I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Default The First Victim - was their identity ever revealed?

A big part of in James Tynion IV's Detective Comics run was The First Victim. Then he abruptly left 'Tec and The First Victim hasn't been seen since.

I'm pretty sure Tynion never revealed the identity during his run, so I'm just wondering if there's a quote or something out there explaining his ultimate plans for the character.
    Just. Be. Nice.

I think Tynion already came out and said he had no intention of revealing it. the mystery of his character is what makes his character, so revealing it kind of takes the novelty away. I've seen some people speculate that he's the Joker.
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

I am surprised to see this topic.. I wanted to know the same YESTERDAY.

NO.. Nothing..

There is one character that many fans suspected from him but... That character can also be the JOKER..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-08-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Maybe the first victim could be . . . Aunt Harriet!

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I think Tynion already came out and said he had no intention of revealing it. the mystery of his character is what makes his character, so revealing it kind of takes the novelty away. I've seen some people speculate that he's the Joker.
    I always liked the idea that it was that dude from the Chemical Syndicate way back in 'Tec #27.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always liked the idea that it was that dude from the Chemical Syndicate way back in 'Tec #27.
    The guy Batman punches into the chemical bath at the end? That would be cool.

I always thought it was Cluemaster, and there was either a convoluted reason for the gimmick or it was a just a straight up lie. Stephanie's story seemed to keep bringing her towards TFV, and those issues usually also referenced Cluemaster.

I suppose the biggest mystery will always be how did he breathe? His mask looks like a blood filled, air tight plastic bag. Lol
    Just. Be. Nice.

Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like this idea

That guy's big though if I remember correctly, and the First Victim is rail thin

Maybe he shrunk

Incredible Member SixSpeedSamurai's Avatar

It was ....... Red Herring!
    Batman #300-
    Detective Comics #570-

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    These days, that feels supremely lazy

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    It was ....... Red Herring!
    Ooh, another Batman/Scooby-Doo crossover
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    These days, that feels supremely lazy
    To you. I thought he was great for a one-time villain
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

I'd be interested if they came back for another story, maybe written by Tomasi if Tynion isn't available for it. I could see Tynion making them the central villain for a possible run if he was to be the next writer on Batman.
    I am currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, Nightwing, Batgirl, Catwoman, Heroes in Crisis, Justice League, The Batman Who Laughs, Doomsday Clock, Sideways, Ms. Marvel, and Thor.

In time I hope to read Red Hood and The Outlaws, Batman and The Outsiders, and Young Justice.

He's Bob, from the Enzyte commercials. Batman, in his early days in training, accidentally got Bob fired. And so, Bob became First Victim.

Incredible Member TheNewFiftyForum's Avatar

I read it as being a woman, and someone you were never supposed to know exactly who it was. Just one of many henchmen and bystanders getting caught in Batman's crossfire during the years.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow