Page 237 of 294 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada understood the scary and worrying part, and had every since she decided to have Ishtar's baby years ago. The awesome part... if she was forced to admit it, she did come to... enjoy her time with Parsley's twins, even if they weren't technically her children. She understood the tenderness and all that dumb **** that came from breastfeeding and stuff.

It confirmed it in her mind: when she got her body back, she and Inanna were going to get married and start their family. In fact, it was going to happen that day. She had waited long enough, and had kept her love waiting long enough.

"Hey, so I've decided that me and Inanna, erm, Ishtar are going to get married that day, after you switch my body. Would you be interested in coming? You'd be a guest of honor, for sure."
    He smiles.

“Wonderful. I’d be delighted to attend. I presume on Vocado, yes?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi does so, leading her carefully to the room.
    As the reach the large bedroom, Meagan gives him a smile as she slowly lays down on it. Giving his hand a squeeze, she smiled up at him, "We're going to be a family," wincing slightly as her breath became ragged from the pain, "it will be amazing." before she can say anything else, Sienna enters the room followed by a Chromakai doctor.

The two began an examination of Meagan. A half hour later, she speaks to the two parents to be, "Everything looks normal. The contractions will become more frequent within the hour, and the child should be born soon after. Lord Jinzi, you may stay with Lady Meagan if you wish. If not, you can wait outside."

From the edges of the doorway, several sets of eyes loon in, then back away as soon as the Nurse sees them. "I'll let them know what is going on and tell them to wait out in the study." Sienna then leaves briefly to talk to Cyanna and the others.

Looking up at Jinzi, Meagan gives him a brave smile, "You can stay with them and wait outside if you want. I don't want you to be uncomfortable." As she spoke, her hand squeezed his even harder, but not too hard.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

He smiles.

“Wonderful. I’d be delighted to attend. I presume on Vocado, yes?”
    She returned the smile. "Yeah. It'll be a private ceremony, though. One of the benefits of not being too into pomp and circumstance."

That lessened the chance of Jinzi being burned at a stake for his shenanigans years ago. Then again, no one knew what he looked like, only his name.

"I'll get in touch with everyone else to see if they want to come too. Thanks again, Jinzi, for everything."

Turning on her heels, she departed from Capsule Corp and headed for Grinthorn's island. 'Inanna, I have great news!'
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    The blast knocks Killrog back, and he squints his eyes as he blocks Praxat's incoming flurry of blows." That ally of yours Praxat isn't half bad. Her attack was impressive." Killrog said.

" Well yeah, you should Underestimate Cyanna, Killrog!" Praxat said.

Time forward.

As the fight continues. Praxat is attacking Killrog in her Boost mode. I believe it's about time I got serious!" Killrog said.

Killrog's energy suddenly skyrockets. " **** Cyanna, this bastard was only toying with us," Praxat said.

Killrog smirks," Now the real fight begins," Killrog said.

Praxat attacks Killrog, and Killrog dodges. He then sends her flying with a Giga Explosion Punch. " You and your ally Cyanna need to be in sync with each other. If your foe is more powerful than you and your ally," Killrog said.

" Then you both need attack as one, not a separate unit," Killrog said.

" When I first met your grandmother. I was only 10 years old. Araxat has hired as my Nanny by my father Vanwizer senior. At first, I didn't take a liking to her, but over time we bonded," Killrog said.

"She showed me such wonderful tricks. I saw her control others' movements with her mind like they were puppets. Saw her even control her own movements with her mind," Killrog said.

" I saw her take control over a person's thoughts and feelings. I seen her reanimate the dead. I seen her control technology and the weather with her mind," Killrog said.

" Even though we were good friends, Araxat was the only person on this Qacriea that I was ever afraid of. I seen her do a bunch of crazy stuff over the years I knew her using an ability she calls Telekinesis. One of the craziest being changing the trajectory of a planet-size asteroid that wasn't even her line of sight," Killrog said.

" She changed the direction of the asteroid before it even had a chance to enter Qacriea's atmosphere. This happen many years ago. Oh, and Araxat actual skin color is platinum.

I was born with a condition. That Araxat had been trying to cure me over. A condition that affects my mind, It turns me into a feral beast. Lately, I have been keeping this beast unwarps." Killrog said.

" When this beast is in control. I don't remember anything that happens during it. My mind is blank," Killrog said.

" My father never knew what cause my condition. Araxat tried so hard to find a cure for me, but eventually, she just gave up. Now the condition is affecting my body. My body is constantly breaking apart," Killrog said.

" The only thing keeping me alive is my regeneration," Killrog said as he's low jaw suddenly rots off, and he regenerates a new one.

Praxat Boost mode PL: 5,250,000

Killrog Serious PL: 6,000,000
    As he talked, and talked, Cyanna extended her senses to identify the coldest place on the planet. Once he finished talking, she vanished taking him with her in a teleport. They soon reappeared on a landmass covered in ice and snow, with temperatures cold enough to freeze blood if not protected.

Cyanna spreads her hands out, "This looks like a good place for you to cool down. Get back to us once you are more reasonable." with that, she teleports back to Praxat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As he talked, and talked, Cyanna extended her senses to identify the coldest place on the planet. Once he finished talking, she vanished taking him with her in a teleport. They soon reappeared on a landmass covered in ice and snow, with temperatures cold enough to freeze blood if not protected.

Cyanna spreads her hands out, "This looks like a good place for you to cool down. Get back to us once you are more reasonable." with that, she teleports back to Praxat.
    " So Cyanna, where did you send Killrog? I can feel bad for him. When we were fighting him," Praxat said.

"It was like he was trying hard to keep his sanity intact and keep this beast he talked about from coming out. Even as he was talking, I could feel his Ki getting more and more malicious," Praxat said.

" Killrog was honest with us. Everything he told us about my grandmother Araxat it was the truth. My mother and Killrog were good friends. Killrog has a terrible illness, and my grandmother just gave up on him," Praxat said.

" I want not more than to punch my grandmother in the face right now. Of course, what puzzles me is why Killrog would be afraid of my grandmother Araxat in the first place?" Praxat said.

" I sense my grandmother's Ki, and it's pathetically weak. Honestly I have no idea what Telekinesis is? Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-03-2019 at 06:41 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

" So Cyanna, where did you send Killrog? I can feel bad for him. When we were fighting him," Praxat said.

"It was like he was trying hard to keep his sanity intact and keep this beast he talked about from coming out. Even as he was talking, I could feel his Ki getting more and more malicious," Praxat said.

" Killrog was honest with us. Everything he told us about my grandmother Araxat it was the truth. My mother and Killrog were good friends. Killrog has a terrible illness, and my grandmother just gave up on him," Praxat said.

" I want not more than to punch my grandmother in the face right now. Of course, what puzzles me is why Killrog would be afraid of my grandmother Araxat in the first place?" Praxat said.

" I sense my grandmother's Ki, and it's pathetically weak. Honestly I have no idea what Telekinesis is? Praxat said.
    "You ask more questions than I do." Cyanna shrugged "I dropped him off someplace with a lot of ice and snow. Maybe when he gets back he'll be more reasonable. As for Telekinesis, you mean you never saw anyone do this before?" As she spoke, she held out a hand and a medium sized rock levitated off the ground, then over to her hand. once in her hand, Cyanna showed it to Praxat, "That was telekinesis."

Default A Terrapin at Thirty-Thousand Feet

Every time the overhead compartments rattled, the cabin would fill with a clear PING! It was as if everybody, even the grown-ups that travelled by themselves, were still in school. Everybody stopped what they were doing and paid full attention. Edward looked upwards, where the garbled, tinny echo hissed and sputtered through the little speakers above everybody's seats. They looked like somebody screwed shower drains upside-down into the ceiling, and the captain's announcement sounded like water in crackling pipes.

"Auntie Jane? What's 'turbulence'?"

Rattle, rattle, the cabin ceiling shook. If Edward's feet could touch the floor where he swung them, he might have been pulled away from Kitten Katcher, if his fingers weren't so sticky where they rubbed against the screen. It was marked up with so many prints it was like a fog.

Jane breathed out slowly, brushing the clinging strands of dark red hair out of her face and glasses. Blinking back tired tears, she laid a soft, warm hand on his shoulder. "It's nothing to worry about," she yawned. "The pilot just wants us to know we'll be okay, see?"

Edward frowned. When she was sleepy he never got any answers. "Do you have your Auntie's magic scarf?" Tied off like a rustler's kercheif, the size of the knots made it look more like a bib. "Heh, it's working. Sixty points on Level Four is a new record!"

Five levels in to Kitten Katcher, it was more of the same. "Don't stay up too long, try to get some sleep, okay?"Eventually, he put the pad down. This was his first time to Capital City, and Auntie Jane gave him the window seat; she'd fallen asleep and looked like a pile beneath her knit sweater.

He thought it was exciting at first. He got to stay up past his bedtime, and he was already skipping school. Capital City! Tall towers and the big, round dome buildings. The President's house was there, He thought that flying there he might be able to see it, like on the backdrop of the Artie Slocan show. The long lines from the airport gate were a long time ago in his sleepy thoughts. Sliding up the window, he saw the sun rise over the clouds and it looked like field of warm, toasted marshmallows.

When would they know about mom and dad?

Gazing out at the rows of golden clouds, he got good long look at the airplane wing. From the flap of the seat in front of him, Edward fished out a picture of the plane. "Capsule 737-700" he read to himself.

"Wing slats." As the plane turned, the front of the wings rose and fell. "Roll Spoilers." Back of the wing, same thing. "Speed brakes..."

When the foil of the wing rose, pushing out from the beneath was a dark shape. It looked like a stone, sliding on its flat underside. Slowly he saw four legs pop out, and a thin head.

"Auntie Jane, there's a turtle on the wing." She was still fast asleep. Edward turned and looked at the window, but the turtle was gone. He turned his attention back to the diagram of plane parts. "Turbine engine."

When he looked out the window to check, he found the turtle, up-close and staring right back at him. As he looked into the little turtle's glassy eyes, it seemed as if a shadow fell over the plane. Slowly, he lift his hand to the glass, and the turtle followed, nestling its small beak-mouth on the other side.

Then he felt a great weight fall on his back, as if the air inside the airplane had grown heavy. the clouds seemed to bunch together for a moment, then suddenly split apart, and he saw the monster. It had long, stringy white fur, that seemed to fill its shape from its ragged grey pants to the wild mane over its head, covered in what looked like blood. Even in the instant that it passed, Edward could see its glowing red eyes as it flew straight toward the plane. It smiled and seemed to laugh wickedly.

The speaker overhead sparked to life, but again, he couldn't make out its message. Glued to the window, Edward followed the path of the monster and saw two other people chasing after him. The first one had a cape, that swept back from shining armour. The Just Saiyan! At least he looked kind of like him. He didn't know he had a girl sidekick. A great flash of light flooded his view, and suddenly everything shook around him. The overhang above his head shook and a tense thumping filled the airplane cabin, and when everybody woke up a once the clarion call from the speaker seemed to grow sharper.

"This is your captain speaking," Pushing through the wall of voices, his voice was stern, firm, and even. "Would all the passengers please fasten your seatbelts and return your seat to their upright position."

"Eddie!" Auntie Jane had woken up, and her hair and glasses were all messed up from the criss-crossed elastics attached to the mask in front of her. "Get away from the window, sweetie and pay attention to me-"

The plane tilted over to one side. Edward could smell smoke. After Auntie Jane's clammy hands wrapped the mask over his face, he wriggled away to glance to the window and saw that half of the wing was missing. The clouds moved in closer, and her felt everything falling towards it.

"All passengers please brace for impact." The Captain's voice was calm over the shrieking and howling and swearing up and down the aisles.

