Page 212 of 294 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 4408

Default Sonata Unbound Part 10

Later, Sonata Tosses Qaztoh into the engine room of the ship." Now get to work. I want the hyper-drive up and running. Also, turn on the cloaking and shield defense," Sonata said.

" Sure I'll get on it, Captain," Qaztoh said. ( Like hell, I will you F#$king bastard. I'm not taking orders from you,) Qaztoh thought.

(Not after how you treated me, You may be stronger than me, tougher than me, but I'm smarter than you. I know pretty much how every single piece of technology on this ship works. I'll teach you to stomp me in the face bastard ) Qaztoh thought.

After Sonata leaves, Qaztoh takes out her cellphone and uses it to hack into the Black Diamond's mainframe. She goes to work. Shutting down the ship's defenses and halting its speed. She gives her self total access to the ship's communication line, etc.

She uses the ship's communication line to broadcast the ship's coordinates. On the Lookout, Praxat gets a ring on her cell phone and sees something strange. As on her phone, she sees what looks like a bunch of numbers.

Nadila gets the same thing on her phone. " and shows it to Blizzar." I just got this on my phone. I believe Qaztoh has broadcast Sonata and his crew's coordinates," Nadila said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Default The Cycle of Death, and Rebirth: Nothing Gold Can Stay Part II

In the end, Ishtar fled to the first place outside the Universe that came to mind: Tatenen.

Were she not two steps from madness, she might have found it amusing. Yet as it stood, she was barely capable of acknowledging where she was at all. Ishtar simply knew it was safe here. That, here, separated from Sarada in a way that terminated their spiritual connection, she was no longer at risk of dragging her little love -- as well as the millions who looked at her to guide them now -- down along with her as her mental state continued to rapidly deteriorate; and knowing that ?

Ishtar managed two shaky steps, before falling to her knees. Then, as tears began steaming down her face; she finally broke down completely.

It was not supposed to be like this ...

After all she had been through, all she'd sacrificed. This was her reward after nearly 100,000 years of suffering.

To find out that her entire life had been one massive, carefully crafted lie.

One that had been facilitated by those who had been tasked with looking after her -- Zurvan, and Sihn -- who instead of caring for her as her Mother might have hoped, had simply acted on their own fear and selfishness. Preying upon her ignorance, her very nature, to fashion a gilded cage that she had willingly, if unknowingly, allowed herself to be confined in. The entire time possessed of the notion that she was being saved from a life of ignorance, and complacency so she could delve into the hidden secrets of the Universe. Yet looking back there was no way around it, knowing what she knew now:

Her entire life, at the very least since Zurvan had taken her on as his 'disciple', had been a subtle feedback loop of self-indoctrination and desensitization designed to turn her into the tool they needed her to be. With what had not gone to plan, simply well-acted set pieces that added layers of validity to the original lie.

After all, Zurvan said -- and had proven to her -- multiple times that he was aware of all timelines simultaneously within this universe. So he knew where they branched, flowed, and looped ... or what ripples would create more branches. Which meant he'd have known well ahead of time the paths her life would take the moment he was aware of her birth-to-be. It was no stretch of the imagination on its own knowing this, to think he could simply select which path would suit his purposes. That he had admitted to as much simply served to legitimize it further.

Her eyes widened.

Which meant ...

No ...

Zurvan had known what would happen if she were to set foot on Ilargi, countless thousands of years before he'd even sent her there. Which meant he'd known what would happen -- meeting Sekhmet, falling in love -- what that would in time lead to. Yet he'd sent her there without so much as a second thought. Even going as far as to say that it would be good for her to see a civilization that was not on the brink of desolation. So when what happened did, and in her grief and anger she departed, he'd expected it. Hoped for it, even. Knowing that when she inevitably came around again, five-thousand years after the fact, he would apologize; and simply need to act out what he had seen countless millennia beforehand ... because it would be precisely what she needed to hear to accept the lie he was peddling.

So in the end her love ... happiness ? She'd never had a choice.

In the end, it was that single realization that finally pushed her off of the cliff's edge she'd been tottering on for months: Sekhmet's death, the millions and millions she had murdered as a result, things she had experienced every horrific moment of ... had happened for no other reason because Zurvan had ensured it would.

"... not like this ..."

The color drained from Ishtar's face, and with a gag she began to convulse violently. Falling forward onto her hands she then began to heave, vomiting up something the texture of coffee grounds all over herself; and Tatenen's ruddy soil. A clear sign that now her body -- like her mind -- was beginning to tear itself apart. Of course, this was only the beginning.

"Finally, you see it ..." said an all too familiar voice.

"Please ..." the Oni begged.

Yet the voice -- that of her subconscious -- continued on, as if the Oni had never uttered a word. "How masterfully they manipulated us ... Sold us a lie on how to find balance, how to maintain it. ... stop ... please. "One you ate right up." For a time after this, there was no sound by that of the Oni's dry-heaving; broken only by shuddering sobs as she was left alone finish her descent. As with all things gold however, the silence simply did not stay.

"What would Asha'rah say now, I wonder ... seeing us so broken ?" Her shadow said softly, "would she try to comfort us ? Say that it does not matter for we did all we could tostrive? No ... I think she would gloat."

It was all the Oni could do to again attempt begging for it to stop. "Please ... not now ..."

"Not now ?" The Oni queried, with a sneer. "If not now, then when ? We are, quite literally, losing our mind ... it will not be long at all before the disassociation sets in completely." The Oni attempted to again, get her subconscious to stop; but she barely had the strength to remain upright let alone quell the voices in her head. Which prompted a sigh.

Or would we rather simply lay here and wait until there is nothing left to salvage ?"

The Oni continued to struggle, before managing a weak, "suppress ... forget ..." Which did little more than elicit a sardonic response. "Even now ... knowing that it was a means of remaining indoctrinated ... too far gone then to mend then, perhaps." The Oni realized, before seeming to recede. "I suppose there is no knowing now, until we get there." Alone again, the golden-eyed Oni now found herself struggling to remain upright. So she attempted to lean back, sit flat ... only to fail. So instead, still sobbing she tilted onto her side and curled into a ball.

