Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Without his mutant power, none of that possible. That's the difference between Forge to Magneto/Sinister/Dark Beast.
    I don't think that his mutant power would then help him build something new from scratch like the X-men's jets and all as I don't think that there were exactly blueprints for that kind of plane lying around...so he would have had to make it all himself, and to do that a person would have to be pretty smart...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that his mutant power would then help him build something new from scratch like the X-men's jets and all as I don't think that there were exactly blueprints for that kind of plane lying around...so he would have had to make it all himself, and to do that a person would have to be pretty smart...
    Sure but his mutant power is why he was able to understand those blueprints. He's not self made.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Obviously the villains tend to be better in everything because they do not play well as a team.
    Even when they had Magneto and Doom on the X men and FF, they still found Kitty Pryde light years away after everyone left her to die.

Kitty, probably.

Sure but his mutant power is why he was able to understand those blueprints. He's not self made.
    His power doesn't work like that his subconscious can intuitively figure out the steps need to build to things. Forge can build stuff without knowing what they do.

Forge takes stuff apart and learns what they do after he makes them for the things he does not understand. The simple way of explain it is if Forge was born in prehistoric times , He could intuitively make a cell phone or microwave and then he would have no clue what they are. For Forge powers to mean anything he has to be able to understand what his inventions do and he has the intelligence level to break down device that he made with powers and understand them. Forge has shown he is able to reverse engineer complicated devices and understand what they do. Forge is very much "self made" his mutant power doesn't give him to power to understand or else he would easily be the smartest person in the X-men. Forge is not Tony Stark smart but Forge is smart enough to take apart time machine from Tony Stark and tell you it is a time machine and how it works.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    His power doesn't work like that his subconscious can intuitively figure out the steps need to build to things. Forge can build stuff without knowing what they do.

Forge takes stuff apart and learns what they do after he makes them for the things he does not understand. The simple way of explain it is if Forge was born in prehistoric times , He could intuitively make a cell phone or microwave and then he would have no clue what they are. For Forge powers to mean anything he has to be able to understand what his inventions do and he has the intelligence level to break down device that he made with powers and understand them. Forge has shown he is able to reverse engineer complicated devices and understand what they do. Forge is very much "self made" his mutant power doesn't give him to power to understand or else he would easily be the smartest person in the X-men. Forge is not Tony Stark smart but Forge is smart enough to take apart time machine from Tony Stark and tell you it is a time machine and how it works.
    Negative.
    This power allows him to instinctively recognize the potential and functional uses of any machine or technological device in his visual range, a skill that combined with his natural intelligence gives him the ability to conceive, design and build highly advanced mechanical devices; and operate, modify and disassemble existing technology or create countermeasures for it. Forge's superhuman talent for invention does not mean that he is of a superhuman intellect, even a genius at invention must for the most part consciously work out the theoretical principles behind the invention and then the design of the invention itself through a series of logical steps. In Forge's case, however, many of these logical steps are worked out by his subconsciousmind. Hence, Forge himself might not be entirely aware of exactly how he figured out how to create an invention of his. Sometimes, he must disassemble a device he has made to even figure out how it works
    That's someone with alot of help..not a real genius like Black Panther, Sinister, Reed, Von Doom, Valeria, etc.

You realize it said what I said right? Anyways here is what you need to read again

. In Forge's case, however, many of these logical steps are worked out by his subconscious mind. Hence, Forge himself might not be entirely aware of exactly how he figured out how to create an invention of his. Sometimes, he must disassemble a device he has made to even figure out how it works
    Lastly, I said this

Forge is not Tony Stark smart but Forge is smart enough to take apart time machine from Tony Stark and tell you it is a time machine and how it works.
    Forge is independently smart, His powers let him skip the brainstorming phase and trial phase of a project and go right to the finished project. His actual intelligence lets him know what he has built and how to implement into things and if he can't figure out what he innately build. He takes it apart and uses his intelligence to understand what it is he made. Forge has made time machines via his power then break them down and re-engineer to understand how they work. Forge isn't Tony Stark smart but he is smart enough to understand how very complicated things are built and work.

If its just X-Men, then their smartest members are:

1) Magneto (Even without formal advance education he build futuristic buildings like Asteroid M and the sub-terrestrial volcano base, and created the mutates and with alien tech he created Alpha the Ultimate Mutant.
    2) Beast
    3) Dr. Nemesis
    4) Prodigy
    5) Broo
    6) Professor X
    7) Dr. Rao
    8 ) Forge (if Sage count than so should he. His mutant powers are much a part of him as breathing.)
    9) Kitty
    10) Cypher
    11) Sage
    12) Madison Jeffries
    13) Emma Frost (Not trying to take her early technical creations away, but has she created anything since joining the angel? I think she telepathically stole somebody's )
    14) Dr Cecilia Reyes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You realize it said what I said right? Anyways here is what you need to read again

Lastly, I said this

Forge is independently smart, His powers let him skip the brainstorming phase and trial phase of a project and go right to the finished project. His actual intelligence lets him know what he has built and how to implement into things and if he can't figure out what he innately build. He takes it apart and uses his intelligence to understand what it is he made. Forge has made time machines via his power then break them down and re-engineer to understand how they work. Forge isn't Tony Stark smart but he is smart enough to understand how very complicated things are built and work.
    It dont matter what you said..the fact of the matter is...his accomplishments and intelligence come from his powers...

It dont matter what you said..the fact of the matter is...his accomplishments and intelligence come from his powers...
    So what? If someone were to make a thread of the strongest X-men, I dont think anyone would discredit Beast, Warpath, Colossus or Rogue just bc their strength comes from their powers. In that scenario would we only count the likes of Cable, Wolverine or Bishop, whom might be able to win an arm wrestle contest without powers? I think not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So what? If someone were to make a thread of the strongest X-men, I dont think anyone would discredit Beast, Warpath, Colossus or Rogue just bc their strength comes from their powers. In that scenario would we only count the likes of Cable, Wolverine or Bishop, whom might be able to win an arm wrestle contest without powers? I think not.
    Of course they wouldnt be discredited. But I personally can't rank Forge on Beast/Dark Beast level. Why? His powers make him possible to be effective.

Of course they wouldnt be discredited. But I personally can't rank Forge on Beast/Dark Beast level. Why? His powers make him possible to be effective.
    And without her powers, Rogue gets ragdolled by just about everyone. That was Havok's point.

Ultimate Member

My point was that there were NO blueprints for the X-men's blackbirds and such that Forge built for them, he built them from scratch, he can conceive of almost anything and then build it and understand how any device works, even if it's from the future or alien, and then he can take the next step and adapt it to work for him...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    And without her powers, Rogue gets ragdolled by just about everyone. That was Havok's point.
    But her intelligence is her own..its not X gene related. Now if we ranking based on mutant powers increasing intelligence, sure..Forge and the telepaths top the list but we arent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    My point was that there were NO blueprints for the X-men's blackbirds and such that Forge built for them, he built them from scratch, he can conceive of almost anything and then build it and understand how any device works, even if it's from the future or alien, and then he can take the next step and adapt it to work for him...
    Yes..thanks to his powers..without them, he's nothing.