Page 70 of 294 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar quirked an eyebrow. That sounded like something Jinzi would say.

"Components ?"
    “Spell components. Rare ones at that.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    All was quiet. Too quiet. The creature had been apprehended above – or seemingly so – by Ochazuke and Blizzar. Thanks to Parsley's own efforts, the ground below had been glassed for miles in all direction. He was without his source of power, yet she still felt uneasy.

She stepped toward Gero. "I would like to posit a theory. That creature was sent by these Red Raiders to rescue you, perhaps? Another theory: the creature's underground tunnel will lead us directly to their base. What do you think Gero? These sound plausible?" Another Dark Spiral formed above her fingertip.
    “I think if you kill me you’ll never know for sure.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "...huh... a sphinx..."

He had seen quite a few creatures and figures throughout his short life, from dragons to aliens, but he realized he had never seen a sphinx up until this point.

After a few moments, Charco recalled before greeted and quickly replied, "Howdy," hoping the paused hadn't been too awkward.

The spirit nods.

“Greetings human. I welcome you here.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    "And I think those meaty thighs will look good slathered in teriyaki sauce," Parsley retorted. Her stomach growled audibly. It had been hours since her last meal, and in the meantime she had fought in, what, three battles? She was starving. "Start talking before I turn you into a spit roast over an open flame."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The gremlin like creature shrugs as best it can.

“Doing my job. Steal interesting tech or blueprints.”
    " Just doing your job? Look I know who you work for. You work for Red Raiders. an infamous band of criminals," Praxat said.

Praxat then changes her method to the Pride-and-Ego down method. " But I guess the Red Raiders aren't all their crack up to be. If they need to send someone as pathetic as you to steal tech or blueprints," Praxat said.

Praxat continues to demean and insult the Gremlin like creature. Praxat skin color changes. It's a subtle skin color change that's hardly noticeable.

" Maybe you only work for them, because you don't have the skills to hack it in the real world! So you have to work for a bunch of criminals just to make ends meet!" Praxat said.

her subtle skin color change indicates that she doesn't mean what she says, and is just trying to get more information out of the Gremlin like creature.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-22-2019 at 03:53 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The spirit nods.

Leaning in slightly, eyes wide with curiosity, "Oh, wow, are you really a sphinx? Um, what's a sphinx? What happened to your own body? Do you like sharing a body with someone? Are you Male or female...if you are Male that must be pretty awkward." Before she could as her next question, Cyanna's hand began to get warm, which she recognized as a sign to reign it back and quiet down.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The spirit nods.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Leaning in slightly, eyes wide with curiosity, "Oh, wow, are you really a sphinx? Um, what's a sphinx? What happened to your own body? Do you like sharing a body with someone? Are you Male or female...if you are Male that must be pretty awkward." Before she could as her next question, Cyanna's hand began to get warm, which she recognized as a sign to reign it back and quiet down.
    Been some time since I last saw a sphinx...

The didn't bode too well, but then again, it was hard to say what good a sphinx would do in this situation. If he recalled right, sphinxes were mostly guardians who would only step aside for one should they answer their riddle. He could only hope this sphinx was powerful because riddles weren't going to be much help against Rex.

"So what now? No offense to your ally, but I'm still in the dark on how to deal with my own spiritual nemesis."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar and his officers had indeed gone airborne and with the golem launched from the ground that it was tethered to, it was time for them to act in tandem with Parseley.

X-Bo raised his hands in the air, shouting, "Don't even think about trying anything funny! Red Ring!" he called out as a red rings of energy encircled over the golem's body before wrapping around and tightening.

In case the golem had any other tricks up it's sleeve, Blizzar attempted to maintain a telekinetic hold upon it now that it was disconnected from the Earth to double down on preventing it from escaping by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    The Golem is ripped free, and Ochazuke gets the sense that the golem saw..something.......within him as he executed the maneuver. A brief resonance.

Either way, the golem is untethered from the artificial ground and now sailing upwards.

——-

Adam and Gero are in a fierce battle, but shortly the scientists is wrapped up like snake would its prey.
    Gero surrenders, stopping struggling with Adam and simply smirking as Damask is “apprehended”.

The golem is trapped in mid-air, and the earth below the geofront has been glassed. It seems all is in hand at the moment.
    When he siphoned a part of the Golem's power, Ochazuke felt something behind the veil raking over him. A presence living, and yet not so alive, a will shackled...? The brief connection with the Golem was severed as soon as the artifact-creature's stony limb left his grasp and was cast upward.

When Blizzar and X-Bo had struck and made their moves to keep it suspended in the air, Ochazuke approached it from another angle. Gazing into its unblinking, ancient face, he risked a closer approach as he placed a hand upon it, concentrating his meditational field on the shifting presence that animated this reconstructed body with Banjakuza.

What are you?

"And I think those meaty thighs will look good slathered in teriyaki sauce," Parsley retorted. Her stomach growled audibly. It had been hours since her last meal, and in the meantime she had fought in, what, three battles? She was starving. "Start talking before I turn you into a spit roast over an open flame."
    As he analyzed the inner secrets within the heart of whatever spirit animated the golem, Ochazuke could not help but overhear the conversation down near the Geofront laboratory. Lifting a finger to the comm in his ear, he relayed his thoughts to Parsley, and more pointedly, the android currently coiled over Gero's frame.

"She has the heart of a machine, one of her own design," he said, "It should be a trifle to interface with it."