It was at this point, that the Archon of Criostalach had seen enough.

It had been there watching, since Cloche had informed it of the Oni's arrival; the concern that had colored its otherwise monotone voice had expressed enough the situation. Though when it had arrived, the Oni had been far worse than it expected, rocking forwards and backwards as she vomited until there was nothing left to expel. What had compelled Criostalach to inaction however had been the way she spoke to herself. One moment a whispering monotone ... the next sardonic, and confident. Though while the topic they spoke at length over was beyond the Archon; it was plain that there seemed to be some sort of struggle taking place. Almost as if there were -- at the current moment -- two distinct personalities vying for control.

A thing any Archon was more than passingly familiar with; and with the silence now settled -- along with it the threat -- The Eldest would do what it could.

"Ishtar ?" It said, carefully, attempting to draw her attention. Yet it seemed the Oni could not hear or, or did not wish to respond. So it approached to attempt it once more, only for more of the same to be offered back in reply. Though it seemed the closer it came, the more it seemed as if the Oni was saying something; which the Archon was able to discern as it moved closer:

"Itisnotsupposedtobelikethis," over and over and over.

The Archon pulled back in shock, and surprise. Just how had it come to this ? What could have possibly ushered in this decline in by its estimation, but two full cycles of the moon ? Unsure how to proceed -- as she was not of the same mental constitution as Elementals, and thus beyond her ken -- Criostalach simply attempted to address the woman as best she could.

"Ishtar ... What was not supposed to be like this ?"

The whispered, monotonous chanting ceased uncomfortably quick. Only for the Oni to offer, in that meek, disquieting voice. "... go away ... please."

"I should think not," The Eldest said after some moments; before drawing in closer. "There is something wrong ... and I would not leave you, only for it to grow worse, whatever it is."

"... it does not matter." The Oni whispered back, "Too late for hollow offerings."

"Oh ? Why might that be ?" The Archon asked, gently, now all the more curious at the once confident Oni.

"My life ... who I am, what I have done and will do ... a fabrication. All of it determined for me at my birth. I was only ever made to believe I had an option at all."

The Archon nodded, and leaned in closer. "I see ... and learning this has caused your current state ?" It asked, only for the Oni to nod weakly to confirm it some moments later. "I see ... what do you intend to do ? A seemingly simple question, but one that seemed in the moment very, very important. Unfortunately for the Archon of Criostalach however; seemingly the wrong one.

Returning to how she was prior to speaking with the Archon, the Oni began to rock back and forth again. "Need to ... suppress ... forget."

Though as she seemed to attempt what she said, something began to go wrong. Her power level began to skyrocket as she tried to forcefully mend the damage, and as the sky began to darken and the world began to tremble; the Archon of Criostalach realized -- or at the very least assumed -- that what had happened on Ilargi was about to happen again.

Something it could not allow.

So the Archon of Criostalach extended its arm ...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Disciples of the Dragon IV: The Feathers of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Samson does so will eager steps, and it doesnÂ’t take long to find a ruined temple amidst jungle like features.

A loud cawing can be heard as a beautiful, fiery and massive, bird lands near Samson.

ItÂ’s flames wreath around it, itÂ’s wings folding in as it gazes at them.

“Zxu’ro’s true students? Then it is as I feared. I was deceived.”

It bows its head.

“An imposter came here a day ago and claimed the power and birthright here.”
    Roaring to life, the fire-wreathed bird spread its wings. The desolate island shimmered for miles around, and by the brilliance of the Phoenix's light, the sun that shone overhead seemed paltry under the red light that bathed the ancient stone and rooted trees about them in long shadows.

Despite the extensive training under Samson's careful guidance, the fire of the Phoenix was something else entirely. Where Ochazuke beheld the Guardian's presence, he was ever mindful that this, the short reminiscence, were but the embers of the spirit.

It was enough to throw Zaofan entirely as he raised his guard, but as the guardian spoke, he found his defensive posture swiftly thaw.

"An imposter? I don't understand," Zaofan said

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem stared up at the massive creature. Phoenix never did make much sense to him. If a bird that big was constantly on fire, it should be nice and crispy not mighty and majestic. Either way, there was no point in dwelling on that now, when the bird had some pertinent...and surprising information.

"Two questions....First off, an imposter?! Who the hell else knows about this?!" The Majin questioned, folding his arms as he glanced up at the Phoenix in dismay. "And secondly, if you knew you were dealing with an imposter, why didn't ya roast 'em?!"
    "Yeah, who else could it be?" Zaofan said, thumbing his chin. "Toh Magoh gave up the life, Master Eskramato wants no part in this and Dash-"

Zaofan's eyes narrowed, his head bowed silently. Ugh, I can't believe I'm on the same page as Sasheem.

"Well, I don't think the guardian here had much of a choice. You were there for two of these shrines, they're hardly at their peak at this point," he said, "Which means whoever it was must have passed the trial."

Ochazuke folded his arms, his eyes attuned to the acute matters situated within the brilliant frame of the Phoenix. "Or had otherwise proved that they were worthy indeed. It is as much a matter of skill as it is intention."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    “A fierce woman bearing the Tiger School style and some of the Crane came here. She did not seem an imposter until the end, when she fled to the Lion Shrine location after taking all the Phoenix secrets. She came saying she was Zxu’ro ‘s student.”
    "What?"

Perhaps it had been the long days that lead up to the continuation of their quest. Everything, from the shores of shattered time, to the grim road that loomed before them spoke to dark days. The Guardian Evangeline had taken it upon herself to grant the world a respite, a chance at freedom for humanity to realize its full, unshackled potential.

The corner of his lip raised in a small grin, even as a heaviness gnawed at Ochazuke at within. So she's alive.

"...Kenshiko."

Again, it seemed that past always managed to catch up with him.

