Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Cast Spider-Man Rogues Gallery

Just what it says in the tin, really!

I’ll start with a slight diverge from the comics, but Jason Mamoa as Kraven The Hunter would be all kinds of sick!

Larry David as Vulture
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

David Wenham for Boomerang - yes I know that he was in iron fist

Andrew Divoff as Chameleon

Chris Meloni or Kiefer Sutherland as Norman Osborn
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-09-2019 at 05:37 AM.

BANNED

Among the villains cast so far, I'm happy with the actors who have played Norman Osborn (Dafoe being the GOAT), Sandman, Vulture, and Mysterio. In the case of Sandman, the material was pretty bad but Thomas Haden Church himself was quite a good fit for the character. I also think Tom Hardy as Venom, and Woody Harrelson as Carnage are good fits.

So that's 6.

Dr. Octopus:
    -- If they are going young, then Neil Patrick Harris, "Dr. Horrible" and former voice of Peter Parker himself. The only actor who can pull of that "Dr. Ock is Peter without May and Ben" crap. As. It would also be Legend...wait for it...dary.
    -- If they are going old and classic, then Bryan Cranston would be a good choice. Lot of people wanted him to be Luthor, well he can be Dr. Octopus now. Have him show Dr. Octopus as the scientist-gangster he is by having the great scientist-gangster of our times, Walt White himself, play him.

Kraven the Hunter: I'd go with Javier Bardem, aka Anton Chigurh himself. Bardem has good range as an actor, he has done comedy and wacky stuff but he can also be intense and scary. And you need to do both. If you are going to do KLH, you need Kraven to be scary. If you want Kraven to be younger, I'd recommend Adam Driver but to be honest, I think Adam Driver should be Dr. Doom and the MCU should lock him for that and since Doom is maybe my second favorite character in Marvel after Spider-Man, that's ultimately the bigger role.

Chameleon: The other day I pointed out that Ben Kingsley's Trevor Slattery from Iron Man 3 could have been backloaded as a Chameleon type villain. Giving him a fresh, modern spin while also giving Chameleon a personality aside from being a cold war relic.

Roderick Kingsley/Hobgoblin: Roddy is a silver-haired charismatic businessman and socialite and a fashion mogul. My pick...George Clooney. Seriously have Danny Ocean, the great Silver Fox of our times play the Hobgoblin. That would make him work and separate him from the Green Goblin while also giving his byzantine schemes and multiple goblin mysteries something to spin around. Since Clooney makes a lot of movies as that kind of character.

Mr. Negative: Obviously cast someone with a lot of pull in Hong Kong gangster movies or the emerging Chinese cinema. I am talking Tony Leung, from Infernal Affairs (aka the movie remade as The Departed).

As for Boomerang and the Superior Foes of Spider-Man (i.e. "these guys really"), I'd say cast actors from Tarantino movies, Soderbergh crime movies, Shane Black movies Guy Ritchie movies and others:
    -- Boomerang : Michael Madsen.
    -- Beetle II: Eiza Gonzalez (from Baby Driver)
    -- Tombstone: Keith David.

Christian Slater as Norman Osborn

Robert Pattinson as Carnage

Robert England as Vulture

Kerry Washington as Calypso

Hayden Panettiere as Black Cat

James McAvoy as Morlun