Page 37 of 294 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Four hours later after cleaning her jobox's energy stabilizers. Praxat is doing research on the electromagnetic spectrum, and video processing & image processing. " This latest line of CPUs and GPUs are excellent, but the latest format of data storage doesn't have enough room for my needs, and it's not small enough," Praxat said.

Praxat looks at the latest video processors. " These processors show promise with excellent black levels, gamma, contrast, hue, saturation, sharpness adjustments. They have excellent frame rate conversion, color point conversion, color space conversion, and motion compensation. Still, only a few video processors out now are close to showing the full range of colors I'm able to see, " Praxat said.

Praxat continues her research." Technically I'm capable of seeing a wider range of colors than a human. My ability to detect blue light is far better than a human's, and I can see color even in what a human would consider being pitch black. Not to mention that my field of view is much larger than a human's," Praxat said.

Praxat looks through a couple of video processors as she does her research." With me being able to see almost 360 degrees. Which pretty much allows me to see stuff that is behind me save for one blind spot. Also, only a few processors here on Earth have what I consider acceptable frame rates for me," Praxat said.

Praxat looks at video frame rates. " Most have frame rates that are acceptable to humans, but not to me. Frame rates that are acceptable to humans hurt my eyes and don't look like motion to me. I required around five hundred frames per second to perceive what I view as a moving picture," Praxat said.

Praxat then focuses on researching more on the electromagnetic spectrum." I really don't like watching Earth movies. Seeing pictures on Earth screens just looks like a slide show made up of a sequence of static images to me. So the picture and recording mod is out of the question. Which means I'm better off focusing on the X-Ray vision mod," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-17-2019 at 11:17 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As she beckoned, he would follow. Even in the state it was in, the shape of the semicircular foyer remained the same concave hollow. Their footsteps echoed, bounding between the layers of modular reinforcements in the walls until they exit the ruin above. The violent ruby leapt from the Alternate Zaofan's vision so recently, and yet just ahead the path their steps traced, the idle scent of every stock, seared meat and staple of that expansively catered luncheon lift in his memory. All set upon the amphitheatre stage for the Guardian Evangeline's chosen. Was the fracture of Time too, part of the divine structure?

The elevator came swiftly, and as the doors slid open, to Ochazuke this, too, was entirely too spacious. He stepped in with Gero and Wilhelm, standing with his back to the door. He felt the initial lurch of the lift before its trajectory smoothed.

The three of them were sealed within an uncomfortably slow descent. Like that sterilized, sunless world, every breath dragged itself and bristled.

"...he's put a lot of faith in you. Pantaloon." The coldness of Char's grasp carried with them the pulse of something dreadfully familiar. "How did you come to meet him?"
    “A science convention about five years back. Since then we’ve been sounding boards for each other’s work. He’s better at spatial reasoning and psychics, I’m better at cybernetics and biology. Normally we would’t have much in common, but Adam is a wonder and the issue with young Karis is...unique. I must say that dear Wilhelm here, despite his clear soldier background, is quite an intelligent and promising scientist in his own right.”

Wilhelm actually shifts and looks...bashful? No, more shy at the praise perhaps.

“Long time.....to myself. Self...taught.....a lot of things. Had to.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    With the destruction of the electric bindings, Charco's mind recovered and with it, the realization of why these shards of teal "crystal" were familiar.

They were his, his ki.

A side effect of his attempts to reproduce Penhuoqi's Thyreophora, these had been remnants of what energy hadn't gone into the TyrannoTitan Blast. Scooping up a handful, he crushed them, returning them to their original state, the destruction ki slithering around his hand and forearm like spectral serpents.

"Hey, me," He called out to the saurian Charco, "Did you ever train with old man Poepayne in this timeline?"

It was surprisingly easy to draw out enough motivation to dip into the well of emotional energy, the power of hate beginning to draw in the Oni like a blackhole greedily slurping at the surrounding cosmos.
    Deputy Charco nods.

“Yep. Hated it too, but it was worth it. Why?”

Marduk meanwhile seems to set himself as a crimson aura surrounds him, resisting the pull.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem briefly turns into his Katchin form as he breaks off the game of high-speed majin pinball and zips around to land atop, and subsequently crush, the skull of one of the assembled goons with his Destroyer's Elbow!

"Gonna warn ya right now..." Sasheem sneered at the assembled foes. "Might wanna sound the retreat."

Majin Metabolism Activated

Current Power Level: 5,500,000

Time Remaining: 3 posts
    The one dies instantly.

The others pause, then all fire simultaneously at Sasheem.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    For Ishtar, the effects weren't immediate.

One heartbeat ticked by, and the glowing-horn Oni watched as her counterpart dodged the blast that had been levied against her in a swirling hoary mist; and for a moment the Oni wondered if she had been building this all up in her head far more than she should have ... Then another heartbeat happened, and another, further cementing Ishtar's concern. So it came as some great surprise when, without warning, pain came flooding in.

"Ah ..."

Clutching at her chest with ragged breaths forced through clenched teeth, she found at least -- despite the pain -- some solace in the familiarity. In the end the pain did not last long however, and without warning it receded back from where it had spilled forth. Before Ishtar could express any kind of concern however, she felt it. A slow, almost melodic pulse of something she'd only ever felt a trickle of before ... and she understood what it meant as much, or more, as she understood how and why civilizations rose and fell:

The inevitable had come at last ... and with it, a night to remember.

And as the energy she'd once found herself all but deathly afraid of welled up from a now unblocked source to permeate the very fiber of her being; Ishtar looked up at her counterpart and flashed a humorless smile as her own Hakai enveloped her.

Now, fully transformed -- as she had been on a night five thousand one-hundred and twenty two years ago -- the golden-eyed Oni took a moment then to glance down at her transformation, taking stock of the changes and their similarities to the state she'd seen, previous; and for the first time in a great while three words were offered at the sight of herself. "How passing strange ..." In the end however, it mattered little. The time for care and concern for her own well-being had come and gone the moment she'd stepped through the RoSaT Time Gate; and with it any notion of surviving this counter -- if she managed such at all -- unchanged. So she looked up once more, and finally acknowledged herself.

"Playing for keeps ?" Ishtar replied, almost mockingly as she took a step towards her doppelgänger, the icy floor beneath her buckling under an unseen strain. "No ... we are well past keeps." With an almost effortless motion then the where once Ishtar had been standing exploded outward in a spray of rapidly disintegrating ice shards as the now transformed Oni launched herself at the Goddess of Ruination; appearing before her opposite in a flash before Hakai-tipped claws sliced through the air and towards the Oni-Alter's throat.
    The Goddess of Ruination dodges.

But only just.

An inch, a head jerked back, and Ishtar just misses. The Goddess retaliates with an uppercut that sends Ishtar into the ceiling if it lands, Vitalmancy greedily pulling at Ishtar’s energy, trying to drain it towards the Goddess.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    With battle now joined between the various forms of Erosa and the upper end of the ship defenders, Parley was hopefully clear to handle getting the nexus...but in the midst of the carnage, a spark of inspiration was found from the unlikeliest of sources.

The Youngest Erosa, despite her appearance, was intelligent enough to know they were fighting aboard a space boat....and boats had wheels to control them. Somewhere on this boat was a bridge with a wheel, and all she had to do was get to it and she could fly the boat.

The thought now fully rooted in her young, overexcited head...Baby Erosa dropped what she was doing, honed in on where there were power levels that were't in combat with one of her forms as the most likely place, and headed straight there.
    It takes several minutes, but she finds herald on the bridge with only one crewman, some weird bird looking humanoid.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Pocketing in capsules several items, including the two bottles, Cyanna takes a close look at the axe. She wasn't interested in a weapon for herself, but perhaps someone else might find it useful, and she had someone in mind.

Swinging the axe at a nearby wall, she tested it out to see if it was worth keeping.
    The axe, when swung, neatly bisects the wall like a hot knife through butter.

It is far, far sharper than anything she’s seen before.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    To make matters worse, the abomination could also turn Super Saiyan. Normally, Parsley would have been more cautious when fighting a creature of a similar power to hers. Now, she smiled and let her aura flare like a star in the night sky. "You're an abomination. A disgrace to both your races," she spoke. "I'll enjoy killing you." With that, she launched forward toward File.

As she flew, her aura shifted, turning sharper until it resembled a massive serrated buzzsaw. When she made contact, the aura cut into File like a knife, cutting and tearing into his flesh.
    Only for File to disappear, his form an afterimage.

A massive punch lands to the back of her head from behind, almost knocking her unconscious.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Her attacks passed right through him. Sarada took note of his intangibility, since she already had a counter for that if it became a bigger problem in the near future. For now, she focused on the sword. She wasn't sure if it was just an average sword or had some sort of magical properties, but it would make a nice display for her throne.

He had to get in close to swing his sword in an attempt to decapitate her. When she saw the blade coming, she duck and moved forward under his swing. She then activated a shield against his midsection to throw him off balance.
    He is thrown off balance, though when she shoves him he feels....heavier than he should.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It takes several minutes, but she finds herald on the bridge with only one crewman, some weird bird looking humanoid.
    The child Erosa examined the alien and activated her Hunter-Killer cloak, stalking closer like a wild animal....sizing up her prey, and his power before decided what she'll do next. At the same time she let her eyes wander the bridge for anything that looked important, or shiny enough to be worth poking a bit once her conquest was complete.

Deputy Charco nods.

“Yep. Hated it too, but it was worth it. Why?”

Marduk meanwhile seems to set himself as a crimson aura surrounds him, resisting the pull.
    The fact that Marduk was actively resisting only fed more fuel into Charco's annoyance and rage, strengthening the pull of hate that comprised the Brachio Stomp technique.

"Then you should know, he's stuck in place."

Even if Marduk would strength himself to resist the draw toward Charco, it still meant he was focused on being drawn on and thus, was open to attack.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Only for File to disappear, his form an afterimage.

A massive punch lands to the back of her head from behind, almost knocking her unconscious.
    Parsley's vision blurred from the punch to the back of her head. She lurched forward and fell flat on her face.

File was much more powerful than she anticipated. She hadn't expected him to be as fast as he was, nor as strong. Brute strength wasn't going to win her this fight; she was going to have to fight with her brain, not just her power. She knew exactly how to proceed from here.

A ball of light formed in her hand. While she was still face down, she tossed the ball in the air, where it exploded. Corona Disruption would have not only disrupted his mundane senses -- sight, smell, hearing -- but also his ki sense and magic sense.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

He is thrown off balance, though when she shoves him he feels....heavier than he should.
    Heavy bastard, she noted as she tossed him off balance. She didn't give it any thought, but she did keep it in the back of her mind for now. Instead, she continued pushing him back with her shield while making a grab for the hilt of his sword in an attempt to wretch it from his grip.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The axe, when swung, neatly bisects the wall like a hot knife through butter.

It is far, far sharper than anything she’s seen before.
    Her ears twitched as they picked up the sounds all around her and through the ship. Remaining invisible, extending it to the axe as well which she held very respectfully, Cyanna had to navigate her way back to the others.

Only, which direction should she go? Her mind raced as she tried to decide, finally deciding to let fate decide for her.

Leaving the room, she went back into the main part of the ship and randomly chose a direction. With that, she moved quickly. Whomever of her teammates she finds first, she would offer them the axe.

If it is an enemy she finds first ....
    Last edited by Tami; 06-19-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The one dies instantly.

The others pause, then all fire simultaneously at Sasheem.
    Sasheem uses his Mamba Boost to increase his speed to dodge the blasts sent his way. As soon he got neat enough to one, he sprouted his Naga Palms and shot forth two arms to plague two of his opponents with venomous strikes, while the one he was closest to got hit with a food beam.

Sasheem aimed to turn this bastard into a large wad of gum. He had another idea bubbling up in his malicious Majin mind.

Majin Metabolism Activated

Current Power Level: 5,500,000

Time Remaining: 2 posts
    Last edited by KingofPie; 06-19-2019 at 06:26 PM.