Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 541
  1. #181
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    20,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It had taken some time for him to reunite with the others. Mentally weary from battling away Rex's influence and reeling from the effects of his soul being eroded, the teenager was practically lying on the ground when the Toadian approached. Just as abruptly as she addressed him, Praxat was gone, leaving him confused and a bit embittered.

    "... who the fuck are you again?"

    To be fair, there probably hadn't been a proper introduction between them in the first place. In Charco's perspective, all the toad people just... kinda showed up one day. Charco wasn't entirely sure what they did either, but there seemed to be enough of them to go around doing whatever it was that they did.

    It was then he moved on the topic of Praxat's message: Cyanna. While she had stayed long enough to give the Toadian a farewell, she hadn't bothered to stay long enough to give him one, nor had she welcomed him back after the tournament... or bothered to understand what he was going through. He understood she had her own problems to deal with, but in the end, had there been anything between them?

    To be able to cry as he had after the battle with Luop would have been nice, but aside from burning resentment, Rex's occupation of his body had left him emotionally numb much longer than that time. By the time his emotions did return, the feeling of emptiness had grown too large to not be overwhelmed by it.

    And so he sat there and thought for some time.
    As he sat, heard a familiar voice speaking from behind him, "We need to talk. Please Charco."

    OOC: One more thing I need to deal with.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  2. #182
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As he sat, heard a familiar voice speaking from behind him, "We need to talk. Please Charco."
    Like the spectre of Christmases past, Cyanna appeared during his dark musings. Was she a delusion, brought forth by Rex to torment him?

    No. Even in such a stage of uncertainty, he knew better. She had returned, but why?

    "Forget to tell your frog friend something?" He asked, in a tone that was pettier than he had intended. Biting his tongue, he took in a deep breath before correcting himself,

    "I'm sorry, you're right. We do need to talk."

    Scooching to the side, the boy eventually managed to sit upright on the ground.

  3. #183
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    20,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Like the spectre of Christmases past, Cyanna appeared during his dark musings. Was she a delusion, brought forth by Rex to torment him?

    No. Even in such a stage of uncertainty, he knew better. She had returned, but why?

    "Forget to tell your frog friend something?" He asked, in a tone that was pettier than he had intended. Biting his tongue, he took in a deep breath before correcting himself,

    "I'm sorry, you're right. We do need to talk."

    Scooching to the side, the boy eventually managed to sit upright on the ground.
    Taking a seat next to him, she looked at Charco, then her eyes shifted slightly, "I did not want to leave you, but Meagan insisted. When she was distracted I headed back to the portal to look for you. Tell me first, are you really you?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  4. #184
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Taking a seat next to him, she looked at Charco, then her eyes shifted slightly, "I did not want to leave you, but Meagan insisted. When she was distracted I headed back to the portal to look for you. Tell me first, are you really you?"
    That was a good question. Was he really himself anymore? Even now, with the last remaining effects of the soul-erosion fading, he still felt like an impostor in his own skin. Honestly, he probably couldn't handle many more possessions before the results grew damaging.

    "I... I think so."

    It felt like he had taken two steps back right as soon as he had taken a step forward since his breakdown. How many more would he have to endure before he could truly progress.

    "I'm not in a good place, Cyanna... I haven't been in some time."

  5. #185
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sasheem's response gave Parsley pause, for a different reason than usual. Beyond that extreme arrogance and annoying personality quirks, he really had done everything he could to help them. He was the one who brought down the chaff -- even though she was certain that was on accident -- and struck was may have been the penultimate blow against the pitiful hybrid creature they had been fighting at the time. His list of helpful feats extended beyond that, yet he received no thanks.

    She sighed. "You're right," she admitted, with less difficulty than she thought she'd have. "You've helped more than any of us care to admit. Because you aren't a likable person."

    The bit about the Saiyans' struggles to gain legitimacy hit closer than she wanted to admit. She herself played a very large role in their sordid reputation, even if her role was only a fraction of time.

