Page 146 of 294 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    ‘.........yes.’

The mental voice is that of a small, scared young girl.
    Ishtar sighs.

'Good enough. You will still die ... for what you have done ... that much is a guarantee; yet you will end up in Otherworld all the same.' The Oni said, slowly so it would be remembered. 'To make amends from there. Seek out ... Shek' hinah ...'

With that, Ishtar leaned back and sighed again.

'Farewell ... for now, Midori.'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

It was time.

The searing, burning pain from the massive amounts of energy coursing through her arm made it literally unbearable to wait any longer. It needed to be released, and the person who was to be on the receiving end was ready. The unholy hell that rained down upon her from everyone from Etrina and Blizzar to Ochazuke and Hops left Midori badly injured and at death's doorstep.

Sarada was going to be the one to deliver her to Shek'hinah personally.

She flexed her hand, unclenching and then clenching it again. When it tightened her sleeve exploded, revealing the glowing and dangerously fractured instrument of Midori's destruction.

Her foot planted into the ground and pushed forward, propelling her forward like a bat out of hell. She remembered the first time well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    The energy in Jack's arm explodes into light, causing the sleeve of his coat to burst into tatters. Jack rushes forward ash the energy in his arm flows down into his fist.

DEAD!

He ducks low as he charges forward his hand glowing bright enough to be painful to look at at close range.

MAN'S!

As he nears the creature he springs upward with his legs, putting his entire body into the force of an uppercut aimed at the place where the creature's neck and head met.

HAND!
    With a voice that was as hoarse as it was thunderous, she roared and thrust her fist toward, aiming for Midori's dreadnaught heart.

"Dead

Man's

Crimson

Fist!!!"

Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 09-07-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"HA!" Sasheem, grinned, barely able to hold on to the makeshift surfboard of the Cobra Curse as it begins to careen downwards at a highspeed, pinpointing the Doctor's location. This time, the Majin had the foresight to activate Katchin mode before the blast finally connected and he splattered everywhere. He was moving so fast, that everything became a blur, the attacks ki splattering out, almost as if it was overloading to provide the Majin with a cosmic wave.

"EAT THIS, DOCTOR DUMBASS!" The Majin bellowed, shouting with a maddening grin.

COBRA CURSE!

Sasheem sped into the room, the purple aura of the venomous ki blade that was the Cobra Curse swirling around him, the Majin surfing spirally on a direct dive towards the Doctors, intending to leap off at the moment of impact and coolly slide across the floor. ...Instead he was a moment to late and smashed through the floor into the one below.

...Possibly, several floors.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    P-Sta nodded gratefully, accepting the help of the woman of...well he didn't quite know her origin but, suffice to say, he was glad for the help. She seemed to know his allies as well. "The M-Fighters! Of course!" P-Sta declared triumphantly. "Of course they'd be here, valiant defenders they are! Glad to see the name caught on, as well! Personally, I-DID YOU SAY TIME INTERFERENCE?!" P-Sta exclaimed, the heart of the matter, impacting him a bit late.
    Nevanlinna winced as the man yelled more or less right in her ear. Taking a deep breath and resisting the urge to throw him against--and through--the nearest wall in retaliation, she eventually deigned to answer. "Yes... interference with time, as well as illegal and unauthorized genetic and cybernetic operations. They have been quite the persistent bother."

Just then, they reached the Doctor's room, witnessing the climax of the epic battle against... some... woman?

Right, well... whatever the circumstances, she was at least 90% sure that woman deserved being ganged up on like that. But where, pray-tell was the doctor?
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

“No. The only Doctor we know is a creepy kidnapping killer, so we were worried.”

Eva nods.

“Please, follow me into my parlor.”
    "A far cry from mine, then," Shōchū concluded, following Eva and Jack back into the parlor, "This place is quite beautiful," The girl mentioned, "I visited this place once, back in my time. There were only ruins..." She trailed off, her human mind reminded of the shadows baked into the surfaces of the walls and floors from when he attacked.

As usual, her train of thought was disrupted as data began feeding into her vision. Connection to this Earth's satellites had been established, granting her access to browse most databases on the planet. Interestingly enough, she also received confirmation that her report she had sent to the Tavern Star had been received. Despite not yet responding to her mission, Shōchū felt a sliver of hope that the Last Call of this time might be able to help her.