"The Sergeant of the Red Raiders?" Zaofan cocked his head to the side. "I thought Meagan, Mistress and Held brought her into custody. What would she know about Zxu'ro?"

With a low grumble, Ochazuke grit his teeth. His hands fell to his sides loosely, his hands balled into fists. "Like Master Balon, she is the last master of the Tiger School. Like the guardian of this Shrine, another casualty of this senseless war..."

Swallowing hard, he blinked stiffly, before lifting his gaze back to the burning spectre before them.

"We don't have much time. The Lion Shrine, where is it?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The Phoenix gestures west.

“Under the mountains. Seek the Peak known as Caliban. The shrine is there.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Default Liberation of the Kingdom of Swampa Part 5

Somewhere on the Battlefield. Uraxat is setting up a bomb. ( Mother says that this device will decide the outcome of this war. ) Uraxat thought.

Uraxat sets up the bomb's timer. She then contacts her children over a high tech communicator." Sraxat, Craxat, Nraxat, Draxat, Fraxat, Jebediah, Eraxat, Graxat, Braxat, Pebediah, Sebediah, Haraxt, and the rest of you status report!") Uraxat said.

Meanwhile, somewhere else on the battlefield, Craxat is blasted a bunch of replitas. " I, Sraxat, Craxat, Draxat, Jebediah, Eraxat, Graxat, Braxat, Pebediah, Sebediah, Haraxt, and father are holding down the frontlines. " Craxat said.

" What about Fraxat? Where is she ?" Uraxat said.

" She ran off with a Replita. We're not sure where she is now," Craxat said.

" Dammit, what is that girl thinking? Grandmother specifically told you, girls, not empathize with the enemy," Uraxat said.

" I don't know what's going on in that head of hers mom," Craxat said.

" Someone better go find her. Also, have you sent word to Praxat to come back with the princess and reinforcements?" Uraxat said.

" Yes, I have sent a message to both Praxat and Princess Qaztoh," Craxat said.

Meanwhile, far away from the battlefield. a Toadian and a male Replita are holding hands together." This war doesn't feel right. I know you can feel it too," The Toadian said.

" Why must Toadians and Replitas fight each other? Why can't we just get along? " The Toadian said.

" Grumlock don't know, but Grumlock feels in Grumlock's heart that this war is wrong. Grumlock don't want to fight Fraxat. Fraxat has been good to Grumlock. Fraxat is Grumlock's friend," Grumlock said.

" I don't want to fight you either Grumlock," Fraxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Default Signs of Life: Dieselle

"It's time you got started," Lao Long said, "Follow me."

Heading down one of the many hallways surrounding the grand staircase, his gaze drifted to the various designs and decorum. Most curiously, hanging from the wall like a trophy, was a box of Chutes and Ladders. He was pressed to ask why a board game was held in such reverence but before he could get the words out, they had appeared to have reached their destination. It was an elevator, a mundane one but with enough decorum to put it above a simple metal box. Glancing over to his guide, Lao Long appeared to have heard his silent question.

"You were not the first to take this journey; many have tried and many have failed. Unable to return home, they remained here and created their own worlds, each layering upon the other with Arcadia serving as the bottom."

"Bottom? I saw only skies above us coming in."

"No, you saw only skies because that is how you perceived it. To apply your definition to this, you'll be going down."

"What--" Before he could say anymore, Lao Long pushed him into the elevator, whose doors shut quickly behind him. Looking to the wall panel, he found it held no button save for the down arrow, a gentle glow illuminating behind it, indicating it had been pressed without having been so. Gently did it begin to descend, yet only after a few moments did the lights flicker become completely casting him into darkness.

He couldn't be certain how long he stood in that elevator, cast in pitch black.

It hurts...

Long enough for his mind to drift back to the pain.

Yet he also felt something else, something strange for his surroundings. It was a stiff breeze, carrying with it the scent of freshly cut grass. A light shone on him from behind and when he turned, he found himself staring up at the moon. Glancing around, he recognized this place as a park...

Capital City Park...

He was unsure how he knew that only that he was familiar with this place, or at least familiar enough to name it.

"You've finally come..."

Looking in the direction of the voice, he found a young woman, seated on one of the park benches. Dressed in the school uniform of Capital City High, the girl brandished a katana in which she picked up as she rose from her seat.

"I would say it's been a while, but we never met each other... not that you would remember in your current state."

As she slowly approached, he noticed the paleness of her skin, the colorless stalks of white hair, and red irises demoting albinoism. Indeed, had they met, he was certain he wouldn't have forgotten her, or so his gut told him.

"Who are you?" He asked, "...Do... do you know who I am?"

She laughed, not to mock him, but in a way that reminded him how a parent laughed at something silly their child would say.

"My name is Dieselle Brisket. We were cousins, distant enough to where it would take over a dozen generations for our family trees to meet, yet close enough to where even I could hear his voice."

His?

He did know who she meant, and at the same time, he did. Instinctively, he knew who she was talking about and the thought of this unknown figure made his soul tremble.

"We can talk about the little stuff later," Dieselle said, her right hand reaching to the hilt of her sword, "Right now, all you need to know is how to fight."

Fight?! How was he expected to fight?!

"Don't worry, it'll come back to you. It's in our blood, after all," Her voice was comforting but only made his blood run cold as she was right in front of him, having crossed several yards without his notice. A glint of moonlight across an arc of steel followed by a cutting pain in his torso and a splatter of red across the moonlit grass. Clutching his stomach, he flung himself aside, tumbling across the ground while Dieselle flicked his blood off her blade. Surely she had disemboweled him, that cut had been too deep!

Looking down, he found no injury, save for several flashes of charred and blackened flesh.

"What?!" He hissed, rising to his feet.

"You gotta relax, we're both dead at this point... oh wait, you're still alive. I almost forgot about that."

"Wait? You're dead?"