    "Perhaps make yourself more endearing and you'll receive more willing recognition for your good work."
    Sasheem offered a smirk. "Sasheem is Sasheem. Not even that stupid do-gooder he absorbed can change what he's about," the Majin smirked, turning to face the task ahead of them. "And if you losers can't deal with that, despite all the assistance he provides, all the better to show you up even more."

    This was new. Finally stopped one of those Saiyan sisters from flipping a lid at him. It wouldn't last, but then again what did? He was no hero after all. This while savior of the Earth thing was only temporary....until he found a better way to proceed with whatever came next.

    But even so, he was going out of his way to stuck his neck out for these fools....a little respect wouldn't hurt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    To those who follow Wilhelm into the RoSaT.....

    They step out into a barren and dry grey rock ground, lit only by Wilhelm’s shoulder mounted lights. The first impressions are.....bleak. There is nothing within eye sight but darkness, just more barren ground beneath their feet. Once everyone arrives is when it really hits them.

    There is no sound. No breeze. No insects. No smell. Nothing. The sky is an empty dull black, no clouds, and even the stars seem pitiful above. The temperature seems flat, cold and hollow, and those with energy sensing are perhaps the most startled.

    There is nothing. Not one point or spark of life anywhere. No leylines, no magic, no ki, nothing. With that realization the darkness cut only by thin star light and Wilhelm’s lights is more oppressive than one would imagine.

    Sound is wrong here. Every breathe, every rustle of their clothes sounds grating and loud in the pure stillness. Whomever has the device that detects the temporal nexus can point out that it’s about a half mile away from their current location.

    Wilhelm detaches the lights and lets them float upwards.

    “Stay...close.”
    Sasheem exhaled deeply, putting his hands behind his head and stretching. "Dunno about the rest of you, but this is pretty relaxing, don'tcha think? Way better place to collect one's thoughts than that other Namek, right?"

  6. #186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    To those who follow Wilhelm into the RoSaT.....

    They step out into a barren and dry grey rock ground, lit only by Wilhelm’s shoulder mounted lights. The first impressions are.....bleak. There is nothing within eye sight but darkness, just more barren ground beneath their feet. Once everyone arrives is when it really hits them.

    There is no sound. No breeze. No insects. No smell. Nothing. The sky is an empty dull black, no clouds, and even the stars seem pitiful above. The temperature seems flat, cold and hollow, and those with energy sensing are perhaps the most startled.

    There is nothing. Not one point or spark of life anywhere. No leylines, no magic, no ki, nothing. With that realization the darkness cut only by thin star light and Wilhelm’s lights is more oppressive than one would imagine.

    Sound is wrong here. Every breathe, every rustle of their clothes sounds grating and loud in the pure stillness. Whomever has the device that detects the temporal nexus can point out that it’s about a half mile away from their current location.

    Wilhelm detaches the lights and lets them float upwards.

    “Stay...close.”

    " Looking at this nightmarish scene I wonder if there's even still a Capsule Corp here ?" Even if there is , there probably isn't enough time to search the place for information ," Praxat said. Praxat takes out her Jobox and activates it ," Get in and get out right, yeah there's no time to waste," Praxat said.


    Praxat follows Wilhelm and Parsley

  7. #187

    Default catching up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “It is the timeline the Doctor is originally from.” He says.

    “Where the nexus is located is....barren. You have seen a dead world once, Ochazuke. Terra. What you will see here...is different. No danger, not that I have seen. But it is still a grim spectacle. One few have ever known.”

    The doors open once more.

    Surprisingly, Wilhelm steps forward.

    “I’ll...go.....”

    He smiles a bit sadly.

    “I think...I know what Zurvan...means. The burden...of what awaits is......does not sit easily. I can do...this alone if it will...spare everyone.”
    Pyrus and Pike had been returned to their homeworlds, and the disorder left in their wake had been restored. Because Zuvan had glanced and known for a fact that there was something familiar in the Divergence to return to, he viewed these paths as a simple matter.

    Yet now as had been the case twice before, they had no escort - and therefore, no guide. Still with all that had passed, it seemed that it was not only among themselves or their alternates, that the Doctor's victims had struck up rapport.

