like your idea for new rivals/enemies of the Fantastic Four. Perhaps somehow it would not be apparent that they are Latverian so that the connection could not be made to Doom.
    The Mandarin's another ur-baddie that I could see sponsoring some heroes, both local and overseas, much like the Swordsman, powered by a combination of science and sorcery and martial arts and tech, a nice mix, and with the assignment to do traditional hero work. He can steer them away from his own business interests, and heck, they might, in the course of hero-ing, put a serious dent in some of his competitors! At least a few of them might think they are 'infiltrating the heroes' like the Swordsman was infiltrating the Avengers on the Mandarin's behalf, but his plan is far longer-term than that. They are *never* intended to betray the heroes they work with, but to become legit heroes themselves, as part of a PR makeover for his image (while he personally remains hip-deep in sketchy underworld dealings, his 'face' men burnish his reputation, while punishing his underworld rivals!).

Sort of a NetflixDaredevil Kingpin move, embracing the appearance of legitimacy, while still keeping an iron grip on the crime scene.

Meanwhile, there's some new heroes, at least some of which questioning what happens on that day when they finally do find themselves smack up against one of the bosses shadier activities and forced to choose whether or not to *be* heroes, or just continue playing the part?