Page 104 of 216 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3236
  1. #1546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "What?" Etrina picked up the cup in both hands, the gesture momentarily distracting her from her usual composure when dealing with the cook. There appeared to be a cute cat drowning(or melting) in her cup.....and foam animal abuse aside the cup had a rather nice smell to it. The Mage took a sip, a sigh of delight escaping her lips before she could recompose and immediately snap back into mistress mode(albit with a slight shade of red on her face). "Y...Yes. I mean....I expect nothing but the best. That you continue to deliver is simply the reason why you have my favor above all others. Just don't let it go to your head....or do.....Just know I'll be forced to discipline you again, when everything is finished..." The mage tilted her head away. Coming from Etrina....it wasn't a threat as much as an Invitation.

    "Look! He even made tea for us!" Red flew a circle around her own cup, examining it before dunking her head in and pulling it up covered in foam. "Tasty Darkness!"

    "Yes....well.....Foci do not need to drink tea.....However the intention is appreciated." Blue remarked by her own cup, while White sat on the rim and pushed down on her foam cat with her foot in either an attempt to drown or subjugate it.

    Green was already asleep, face first into her team mug.....the occational bubbles breaking the foamy surface.
    Setting the tea tray upon the seat next to Etrina, Zaofan reared back a moment with a small laugh as Red and Green plunged and bobbed within the sweet lather. "Oh, well...you're all so lively all the same, I nearly forgot, eh-heh," he replied to Blue. And by the way the Mistress' lips fought that smile and how her eyes shone with that sharpness, well! Looked like they didn't go to waste!

    A fluttering filled his insides. Whether it was because of the shuttle's rapid ascent or the simple, gooey feeling of approval - even despite the backseat foamjob - a giddy grin fell over the chef's face. When she leaned back, daringly, he slyly craned his right arm over her cloaked shoulders, leaned in and nuzzled her hot, exposed cheek.

    "Whatcha reading?"

  2. #1547
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,325

    Default

    The GP's vessel was, in fact, more impressive than even Jinzi alluded to when he informed Parsley of its pending arrival the other day. So far, it hadn't fallen apart, so she was content to leave her concerns on the gangplank where they would be of greater use. She had been within pods, as well as ships of this style. Most of them had similar design. With so precious few hours remaining until their fated conflict, she had to forego exploring and headed to the command deck. Surely a ship of this size had an intercom system.

    She had missed the best chance to brief the others on The Doctor on the shuttle. That would have been the best time since it was the only time they would be all in one general area and able to pay better attention. With that now behind her, she had to make due. Perhaps it's for the best. I can already hear the same simpletons from yesterday making a ruckus.

    With a sigh, she entered the flight deck. "Is there a intercom on this ship, Pants? I have important information to give out and I'm only doing it once."

  3. #1548
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The GP's vessel was, in fact, more impressive than even Jinzi alluded to when he informed Parsley of its pending arrival the other day. So far, it hadn't fallen apart, so she was content to leave her concerns on the gangplank where they would be of greater use. She had been within pods, as well as ships of this style. Most of them had similar design. With so precious few hours remaining until their fated conflict, she had to forego exploring and headed to the command deck. Surely a ship of this size had an intercom system.

    She had missed the best chance to brief the others on The Doctor on the shuttle. That would have been the best time since it was the only time they would be all in one general area and able to pay better attention. With that now behind her, she had to make due. Perhaps it's for the best. I can already hear the same simpletons from yesterday making a ruckus.

    With a sigh, she entered the flight deck. "Is there a intercom on this ship, Pants? I have important information to give out and I'm only doing it once."
    “Comms station is open. Take it.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #1549
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,466

    Default

    Dash had been studying the controls at the Scanner Station when Parsley came in.

    The Scanner Station controls were, as Jinzi suggested, easy enough to figure out. There were external scanners, for getting read-outs on Planets, Asteroids, and other possible places where life forms might be living, or hiding out. Then there were internal scanners, to track movement within the ship. She figured, since this was a GP vessel, they'd want a way to check on prisoners or anyone else inside the ship who might cause trouble. These were apart from the scanners that always checked the surrounding area for hazards and fed that information directly to the Pilot and Co-pilot stations. Though even these could be adjusted from her Station if needed.

    Hearing that Parsley was about to speak to everyone through the Comm, Dash swiveled her chair away from the console to face the Saiyan Princess.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  5. #1550
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Comms station is open. Take it.”
    Parsley nodded and took over the station. "Attention. Whatever you're doing, drop it. I have information on The Doctor that we all need to know before our battle with the rest of his forces begins. To begin, I will describe the six videos and the audio file that I viewed in his home when we traveled to AT6.

    "The first video takes place 1,212 days after the death of his family, I guess. He says, 'Day 1,212. Attempt seventy failed. Any technology outside this capsule house simply fails. Eventually the perpetual tech rot reduces it all to dirt and ash. I’m having a hard time simply maintaining the outer walls of this place. Not sure why she left me this. Punishment, perhaps. But that doesn’t seem right. Not cruelty, but curiosity then. Yes, that seems more accurate. I’m an experiment. She wants to see what I’ll do. Attempt seventy one will begin in two days. Hopefully...the food situation will improve. Jinzi out.'

    "The next video, 'Day 2,578. Food situation became untenable, so I did the only thing I could. The small part of Adam that I had on me came in handy. I used it and the remnants of the Big Ghetti Star Halo Eva bestowed upon Mea....”

    He pauses.

    “On us. On Meagan and I. Between the two I’ve injected them into myself and they have presented a solution. They can suck what little ambient energy out of the atmosphere exists and convert it to an energy I can live off of. It is not a pleasant sensation, but few things are now. I can’t even remember the last thing I ate or drank. I can’t even recall what either thing tasted like.”

    He pauses again, his non-glowing eye looking off in the distance.

    “Attempt one hundred eighty seven failed.
    '

    "Video 3. 'The third video shows an older Jinzi than before, more gaunt and haggard. The glowing eye more prominent. The features seem a bit stiffer too, less life to them.

    “Day 5,000. I saw her when I woke up. She appears every so often, never says anything but just stands there, blue green eyes judging me. Never stays long. I pleaded with her to kill me.”

    He pauses and shakes his head.

    “But I’m still here. Still stuck on a dead world. Attempt....three hundred and two, I think. Yes, three hundred and two failed. Nothing I make or send out lasts longer than five minutes. Next attempt will be in a week or so.

    He pauses again.

    “I don’t sleep well. Or much anymore.
    '

    "Video 4. 'this one showcases a more...determined Jinzi. Only the look in his human eye is more...manic, like his old self, but clearly tinged with a growing sense of madness.

    “Day 5,635. Attempt Three hundred and seventy partially successful. Release of unknown Ghetti-Adam nanites from my own system created an artificial relay in the atmosphere. Lasted twenty minutes but long enough to scan the entire planet. There is nothing left. Not one sign of human life, not one building, not one iota of anything. I understand now. She said this was to be a new Genesis, a new beginning, but I understand what she’s really is. Desolation. But I can effect things now. The nanites proved I can build even through her tech rot. Before the relay went down, I did get a blip of something....odd. A temporal energy. Will investigate further.
    '

    "Video . 'This time Jinzi’s eyes are wide, mad, erratic.

    “Day 6,450. I did it. I managed to siphon the power of the sun. Dimmed the entire thing permanently to forge the crystalline structure to house the temporal nexus I discovered.”

    He starts laughing, a low and mad sound.

    “This planet will never house life again. I finished what she started with the desolation, I just made it permanent. The sun is dimmed forever, and I have the beginnings of what is necessary. I’ll travel back and stop this all. I’ll.......”

    He stops, clutching his head and breathing heavily.
    '

    "And the last video. 'Jinzi looks into it, and nothing of Pantaloon is left in that gaze. It’s a dead, mad gaze of a zealot. A fanatic.

    A man of utmost purpose.