--------

Forgotten and neglected with the revelation of the Doctor's true identity seizing the attention of the group, only a chance of luck might have one spy a glance back to the statue-like husk of Ogatan Charco's body in time to see it begin to shake. With each toss and turn of the darkness that dwelled within, spider-web like cracks formed across the surface of the husk and more and more bits of the shell feel off. Suddenly, it lurched upward like the head of a boxer catching an uppercut to the chin and a fist-size chunk broke off, launched off several feet away from the husk. A second blow enlarged the previous hole and emerging from it came two sets of four talon-tipped fingers that pulled at the edges, enlarging the cracks through the strain. Unable to hold back the beast within, the only physical remains of Charco shattered like fine glass, spilling across the floor.

"As enraged as I am, I will commend your efforts, boy..."

With a heavy thud, the figure's tail lashed at the remaining chunks of the husk, more from annoyance than any need to further free himself as the figure rose. Charco's Saishū Zetsumetsu had successfully weakened him considerably by forcing him to use so much energy in repairing his body, but he would recover it time. As for the boy... it was doubtful he would need to worry about any comeback.

"Now... where is my prey? I hunger..."

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna winced as the man yelled more or less right in her ear. Taking a deep breath and resisting the urge to throw him against--and through--the nearest wall in retaliation, she eventually deigned to answer. "Yes... interference with time, as well as illegal and unauthorized genetic and cybernetic operations. They have been quite the persistent bother."

Just then, they reached the Doctor's room, witnessing the climax of the epic battle against... some... woman?

Right, well... whatever the circumstances, she was at least 90% sure that woman deserved being ganged up on like that. But where, pray-tell was the doctor?
    "Un-unauthorized..." P-Sta began to mutter. "I need my notes! I need to file a report?!" P-Sta noted in a panic. As they entered the room, the officer began to note. "Ah, they...they seemed to have everything under control," he noted, calming down somewhat. "Of course, all these violations..." P-Sta shook his head as he glanced around the room, noting a familiar face. "Lieutenant Blizzar? He's here too?" the officer asked surprised. "Glad to see this operation is being overseen by the Galaxy Police this surely is a heinous violation of code..." the alien officer paused. Although he was healed, memorizing the litany of notes from the GP handbook (that he personally had a hand in updating), was a bit too much to ask of himself for the time being. "Well, one of them, I'm fairly sure."

He glanced at the powerful display before him, which while impressive, was erm..."That's a bit....overkill, don't you think?" he asked of Nevanlinna.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Un-unauthorized..." P-Sta began to mutter. "I need my notes! I need to file a report?!" P-Sta noted in a panic. As they entered the room, the officer began to note. "Ah, they...they seemed to have everything under control," he noted, calming down somewhat. "Of course, all these violations..." P-Sta shook his head as he glanced around the room, noting a familiar face. "Lieutenant Blizzar? He's here too?" the officer asked surprised. "Glad to see this operation is being overseen by the Galaxy Police this surely is a heinous violation of code..." the alien officer paused. Although he was healed, memorizing the litany of notes from the GP handbook (that he personally had a hand in updating), was a bit too much to ask of himself for the time being. "Well, one of them, I'm fairly sure."

He glanced at the powerful display before him, which while impressive, was erm..."That's a bit....overkill, don't you think?" he asked of Nevanlinna.
    The officer became very agitated--and loud--when she mentioned the Doctor's activities. The princess had expected that, in part, but not to this extent. This one had an unerring sense of duty, it would seem--commendable, but also quite annoying. At the very least, he wasn't striking poses like that damned idiot saiyan halfbreed... who... did not seem to be present?

...she cared little about that nitwit, but she couldn't help but wonder why a battle-addict like that was absent.

She was shaken from her thoughts by P-sta's comment. "Oh yes, this group, you'll recall, is nothing but overkill. Considering how persistent the Doctor's creations have been, however, overkill is precisely what is called for. A shame I missed the bulk of the battle."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    A sigh of relief is followed by a question, "Can you stand? Or at least sit up?" Dash then offers him her hand.
    "We gotta talk an you best be upright for it."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

"Now... where is my prey? I hunger..."
    A vile, disgusting energy touched against Parsley's senses, drawing her attention away from the gladiatorial slaughter of Midori Pants. Her eyes cut to the source. A reptilian creature had emerged form Charco's remains. There was only one being this creature could be. "So, the coward finally comes out of hiding," she commented before turning her attention to more important matters.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Back on the Lookout, Qaztoh is walking around dialing in coordinates into her teleportation watch." ( I guess now is a good time as any to have a meeting with the President of Earth," ) Qaztoh thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-07-2019 at 10:42 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The blow lands and punches into the Dreadnaught Heart, which resists for a moment and then explodes, consuming Midori completely and back lashing all through the room, injuring Sarada and blowing another massive hole in the floor.