"Eddie, do exactly as I say." Auntie Jane pushed his head down and wrapped his arms around his knees. "I want you to hand on tight, and count to one-hundred with me. Ready?" He could hardly hear her voice, ears muffled between his legs, but through the tightness in his throat he did his best to answer.

"One." "Two." "Three." Thump. "Fou-OH MY GOD!"

Default A Terrapin at Thirty-Thousand Feet

Spittle spattered on the glass and flecked the edge of his mouth. After the impact, Kuki clumsily peeled his pale, weathered face off of the airplane window.

It had been such a nice nap on the tailfin, too.

The groggy old Turtle Master shook off the impact, rolling his shoulders under the hefty blue shell on his back. The bulky body of the plane tilt on its side and he soon found himself crouched upon the window. The stringy whisps of his hair whipped up as the plane descended, and he blinked the sand out of his eyes, smacking his lips tiredly, slowly pushing himself up on his single arm.

"S'a rude awakenin' now issit," he grumbled. Standing atop the rapidly sinking body, he looked around him, narrowing his eyes as the skybound ride came closer to earth. "...time ta leave, Ishii"

"Gyek."

The turtle at his feet tapped his foot to the window beneath them. "Eh?" Kuki scrunched the sunken pools of his eyes and peered straight at the boy and his aunt through the window between his feet.

"AHHH-!!!"

"Eugh." Wrinkling his nose and stroking his chin, he was just about to jump off, when a giant flare of ki began fell through the clouds after them. "...s'pose there's no helpin' it, Ishii...mrrgh...n'we better do somethin'."

"Gyek." With a short leap, the turtle bounced upward, withdrew its limbs and sped downward to the nose of the plane. Yawning, Kuki began pacing the opposite way. Stretching his arm out, he tossed out one green orb after the next, five floating from outside the aluminium body from canopy to cabin behind him as he walked towards the descending, light. He rolled his shoulder back, and cricked his neck from side to side, and crouched down.

Koolard's errant blast fell, burning like a a falling star intent on consuming all before it and immolate all below. "N'we can't b'havin' that."

Kuki leapt off the body of the plane with such force that sent it careening out of the descending column's path, and his frame shot nearer to it, he was swallowed up by the light. Gilding his hand in ki, he spread his palm wide. When he struck the energy blast, it was like popping a bubble, and a force meant to destroy a city ruptured through the clouds, as if suddenly a second sun had risen then burst to a rail-thin line, echoing thunder in its wake.

Meanwhile, Ishii 's flight took the turtle to the nose of the plane, his shell surrounded in a blue veil of ki. Backing his diminuitive shell, his glowing shell began to spin and spin..

The five orbs set about the plane lit up and shot downwards towards him.

GO-RIN-NO-SHO KAMEHAMEHA!

Guided by the turtle's rotation, the remote Kamehameha series righted the cabin, its momentum reorientated, and the balance of the lost wing compensated. To seize a body in motion to a dead stop so swiftly would undoubtably crumple the plane and kill everybody on board; but shrouding this earthbound metal frame with a consummate gentle force, its momentum would be slowly buffered. A slow, gradual push that eventually steered it to a stable condition. Snapping to, the pilots did their part and seized their instruments. Landing gear kicked out and dragged through weathered fields for a rough landing in the fields just outside the mountains. This close to civilization, a road ran through it.

"Cheh. S'ms like things'll be n'a good way afterall..."

Kuki, for his part found himself dangling upside down in a freefall. Descending head-first head under crossed legs, arm folded as if in prayer, he hurtled he contemplated just what happened to disrupt his nap. Two monkey-folks chased after the hoary ape that caused this calamity miles behind them. Frankly, he couldn't help but wonder if his intervention truly made any difference in the grander scheme of things. Suppose those young ones would have to take care of it.

Moreover, those lucky ducks! They could fly!

"Hmm...really shoulda ask'd th'kid t'teach m'that..."

As he spread his mediation field however, salvation reached up it seemed the universe had a strange sense of humour. His hand shot out and grabbed onto the top canopy of a towering tree. Twisting his fingers through knotted bark, he braced himself, smashing through branches on a several hundred meter descent down. When he finally found his footing, caving a deep impression into the matted forest floor, he'd stripped it bare on one side from top to now-pulverized root.

Breathing deep the smells of the ancient forest, he saluted the verdant seedlings and sweet rot with a sharp sneeze. These wooden hulks reached upward to the sky, by their grand ambitions created coincidental shelter for all sorts of things that settled below. Kuki in his squat stance felt it creeping around his bare soles and even in his old knees. All the flat needles that fell below snuffed out their competition, season after season, they gently smothered out anything that would corrupt their roots, and when their time passed they would become fodder for all those that grew in its shadow.

The riddle of nature. It was much the same as the riddle of man.

But there was something more. the vectors of Battle Meditation left him so aware. There was some unifying force that reached out from this place...and where it led to was a familiar path; and he too knew the way. As he walked away, the timber started to creaked, and as all two-hundred meters of that thousand year old tree fell it smashed into one of its ancient neighbours, which in turn tilt toward another, until ten fell in a haphazard log road through this forest.

But when the tree falls, and noone is there to behold it, can anything be said to have happened at all?

Certainly, the Earth would not forget, but in time this too would come to mend. Across Five Histories, he'd seen this come to pass on his most recent venture across the globe.

A DIGRESSION IN SIX PARTS

KAMESENNIN KUKI'S JOURNEY THROUGH THE FIVE SCHOOLS AND WHAT HE FOUND THERE

"You ask more questions than I do." Cyanna shrugged "I dropped him off someplace with a lot of ice and snow. Maybe when he gets back he'll be more reasonable. As for Telekinesis, you mean you never saw anyone do this before?" As she spoke, she held out a hand and a medium sized rock levitated off the ground, then over to her hand. once in her hand, Cyanna showed it to Praxat, "That was telekinesis."
    " Oh, so you drop him off on the continent, Frosctica. Yeah, I seen that before but didn't know it was telekinesis. It's cool, but the stuff that Killrog talked about my grandmother doing is beyond, what you just showed me Cyanna," Praxat said.

" I mean controlling a person's movements. Controlling a person's thoughts and feelings, reanimate the dead, control technology, the weather, and changing the trajectory of a planet-size asteroid with her mind. It all sounds insane," Praxat said.

Suddenly words appear on the ground is if being craved by an unseen force with precision. The words read. I'm warning you Praxat, and that Chromakai you bought with you. Get in the way of my goal, and you both are going to regret it.

Cyanna would feel a faint ominous psychic aura. The aura only being faint because the person emitted it is miles and miles away and is not even within the location. However, that same ominous psychic aura is the same aura that was coming off of Araxat when Cyanna met her.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Samson does so eagerly.

“What did you find, Sasheem?”
    "Just what we're looking for...or at least Sasheem thinks so," The Majin nodded. "Keep goin' in this cave and we'll see a big ass wall with the symbols of the ten engraved in it. If it's a door or a gate, Sasheem didn't see any obvious way in...but that's what you dorks are for."

As the reach the large bedroom, Meagan gives him a smile as she slowly lays down on it. Giving his hand a squeeze, she smiled up at him, "We're going to be a family," wincing slightly as her breath became ragged from the pain, "it will be amazing." before she can say anything else, Sienna enters the room followed by a Chromakai doctor.

The two began an examination of Meagan. A half hour later, she speaks to the two parents to be, "Everything looks normal. The contractions will become more frequent within the hour, and the child should be born soon after. Lord Jinzi, you may stay with Lady Meagan if you wish. If not, you can wait outside."

From the edges of the doorway, several sets of eyes loon in, then back away as soon as the Nurse sees them. "I'll let them know what is going on and tell them to wait out in the study." Sienna then leaves briefly to talk to Cyanna and the others.

Looking up at Jinzi, Meagan gives him a brave smile, "You can stay with them and wait outside if you want. I don't want you to be uncomfortable." As she spoke, her hand squeezed his even harder, but not too hard.
    He shakes his head.

“In for it all, love. I’ll be right beside you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Just what we're looking for...or at least Sasheem thinks so," The Majin nodded. "Keep goin' in this cave and we'll see a big ass wall with the symbols of the ten engraved in it. If it's a door or a gate, Sasheem didn't see any obvious way in...but that's what you dorks are for."

Samson arrives and studies the door, fascinated.

“This is unlike anything I’ve seen before. It appears to be solid stone behind it, but something.....thrums...when I place my hands on it.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Hmm, I’m a lover not a fighter. Do no harm, as it were, and all that. A clause in my...binding. Even in my defense I can only do so much.”

He sighs.

“So should she come, I cannot defeat her. She can’t kill me, but floating around space after Earth gets obliterated doesn’t sound fun either. My farm would be gone then.”

He looks at her in interest after her display.

“I suppose that means it falls to you and your allies. Very well, Lady Inanna, what do you want in return?”
    "Something of a stalemate then. Though that's better than our odds by any measure." Inanna said in amusement. "As for what I want ?" She shrugged her shoulders.

"The answer to a handful of questions. Nothing more."

She looked at Alakazah, Elfden ... the Great Old Wyrm.

"See, I had a lot of time to think, after I killed myself. Considered what I'd seen in the hundred thousand years I've been around, and why it was such an absolute mess."

The woman smiled.

"I'll admit I've given some thought to accepting your offer and unsealing you to further my own goals. After all, what's one more 'God' to kill, when you're already planning to kill several." Inanna chuckled again, more at the realization of what all she had to do, before even considering dealing with Genesis.

"So I want to know. What would you do, if you were freed ? ... and more importantly, why you grew more interested when you saw my ... 'Divine Ki', let's call it ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

" Oh, so you drop him off on the continent, Frosctica. Yeah, I seen that before but didn't know it was telekinesis. It's cool, but the stuff that Killrog talked about my grandmother doing is beyond, what you just showed me Cyanna," Praxat said.

" I mean controlling a person's movements. Controlling a person's thoughts and feelings, reanimate the dead, control technology, the weather, and changing the trajectory of a planet-size asteroid with her mind. It all sounds insane," Praxat said.

Suddenly words appear on the ground is if being craved by an unseen force with precision. The words read. I'm warning you Praxat, and that Chromakai you bought with you. Get in the way of my goal, and you both are going to regret it.

Cyanna would feel a faint ominous psychic aura. The aura only being faint because the person emitted it is miles and miles away and is not even within the location. However, that same ominous psychic aura is the same aura that was coming off of Araxat when Cyanna met her.
    "I don't think just the two of us can deal with your grandmother. But there may be someone who night help us. I'll be right back." Cyanna then vanished, reappearing near where Killrog, though she was invisible upon arrival.

"Hey, Mister Killrog. How about you help us capture Granny Araxat if we promise not to kill her? We just want to stop her from causing any more trouble."

"I don't think just the two of us can deal with your grandmother. But there may be someone who night help us. I'll be right back." Cyanna then vanished, reappearing near where Killrog, though she was invisible upon arrival.

"Hey, Mister Killrog. How about you help us capture Granny Araxat if we promise not to kill her? We just want to stop her from causing any more trouble."
    This world is my home, and I want to protect it. So, of course, I'll accept your offer. Even though Araxat and I are old friends," Killrog said sluggishly.

" She has to stop. Not just for this planet but for possibly dozens upon dozens of galaxies. It won't be wise to face her right off the bat. Araxat is a highly respected member of the Kingdom of Swampa," Killrog said sluggishly.

" As long as The Toadians living in Lisia are on Araxat side, Araxat's insane goal that will result in many deaths across possibly dozens of galaxies will succeed. They have to know the truth, and the truth is hidden within Araxat's mobile laboratory," Killrog said sluggishly.
    My Forum check it out