Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Dazzler got jobbed? I'm done with this book.
    It is Omega Red, who seems to be the only character who hasn't suffered a power drop in this event.

Actually, this might actually explain why Apocalypse wants him; Apocalypse and Evan have healing factors which should in theory allow them to survive his death thing. Apocalypse may be planning on using that to do something very, very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This book is so eugh. There were enough avenues to go without doing the same ol’ “I love you, Katya! uwu” but Nadler has his hooks deep in this one. I would’ve rather read about Sharesse and Poccy getting together than...this. And Evan turning into Captain America, who is harassing the X-Men/protecting mutant hate rallies in the 616 rn, and calling himself a hero is funny as hell. This is definitely the worse book in Age of X-Man.
    I disagree. I actually kind of like this book. None of the AOX books are great, but Xtremests for me is the absolute worst. Not engaging at all and just dull

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Dazzler got jobbed? I'm done with this book.
    but they at least used her powers more than most with that hard light construct sledgehammer that she was breaking limbs with!

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I disagree. I actually kind of like this book. None of the AOX books are great, but Xtremests for me is the absolute worst. Not engaging at all and just dull
    You’re definitely bugging because Prisoner X, Amazing Nightcrawler, and X-Tremists are the best AOXM books. Nextgen and Marvelous are tied for next, space, space, space, this book. But that’s just cause this unlucky book got saddled with the obvious Evilpocalypse twist and Kittylossus romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Morlock View Post
    but they at least used her powers more than most with that hard light construct sledgehammer that she was breaking limbs with!
    Omega Red is one of the hardest villains to defeat so I am not surprised Dazzler couldn't take him down with just her and Unveil and unfortunately Unveil's power just seems to be the gaseous form where she can influence or disorient people.

Colossus:

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I am actually really starting to wonder what Apocalypse feels about Kitty now. Is he going to take her no matter what when this event ends, I wouldn't be surprised if he does at this point. I make jokes about Kitty becoming one of his horseman, but now I am not sure what is going to happen. I don't think Apocalypse "loves" Kitty per say, I think he just wants her under his control, but it's hard to say he seems to treat her as his favourite acolyte right now. Even going back to Apocalypse explaining the menorah to Kitty, it seemed like he was trying to give her something back that she lost, her Jewish faith. Almost like, here is a present for being such a good and obedient acolyte, I will help you remember how important your faith was to you.

BANNED

They could've spent five issues on exploring the importance of political freedom and expression of (sexual) identity and the dangers of cults.

Instead it's about Omega Red and Kittylossus.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am actually really starting to wonder what Apocalypse feels about Kitty now. Is he going to take her no matter what when this event ends, I wouldn't be surprised if he does at this point. I make jokes about Kitty becoming one of his horseman, but now I am not sure what is going to happen. I don't think Apocalypse "loves" Kitty per say, I think he just wants her under his control, but it's hard to say he seems to treat her as his favourite acolyte right now. Even going back to Apocalypse explaining the menorah to Kitty, it seemed like he was trying to give her something back that she lost, her Jewish faith. Almost like, here is a present for being such a good and obedient acolyte, I will help you remember how important your faith was to you.
    Eye-Boy was the one who explained the menorah (which wasn't even a menorah).

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They could've spent five issues on exploring the importance of political freedom and expression of (sexual) identity and the dangers of cults.

Instead it's about Omega Red and Kittylossus.

Eye-Boy was the one who explained the menorah (which wasn't even a menorah).
    Actually, Apocalypse talked to Kitty about it when they were back at the base. Eye-Boy talked to Kitty when she first found it.

You have an excellent point about this being a missed opportunity to really understand how Apocalypse's cult is working. All of the books could have explored the themes more. But XTracts in particular feels like a missed opportunity, especially if Kitty is supposed to be a correlation with Patty Hearst, it's fine to say that but if you are going to throw that out there describing the book like Marvel did, then they should at least truly explore that in the series. What did Apocalypse do to Kitty to fully indoctrinate her to his cause, because that was the thing about Patty Hearst, she was kidnapped and then slowly indoctrinated until she believed completely in the cause of her kidnappers. Patty Hearst had to be deprogrammed after she was captured and put in jail.
    Last edited by RachelGrey; 05-09-2019 at 09:59 AM.

BANNED

Actually, Apocalypse talked to Kitty about it when they were back at the base. Eye-Boy talked to Kitty when she first found it.
    When does this happen?

When does this happen?
    I believe it was in issue 2, but I'll check when I get home from work today for you.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When does this happen?
    Start of issue 2 after Kitty has her flashback of when she first met Pocy and Unveil.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You’re definitely bugging because Prisoner X, Amazing Nightcrawler, and X-Tremists are the best AOXM books. Nextgen and Marvelous are tied for next, space, space, space, this book. But that’s just cause this unlucky book got saddled with the obvious Evilpocalypse twist and Kittylossus romance.
    Wow, you actually like xtremists? that is by far the worst. by far. Nightcrawler isn't great either. I do like prisoner X, but marvelous is the best in my opinion

Extraordinary Member

It's hard to tell what Apocalypse wants here, but if I had to guess, he wants control over Nate's world.

And maybe Kitty Pride, I'm not sure. He usually does need Horsemen, specifically a Death, but without a Death Seed, I'm not sure what his actual plan is.