"Yep," She said, sheathing her sword once more, not to end the fight, but rather to set up another iaijutsu strike, "Died while trying to evacuate the city during an attack. Got caught in the rubble... happened to be in-ground zero for a massive ball of energy and missile."

Another gleam of steel relieved him of his left arm as he could simultaneously hear it hit the ground with a wet thud and yet still feel his arm attached to his body without harm.

"Before I died, I saw you... or rather him possessing you." She said with a gentle smile, flicking the blood off her blade before readying it again, "I know it's crazy, but I was a bit jealous." She attacked again, her blade accelerating out of its scabbard towards him. This time, however, he saw it and instinctively stepped aside to evade it.

"Good, I was beginning to worry."

Stopping in mid-swing, she released the hold from her sword before grabbing it in a stabbing grip, driving it into his side. He could feel it slide through inbetween his ribs before peeking out the other side of his chest.

"As one of our blood, I was born broken. The sunlight blinded me, burned my flesh within minutes of contacts, others stared at my appearance, but I could have accepted that. It was the fact I could not produce ki that drove me into despair." Grabbing the dull side of her katana with her free hand, she yanked with both tearing her sword from his chest. Collapsing to one knee, his hand rose to his injury, only to find it once more nonexistent. Still, the pain had been real.

It hurts...

"Had I not known of our history, I might have lived a normal life..." Dieselle mused, looking to the blood staining her pale hand, "... but his voice was both my salvation and my damnation. He was the one who encouraged me to overcome my flaws, he was the one who gave me a dream worth fighting for... yet in the end, all I was to him was a side-project, a temporary bit of amusement."

Rising to both feet once more, she realized she had been rambling to someone who lacked the context of her words. Another swing of her sword brought her blade towards his head, yet this time, he caught it with his bare hand. Sparks of steel scraping against something made him realize he felt no pain from this when surely he would have previously lost his fingers. Incredulously, he looked to his hand and found it encased in an unseen shimmer.

Why was he surprised? He thought, after all, he had used this technique countless times to protect his hands.

Wait, what?

"Nice, you're recalling how to control your chi. Now I can stop holding back..."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Yeah, who else could it be?" Zaofan said, thumbing his chin. "Toh Magoh gave up the life, Master Eskramato wants no part in this and Dash-"

Zaofan's eyes narrowed, his head bowed silently. Ugh, I can't believe I'm on the same page as Sasheem.

"Well, I don't think the guardian here had much of a choice. You were there for two of these shrines, they're hardly at their peak at this point," he said, "Which means whoever it was must have passed the trial."
    "Have you been huffing fumes?" Sasheem sneered, picking his ear. "Sasheem's the last practitioner of the Snake. Doesn't matter if that's his fault or not, he deserves to fave these trials as much as you two. ....And Sasheem's probably more qualified anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “A fierce woman bearing the Tiger School style and some of the Crane came here. She did not seem an imposter until the end, when she fled to the Lion Shrine location after taking all the Phoenix secrets. She came saying she was Zxu’ro ‘s student.”

Ochazuke folded his arms, his eyes attuned to the acute matters situated within the brilliant frame of the Phoenix. "Or had otherwise proved that they were worthy indeed. It is as much a matter of skill as it is intention."

"What?"

Perhaps it had been the long days that lead up to the continuation of their quest. Everything, from the shores of shattered time, to the grim road that loomed before them spoke to dark days. The Guardian Evangeline had taken it upon herself to grant the world a respite, a chance at freedom for humanity to realize its full, unshackled potential.

The corner of his lip raised in a small grin, even as a heaviness gnawed at Ochazuke at within. So she's alive.

"...Kenshiko."

Again, it seemed that past always managed to catch up with him.

"The Sergeant of the Red Raiders?" Zaofan cocked his head to the side. "I thought Meagan, Mistress and Held brought her into custody. What would she know about Zxu'ro?"

With a low grumble, Ochazuke grit his teeth. His hands fell to his sides loosely, his hands balled into fists. "Like Master Balon, she is the last master of the Tiger School. Like the guardian of this Shrine, another casualty of this senseless war..."

Swallowing hard, he blinked stiffly, before lifting his gaze back to the burning spectre before them.

"We don't have much time. The Lion Shrine, where is it?"
    "So, basically this is your fault," Sasheem decided, shaking his head at Ochazuke. "But....she's the last of the Tiger so, Sasheem supposes she isn't an imposter per se. Still a thief, though."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Prelude to Tundra: The Mysterious Letchee

Letchee chuckled mirthfully. “Not at all. Our Lord has many, many more important things to do than entertain his attention with weak fools such as the apes that infest this planet.” He shook his head, as if listening to a child talk about nothing. “Now then, enough pleasantries.”

Parsley narrowed her eyes. “Planning on killing us, hm? You'll find that task far more difficult than your attitude indicates you believe.”

“Hm?” He shared a glance with Daroga. “Princess Parsley. I once believed that those foolish Tuffles had done you in. Glad to see I was right, for a time anyway.”

She snorted. “Enough pleasantries.”

Sarada attacked first, firing a blast at Letchee, then leaping to engage Daroga. Parsley dashed to handle Letchee.

He was twice as strong as she was. She was going to have a much easier time with him than Sarada seemed to be having with the other one, but she proceeded with caution. His race was a mystery. He appeared to be some kind of elf, but there were dozens of elf-like races in the universe.

“Imagine my surprise, actually staring someone once dead in the face,” Letchee commented while dancing around her attempted strikes.

It hadn't escaped her notice what he admitted moments ago. That this Tundra was behind the Tuffles' initial attack on Turrip and their genocide. Meaning she had Tundra to blame for her death at their hands, and the subsequent suffering and mental anguish she had been feeling ever since her resurrection.

She gritted her teeth and burst forward. Prodigy's Talent was initiated to double her power to an even keep with his. When she met him, they traded blows, the collisions of their fists creating shockwaves as they flitted throughout the city.