The Android's mercurial shape was as elegantly precise as it was uncannily dreadful, and Pantaloon had left Gero to upgrade its construction. If the machine called her bluff, how ironic that it would be her undoing. Doubtless, Char Banner Gero's veneer of confidence presumed an exacting control of the situation, as if each quantity carefully measured. Perhaps it was indeed the case that the second architect of the Capsule Geofront stood now as if a creator amid her canvas. The science of a self-absorbed aesthetic.

Yet he knew that standing directly before her was a variable Gero had yet to account for. The glass was a warning.
    Last edited by grampagen; 07-19-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Out in space, Earl is aboard his ship doing paperwork when he gets a message from his twin brother. Earl reads the message. Hey nerd, It's me your twin brother Sonata. It's been a long time since I sent you an f@$king message, hasn't it?

I just want to inform you that I'm thinking about turning over a new leaf. I want to talk to you in private in an isolated location. Come alone, no other GP officers brother! I swear scouts honor this is totally not an f@$king trap.

Shining Star looks at the message." You know it's a trap right?" Shinning Star said.

Earl looks at Shining Star." Of course, it's a trap, but I'm going anyways. This could be my chance to convinced my foolish brother to give up this insane crusade of his. If I can't convince him to give up his foolishness. Then I have my fellow GP officers ready on standby," Earl said.

" You think your brother is ever going to give up his insane vengeance quest against David? Your brother seems dead set in taking David out!" Shining Star said.

" I know my brother is a stubborn ass. That doesn't mean I can't at least try maybe I get through that hard head of his?" Earl said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    When he siphoned a part of the Golem's power, Ochazuke felt something behind the veil raking over him. A presence living, and yet not so alive, a will shackled...? The brief connection with the Golem was severed as soon as the artifact-creature's stony limb left his grasp and was cast upward.

When Blizzar and X-Bo had struck and made their moves to keep it suspended in the air, Ochazuke approached it from another angle. Gazing into its unblinking, ancient face, he risked a closer approach as he placed a hand upon it, concentrating his meditational field on the shifting presence that animated this reconstructed body with Banjakuza.

What are you?

As he analyzed the inner secrets within the heart of whatever spirit animated the golem, Ochazuke could not help but overhear the conversation down near the Geofront laboratory. Lifting a finger to the comm in his ear, he relayed his thoughts to Parsley, and more pointedly, the android currently coiled over Gero's frame.

"She has the heart of a machine, one of her own design," he said, "It should be a trifle to interface with it."

The Android's mercurial shape was as elegantly precise as it was uncannily dreadful, and Pantaloon had left Gero to upgrade its construction. If the machine called her bluff, how ironic that it would be her undoing. Doubtless, Char Banner Gero's veneer of confidence presumed an exacting control of the situation, as if each quantity carefully measured. Perhaps it was indeed the case that the second architect of the Capsule Geofront stood now as if a creator amid her canvas. The science of a self-absorbed aesthetic.

Yet he knew that standing directly before her was a variable Gero had yet to account for. The glass was a warning.
    Upon contact, images brush through Ochazuke’s mind.

Damask and an unknown man, wielding a sword, defending Earth against attack. The sword blazes bright and true, and Ochazuke can feel the power, similar to Evangeline’s, coming from it and the man.

Creational energy. Kami energy.

A shrine, beautiful and ancient, fills the next one. The same man and Damask, bloodline magic connecting the two as the golem looks battered and broken. The man tells the golem to rest now and be ready when his descendants need him.

It cuts away through a long line of people, their faces flashing past, until the number thins out and ends with two. Willa Raut and Jack Knave.

The scene shifts to a younger Willa stumbling upon the shrine and finding, awakening, the damaged golem. Of slowly getting part of it awoken as more people, beating the Red Raider insignia, start building and bringing in tech. A perfectly hidden base of operations.

———

Adam responds back.

“Indeed.”

The android pours part of himself into her mouth, only a blob of the silvery liquid, then tightens.

After a moment, she stiffens and for once looks worried.

“I have her heart...surrounded. In an instant I can destroy it and her. Ask your questions, Saiyan. Galaxy Police. Ochazuke.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Adam speaks after pouring part of himself into her mouth and saying he has her heart surrounded, and Gero actually looks concerned.

“Ask your questions.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lyaus the Sphinx nods.

“I am a sphinx. I am a creature of knowledge and mysteries. My body died but my spirit was bound to a magic bloodline. I quite enjoy sharing space with Morgana, and yes I am female.”

The spirit looks at Charco.

“As to helping you.....I know Rex. In fact.....if the old Tyrant King remembers and has’t gone senile, It was I that warmed him of the approaching doom of a renegade god of destruction so very long ago.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Just doing your job? Look I know who you work for. You work for Red Raiders. an infamous band of criminals," Praxat said.

Praxat then changes her method to the Pride-and-Ego down method. " But I guess the Red Raiders aren't all their crack up to be. If they need to send someone as pathetic as you to seal tech or blueprints," Praxat said.

Praxat continues to demean and insult the Gremlin like creature. Praxat skin color changes. It's a subtle skin color change that's hardly noticeable.

" Maybe you only work for them, because you don't have the skills to hack it in the real world! So you have to work for a bunch of criminals just to make ends meet!" Praxat said.

her subtle skin color change indicates that she doesn't mean what she says, and is just trying to get more information out of the Gremlin like creature.
    The gremlin suddenly shifts, body shrinking suddenly and falling out of Praxat’s grasp. It fires off a stinking cloud of miasma to cover its tracks as it flees, tunneling rapidly. In its new smaller form Praxat will have a hard time following.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jinzi, after about thirty minutes, calls Sarada over.

“I think I have something for you. Not my best work, but I think you’ll be happy with it.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Zurvan meanwhile is speaking to Asha’rah, their voices low and animated.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM