Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm? I was talkign about the way Otto moves with the tentacles. It's very spider-llike.
    Hmm, yeah. That is a good point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'd probably have MCU Scarlet Centurion be an older variant of Riri Williams. People complained about her being ******* and a wannabe villian under Bendis. I didn't see it when I read it but I'm more a flawed hero kind a guy. So giving Riri an alternate universe version that could be evil is fun to me. I would've just made her Kang but they already casted Johnathon Majors. If anything he could be her evil mentor and that's how Scarlet Centurion is created.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-05-2022 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd probably have MCU Scarlet Centurion be an older variant of Riri Williams. People complained about her being ******* and a wannabe villian under Bendis. I didn't see it when I read it but I'm more a flawed hero kind a guy. So giving Riri an alternate universe version that could be evil is fun to me. I would've just made her Kang but they already casted Johnathon Majors. If anything he could be her evil mentor and that's how Scarlet Centurion is created.
    Makes sense to me. Funny enough, heroines turning into variants of Kang the Conqueror . . . that was done at least once, with Ultimate Kang turning out to be a future variant of Susan Storm who was partially the impetus for Ultimate Reed Richards breaking bad and becoming The Maker. As for the whole shadow archetype/evil counterpart idea with Riri, I do like that, overall.

The Champion of the Universe

This guy is supposed to have dedicated his life to battle, and yet he is mostly portrayed as a brick who just overpowers his opponents.
    He should be the Son Goku (not the idiot Goku from DBS) of the Marvel Universe.
    It is said that it's better to be the best in one single martial art than to master hundreds of martial arts. But this guy is billion years old and he is obsessed with battle. If there is one character who could and should be the absolute best in hundreds of martial arts, it's him.

I would like stories that showcase his skills. Even without his superior stats, he should be able to easily defat Shang Chi and Gamora before breakfast.

I'd also probably make him more honorable. Not heroic, but not a "the ends justify the means" type like most Elders. He realised that after he got the power stone, he let himself go and just stopped trying. He got bored like Saitama in One Punch Man.
    But after being defeated several times those last years, he decided to go back to being a true martial artist and a true champion. Maybe he would seal his power primordial for a while and go on a journey.
    He could be either the MC or the main antagonist of a Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu series.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The Champion of the Universe

This guy is supposed to have dedicated his life to battle, and yet he is mostly portrayed as a brick who just overpowers his opponents.
    He should be the Son Goku (not the idiot Goku from DBS) of the Marvel Universe.
    It is said that it's better to be the best in one single martial art than to master hundreds of martial arts. But this guy is billion years old and he is obsessed with battle. If there is one character who could and should be the absolute best in hundreds of martial arts, it's him.

I would like stories that showcase his skills. Even without his superior stats, he should be able to easily defat Shang Chi and Gamora before breakfast.

I'd also probably make him more honorable. Not heroic, but not a "the ends justify the means" type like most Elders. He realised that after he got the power stone, he let himself go and just stopped trying. He got bored like Saitama in One Punch Man.
    But after being defeated several times those last years, he decided to go back to being a true martial artist and a true champion. Maybe he would seal his power primordial for a while and go on a journey.
    He could be either the MC or the main antagonist of a Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu series.
    That's a great idea. Seriously, it is. It would also make for a great "martial arts anime/manga meets Marvel Universe" kind of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a great idea. Seriously, it is. It would also make for a great "martial arts anime/manga meets Marvel Universe" kind of story.
    I don't think it changes the character much either. Which is good. It's best not to radically re-invent characters otherwise... why not make a new one?

I'll repeat my idea from the Taskmaster thread here... this could probably occur over the course of a 4 to 6 issue story, I figure:

In essence, he decides it's time to up his game... obtains/finds/steals a handful of tech (Ghost tech, Pym Particles, Endosym nanotech/blueprints, the currently-mia Makluan rings)... gets someone like MODOK or Tinkerer to incorporate the tech into a new suit for him...

once he has this new suit ready, he starts using the new stealth abilities to spy on/record different mystic characters, recording footage and using it to learn their hand movements and words (via lip-reading), which soon enables him to perform some spells and whatnot...

this all builds to him confronting - and pretty much laying waste to - the current Avengers lineup... during the battle, he unleashes some pretty nasty spells backed by some pretty serious entities and, tho he's oblivious to this factor, he doesn't quite put all of these "genies" back in their respective bottles

the series would end with some pretty powerful folks all monitoring the above battle, thru various means: the Sorcerer Supreme of the moment; Dr. Doom; whoever is guarding the Bi-Frost in Asgard; Dormammu; Mephisto; someone from SHIELD... some other high-level power-broker types... all of them now considering him a potential threat and/or asset (depending on their own agendas), where he was previously beneath their concern or not on their radar at all... each "viewer" taking an interest in the proceedings for different reasons... leaving a few threads dangling for whoever wanted to pick up on them next
    Last edited by Aarkus; 01-06-2022 at 10:10 PM.