She had initially thought herself in possession of an advantage. He appeared to not have legs. That notion was quickly disavowed when the clothes that spiraled down from around her waist unwrapped and bound her hands together. He did have legs, but they ended in stumps halfway down his shins. “An unfortunate incident, this body suffered some years ago,” he spoke cryptically. “I myself was about to die in that very same incident he and I shared. Thanks to his incessant screaming, I was able to live. He, on the other hand, wasn't so fortunate.” He shrugged and ducked under her punch to knee her in the stomach. “Oh well. No one remembers his face, nor will anyone ever see it.”

Something wasn't adding up with his story, but she couldn't stop to figure it out. It sounded like he somehow swapped bodies with the man, but that wasn't possible. There wasn't even a taste of magic in him. “Unfortunate,” she remarked back. “To survive then only to throw your life away now.”

“Hmph. I doubt I have anything to fear from the likes of you!” Their dance continued unabated.

In all this time, he hadn't projected ki once. He had a power level, so she knew that he at least had ki. Interesting. I wonder if he knows how to actually use it. It wasn't a skill that came inherently to a lot of races. In fact, she was only aware of a few that just knew how to use and manipulate ki in the manner that Saiyans could. Those being Namekians and Frost Demons.

All the better for her. She decided to end this quickly and then help Sarada with Daroga. Prodigy's Talent was pushed further, increasing her base power by a measure of four to increase her battle power to 6M. At that moment, she was as strong as the dragon, and quickly turned the tides of battle. “How strange. I believe you ignorant of the ways of ki in combat.”

She grabbed Letchee's punch and pulled him into a knee to the abdomen, then kicked him to the street below. Any attempt to advance and press her advantage was cut short. The Dragon's Scream echoed through the battlefield and knocked Parsley out of the air. She gritted her teeth together and clapped her hands over her ears in a vain, feeble attempt to protect her hearing. On the bright side, Letchee was just as affected as she was.

When the scream was cut off and Sarada's beating began anew, Parsley shakily rose to her feet and turned to face her opponent. She growled and pushed Prodigy's Talent to times six, pushing her power to beyond her Super Saiyan strength. She was three times as strong as Letchee, and intended on making him regret his nonchalant attitude.

She blurred behind him and planted her fist in where his kidney should have been. When he grunt, she spun and around him kicked him in the chin, then kneed him on the top of his head.

He let out a startled and pained grunt, only to fly back when she elbowed him in the chest. She could feel his bones cracking under the immense pressure of her onslaught. It felt heavenly, for her; she imagined it was quite unenjoyable for him.

She quickly advanced on him and laid into him. His body crumbled under her heavy blows, his mask cracking to the point that pieces of it were falling away, revealing his true face. She saw flashes of burnt, blackened flesh. The wounds looked relatively recent, perhaps two or so years old.

She finished her assault with a powerful punch to his gut that doubled him over like a cheap tent, then an elbow to the back of the head.

He fell to his hands and knees, breathing shakily and bleeding profusely. “You... you have won... nothing!”

She reached her hand out to him and prepared an energy blast to vaporize him. “Defiant and in denial until the very end, eh?”

Letchee raised his head enough to look forward. He saw, and Parsley felt, Sarada turned into a Super Saiyan. Hearing Daroga's confirmation, he started laughing. “Ahahaha! Your sister just saved your life, simpleton. For now, anyway.”

She made the mistake of turning her head to see what he meant. He saw Sarada belting out a yell and charging at the then weaker Daroga to finish him off. Something isn't right. They both knew what Super Saiyan was, yet somehow felt even more confidence than before. Her eyes narrowed, the narrowing vision of Observational Focus showing her what she was missing. Then, she saw it; an odd energy she had never seen before swirling around Letchee. It swirled upward and into an peculiar device – a pink sphere with two gold arrows levitating around it. “Wha—”

“CHANGE!! The sphere shot out a pair of white beams. One hit Parsley in the mouth, the other hitting Sarada. “NOW!!”

The orb flashed, then everything went dark. Parsley felt herself having some kind of out of body experience. It was somewhat similar to when she died; everything was dark and cold before she felt nothing and found herself in Otherworld. This time, everything went dark and cold, then she found herself... looking at Daroga.

Her eyes widened. Behind him was... herself and Letchee. Or a clone? What the hell?! “What the hell?” she asked. Or... Sarada did? It was her that said it, even though Parsley had thought it and opened her mouth to say it. She looked around to find her, but only found The Dragon's fist as he suckerpunched her.

Her lights went out, consciousness left her completely. She careened into the other Parsley (?), knocking their heads together and knocking her unconscious too.

The two laid in a heap. The Super Saiyan glow faded into nothingness.

Daroga helped Letchee to his feet, then pointed at a random Saiyan. “Inform your Queen when she awakens. In around one year, give or take, Lord Tundra himself with arrive to this world to finish what we started. Know that the Saiyan race will not survive his attention. Cherish your final days.”

“Tata, fools.” Letchee bowed just before the two vanished. Quickly after, their ships ascended into the sky and departed.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 10-17-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

There, set upon the peak in the distance. Set against the howling snowstorm, the burning grey pronounced a maculate spot.

"I've found him."

But then there was something else. Twisting towards that same peak, the energy embedded deep within the Earth had been embedded with something else. Cold, exposed, as if plucked from drowning, the spirit of this place carried a foul resonance despite the omnipresent chill where the spirits of the departed lay.

But they were not dead.

"...be on your guard," Ochazuke said. "We're not alone. There is something watching us."

"Uh...guys..." Zaofan held Bojack at the ready. Despite his training, he felt a chill spread through him. "Guys! It's...it's looking at me."

Ochazuke slowly turned to match his Martial Brother's line of sight. A barely humanoid shape, drifting.

Zaofan's eyes widened. Completely beside himself, he nervously hailed the entity with a raised hand.

"Hello there! Nice night for a walk!"

He'd seen a handful of gods. A demon that ate through a katchin floor. Shot an optic blast at a fixture of fragmented Time.

These were all things he could make sense of, thanks to the guidance of the others. But this...

Please don't be evil, please don't be evil.
    The glowing form stepped inside, its full silhouette now visible.

"Hello, nice night for a walk." The voice answered back, the pitch seemed to warble a little....but there was a vaguely feminine tone to it. "......."

The form shimmers a moment, as if suddenly registering something strange. It steps in a little closer. "Are you alive?"

At this range, Zaofan can begin to see something more solid beneath the glow. The vague shape of a young woman. "Are you guests?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "The power here was never mine to take." The man responded, giving the reptile a moment of silence as examined the remains. "The history....the lessons to be taken from the fall of this place. Those are worth more then power. But this....this is something deeper rooted."

The man seemed to ponder a moment, then looked up to Rex. "It would seem you've no love for them, no more then I....perhaps we can find mutual footing on that premise."

Engrevain wheeled himself forward, until he was within arms reach of Rex. "I have a proposal for your consideration....My guide has scouted the lands ahead, and knows from where the beasts are flowing from. They are a danger to us, and a blight upon your land....but we alone do not have the power to fight more then a few at a time. We are weak, but you are strong. We can show you the way, and...in return....we only ask for safe passage in your lands until our business is concluded....and I swear to take nothing that does not belong to me. Only knowledge." He man, in a rather brave act, offers his hand.
    As much as he enjoyed the pleas and flattery, Rex could not help but laugh at the old man. Perhaps to humans, Engrevain's diplomacy would have been flawless, but Rex was no human.

"You presume your importance, old man," The saurian said, voice still tinged with amusement, "I do not need your scouts, nor your knowledge. I could simply remove these lands from the Earth as easily as your fragile hands could prune an unwanted branch from a tree."

Seizing the man's hand, Rex proceeded to lift Engrevain out from his wheelchair, dangling in the cold air before the others.

"Despite this, you do have some importance," Dropping the man back into his seat, he glanced to the others, "All of you will bear witness to the sins of those before you... and their consequences. In return for the safety I provide you will warn the rest so that no one else will forget the follies of Avalon."

Zaofan's mind was as slow to process as the globular panacea that sat like a lead ball in his gut, and before he knew it, he felt the cup bounce off his crown and the confection run slowly down one side of his head.

He'd yet to completely grasp the situation. Where are we? Despite the howl of the wind through the ruins, the remainder of the toxin captured and working through his body left him feeling half awake. Only the wind howled in response, snowflakes carried upon its icy gob. ...why are we...?

But he'd picked up preternaturally that there was somehow food involved. Wasted food. "Rex...?"

By the fire's light reflected against the white of the now, it seemed as if an unsightly gash had spread over his temple and bled out over his ear. Swiping a fingerful, the wind cooled it to a crisp shell; dabbing it into his mouth, tears slowly spread to the corners of his eyes.

"Charco."

Ochazuke pressed his hand against the snows. Any return to this forsaken continent will always come far too soon. So would be the reemergence of that damned saurian and the hoary veil he left in his wake. "So long as the vessel still can draw a breath, so there remains a chance." Yet even as he spoke the words, his eyes only hardened, and his frown deepened.

In an instant, he threw his ki to augment his sense; Kyokushin Keiihatsu, the expansion of his meditational sense-awareness, traced the energies gathered about the blasted tundra. The subtle skill, resonating with the spirit that stirred in the Earth around them, reached deep into the environs, and with Muhen Seikai Keihatsu Ochazuke increased the breadth of his surveillance.

After some time of popping frozen pudding under his tongue, Zaofan groggily stood to his feet, stretching with a great yawn to pull himself out of his fading cognizance.

"I...ah...never really got to thank you. For saving my life, I mean" he stumbled as he looked over to Shochu, a loose, dopey smile spreading under his glassy eyes. "So, thank you. I'll whip you up something nice..."

Zaofan's eyes drift as he spoke, looking past the ruin archway at the stalking figure.

"Once... once we get..." Yet it seemed as soon as that shape appeared, it brightened. Then faded, and slowly moved outside of the ruin. Zaofan's jaw slowly dropped, his voice falling to a whisper.

"...ghost?"
    "I know just the dish!" Shōchū said, perhaps a bit too cheerfully. As soon as they left her mouth, she frowned somewhat before correcting herself, "I mean... I would appreciate that."

The death of her Zaofan, although years ago, was still fresh to her. If the temptation to imprint him onto this timeline's Zaofan grew too strong, she would have to mute her emotional organic mind when in contact with him.

Her visual indicators told her that another had approached... or not? Confused, she followed Zaofan's gaze.

Beyond the tiny collection of ruins, the only landmark of note that Shōchū could make out from a brief scan of the environment was a large peak off in the distance. Before it, was nothing but wasteland, sickened dead trees speckled here and there with the occasional ruin of something poking from the snow.

The darkness made it difficult to see anything else....save perhaps the flickering of some far off lights. A reflection of star light off the snow perhaps....or something more.

Ochazuke however, was digging deeper then the facade offered by the frozen land.

Underneath, Ochazukes senses briefly made contact with latent energies flowing beneath the ground.....and his skin crawled. It was everywhere, stretching on for miles.....like a network of veins under a pale white skin. Spiritual energy, corrupted by negative emotions and forces still alien to him. The souls of untold multitudes that had perished here in an age long past.

All flowing towards the mountain in the distance.....from which he can also detect the a faint but familiar reptilian taint.

As his senses reach further and deeper.....he feels something below take notice.

As if responding to his voice, the vague shape of a human head peers around the corner of the door. Zaofan can make out human features, but only barely from his distance. He can't be sure....but it seems like its looking straight at him.
    It was interesting to see her computerized sensors try and make heads or tails of this, as they could detect something but could not provide any details other than multiply queries. Her organic mind had a few ideas, but it was difficult to put just a single answer to all these questions. In the end, she simply went off Zaofan's guess, "...a ghost...?"

There, set upon the peak in the distance. Set against the howling snowstorm, the burning grey pronounced a maculate spot.