    Clearly, something Zurvan had shown Wilhelm had stirred Terra's last man to action. Even though he smiled, Ochazuke found the glaze that fell over the man's eyes was the same as it was the first time they found him wandering the shadows of his own, doomed world.

    "The burden?" His silence broke at the end of a long, terse sigh. "Of what? Seeing firsthand all we stand to lose?"

    Ochazuke's teeth audibly ground against each other. His words strained, coarse, barely concealed. His grip on Nail's dark sphere tightened, arm trembling up to the shoulder, and a long, hard blink fell over his face with a dull mutter. Yet he moved to Wilhelm's side anyway.

    For it was not for the sake of the horrible truth they stood to find, but the shadow of things to come still so near to memory.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The penultimate timeline being the origin of the Doctor was surprising, but an opportunity that couldn't be passed up. There may have been something they could use against him. It was worth enduring whatever grim setting awaited her.

    "I'm going, as well," she stated to both Zurvan and Wilhelm. "There may be something there we can use against him."
    "Agreed. Examining what the Doctor has left behind him, it may be the first step to claiming some ground from him."

    Every time they were attacked by some interloper, the Doctor set the stage; the chaff locked the battleground, his children seized any moment. This would be the first time they engaged this alternate Pantaloon outside of his own terms.

    "An alternate Jinzi standing outside of time, however, he is anything but negligent." He took a place between the two. "Let's see just how deep the parallels run where the legacy of the First Race is concerned."

  8. #188

    Default catching up...

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat comes out of her room and shows Zurvan , Wilhelm, Ochazuke and the others a blueprint she made, " Okay I'm going to create this compass to place the ATE in which is currently in Ochazuke's possession. on the Alternate Namek in that other timeline we came back form . The Elder of that planet, Elder Nail call that Black Sphere The ATE which Ochazuke is holding a temporal detection device. He said it would help us point the way to the Doctor's location , and said it can not be fool or misdirected," Praxat said.
    Ochazuke lowered his head with a long, slow sigh. Ever since its creation, the dark sphere had never left his hand, and Nail had stated the purpose behind its design in no uncertain terms. He paid no mind to the emergent theoretical discussion that immediately surrounded the explicit, quantifiable fruit of his final magical conjuring - Charco and Erosa saw to that - but it seems that Praxat had become so fixated on creating something, that observation had become secondary.

    "...your intention is to make a compass...to place a compass inside?" The exacting way Praxat had recollected Nail's words made the task seem...redundant, under the circumstances. "Beyond aesthetics, what purpose will this serve?"

    Praxat points at The Quantum Ambient Toxin Collector device on her chest, " From my understanding that device which Ochazuke is holding and the device on my chest have one thing in common. They both work on the principle of Quantum Mechanics!" Praxat said.
    All inquiries are derived from observation. From cause and effect, relation and correlation, there in the observable phenomena of the universe mortal eyes had a history of discovering a means to an end. The philosopher's pursuit of the good in all its forms; the artist's pursuit of truth and beauty. In the engineered design he'd seen it through Jinzi's work a clear purpose and focused intention to his theory.

    But the connection between a Toadian's breastplate and the resonating sphere in his hand...

    "...explain."

  9. #189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    To those who follow Wilhelm into the RoSaT.....

    They step out into a barren and dry grey rock ground, lit only by WilhelmÂ’s shoulder mounted lights. The first impressions are.....bleak. There is nothing within eye sight but darkness, just more barren ground beneath their feet. Once everyone arrives is when it really hits them.

    There is no sound. No breeze. No insects. No smell. Nothing. The sky is an empty dull black, no clouds, and even the stars seem pitiful above. The temperature seems flat, cold and hollow, and those with energy sensing are perhaps the most startled.

    There is nothing. Not one point or spark of life anywhere. No leylines, no magic, no ki, nothing. With that realization the darkness cut only by thin star light and WilhelmÂ’s lights is more oppressive than one would imagine.

    Sound is wrong here. Every breathe, every rustle of their clothes sounds grating and loud in the pure stillness. Whomever has the device that detects the temporal nexus can point out that itÂ’s about a half mile away from their current location.

    Wilhelm detaches the lights and lets them float upwards.

