Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Yessss, she's read Young Avengers! We love a queen who's doing her homework!

I've found my people! :P

Don't think I saw this posted here but Cassie shows up in the last issue of the WotR Giant-Man series.

Capture1.jpg
    Last edited by Stature; 07-17-2019 at 04:31 PM.

I'm surprised that Cassie was able to grow her wings that big, usually when Janet goes giant, or even human sized, her wings disappear

I guess it's because the wings are technological and part of her costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm surprised that Cassie was able to grow her wings that big, usually when Janet goes giant, or even human sized, her wings disappear

Well, maybe they kept it so visually she wouldn't just look like a purple Stature.

(Who wants to bet she becomes Stature again in the comics for eventual movie synergy ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

something something pym particles

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

(Who wants to bet she becomes Stature again in the comics for eventual movie synergy ?)
    Considering the fact that the first two times Cassie has shown up in a while she has only turned big and has reverted back to her old suit (expect for the fact that it's purple and has wasp wings), I think they definitely are slowly reverting back to her Stature persona. I was never huge on her Stinger look so I'm quite happy with the direction it's going.

cassie.jpg

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Well, maybe they kept it so visually she wouldn't just look like a purple Stature.

Assuming the movies will go with Stature. Someone involved in the Ant-Man movies (I don't remember if it was the writer or director) mentioned how they liked Nick Spencer's Ant-Man run when they were questioned about Cassie, and if they are using that run as an inspiration for teenage Cassie, there's a chance she might make her hero debut in the MCU as Stinger. I could actually see them preferring that, since the Stinger identity actually resembles a mix of both Ant-Man and Wasp, so they could use that as a way to promote her as their legacy hero in the MCU.

But in case she goes back to Stature for whatever reason in the comics, I'm fine with that. I just hope she keeps her Stinger powers. Changing your size is fun, but the additional powerset she gained made her a lot more useful and dynamic as a character.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-17-2019 at 08:30 PM.

I like the power ups she got from the Stinger identity (the wings, the Stinger blasts, the insect controlling helmet), but the Stature costume suits her better, I like seeing her hair

I wouldn't mind if she only wears the helmet when she shrinks down, and just kinda switches between Stature and Stinger depending on Big or Small

I dunno. I liked Stinger as an MC2 nod but it's always felt like discount Wasp to me. At least there's not a lot of giant-women among all the Pym Particle users.

I dunno. I liked Stinger as an MC2 nod but it's always felt like discount Wasp to me. At least there's not a lot of giant-women among all the Pym Particle users.
    same number of giant women as insect themed women.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Wasp, Wasp2, Beetle, Mantis, Yellow Jacket (RIP), Stinger Can we count the spiders? I know not insects but hey if spiderman can constantly be called an insect by enemies?

How many giant?

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    something something pym particles

Considering the fact that the first two times Cassie has shown up in a while she has only turned big and has reverted back to her old suit (expect for the fact that it's purple and has wasp wings), I think they definitely are slowly reverting back to her Stature persona. I was never huge on her Stinger look so I'm quite happy with the direction it's going.

cassie.jpg
    In both cases it made sense that she wouldn't have her helmet with her. In Wasp, it was because they were at a birthday party. She can stash the main costume, but the helmet would be trickier. Note that Nadia wasn't wearing her's either. And in Giant-Man, having the helmet would've blown her cover.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

None of them had it as their main schtick like Stature did except for maybe Janet for a brief period of time in the kid Marvel Adventure series.

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    None of them had it as their main schtick like Stature did except for maybe Janet for a brief period of time in the kid Marvel Adventure series.
    Big Zero and Ms. Marvel are two giant women. there's also Man-Killer.

Big Zero and Ms. Marvel are two giant women. there's also Man-Killer.
    Of the three Ms. Marvel is the only prominent one and she really doesn't giant-up herself that much, just parts of her body.

Emma Fuhrmanm talking to Andy Park about Cassie's suit

https://twitter.com/EmmaFuhrmann/sta...590593025?s=19