I don't think it changes the character much either. Which is good. It's best not to radically re-invent characters otherwise... why not make a new one?
    Generally, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    I'll repeat my idea from the Taskmaster thread here... this could probably occur over the course of a 4 to 6 issue story, I figure:

In essence, he decides it's time to up his game... obtains/finds/steals a handful of tech (Ghost tech, Pym Particles, Endosym nanotech/blueprints, the currently-mia Makluan rings)... gets someone like MODOK or Tinkerer to incorporate the tech into a new suit for him...

once he has this new suit ready, he starts using the new stealth abilities to spy on/record different mystic characters, recording footage and using it to learn their hand movements and words (via lip-reading), which soon enables him to perform some spells and whatnot...

this all builds to him confronting - and pretty much laying waste to - the current Avengers lineup... during the battle, he unleashes some pretty nasty spells backed by some pretty serious entities and, tho he's oblivious to this factor, he doesn't quite put all of these "genies" back in their respective bottles

the series would end with some pretty powerful folks all monitoring the above battle, thru various means: the Sorcerer Supreme of the moment; Dr. Doom; whoever is guarding the Bi-Frost in Asgard; Dormammu; Mephisto; someone from SHIELD... some other high-level power-broker types... all of them now considering him a potential threat and/or asset (depending on their own agendas), where he was previously beneath their concern or not on their radar at all... each "viewer" taking an interest in the proceedings for different reasons... leaving a few threads dangling for whoever wanted to pick up on them next
    A new Taskmaster mini setting him up as a bigger player in the Marvel Universe, particularly with your idea as the setup . . . could be something great.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A new Taskmaster mini setting him up as a bigger player in the Marvel Universe, particularly with your idea as the setup . . . could be something great.
    thanks, I agree... I mean, one would figure by now, the guy has to have reached a plateau in terms of: how many more fighting styles are even left for him to copy?

he's also always had to carry traditional weapons, so the nanotech/endosym in the new suit would be a lot more efficient, in terms of just "manifesting" them as needed. and once you're on that path, why not add some more toys to the package, and really take things up a few notches

one could even use Echo as his motivator for all this... she's perhaps his only equal with the photographic reflex/memory thing, and seeing her as the Phoenix at this point could make him question why he's still "settling" for fists and weapons after all this time
    Last edited by Aarkus; 01-07-2022 at 10:09 PM.

thanks, I agree... I mean, one would figure by now, the guy has to have reached a plateau in terms of: how many more fighting styles are even left for him to copy?

he's also always had to carry traditional weapons, so the nanotech/endosym in the new suit would be a lot more efficient, in terms of just "manifesting" them as needed. and once you're on that path, why not add some more toys to the package, and really take things up a few notches

one could even use Echo as his motivator for all this... she's perhaps his only equal with the photographic reflex/memory thing, and seeing her as the Phoenix at this point could make him question why he's still "settling" for fists and weapons after all this time
    Doesn't Tasky have a daughter? ohyeah: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jeann...lt_(Earth-616)
    that could make it even more fun.

I don't really understand the desire to power him up. My favorite take on him was the Udon version, where he was a street-level underdog doing street-level underdog stuff. I thought he was immensely entertaining at that level.

Doesn't Tasky have a daughter? ohyeah: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jeann...lt_(Earth-616)
    Hmm, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't really understand the desire to power him up. My favorite take on him was the Udon version, where he was a street-level underdog doing street-level underdog stuff. I thought he was immensely entertaining at that level.
    Speaking of the UDON version, I still wish he'd been able to keep the costume design there. That was a pretty cool update, and I appreciated seeing it again in the DLC for Marvel vs. Capcom 3, given that UDON also did work for Capcom on comic adaptations of its video games.

Sonyverse Kraven hunts down Totems who are people with animalistic powers. It's an extension of what he does with Spider-man and helps set up a series pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I'm not necessarily saying it would have to be permanent... but putting oneself in the character's shoes, I'm just imagining him getting fed up with operating at that level after a while. giving him a power boost could be temporary, with the end result being "tried it, not for me" and eventually settling back into his prior status quo. even if not powering him up to the extent I suggested; giving him some extra nanotech, to replicate weapons and get rid of the need for him to carry them on his person, would still seem like a practical upgrade at this point. seems to me the UDON outfit would lend itself well to that idea...

oh right, I forgot about her. hmm... it could work out instead that Taskmaster decides to get the upgrades together, not for himself, but for Finesse. motive is simple: he wants his kid to reach greater heights than he did. anyone who's a parent could easily relate to that notion, I figure. plus, this angle would give him a bit more depth as a character. explore their relationship in more depth, while dad takes it upon himself to train kiddo in using the upgrades... good thinking!
    Last edited by Aarkus; 01-11-2022 at 01:11 PM.