    “Day 7,407. The crystal and device is ready. My plans are ready. She showed up again, yesterday. She looked at me and smiled, proud or happy. She took part of the nexus for herself and then...left. It doesn’t matter. Whatever she is, whatever her plans are, I don’t care. Nothing matters but the plan. My plan. I’ll break everything, the whole universe, if I have to. Nothing and one one can stop me. I’ll save them all.
    '"

    She stopped and catch her breath. "As you can see, the videos document The Doctor's descent into madness. Trying to reason with him is a waste of time. The man is completely devoted to his ideal and will stop at nothing to achieve his goal. He even expects to die in the coming battle, so threatening him with death is a waste of time. When you face him, fight him as you would any other enemy. He may share Pants' face, but he is still a dangerous enemy. Do not underestimate him. There was also an audio file. 'I can’t sleep. Haven’t in years. I...see things. The perpetual energy I can siphon from the atmosphere keeps me going, keeps me...sustained. Gods, I’m not even...human anymore. I don’t.....I don’t think I’m myself, anymore. I’ve found notes I don’t remember writing. I....I think this is it for me. This last bit of the man I used to be, of Jinzi Pantaloon. It gets harder and harder each day to remember Jinzi. I have a new name. The Doctor. Jinzi failed but the Doctor can and will fix things.”

    A momentary pause. And when he talks again, the voice seems...more human. More the Jinzi of old.

    “The Doctor doesn’t know about this file. This last little bit of me that’s....me has enough left to do this much. Please...please for the love of all that’s holy, whoever hears this......kill me. Don’t let him, let me, do what he plans on doing. It’s monstrous. Project Parting Glass. It’s in my note book.”

    Another pause, a heavy breathe.

    “Good luck. Forgive me, please.”
    '

    "I found the schematics to this machine he mentioned in a notebook, encrypted in a way only our Pants could decipher. Unfortunately, ours was too disturbed by the nature of the weapon to build it. For good reason." She decided to withhold that it was, essentially, a weapon capable of wiping any target from existence. No one needed to know that and get any stupid ideas.

    "Now, I spent last night comparing notes with various people and I believe I have a rough estimate of who we will be facing along with The Doctor. The first and most dangerous is Ishtar's alternate. She said she only faced a simulacrum, one with lessened abilities. The true one is much more powerful, would have access to the full breadth of her Hakai, and would still be able to transform in the same manner as Ishtar. Facing her alone is stupid." She hoped Ishtar paid attention to that part. "The next is Kenbo. He has some kind of time control where he can rewind and even stop time completely.

    "That's all I know of for sure. There are several of us who have yet to face or even encounter an alternate, so be wary. I'm certain there will be at least one Saiyan hybrid. The previous one could go Super Saiyan. There are also the several remaining creations of his that are powered by those mechanical hearts. Then there's the mysterious woman The Doctor encountered, who grabbed a piece of the nexus and left. It didn't sound like she was a part of his overall scheme, but she's still a player, I guess. Regardless, we have several battles awaiting us in the near future.

    "That's all I have. If you have any questions, find myself or Ochazuke."

    With that, she clicked off the comm and stood from where she had been sitting. "I hope you have a few tricks up your sleeve," she remarked to Jinzi. "I suspect you will be his prime target. Though, that goes for all of us."

  6. #1551
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley nodded and took over the station. "Attention. Whatever you're doing, drop it. I have information on The Doctor that we all need to know before our battle with the rest of his forces begins. To begin, I will describe the six videos and the audio file that I viewed in his home when we traveled to AT6.

    "The first video takes place 1,212 days after the death of his family, I guess. He says, 'Day 1,212. Attempt seventy failed. Any technology outside this capsule house simply fails. Eventually the perpetual tech rot reduces it all to dirt and ash. I’m having a hard time simply maintaining the outer walls of this place. Not sure why she left me this. Punishment, perhaps. But that doesn’t seem right. Not cruelty, but curiosity then. Yes, that seems more accurate. I’m an experiment. She wants to see what I’ll do. Attempt seventy one will begin in two days. Hopefully...the food situation will improve. Jinzi out.'

    "The next video, 'Day 2,578. Food situation became untenable, so I did the only thing I could. The small part of Adam that I had on me came in handy. I used it and the remnants of the Big Ghetti Star Halo Eva bestowed upon Mea....”

    He pauses.

    “On us. On Meagan and I. Between the two I’ve injected them into myself and they have presented a solution. They can suck what little ambient energy out of the atmosphere exists and convert it to an energy I can live off of. It is not a pleasant sensation, but few things are now. I can’t even remember the last thing I ate or drank. I can’t even recall what either thing tasted like.”

    He pauses again, his non-glowing eye looking off in the distance.

    “Attempt one hundred eighty seven failed.
    '

    "Video 3. 'The third video shows an older Jinzi than before, more gaunt and haggard. The glowing eye more prominent. The features seem a bit stiffer too, less life to them.

    “Day 5,000. I saw her when I woke up. She appears every so often, never says anything but just stands there, blue green eyes judging me. Never stays long. I pleaded with her to kill me.”

    He pauses and shakes his head.

    “But I’m still here. Still stuck on a dead world. Attempt....three hundred and two, I think. Yes, three hundred and two failed. Nothing I make or send out lasts longer than five minutes. Next attempt will be in a week or so.

    He pauses again.

    “I don’t sleep well. Or much anymore.
    '

    "Video 4. 'this one showcases a more...determined Jinzi. Only the look in his human eye is more...manic, like his old self, but clearly tinged with a growing sense of madness.

    “Day 5,635. Attempt Three hundred and seventy partially successful. Release of unknown Ghetti-Adam nanites from my own system created an artificial relay in the atmosphere. Lasted twenty minutes but long enough to scan the entire planet. There is nothing left. Not one sign of human life, not one building, not one iota of anything. I understand now. She said this was to be a new Genesis, a new beginning, but I understand what she’s really is. Desolation. But I can effect things now. The nanites proved I can build even through her tech rot. Before the relay went down, I did get a blip of something....odd. A temporal energy. Will investigate further.
    '

    "Video . 'This time Jinzi’s eyes are wide, mad, erratic.

    “Day 6,450. I did it. I managed to siphon the power of the sun. Dimmed the entire thing permanently to forge the crystalline structure to house the temporal nexus I discovered.”

    He starts laughing, a low and mad sound.

    “This planet will never house life again. I finished what she started with the desolation, I just made it permanent. The sun is dimmed forever, and I have the beginnings of what is necessary. I’ll travel back and stop this all. I’ll.......”

    He stops, clutching his head and breathing heavily.
    '

    "And the last video. 'Jinzi looks into it, and nothing of Pantaloon is left in that gaze. It’s a dead, mad gaze of a zealot. A fanatic.

    A man of utmost purpose.

    “Day 7,407. The crystal and device is ready. My plans are ready. She showed up again, yesterday. She looked at me and smiled, proud or happy. She took part of the nexus for herself and then...left. It doesn’t matter. Whatever she is, whatever her plans are, I don’t care. Nothing matters but the plan. My plan. I’ll break everything, the whole universe, if I have to. Nothing and one one can stop me. I’ll save them all.
    '"

    She stopped and catch her breath. "As you can see, the videos document The Doctor's descent into madness. Trying to reason with him is a waste of time. The man is completely devoted to his ideal and will stop at nothing to achieve his goal. He even expects to die in the coming battle, so threatening him with death is a waste of time. When you face him, fight him as you would any other enemy. He may share Pants' face, but he is still a dangerous enemy. Do not underestimate him. There was also an audio file. 'I can’t sleep. Haven’t in years. I...see things. The perpetual energy I can siphon from the atmosphere keeps me going, keeps me...sustained. Gods, I’m not even...human anymore. I don’t.....I don’t think I’m myself, anymore. I’ve found notes I don’t remember writing. I....I think this is it for me. This last bit of the man I used to be, of Jinzi Pantaloon. It gets harder and harder each day to remember Jinzi. I have a new name. The Doctor. Jinzi failed but the Doctor can and will fix things.”

    A momentary pause. And when he talks again, the voice seems...more human. More the Jinzi of old.

