Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Still trying to make Stinger happen, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    Most inconsistent character design this year? ;P

I wish she ditched the helmet more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's necessary for one of her powers. Can't control ants and wasps without it. That's the reason lacking one prompted her to be Stature instead of Ant-Girl back in Young Avengers.
    And unless they have shown otherwise and I missed it...her wings are part of the suit...not her.

Maybe they just want to reverse her back to Stature with just growing and shrinking.

Correct about the wings, but now that she's friends with Nadia it's easy for her to get new wings if she switches costumes or they get trashed. Likewise, if she gets caught out and isn't wearing her Stinger equipment, Cassie still has her Stature abilities as a backup - the size changing is innate, unlike the rest of her powers. That's the reason she only used the Stature powers in both Unstoppable Wasp #7 and Marvel #1000, and why she lacked the helmet in Giant-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I like the new helmet, it's cute. And the purple lines help make it more distinctive

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I like the new helmet, it's cute. And the purple lines help make it more distinctive
    It makes her look more like her dad, to be honest.

It's necessary for one of her powers. Can't control ants and wasps without it. That's the reason lacking one prompted her to be Stature instead of Ant-Girl back in Young Avengers.
    I understand the story reasons behind I just don't dig the look. It makes all the pym family look too homogeneous and Cassie's design less distinctive. They could find another way for her to communicate with ants other than a helmet. I thought her look in Giant-Man was a nice tradeoff between Stature and Stinger.

I wonder if they could use the Pym particles to miniaturise the tech, so that it can fit into a domino mask? She wore one as Stature, but that mask was just a mask (and didn't hide her identity very well, her mother recognised her from her hair - perhaps that's another reason for the helmet?).

Her look in Giant-Man was just Stinger without the helmet. She had to leave the helmet behind when she went undercover because it would've given away her identity.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

This really might be my new favorite ever comic book cover and her costume is awesome.

Are there any other father-daughter team ups in Marvel? I think it is a great dynamic for a story.
    Baby Thanos

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    I understand the story reasons behind I just don't dig the look. It makes all the pym family look too homogeneous and Cassie's design less distinctive. They could find another way for her to communicate with ants other than a helmet. I thought her look in Giant-Man was a nice tradeoff between Stature and Stinger.
    I wonder if they could use the Pym particles to miniaturise the tech, so that it can fit into a domino mask? She wore one as Stature, but that mask was just a mask (and didn't hide her identity very well, her mother recognised her from her hair - perhaps that's another reason for the helmet?).

Her look in Giant-Man was just Stinger without the helmet. She had to leave the helmet behind when she went undercover because it would've given away her identity.
    I think the helmet depends on the artist. Cassie's helmet on the cover of the new volume looks less bulky. Kind of OG Yellowjacket vs Ant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    This really might be my new favorite ever comic book cover and her costume is awesome.

Are there any other father-daughter team ups in Marvel? I think it is a great dynamic for a story.
    We don't see Logan and Laura together as often as we should, and Hank doesn't even know Nadia exists. X-Men #2 will have an example of this though - Cyclops with Cable and Prestige.

Nice to see Stature .

Extraordinary Member

Well...apparently it is a 5 issue limited series...
    https://www.newsarama.com/47955-marv...o689Qa0BGN6DRI

Oh cool they're fighting Swarm?

I'm really not digging Cassie's new costume...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really not digging Cassie's new costume...
    I feel the same way. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It's kinda 'meh' to me.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!