And the energy barrier that was holding the void of space in check starts fluctuating, then failing, the sucking doom of space starting to pull at them as the barrier slowly fails.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "We gotta talk an you best be upright for it."

He nods and stabs, wobbling as the facility is rocked by a third explosion.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

He nods and stands, wobbling as the facility is rocked by a third explosion.
    Cursing under her breath, "Which might have to wait." Trying her comm, but also speaking and thinking loudly in case any of the psychic types can hear her, "Ah found Jinzi and the Coldlight. Get your asses down here if you wannna get off of this rock. This includes all survivors." Adding the last part as she thought of the two who were rescued from the pods. "An bring the ones who didn't." adding as an afterthought. If there was anything left of Charco he should be brought home. As for Midori, Jinzi and Meagan might want to give her a burial despite everything.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-08-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The blow lands and punches into the Dreadnaught Heart, which resists for a moment and then explodes, consuming Midori completely and back lashing all through the room, injuring Sarada and blowing another massive hole in the floor.

And the energy barrier that was holding the void of space in check starts fluctuating, then failing, the sucking doom of space starting to pull at them as the barrier slowly fails.
    When the blow landed, Sarada's body went limp. As the dreadnaught heart resisted for the moment before exploding in an asteroid-shaking explosion, her power gave out. Her aura faded from existence and her hair lost its glow, returning to its normal brown shade and falling into her face. She was barely clinging to consciousness as it was when the explosion hit her in the face. Unlike Ishtar, who was protected enough to fall in the hole, the impact flung her clear to the other side of the room, slamming her into the back wall with enough force to create a crater.

She had done it. With no heart, Midori was done. She was going straight to hell and would spend the rest of eternity paying for her immense and expansive crimes against several universes. The universes she destroyed -- including Hops' -- had been avenged, those trapped in the twisted dragonballs created for a selfish purpose had been released and allowed to rest in peace. Jinzi was safe. The timestream was safe once more.

They had won.

It's over. Finally.

Sarada and the others could finally rest.

She laid limply on the ground, but wasn't content to enjoy the fruits of her tribulations face down. Her left hand scratched at the ruined metal floor; she couldn't feel her right arm at all. It was difficult to move. Everything was screaming in pain and agony. She wasn't sure of the extent of her injuries, but she knew they were bad.

Saiyan Grit

Slowly, the bleeding came to a halt. Small cuts closed up and the larger gashes shrank to become more manageable. The pain gradually subsided. She grunted and moved to push herself up to her knees.

Only her left arm responded. A hasty glance revealed that her right arm was gone, completely obliterated by the Dead Man's Crimson Fist. She sighed mentally. It was an outcome she had already accepted was going to happen, but... damn it, this was the second time in two days.

Her tail unwrapped from her waist and helped her balance as she slowly rose to her feet. She straightened up, but looked like she was on the verge of collapse even after healing herself. "Heh."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada was blown away by the delayed explosion of Midori's heart. The Doctor was surely dead, but Parsley knew that these vile abominations were as persistent as they were stomach-turning. Their creator was, likely, no different. However, there was a more pressing matter. The energy field that was keeping the integrity of the inner atmosphere intact was failing. If it dropped completely, they would all be sucked into the frigidly cold recess of space. Out of all of them, only a handful would survive. The rest would be killed either instantly or soon thereafter.

Parsley sighed and breathed in slowly.

Perfect Intuition: Xšaθra Vairya

She had witnessed Ishtar manipulating metal on multiple occasions, certainly enough to mimic the ability. Letting her ki drip from her body like water, it flowed and cascaded over The Doctor's workshop, and actually melded into the metal itself. Her hands jerked back and ripped pieces of ultra katchin from the floor, walls, and ceiling where it was safe, enough to cover the energy barrier and keep the void of space at bay once more until they could escape.

"Move. We don't have time to waste."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!