"I've found him."

But then there was something else. Twisting towards that same peak, the energy embedded deep within the Earth had been embedded with something else. Cold, exposed, as if plucked from drowning, the spirit of this place carried a foul resonance despite the omnipresent chill where the spirits of the departed lay.

But they were not dead.

"...be on your guard," Ochazuke said. "We're not alone. There is something watching us."

"Uh...guys..." Zaofan held Bojack at the ready. Despite his training, he felt a chill spread through him. "Guys! It's...it's looking at me."

Ochazuke slowly turned to match his Martial Brother's line of sight. A barely humanoid shape, drifting.

Zaofan's eyes widened. Completely beside himself, he nervously hailed the entity with a raised hand.

"Hello there! Nice night for a walk!"

He'd seen a handful of gods. A demon that ate through a katchin floor. Shot an optic blast at a fixture of fragmented Time.

These were all things he could make sense of, thanks to the guidance of the others. But this...

Please don't be evil, please don't be evil.
    The glowing form stepped inside, its full silhouette now visible.

"Hello, nice night for a walk." The voice answered back, the pitch seemed to warble a little....but there was a vaguely feminine tone to it. "......."

The form shimmers a moment, as if suddenly registering something strange. It steps in a little closer. "Are you alive?"

At this range, Zaofan can begin to see something more solid beneath the glow. The vague shape of a young woman. "Are you guests?"
    In the face of uncertainty, she readied her Tentsukuroibō, only a mental gesture away from bringing forth the naginata blade hidden in the staff. Despite this, it seemed the apparent ghost wasn't hostile, not yet.

"Were you expecting guests?" Shōchū asked, answering a question with a question hoping to glean some answers with the spirit's response.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Later, Sonata Tosses Qaztoh into the engine room of the ship." Now get to work. I want the hyper-drive up and running. Also, turn on the cloaking and shield defense," Sonata said.

" Sure I'll get on it, Captain," Qaztoh said. ( Like hell, I will you F#$king bastard. I'm not taking orders from you,) Qaztoh thought.

(Not after how you treated me, You may be stronger than me, tougher than me, but I'm smarter than you. I know pretty much how every single piece of technology on this ship works. I'll teach you to stomp me in the face bastard ) Qaztoh thought.

After Sonata leaves, Qaztoh takes out her cellphone and uses it to hack into the Black Diamond's mainframe. She goes to work. Shutting down the ship's defenses and halting its speed. She gives her self total access to the ship's communication line, etc.

She uses the ship's communication line to broadcast the ship's coordinates. On the Lookout, Praxat gets a ring on her cell phone and sees something strange. As on her phone, she sees what looks like a bunch of numbers.

Nadila gets the same thing on her phone. " and shows it to Blizzar." I just got this on my phone. I believe Qaztoh has broadcast Sonata and his crew's coordinates," Nadila said.
    The pilot was right. When the co-pilot contacted Sarada and filled her in, she told them to continue their pursuit. However, by the time they got that command, the ship was long gone. It wasn't until hours later that Sarada's ship received what looked like a set of coordinates. She frowned. "Enter them into the map."

They pulled up a relatively small, stationary object.

"That could be the ship." She rubbed her chin. There was no real way to determine from there if it was, or if it was something else. It could have been a trap. "Send three ships to check it out. Have them report back when they find it."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Two ships guarding hers, plus the original ship who discovered this, activated their hyperdrive thrusters and took off in pursuit of the coordinates.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A pulse of old magic, pre Earth magic, magic older then Universe 15 ripples and the entire crowd around Grinthorn falls to the ground, unconscious.

The President is unharmed, tilts his head to the side and looks at the Salesman.

“All sorts of stupid, aren’t you? A clause in my binding: anyone tries to harm me, well, their intent is turned back on them. It’s why the last time they went after my dragonballs instead.”

He steps out of the unconscious pile and moves like a predator towards the other man, the smile growing a bit wider, eyes faintly glowing.

“Avalon? Ahh, a wretched hive of stupidity and bigotry now. What a shame. Felled by an angry dinosaur long ago and silenced for thousands upon thousands of years. Paltry magic for a paltry place that should stay dead. Tell your would be ‘guardian’ that the world doesn’t need your ilk anymore. Our current batch of magicians is more than fine. Avalon should stay in the ground where it belongs.”

His grin widens unnaturally so.

“Unless you really think you can take me out? Shall we see? Give me your best shot.”
    "You presume quite a lot......A cripping flaw for an immortal. The warning has been given, I have no further business with you."

The Saleman tipped his hat, and seemed to start turning to leave.

".....on the other hand......you did offer, my best was it? Hehehe...."

The ground shifted under Grinthorns feet, space twisted and warping, the skies blackened and for a faint moment darkness closed in from all sides until nothing was visible save the discolored earth beneath the presidents feet.

Then a massive grin parted the darkness.

"YOU COULDN'T AFFORD MY BEST IF YOU REAPED THE SOULS OF EVERY WHELP THIS WORD HAD TO OFFER A THOUSAND TIMES OVER, DRAGONKIN." Dark void energy coalesced in an orb shaped shell around the man, along with shades of illusion magic so potent it was difficult to pierce through what was real and what wasn't. "But if you want a handout.....Ehehe...." His massive fingers began to close, feeding the bubble of void and shrinking it in around him.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 10-17-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The pilot was right. When the co-pilot contacted Sarada and filled her in, she told them to continue their pursuit. However, by the time they got that command, the ship was long gone. It wasn't until hours later that Sarada's ship received what looked like a set of coordinates. She frowned. "Enter them into the map."

They pulled up a relatively small, stationary object.

"That could be the ship." She rubbed her chin. There was no real way to determine from there if it was, or if it was something else. It could have been a trap. "Send three ships to check it out. Have them report back when they find it."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Two ships guarding hers, plus the original ship who discovered this, activated their hyperdrive thrusters and took off in pursuit of the coordinates.