    “The Doctor doesn’t know about this file. This last little bit of me that’s....me has enough left to do this much. Please...please for the love of all that’s holy, whoever hears this......kill me. Don’t let him, let me, do what he plans on doing. It’s monstrous. Project Parting Glass. It’s in my note book.”

    Another pause, a heavy breathe.

    “Good luck. Forgive me, please.”
    '

    "I found the schematics to this machine he mentioned in a notebook, encrypted in a way only our Pants could decipher. Unfortunately, ours was too disturbed by the nature of the weapon to build it. For good reason." She decided to withhold that it was, essentially, a weapon capable of wiping any target from existence. No one needed to know that and get any stupid ideas.

    "Now, I spent last night comparing notes with various people and I believe I have a rough estimate of who we will be facing along with The Doctor. The first and most dangerous is Ishtar's alternate. She said she only faced a simulacrum, one with lessened abilities. The true one is much more powerful, would have access to the full breadth of her Hakai, and would still be able to transform in the same manner as Ishtar. Facing her alone is stupid." She hoped Ishtar paid attention to that part. "The next is Kenbo. He has some kind of time control where he can rewind and even stop time completely.

    "That's all I know of for sure. There are several of us who have yet to face or even encounter an alternate, so be wary. I'm certain there will be at least one Saiyan hybrid. The previous one could go Super Saiyan. There are also the several remaining creations of his that are powered by those mechanical hearts. Then there's the mysterious woman The Doctor encountered, who grabbed a piece of the nexus and left. It didn't sound like she was a part of his overall scheme, but she's still a player, I guess. Regardless, we have several battles awaiting us in the near future.

    "That's all I have. If you have any questions, find myself or Ochazuke."

    With that, she clicked off the comm and stood from where she had been sitting. "I hope you have a few tricks up your sleeve," she remarked to Jinzi. "I suspect you will be his prime target. Though, that goes for all of us."
    “Nope!” He says, wide grin on his face.

    “Just winging it. Figure we pop in, drop you lot off, and I play laser tag with whatever ships and defenses he has. Decided actually trying to counter his plans is moot. He is, was, me and has had years to prepare. Anything tech or clever wise he’d have prepared for. So instead...instead I’m taking a page out of the old Saiyan book and going old school: smash through whatever he has with extreme prejudice.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #1552
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Nope!” He says, wide grin on his face.

    “Just winging it. Figure we pop in, drop you lot off, and I play laser tag with whatever ships and defenses he has. Decided actually trying to counter his plans is moot. He is, was, me and has had years to prepare. Anything tech or clever wise he’d have prepared for. So instead...instead I’m taking a page out of the old Saiyan book and going old school: smash through whatever he has with extreme prejudice.”
    Turning back to the Scanner Station, Dash rolled her eyes, then smirked at his response, before becoming serious. That was a lot to take in and process, and she wasted no time thinking about it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  8. #1553
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Nope!” He says, wide grin on his face.

    “Just winging it. Figure we pop in, drop you lot off, and I play laser tag with whatever ships and defenses he has. Decided actually trying to counter his plans is moot. He is, was, me and has had years to prepare. Anything tech or clever wise he’d have prepared for. So instead...instead I’m taking a page out of the old Saiyan book and going old school: smash through whatever he has with extreme prejudice.”
    Despite her first thought – which was that the entire idea was dumb – what he said made sense. The only person who could outsmart Jinzi Pants was Jinzi Pants himself. The Doctor had likely been thinking of every possiblity, every possible thing their Pants could come up with and devised a counter for all of them.

    The one thing he couldn't account for: some maniac stupidly firing at everything that moved with extreme prejudice.

    And despite the severity of the situation facing them, she shared his grin. "You know. That just might work. Doing it the Saiyan way never fails."

  9. #1554
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Despite her first thought – which was that the entire idea was dumb – what he said made sense. The only person who could outsmart Jinzi Pants was Jinzi Pants himself. The Doctor had likely been thinking of every possiblity, every possible thing their Pants could come up with and devised a counter for all of them.

    The one thing he couldn't account for: some maniac stupidly firing at everything that moved with extreme prejudice.

    And despite the severity of the situation facing them, she shared his grin. "You know. That just might work. Doing it the Saiyan way never fails."
    Dash turned back in her seat to look at her, at Jinzi and Held as well, "Um Parsley, ah have a question. Maybe more of a thought."
    Last edited by Tami; 08-25-2019 at 08:49 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  10. #1555
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Anubis flinched with each, Thunk ... thunk ... thunk ...

    "Grrrrr ..."

    How was this little thing so damned fast. It was like he was fighting that ... that thing, over again. Only it was made of cardboard, and uh ... who even knows. Letting out a sigh, only to grimace as Durive began to squawk like a bird. The Hound realized that if he was going to get anything out of this creature -- like how many GP Officers he was in charge of, and how easy it would be for Anubis to fuck with them -- he'd have to ...

    Thunk ... thunk ... thunk ...

    "HEY STOP THAT !" Anubis yelled, before breaking into a trot. "I have no idea how you managed to get the job you have ... but I'll find out sooner or later you little ... I SAID ENOUGH WITH THE CHOPPING !"
    The chopping only increased in power and velocity. As Anubis Bagan to move, Durive emitted a high pitched noise that resembled something of a, "Wheeeeeeeee!" Likely the closest he would ever get to speaking, as he attempted to steer Anubis in the direction he wanted to go...namely directly towards a solid wall.

  11. #1556
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash turned back in her seat to look at her, at Jinzi and Held as well, "Um Parsley, ah have a question. Maybe more of a thought."
    "What is it?" she responded.

  12. #1557
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "What is it?" she responded.
    "Well now, it seems that most of us here on this ship have an Alternate. Seein as how Jinzi's plan is to fake the Doctor out by bein unpredictable, ah'm worried that it might be harder to do if the Doctor uses our alternates against us." Dash purses her lips slightly in thought before continuing, "Even if he can't get to them, now, he may have used them to learn more about us, about how we fight."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  13. #1558
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Well now, it seems that most of us here on this ship have an Alternate. Seein as how Jinzi's plan is to fake the Doctor out by bein unpredictable, ah'm worried that it might be harder to do if the Doctor uses our alternates against us." Dash purses her lips slightly in thought before continuing, "Even if he can't get to them, now, he may have used them to learn more about us, about how we fight."
    "...Eh.....I never saw an alternate of me the whole time so I guess I'm a secret weapon!" Erosa pumped her fists at the control panel. ".....but errr........ero....none of our alties acted or worked like us.......thats what makes em an altie right?"

  14. #1559
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Well now, it seems that most of us here on this ship have an Alternate. Seein as how Jinzi's plan is to fake the Doctor out by bein unpredictable, ah'm worried that it might be harder to do if the Doctor uses our alternates against us." Dash purses her lips slightly in thought before continuing, "Even if he can't get to them, now, he may have used them to learn more about us, about how we fight."
    Parsley would have surprised if he had done that. She had seen enough of these alternates to realize that there would always be enough differences between the alternate and the prime version. The basics would likely be the same, but nothing beyond that.

    "These alternates aren't exact copies of us. There are enough differences between us and them that studying them to be would be a pointless endeavor. At best, he'd only discern the basics about us."

  15. #1560
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "...Eh.....I never saw an alternate of me the whole time so I guess I'm a secret weapon!" Erosa pumped her fists at the control panel. ".....but errr........ero....none of our alties acted or worked like us.......thats what makes em an altie right?"
    "Maybe you are." Dash gave her a slight smile, then Parsley responded,

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley would have surprised if he had done that. She had seen enough of these alternates to realize that there would always be enough differences between the alternate and the prime version. The basics would likely be the same, but nothing beyond that.

    "These alternates aren't exact copies of us. There are enough differences between us and them that studying them to be would be a pointless endeavor. At best, he'd only discern the basics about us."
    "Ah hope so." She then nods, "You're probably right about this, still the Doctor managed to round up several Alternates, willingly or otherwise. Not so hard to imagine he found others that he's keepin in reserve."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •