Page 100 of 294 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 4408
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar calmly listened to the frog's spiel, hearing out his argument. It seemed that his hatred of Held ran deeper than he thought, but these accusations...just how many enemies had Held made by being in the wrong place at the wrong time? It was sort of amusing, almost, but he couldn't show such glibness to the Lookout's new guest.

Despite his impassioned stance on the matters at hand, however, Blizzar could not help but be a little irked on this frog's accusations. It was a tense time, but he likely was not aware of the current circumstances.

"Funny that you mention murderers and monsters...for they are among those who've saved this planet countless times, along with it's natives. I wouldn't exactly call it weak either, given that it's the most troublesome world I've ever had the pleasure of patrolling," the Arcosian went on.

"Of the criminals housed here, Held is among the least impressive in terms crimes commited, the scale of such crimes, and sheer body count and yet...I'd like to think something has changed within these individuals or and least made them focus their aggressions on something worse," Blizzar continued, beginning to pace the halls.

"I'd know this is not a satisfactory answer, but know that this planet was recently subject to not one but two recent invasions, back to back, repelled by it's defenders. One from a race few knew existed and the other from beyond time itself," Blizzar ceased his pacing to give Frogspierre a serious glance. "This sounds like a film sypnopsis, I am aware...but now that threat from beyond time ceases to end time as we know it and the forces gathered here are the ones that can out an end to it. Including Held."

The Lieutenant shrugged, "That is why Held is needed...he has saved this planet on a few occasions and now must do again....think of it as community service. Whatever justice you seek will have to wait until this voyage to the end of time concludes...I'll even set up the bloody interrogation, if you want."
    There was a conflict of emotions, within Frogspierre. On the one hand, the raw revulsion he felt to hear that Held was 'tame' compared to the rest of his unholy crew that would call itself to be defenders of earth. It would likely be a whose who of unspeakable atrocities. Some small part of Frogspierre felt that it would perhaps be better that such a desperate world simply be snuffed out.

But, even as the thought ran through his mind, he knew that was a contemplation brought about by anger. The very battle for the soul of Agrippa was waged in the name of freedom and righteousness, not merely base survival. Somethings, in his mind, were worth dying for, and somethings were worse than death. Still, had he and his brothers been given a chance to fight for the survival of their home, they would have left no stone unturned to do just that, even if the methods were...less than ideal.

Despite his disgust, he could not help but sympathize on some level. All things strive to live, after all. It was perhaps the only other rule of the universe Frogspierre believed in.

Still, Agrippa was without a doubt a planet worth saving. This...Earth, however....Just because all things wish to flourish, does not mean they should. But, he knew nothing of this world and it's people, and so he withheld judgement. For the moment.

The Officer seemed to think this 'Voyage' held the fate of this world in the balance, and was not particularly vested in interfering in the burning justice that would be brought about soon enough. It would be preferable not to make an enemy of the galaxy police, if it could be avoided.

More importantly, he could not bring himself to--even by merely interfering---recklessly risk the doom of a planet he had not yet taken the measure of, he would stay his hand...For the moment.

"Do as you wish." Frogspierre said simply, turning to take another path. "Just know that no amount of 'community service' will make up for the genocide committed at his hand."

As he walked away from Blizzar, a large sliver coin arced through the air towards the Acrosians head.

"Consider that to be a receipt of the debt I owe him. I have no doubt he will understand."

With a flex of his mighty legs, Frogspierre entered the stratosphere, vanishing into the horizon.

Before boarding the ship, Praxat approaches Eva." Eva, I want to ask you a favor. Please look after Qaztoh. Make sure that she doesn't attempt to meet up with Alakazah." Praxat said.

" She quite doesn't believe that the President of Earth is a dragon in disguise. She thinks the whole thing is bogus and that we're all paranoid. If you spot a weird watch on her take it. That's a teleportation device, do not allow her to use it," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Astonishing Member

"Matter of fact, Sasheem did," The Majin answered smugly. "Too bad he could only eat half! He sneered, nostrils flaring at the Saiyan. "Not to mention you ducked that stupid chef and left all the blame on Sasheem!"

The Majin was fully prepared to rant further until something else quickly gained his ire.

"Are you kiddin' Sasheem, Pants?!" Sasheem exclaimed. "Since when was that agreed upon?"

Sasheem leaped up and stood on Held's shoulder' whilst poking the Nevadian's forehead accusingly with his index finger. "Since when has there been a ship that you've touched that hasn't ended up wrecked, horse maneur?!" The Majin accused. "If you've already forgotten, Sasheem's absorbed the knowledge of one of the best pilots in the GP! He's stolen the accolades from the best in the whatever galaxy that dumas came from!"
    "I'd point out any ship issues happen when I'm asleep, or not on board." Held replied, slightly more defensive than one would expect from the Nevadian, "Besides, the ship always manages to land in the same general area, and no one ever dies...I can't help it if massive explosions and chaff always find themselve--"

He paused, clearing his throat, as he realized the tangent he was going on.

"I believe you said One of the best in the GP." Held repeated after the Majin, emphasizing that choice of wording with a smile, "Not to boast, but I'm not exactly a rookie. I'd give myself good odds against anyone in Nevada, let alone in the universe...Which, last I checked, included the Galaxy Police."

He laughed slightly. "And really, it doesn't really count as your skills if you had to ...eat...someone to get them, does it? If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if your lack of skill, and your friends supposed skill turned out to make you a merely average pilot."

Turning to the side, he placed his fist over his mouth, muttering something.

"Besides, if you managed to catch him, I would argue he probably wasn't quite as hot as advertised..."
    Last edited by Miburo; 08-23-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    During the night, Dash opened a Portal back to Chroma. After spending a hour talking to Meagan, the decision was made. Using her power as Guardian, she dismisses Dash from her position as Apprentice Guardian, doing so with sincere thanks for all she has done.

Dash was about to give back her key to the Temple Portal when Meagan insisted that she keep it for now.

Changing into her armor, then gathering up all her belongings, Dash and Meagan hug each other. This wasn't a goodby, just a change of paths.

Entering the Portal, Dash finds herself back on the Lookout. A few hours of rest later, she finds herself standing on the Plaza watching Jinzi entering the shuttle. She would follow soon, when she was ready.
    After others had already entered, Dash looks back at Eva and gives her a thumbs up, along with a confident smile as she enters the shuttle. Once inside, she finds a seat.

Filtering the arguments out, she looked down at her hand. Flexing it once or twice, it felt strange to no longer have Iris' mark on it. She flashed back on the day she accepted the position as Apprentice Guardian, which was quickly followed by other memories related to her role. She even remembered wondering what it would be like to be a Guardian, and the day when she realized she was not cut out for it. That it was not her path, a decision Meagan sadly concurred with.

Looking up at the others entering the Shuttle, she knew that her true path would become clearer in time. Perhaps, as Lady Eva suggested, it would becomes clearer this time.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    There was a conflict of emotions, within Frogspierre. On the one hand, the raw revulsion he felt to hear that Held was 'tame' compared to the rest of his unholy crew that would call itself to be defenders of earth. It would likely be a whose who of unspeakable atrocities. Some small part of Frogspierre felt that it would perhaps be better that such a desperate world simply be snuffed out.

But, even as the thought ran through his mind, he knew that was a contemplation brought about by anger. The very battle for the soul of Agrippa was waged in the name of freedom and righteousness, not merely base survival. Somethings, in his mind, were worth dying for, and somethings were worse than death. Still, had he and his brothers been given a chance to fight for the survival of their home, they would have left no stone unturned to do just that, even if the methods were...less than ideal.

Despite his disgust, he could not help but sympathize on some level. All things strive to live, after all. It was perhaps the only other rule of the universe Frogspierre believed in.

Still, Agrippa was without a doubt a planet worth saving. This...Earth, however....Just because all things wish to flourish, does not mean they should. But, he knew nothing of this world and it's people, and so he withheld judgement. For the moment.

The Officer seemed to think this 'Voyage' held the fate of this world in the balance, and was not particularly vested in interfering in the burning justice that would be brought about soon enough. It would be preferable not to make an enemy of the galaxy police, if it could be avoided.

More importantly, he could not bring himself to--even by merely interfering---recklessly risk the doom of a planet he had not yet taken the measure of, he would stay his hand...For the moment.

"Do as you wish." Frogspierre said simply, turning to take another path. "Just know that no amount of 'community service' will make up for the genocide committed at his hand."

As he walked away from Blizzar, a large sliver coin arced through the air towards the Acrosians head.

"Consider that to be a receipt of the debt I owe him. I have no doubt he will understand."

With a flex of his mighty legs, Frogspierre entered the stratosphere, vanishing into the horizon.
    Blizzar caught the coin as it descended towards him, scoffing as the frog ventured off on his own. "All in the name of justice, eh my amphibian friend?" He asked as he quickly flipped the coin over once in his hand. "Or is it simply good old fashioned vengeance?"

The Toadian' morals were blatantly clear from the brief conversation with him. Such noble standards....were often for fools. The bigger picture comes into play more often than many would admit. And when the lines that were drawn become blurry, sometimes one has to do what it takes to ensure that peace is achieved. All the same, he wasn't so sure this new arrival was a fool just yet. Especially not when subject to a comparison of his peers.

Still, Held for all his faults, didn't seem the type to warrant the sheer anger that emanated from the Toadian. ...That made it all the more funny, but perhaps once everything was sorted with the Doctor, this is something that should be settled very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Qaztoh approaches Blizzar and hands him a large sum of cash." Okay Here's my payment for this month," Qaztoh said.
    "Ah, thank you," Blizzar nodded. "You know, another one of your people has landed upon Earth," he noted as he'd walked off. "Shpuld you ever happen upon him, I implore you speak to him. You never know, you could have a lot to talk about..." he shrugged before he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    ’The time has come. The ship is here at the Lookout.’
    When the time came, Ishtar was quick. Slipping out of bed and into something ... serviceable, before arriving where she needed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "...that was a good last meal," As much as he didn't want to toot his own horn when it came to his cooking, especially compared to Zaofan's, but those ribs had hit that craving spot perfectly. Food-wise, he was without regret... as for everything else, eh...

"All right, let's get this **** show over..." Rising to his feet, the boy stretched before heading out to greet the transport ship. Before embarking, however, he took a moment to withdraw his communicator and sent out a quick group message to those on his contact list. Once he was assured it had been sent, Charco suddenly clenched his hand into a fist, destroying the phone in its grip. Releasing his hold on it, he dropped the broken remains and stepped aboard.
    Though when the Oni arrived there, she heard something rather queer, all things considered. From Charco of all people, the oft oblivious but generally chipper -- and punch happy -- Dinosaur student.

Curious indeed.

"Last meal ? Was I not made aware that this was some manner of 'suicide run' ?" Ishtar asked, slowing to a stop off to the boy's left side. "Or is this about something else ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    When the time came, Ishtar was quick. Slipping out of bed and into something ... serviceable, before arriving where she needed to be.

Though when the Oni arrived there, she heard something rather queer, all things considered. From Charco of all people, the oft oblivious but generally chipper -- and punch happy -- Dinosaur student.

Curious indeed.

"Last meal ? Was I not made aware that this was some manner of 'suicide run' ?" Ishtar asked, slowing to a stop off to the boy's left side. "Or is this about something else ?"
    "Things have gotten... complicated for me," He said, vaguely, "This may be the last I fight alongside all of you."

Although he was uncertain of when Rex would take over, with each step towards fighting the Doctor the heavier the sense of dread burdening him grew.

"If that is the case, I'm making it count," The boy added, his usual light-hearted tone replaced with a cold, sober graveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I'd point out any ship issues happen when I'm asleep, or not on board." Held replied, slightly more defensive than one would expect from the Nevadian, "Besides, the ship always manages to land in the same general area, and no one ever dies...I can't help it if massive explosions and chaff always find themselve--"

He paused, clearing his throat, as he realized the tangent he was going on.

"I believe you said One of the best in the GP." Held repeated after the Majin, emphasizing that choice of wording with a smile, "Not to boast, but I'm not exactly a rookie. I'd give myself good odds against anyone in Nevada, let alone in the universe...Which, last I checked, included the Galaxy Police."

He laughed slightly. "And really, it doesn't really count as your skills if you had to ...eat...someone to get them, does it? If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if your lack of skill, and your friends supposed skill turned out to make you a merely average pilot."

Turning to the side, he placed his fist over his mouth, muttering something.

"Besides, if you managed to catch him, I would argue he probably wasn't quite as hot as advertised..."
    "What was that?!" Sasheem snarled, not quite catching that last bit. "Listen up and remember this, prancing pony, Sasheem is, as of right now and most likely forever more THE GREATEST professional pilot in this sorry collection of individuals! Next time you save the planet, while piloting a mech, THEN, and this is important, ONLY THEN, you can start yammering about how you're the best! Until then...enjoy second place!"

Blizzar caught the coin as it descended towards him, scoffing as the frog ventured off on his own. "All in the name of justice, eh my amphibian friend?" He asked as he quickly flipped the coin over once in his hand. "Or is it simply good old fashioned vengeance?"

The Toadian' morals were blatantly clear from the brief conversation with him. Such noble standards....were often for fools. The bigger picture comes into play more often than many would admit. And when the lines that were drawn become blurry, sometimes one has to do what it takes to ensure that peace is achieved. All the same, he wasn't so sure this new arrival was a fool just yet. Especially not when subject to a comparison of his peers.

Still, Held for all his faults, didn't seem the type to warrant the sheer anger that emanated from the Toadian. ...That made it all the more funny, but perhaps once everything was sorted with the Doctor, this is something that should be settled very quickly.

"Ah, thank you," Blizzar nodded. "You know, another one of your people has landed upon Earth," he noted as he'd walked off. "Shpuld you ever happen upon him, I implore you speak to him. You never know, you could have a lot to talk about..." he shrugged before he left.

(Another one of my kind? Then they are not from Qacriea. They must be from one of the Kingdom of Swampa's colony planets. However, ever since my mother's asinine law to ban space travel. No one has ever gotten in contact with the colony planets,) Qaztoh thought.

( When my mother passed that stupid law she pretty much abandoned the colony planets. This Toadian might bear a grudge against me because of my mother if they are indeed from one of the colony planets,) Qaztoh thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jinzi shakes his head.

“Held’s the co-pilot, I’m main pilot. Once this shuttle docks with the Coldlight we’ll be on our way. Sasheem, the GP are...less than enthusiastic about a criminal of your level driving their experimental ship.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Before boarding the ship, Praxat approaches Eva." Eva, I want to ask you a favor. Please look after Qaztoh. Make sure that she doesn't attempt to meet up with Alakazah." Praxat said.

" She quite doesn't believe that the President of Earth is a dragon in disguise. She thinks the whole thing is bogus and that we're all paranoid. If you spot a weird watch on her take it. That's a teleportation device, do not allow her to use it," Praxat said.
    She nods.

“Will do.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Matter of fact, Sasheem did," The Majin answered smugly. "Too bad he could only eat half! He sneered, nostrils flaring at the Saiyan. "Not to mention you ducked that stupid chef and left all the blame on Sasheem!"

The Majin was fully prepared to rant further until something else quickly gained his ire.
    Sarada chuckled sardonically.

"...that was a good last meal," As much as he didn't want to toot his own horn when it came to his cooking, especially compared to Zaofan's, but those ribs had hit that craving spot perfectly. Food-wise, he was without regret... as for everything else, eh...

"All right, let's get this **** show over..." Rising to his feet, the boy stretched before heading out to greet the transport ship. Before embarking, however, he took a moment to withdraw his communicator and sent out a quick group message to those on his contact list. Once he was assured it had been sent, Charco suddenly clenched his hand into a fist, destroying the phone in its grip. Releasing his hold on it, he dropped the broken remains and stepped aboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Curious indeed.

"Things have gotten... complicated for me," He said, vaguely, "This may be the last I fight alongside all of you."

Although he was uncertain of when Rex would take over, with each step towards fighting the Doctor the heavier the sense of dread burdening him grew.

"If that is the case, I'm making it count," The boy added, his usual light-hearted tone replaced with a cold, sober graveness.
    Any mirth Sarada had been feeling from messing with Sasheem evaporated like a tear drop in the desert. Her hands balled into fists. "This," she said, voice trembling from the anger she was barely able to contain, "is what happens when you let an idiot like Cyanna 'help'. When I see her again, I'm gonna replace her teeth with my knuckles." One of her friends, someone she could relate to, was about to be gone forever. And it was all Cyanna's fault. She couldn't wait to see her again so she could shove her entire leg up her ass.

"Dumb bitch."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

During the night Althena had stood by Eva's side. Never leaving her side as she deeply meditated in silence. Later after a few hours of rest, Althena is standing on the Plaza." I'm glad you're feeling better Eva," Althena said.

" I was seriously worried about you," Althena said.
    “Good lesson on being careful with dangerous techniques. I’ll be better after a day or two more rest.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi shakes his head.

“Held’s the co-pilot, I’m main pilot. Once this shuttle docks with the Coldlight we’ll be on our way. Sasheem, the GP are...less than enthusiastic about a criminal of your level driving their experimental ship.”
    "Hold up a sec! Sasheem called being pilot way back when..." The Majin trailed off, noting Blizzar walking aboard the shuttle. "Actually hey...'Ol Snowcone here'll vouch for Sasheem! Ain't that right?!" he asked, trying to elbow the GP Lieutenant in the ribs...only to fall to the floor as the Arcosian simply walked past him.

"I don't care, cretin," Blizzar stated plainly without giving the Majin so much as a look, calmly sipping some tea as he took his seat on the shuttle.

"Bah..." Sasheem muttered, laying on the floor for a bit, his chin resting in his hands as he grumbled to himself.

"Hold up a sec! Sasheem called being pilot way back when..." The Majin trailed off, noting Blizzar walking aboard the shuttle. "Actually hey...'Ol Snowcone here'll vouch for Sasheem! Ain't that right?!" he asked, trying to elbow the GP Lieutenant in the ribs...only to fall to the floor as the Arcosian simply walked past him.

"I don't care, cretin," Blizzar stated plainly without giving the Majin so much as a look, calmly sipping some tea as he took his seat on the shuttle.

"Bah..." Sasheem muttered, laying on the floor for a bit, his chin resting in his hands as he grumbled to himself.
    Getting up from her seat, Dash walks over and looks down at Sasheem, "Bein a pilot means bein stuck in the ship while all the fighten goes on elsewhere. Ah'd think that'd be too borin for you." she then gave him a bemused look, before looking up at Jinzi, "Ah was wonderin how long this trip was gonna be?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.