Meanwhile, on Planet Vumpu. Marsrito gets a set of coordinates on a radar-like device he's holding in his right hand." ( Hmm, the coordinates it could be the Black Diamond, but Just who in the hell sent them,) Marsrito thought.

(Anyways, it doesn't really matter who sent them. I will follow these coordinates. If they can lead me to those pirates, then I will extract my wrath upon them. No one kidnaps my son and gets away with it,") Marasito thought.

Marasito gets into an impressive ship and heads to the coordinates. Meanwhile, on the Black Diamond. Pyrrhos has a chat with Sonata." Sonata, I don't think it was wise," Pyrrhos said.

" To beat up the one person who literally knows how every single piece of technology on this ship works. In my opinion. You shouldn't have done that," Pyrrhos said.

Sonata just scoffs at this," So what? That Toadian is too afraid of me to do anything. She knows what will happen if she tries to pull a fast one on me," Sonata said.

" I not so sure about that. There's a saying. A cornered snake can only be pressured so far until it bites back," Pyrrhos said.

My Forum check it out

Default Prelude to Tundra: A Horrifying Predicament

A few hours had passed by the time Sarada came to. She winced and rubbed her head. “Ugh, my head,” Parsley groaned. “What happened?”

Apparently her sister had just woken up also. “No clue,” Parsley answered.

Wait.

Sarada could have sworn she had just said that, yet, Parsley... “Parsley?” Parsley called out.

“Sarada,” Sarada answered.

“By the gods!” a nearby doctor exclaimed. “What the hell is going on?!”

She glanced at him and saw him staring at her, wide-eyed and mouth slightly agape. She also noticed that there was a mirror on the wall behind him. She shot out of bed and ran to the mirror.

Parsley's face was staring back at her. It mimicked her every move. It was like this was some sick joke. “What... what the **** is going—” She gasped. She was Parsley?!

How?! When?! Why?!

“When I was fighting the elf,” S̶a̶r̶a̶d̶a̶ Parsley recounted, “he mentioned an accident he survived some time ago. It sounded like he was insinuating that he somehow managed to swap bodies with the other person with him and that was how he survived.”

Hearing Parsley speaking with her voice – in that calm, analytical tone – was chilling and weird. She had never talked that way before in her entire life. Never.

“I believe,” she continued, “that our predicament has something to do with that artifact that he had with him.” She picked up a piece of paper from a nearby table and handed it to her. It was a near perfect drawing of the sphere Letchee had with him, complete with expert coloring.

“The energy I observed around it wasn't like anything I've ever seen before. It wasn't ki, magic, or even Hakai or Creation energy. Whatever it was must have been something unique to him,” she concluded.

Sarada's hands started to tremble. She didn't like where this was going. “W-what are you trying to say?”

Parsley sighed heavily. “That I'm not sure how we're going to reverse this, outside of the dragonballs.”

She felt the strength leave her legs. She stumbled, but managed to catch herself and slowly ease back down onto the bed. “No,” she whispered. This was not happening. It wasn't possible. This was not how her life was going to go until the day she drew her last breath. “NO!”

It only then, right that moment, occurred to her how high-pitched Parsley's voice was. Her defiant refusal to accept her current predicament sounded more like a shrill screech, rather than the throaty growl her normal voice could muster.

Parsley sighed and moved to sit down next to her. “This isn't something I enjoy, either. But, we'll just have to deal with it for now. Until we can either find a means of reversing this ourselves or use the dragonballs.”

“I don't want to keep using those as a crutch,” she answered. “We'll just have to figure this out ourselves.”

Parsley nodded and stood up, only to then freeze in her tracks.

Avoca was standing in the doorway, both of their children in her arms. “Yeah, yeah, I'm late.” Walking briskly, she approached and leaned down to give “Parsley” a deep kiss. “I've missed you, babe.” She smiled mischievously and handed the two babies to “Sarada”. “Get lost, Queeny, so I can show my wife what I learned.”

It had been a long while since she and Avoca last kissed. She left her thoughts on the matter at that, since she was pretty sure Parsley could hear her internal narration. “Um, okay. We need to talk. In short, I'm Sarada. Me and Parsley got body swapped by some elf guy who attacked us with a six-armed dragon about,” she looked at the clock, “four hours ago. We don't know how to turn ourselves back to normal.”

Avoca stared at her like she was speaking a foreign language. Her eyes cut between her and Parsley. “Man, what the ****?” She looked at her true wife, in the body of her best friend – and ex-lover – and sighed deeply and profoundly. “No. No fucking way. This is fucking bullshit. I have literally been waiting six months with three men that I'm certain were just figments of my imagination to get back to my wife and you come at me with this bullshit? No. No, **** this.”

“Hey, you act like we planned this,” Parsley objected. “We'll just... we'll just have to deal with it until we figure out a solution.”

Oh, Kami, Ishtar! It only just then occurred to her that when Ishtar returned, the exact same scenario – albeit with far less cursing – was going to ensue. Not to mention the fact that sex was not going to happen; not while she was trapped in her sister's body. The very thought of it made her physically ill.

“And what in the meantime?” Avoca asked. “I can't keep waking up to that face every morning.”

“The hell is that supposed to mean?!” Sarada demanded.

Avoca would have answered had Mais not started crying.

“He's hungry,” Parsley said.

Sarada wondered why she was looking at her. “...okay? Hurry up and feed him.”

“He still runs on breast milk.”

“...” That was why.

At seeing Sarada's defiant face, she frowned. “You're their mother now, Sarada. Me doing it now may screw them up too much. Now pop your breast out and feed my son.” She rose off the bed and started to walk out. “I need to speak with Maiz. I'll see you later.” She gave Garnish to Avoca, then left.

Sarada's face soured. She didn't want to, but Parsley sounded upset so she didn't want to make it any worse. “Goddamn it.”

She was stuck in her sister's body, with her sister-in-law giving her reluctant bedroom eyes and her nephew sucking on her titty. This entire situation was the fucking worst.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!