    “Stay...close.”
    The dry ground broke beneath their feet, and the long road before them was barren.

    Ochazuke took a place near Wilhelm, casting his meditational field wide around the group.

    The insights of Zxu'ro's Spider and Bear yielded nothing; there was a planet, its lifeblood cracked and dried. The previous divergences had twist the Earth from its current fate, but whether held ransom to overflowing fire or the Vitalmancer's appetites, there was always something, someone, who emerged to resist what had befallen the planet.

    Here. the palpable silence about them was the most oppressive. Knowing the members of their group were perhaps the only things left alive on the surface held them all in a marooned intimacy. Ochazuke followed in the wake of Wilhelm's solemn march.

    No living presence upon or below the surface. One did not need any more than to feel the hanging air looming around them. All that remains...is structure.

    Long ago, the Old Turtle had taught him the skill of mindful awareness, that even the silence cultivated in stillness held something within it, if one was willing to find it without distraction. Reaching through the long, endless, shadows that stretched all around them, he found the reach of his pursuit disturbingly unimpeded.If there was something to divest his attention as he reached with Kyokushin Keihatsu, he'd have welcomed it as he scanned the surface of this Alternate Earth feeling for some shape in the darkness.

    In the darkness of this world, Nail's artifact hung suspended around his neck by a tether. He lift a hand and pulled his cloak over his gi, the unseen compass pressed into his chest as they pursued the Doctor's path.
    Last edited by grampagen; 05-25-2019 at 01:17 AM.

  10. #190
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    20,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    That was a good question. Was he really himself anymore? Even now, with the last remaining effects of the soul-erosion fading, he still felt like an impostor in his own skin. Honestly, he probably couldn't handle many more possessions before the results grew damaging.

    "I... I think so."

    It felt like he had taken two steps back right as soon as he had taken a step forward since his breakdown. How many more would he have to endure before he could truly progress.

    "I'm not in a good place, Cyanna... I haven't been in some time."
    "I could tell something was wrong, but I didn't know what to do." She placed her hand gently on top of his, "Chroma be damned, I'm not going to leave you. You're very important to me, Charco." She then took her hand away and looked at him directly, "Can you tell me what's going on? If I knew more, maybe I can help you somehow. I...want to help, I just need to know how." Her eyes were getting moist, despite her attempts to remain calm.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-25-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  11. #191
    Fantastic Member Sion Reaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “It is the timeline the Doctor is originally from.” He says.

    “Where the nexus is located is....barren. You have seen a dead world once, Ochazuke. Terra. What you will see here...is different. No danger, not that I have seen. But it is still a grim spectacle. One few have ever known.”

    The doors open once more.

    Surprisingly, Wilhelm steps forward.

    “I’ll...go.....”

    He smiles a bit sadly.

    “I think...I know what Zurvan...means. The burden...of what awaits is......does not sit easily. I can do...this alone if it will...spare everyone.”
    Aleka had decided she ultimately she was going as she couldn't sit idle after what she had learned not to mention she had more then enough energy to spare. Why sit in the side lines when she was able and wasn't doing anything else? Of course others had also joined, mainly Ochazuke, Parsley and the majin. The later was a bit inconvenient but nothing major and he was useful despite his more abrasive personality.

    Likability had nothing to do with usefulness sadly.

    The man, Wilhelm had been through a lot. In the way he spoke, his mannerisms and everything else it was obvious even without knowing their background.

    She couldn't help but ask something; the eerie silence and stillness would drive her mad otherwise. "How..how did it end up like this?"

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The dry ground broke beneath their feet, and the long road before them was barren.

    Ochazuke took a place near Wilhelm, casting his meditational field wide around the group.

    The insights of Zxu'ro's Spider and Bear yielded nothing; there was a planet, its lifeblood cracked and dried. The previous divergences had twist the Earth from its current fate, but whether held ransom to overflowing fire or the Vitalmancer's appetites, there was always something, someone, who emerged to resist what had befallen the planet.

    Here. the palpable silence about them was the most oppressive. Knowing the members of their group were perhaps the only things left alive on the surface held them all in a marooned intimacy. Ochazuke followed in the wake of Wilhelm's solemn march.

    No living presence upon or below the surface. One did not need any more than to feel the hanging air looming around them. All that remains...is structure.

    Long ago, the Old Turtle had taught him the skill of mindful awareness, that even the silence cultivated in stillness held something within it, if one was willing to find it without distraction. Reaching through the long, endless, shadows that stretched all around them, he found the reach of his pursuit disturbingly unimpeded.If there was something to divest his attention as he reached with Kyokushin Keihatsu, he'd have welcomed it as he scanned the surface of this Alternate Earth feeling for some shape in the darkness.

    In the darkness of this world, Nail's artifact hung suspended around his neck by a tether. He lift a hand and pulled his cloak over his gi, the unseen compass pressed into his chest as they pursued the Doctor's path.
    No sound but the crunching of their feet, no light but the one that kept the monsters in the dark of the imagination at bay. For a Elemental Way user, there was a fundamental wrongness about the whole place. It was like the entireity of nature had completely died down to the stars which made her more uncomfortable. Aleka wasn't an easy person to rattle but she wasn't invincible mentally. She knew that well enough.

    Through the silence and the technique her fellow martial artist used she prompted a question as she was pretty sure the unnatural silence was oppressive even for those who found it otherwise comforting.

    Save for Sasheem. But it was Sasheem.

    "What is that technique you're using? You used it before earlier." Normally chatter was a bit easier to break the silence but she still felt very ill at ease at the moment.

  12. #192
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,173

    Default

    To those who can sense outwards, sense structure, they do sense distant man made shapes and one in the direction they are moving.

    Wilhelm's lights as their only real illumination, he speaks in the empty air to keep their focus off the stillness.

    “The silence...gets to you first. Eventually your ears...become sensitive to sound. Anything, even...cloth scraping across a surface...sounds decibels louder. Your normal breathing....like ragged panting. This place is worse. Something...in the atmosphere here. Dimming the light. According...to my sensor, it should be....daylight out.”

    He shakes his head.

    “Zurvan.....he said this world....was dead. Terra was dead, but not like this. This is......a tomb. A mausoleum. And if the Doctor.......stayed here long, then he is not just evil. He’s truly...mad.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  13. #193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    To those who can sense outwards, sense structure, they do sense distant man made shapes and one in the direction they are moving.

    Wilhelm's lights as their only real illumination, he speaks in the empty air to keep their focus off the stillness.

    “The silence...gets to you first. Eventually your ears...become sensitive to sound. Anything, even...cloth scraping across a surface...sounds decibels louder. Your normal breathing....like ragged panting. This place is worse. Something...in the atmosphere here. Dimming the light. According...to my sensor, it should be....daylight out.”

    He shakes his head.

    “Zurvan.....he said this world....was dead. Terra was dead, but not like this. This is......a tomb. A mausoleum. And if the Doctor.......stayed here long, then he is not just evil. He’s truly...mad.”
    Each footfall echoing in the silence twist and lingered with every breath of the thin air. Though he felt himself moving forward into the veil of black, there seemed to be nothing before the glare of Wilhelm's great Terran lights as they tread the path of the dead frontier.

    "...that would be the difference between the Doctor and Jinzi Pantaloon, wouldn't it?" A Flash Cutter formed in his right hand, its sudden spark a white-hot flash that flooded the near total darkness.

    "But if the world is a tomb, perhaps there will be the shape of some memory upon it." There in the distance, a mile or so out was a monument, a building of some sort. Throwing out his arm, the gleaming sphere glided upon its razor-edge, spinning off and carrying its light towards the horizon to create a beacon. The light of his ki broke through the darkness, illuminating - for a time, at least - a destination to reach. "We shall extract from it before he can make all others like it."

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Aleka had decided she ultimately she was going as she couldn't sit idle after what she had learned not to mention she had more then enough energy to spare. Why sit in the side lines when she was able and wasn't doing anything else? Of course others had also joined, mainly Ochazuke, Parsley and the majin. The later was a bit inconvenient but nothing major and he was useful despite his more abrasive personality.

    Likability had nothing to do with usefulness sadly.

    The man, Wilhelm had been through a lot. In the way he spoke, his mannerisms and everything else it was obvious even without knowing their background.

    She couldn't help but ask something; the eerie silence and stillness would drive her mad otherwise. "How..how did it end up like this?"



    No sound but the crunching of their feet, no light but the one that kept the monsters in the dark of the imagination at bay. For a Elemental Way user, there was a fundamental wrongness about the whole place. It was like the entireity of nature had completely died down to the stars which made her more uncomfortable. Aleka wasn't an easy person to rattle but she wasn't invincible mentally. She knew that well enough.

    Through the silence and the technique her fellow martial artist used she prompted a question as she was pretty sure the unnatural silence was oppressive even for those who found it otherwise comforting.

    Save for Sasheem. But it was Sasheem.

    "What is that technique you're using? You used it before earlier." Normally chatter was a bit easier to break the silence but she still felt very ill at ease at the moment.
    Thumbing his nose as he awaited the effect of his attempt, Ochazuke's silhouette shrugged in the darkness, and his boots continued to scrape the unseen ground. Other than the acute feeling of proximity, their voices were the only other indications they remained in company at all.

    "Mindfulness and observation, nothing more," he said to Aleka. "Awareness, after all, is not a thing to be practiced in isolation..."

  14. #194
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    To those who can sense outwards, sense structure, they do sense distant man made shapes and one in the direction they are moving.

    Wilhelm's lights as their only real illumination, he speaks in the empty air to keep their focus off the stillness.

    “The silence...gets to you first. Eventually your ears...become sensitive to sound. Anything, even...cloth scraping across a surface...sounds decibels louder. Your normal breathing....like ragged panting. This place is worse. Something...in the atmosphere here. Dimming the light. According...to my sensor, it should be....daylight out.”

    He shakes his head.

    “Zurvan.....he said this world....was dead. Terra was dead, but not like this. This is......a tomb. A mausoleum. And if the Doctor.......stayed here long, then he is not just evil. He’s truly...mad.”
    Their footsteps echoed through the silence as if they were made at the bottom of an endless cave. The only sounds in the immediate area were their footfalls, their breathing, and the deafening rustle of their clothing. Other than that, nothing. It was maddening, and Parsley had only been there for a few minutes at best. To have spent years in this hell, with nothing but himself and the memories of his greatest failure and worst loss, it was easier to understand The Doctor's mindset, and his supposed idiocy.

    It wasn't idiocy. It was madness. He had been driven insane by this place. While sympathy was still something she was bereft of in his case, her thirst to end his life as a means of justice was waning. In its stead was the feeling that killing him was a mercy. He had lost everything; and while his attempts to gain it back were condemned from the start, it was only then that she realized what he had suffered.

    "It seems we were wrong about him," she intoned. Despite it only being them, her voice lowered to near a whisper. A byproduct of being in complete silence. "What I originally thought was idiocy is actually insanity. This place is Hell. That will drive anyone free of their wits." It spoke to his genius that he was even able to act still, and do all things he had accomplished thus far.

    Her keen sense of observation picked up several buildings all around, and one in the direction of the time pool. That would be the site of their investigation. She had a feeling it was Capsule Corp, but only time would tell for sure.

  15. #195
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,173

    Default

    “Yes. Jinzi....is manic. Genius. Crazy, but...in a good way.” Wilhelm smiles a bit at that. It dies down as they keep walking, the Flash Cutter illuminating more of the darkened ground.

    “Terra.....made me.....near mad. Almost...enough to...do something...terrible. Without Karis, without...duty and faith....I dislike thinking about what I might have done. The Doctor.....if he stayed here for years, then he is mad. Not just mad.....”

    He looks at Ochazuke.

    “He thinks himself......dead, already, Ochazuke. I can...feel it. This place...drove him...insane. He doesn’t...think like Jinzi anymore. He thinks like a man with no restraint. No faith....but to himself. No duty...but what he deems necessary for...his task.”

    He shakes his head.

    “I do not.....think any reasoning, pleading, or......negotiation will work...with him.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •