Page 162 of 294 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Seriously?" Held said, more to himself than to Zaofan or anyone else.

Everyones a critic...

"I didn't realize we were all in such a hurry." Held replied with a sigh towards his comrades, casually extending his hand outwards as the flashes of crimson and gold ended, their enemies reduced to waste.

A final burst of crimson dissipated as the golden shaft of his spear pierced through the darkness, moving at luminous speed towards the Nevadian, faster than he could throw, perhaps quicker and with more power than he dare try to catch.

"I can't speak for everyone else here, but as far as I'm concerned, we seem to be ahead of schdule..."

The Nevadian shifted to the left, striking the spear downward with a ki enhanced chop, causing the weapon to flip head over heels, careening into the air above him several meters.

"Well, let's get a move on, Zao." Held said with a nod, extending his hand outwards and diagonally above his head, catching the spear as it careened downwards.
    "The station is about to explode, you idiot," Sarada responded. She shook her head. "Now, stop shining your shaft and let's go."

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    "Hey you two. Do you need some healing done or..?" She let it hang, mostly because as grievous as the wounds looked no one was immediate dying far as she could see.

Karine probably be flustered if she was the one offering to heal, knowing them. She still didn't quite get the young woman's shyness with a clear mate.
    "Nah, I'll be alright. Neva already healed me before I left for the docks," Sarada answered. The best part about that and having such an easy time with those golems was now she could stay Super Saiyan for the entire trip back to Earth. Gradually, her body was getting more and more used to this kind of power.

"Ishtar seems to be healing herself," somehow, "so I guess you can take a load off."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada was struggling to strap herself into the seat. She never once realized how difficult it was to do even the simplest things with only one arm. Damn it. She gritted her teeth and fumbled with the straps when her love's voice called out from the cabin entrance. "I'm here," she answered.

The last time she saw Ishtar, she had blown herself up and was deposited at the bottom of a massive hole. The pain was paramount, and her energy had been dangerously low ever since. That she was not only walking, but running was a welcome sign. She sighed and waved for her to come sit next to her.

The second thing she noticed was that Ishtar was naked. Come to think of it, she had been naked ever since they all convened within Midori's lab. Huh. She must have seen the sight so much, it was more common than seeing her with clothes on. "I'm glad to see you're okay now," she commented. "We totally kicked everyone's ass!"
    Seeing Sarada was a relief to be sure.

She'd known she wasn't dead, certainly, but feeling just how much pain she'd been in as she was being ferried around by Parsley had been something of a serious concern. Though from the state of her it certainly seemed as if she was fi-

"Sarada, I ..."

It took a second to register, but when it did it made perfect sense. "... see. That is the reason why the pain dissipated so swiftly." For a moment, her anger flared and it seemed as if Ishtar was liable to tear the Coldlight to pieces; but a deep breath later she simply nodded. and offered a sigh before smiling over at her love. "We certainly did ... and more importantly, I have finally won some fights." First her alternate -- as much as one could call killing a weaker clone a victory -- and then Marduk, and Teshub's unholy fusion. "Speaking of. Marduk is dead ... as is the Oni that cost you, your hand. Killed them in one shot."

Was she bragging ?

Sure was.

Plopping down into the seat next to her then, Ishtar made sure her Little Love was strapped in before asking. "Will you be asking Etrina to return your arm to you, or will you be copying me ?" Teasing aside, it seemed a fair question.

Aleka decided to make herself useful by checking in on the physical stats of those present, she didn't think anyone was any life threatening injurues(despite how banged up some were) however that didn't mean there was some work that couldn't be done here and there. There really weren't that many healers come to think of it involved in the entire group. Then again, me, Karine or Etrina is more like having ability to heal then a dedicated healer.

Poor Sarada was missing a arm but she seemed in good spirits and more so with the muffin button as ridiculous as it was. Ishstar..didn't look as good but judging by the fact her mate wasn't freaking out was a decent sign.

She wasn't sure if she ever get used to how casual the Oni was about giant wounds in various parts of her body.

The nakedness? It didn't bother her; bare skin wasn't going to harm anyone. You came into the world naked and you ended up leaving it the same. Besides, being an Acorian she was more lax about modesty besides common courtesy and consideration of other cultures.

"Hey you two. Do you need some healing done or..?" She let it hang, mostly because as grievous as the wounds looked no one was immediate dying far as she could see.

Karine probably be flustered if she was the one offering to heal, knowing them. She still didn't quite get the young woman's shyness with a clear mate.
    When Aleka approached, Ishtar appraised the Acorian a moment before making ready to respond, only for Sarada to jump out in front and response for her.

"Nah, I'll be alright. Neva already healed me before I left for the docks," Sarada answered. The best part about that and having such an easy time with those golems was now she could stay Super Saiyan for the entire trip back to Earth. Gradually, her body was getting more and more used to this kind of power.

"Ishtar seems to be healing herself," somehow, "so I guess you can take a load off."
    At which the Oni could only nod.

"... it turns out, provided I apply a Void Barrier to myself; enough damage to it in rapid succession can all but completely restore my stamina and energy. And for that ... Parsley was nothing, if not helpful." She explained, before offering Parsley a gesture and a smile. " Also healing myself ... yes." The itching was gone certainly, yet the regeneration -- for that was what it was, surely, in the manner of a Namekian's innate ability if somewhat slower -- had certainly continued on. "I cannot say for sure what it might be, though I suspect it might have something to do with the Namekian genetic material I ingested roughly two years ago." Though this raised another question:

Will the other vials engender similar ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"It's always a pleasure to watch you work, Zaofan." Held said to his friend with a smirk as they dispatched the enemies in a display of precise destruction. "I alm--"

"Seriously?" Held said, more to himself than to Zaofan or anyone else.

Everyones a critic...

"I didn't realize we were all in such a hurry." Held replied with a sigh towards his comrades, casually extending his hand outwards as the flashes of crimson and gold ended, their enemies reduced to waste.

A final burst of crimson dissipated as the golden shaft of his spear pierced through the darkness, moving at luminous speed towards the Nevadian, faster than he could throw, perhaps quicker and with more power than he dare try to catch.

"I can't speak for everyone else here, but as far as I'm concerned, we seem to be ahead of schdule..."

The Nevadian shifted to the left, striking the spear downward with a ki enhanced chop, causing the weapon to flip head over heels, careening into the air above him several meters.

"Well, let's get a move on, Zao." Held said with a nod, extending his hand outwards and diagonally above his head, catching the spear as it careened downwards.
    After a long moment, Zaofan finally broke the beam, sputtered as he shook his head. In ordinary circumstances, he'd be unsure if he could sustain that rate of fire. It had barely been a week since he had that spar with that hairy-lipped Sheriff; his beam had gassed out when he test it against a fellow trying to fight to regain everything. But today was different. With everything at stake, so much was the difference to fight for and beside a good friend.

"Hah! Couldn't have done it any better if you didn't spot me," he grinned, "Just...the angles, the timing! Are you in my head or what?"

Still, he'd hesitate to call any battle a good one, so much the better that it was over. The Saiyan Queen's call back to reality reminded them of the pressing circumstances.

"Yeah..." he said, shrugging his shoulder, "Let's...bounce."

Brushing his hand high and smoothing over the wild strands of hair as they passed, Zaofan held still for a moment before loosing a soft chuckle.

Held paused, mulling over the question. "It's certainly less work than I expected it to be considering Midori was apparently behind so many headaches..But it's still quite a sweat, nonetheless."

And considering who we lost, I'd say even with how efficient we were, I can't call this a total victory...
    Gazing into the loading bay and the canopy, Zaofan mentally counted each prescence he could ascertain.

Ishtar, Parsley, Ochazuke, and Nevanlinna were still a short ways off...a couple of straggling strangers...

"...have you seen Erosa or Etrina anywhere?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    After a long moment, Zaofan finally broke the beam, sputtered as he shook his head. In ordinary circumstances, he'd be unsure if he could sustain that rate of fire. It had barely been a week since he had that spar with that hairy-lipped Sheriff; his beam had gassed out when he test it against a fellow trying to fight to regain everything. But today was different. With everything at stake, so much was the difference to fight for and beside a good friend.

"Hah! Couldn't have done it any better if you didn't spot me," he grinned, "Just...the angles, the timing! Are you in my head or what?"

Still, he'd hesitate to call any battle a good one, so much the better that it was over. The Saiyan Queen's call back to reality reminded them of the pressing circumstances.

"Yeah..." he said, shrugging his shoulder, "Let's...bounce."

Brushing his hand high and smoothing over the wild strands of hair as they passed, Zaofan held still for a moment before loosing a soft chuckle.
    "Like your people say, Think alike, great minds do...Or something." Held replied with a chuckle, "Still, I didn't realize you had that much control. If you were a hair too heavy, the spear probably would have hit the ground or punched a hole into space..."

Gazing into the loading bay and the canopy, Zaofan mentally counted each prescence he could ascertain.

Ishtar, Parsley, Ochazuke, and Nevanlinna were still a short ways off...a couple of straggling strangers...

"...have you seen Erosa or Etrina anywhere?"
    "...No, not since the chaos began..." Held replied, thinking things over, "Erosa was with me when we attacked the Doctor...Then..."

He trailed off, recalling death throes of Charco, the smouldering corpse in the aftermath.

"Things happened, and I kind of lost my focus for a bit..."

"The station is about to explode, you idiot," Sarada responded. She shook her head. "Now, stop shining your shaft and let's go."
    "
    "Of course it is." Held said with a weary groan, as he headed towards the cockpit to join Jinzi, "Let me guess...Did the Doctor actually have some sort of device hidden in her ass that would blow up the station in the event of her death?"

He stopped for a moment, mumbling under her breath, "No...I can't imagine someone like that would be able to even consider the idea of losing, since we pretty much killed her by a miracle."

He sighed.

"I'm just going to assume that's the case, cause it'd be depressing if someone actually triggered this because they have all the tact of a Saiy--Nevermind. Buckle up."

The spear vanished into a capsule as he headed to his seat.

"Oh! Zao! God damnit!" Held shouted, as something went off in his head.

"Come to think about it, Etrina did go through the trouble of undoing my dibs...I guess if she wasn't just being a jerk, she might be hoping to find something of value before this place explodes..."
    Last edited by Miburo; 09-11-2019 at 09:38 PM.

"Of course it is." Held said with a weary groan, as he headed towards the cockpit to join Jinzi, "Let me guess...Did the Doctor actually have some sort of device hidden in her ass that would blow up the station in the event of her death?"

He stopped for a moment, mumbling under her breath, "No...I can't imagine someone like that would be able to even consider the idea of losing, since we pretty much killed her by a miracle."

He sighed.

"I'm just going to assume that's the case, cause it'd be depressing if someone actually triggered this because they have all the tact of a Saiy--Nevermind. Buckle up."

The spear vanished into a capsule as he headed to his seat.
    Before Held disappears, he hears a familiar -- potentially, given how long it had been since they'd spoken directly -- voice. "Hey Held, nice shot." Were he to turn and look, he would see Ishtar, eyeing him curiously while pointing towards the still healing hole just below her heart.

Though there was no telling if she was offering legitimate praise, or teasing him. Knowing her ... it was both.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Before Held disappears, he hears a familiar -- potentially, given how long it had been since they'd spoken directly -- voice. "Hey Held, nice shot." Were he to turn and look, he would see Ishtar, eyeing him curiously while pointing towards the still healing hole just below her heart.

Though there was no telling if she was offering legitimate praise, or teasing him. Knowing her ... it was both.
    Held turned his head towards the source of the voice. It was more of a habit than a necessity at this point, the Shingan making line of sight irrelevant, even if one took the liberty to assume he hadn't been in proximity to the Oni long enough to recognize her power signature.

"Oh, Hey Ishtar!" Held said sheepishly, his gaze fixated on the gaping hole beneath her heart, "You're looking as radiant as ever, and I'm not saying that just because of a certain incident that I might have been a bit hasty to commit to, now that things have cooled down."

Jeez, I must have really been seeing red....To think that was the course of action I decided on? I mean....I guess it was sound, but still...I try to avoid doing things like that, even if I'm half-convinced she's unkillable.

He paused for a moment, considering her words.

"Although, it was a pretty nice shot, wasn't it? I mean, it would be a pretty different conversation if I missed, I suppose, but I never miss, and I'm not just saying that so you don't punch me in the face. I'm just saying, if anyone was doing it to you, you can't do much better than me."

Please don't punch me.

Held turned his head towards the source of the voice. It was more of a habit than a necessity at this point, the Shingan making line of sight irrelevant, even if one took the liberty to assume he hadn't been in proximity to the Oni long enough to recognize her power signature.

"Oh, Hey Ishtar!" Held said sheepishly, his gaze fixated on the gaping hole beneath her heart, "You're looking as radiant as ever, and I'm not saying that just because of a certain incident that I might have been a bit hasty to commit to, now that things have cooled down."

Jeez, I must have really been seeing red....To think that was the course of action I decided on? I mean....I guess it was sound, but still...I try to avoid doing things like that, even if I'm half-convinced she's unkillable.

"Although, it was a pretty nice shot, wasn't it? I mean, it would be a pretty different conversation if I missed, I suppose, but I never miss, and I'm not just saying that so you don't punch me in the face. I'm just saying, if anyone was doing it to you, you can't do much better than me."

Please don't punch me.
    Ishtar offered Held a deadpan stare ... only to chuckle after several very awkward seconds.

"I said it was a nice shot, did I not ? An Oni cannot lie." She said, before going on to say somewhat bemused. "In truth, I would have been upset had you not do so, regardless. The decision to cause me harm in an attempt to kill one who would slaughter trillions should be a simple one. To say nothing of how truly hard to kill I am ... though I suppose it is fair to be wary since even I do not know my limits in that regard." Though it seemed ... with the onset of this regenerative healing factor; that it was to become even harder still.

"So do not worry. I will not cause you harm. I may even have a gift ... presuming you would care to own a First Race spacecraft."

Arx Inosaan

About what she thought. Neither of the two needed any kind healing and seeing as they were in the middle of some talk, she decided to take that as her out. "I really have no idea how she does it, but she does. Seeing all the other crap though I can't be too surprised. I'm gonna relax and let you two chat. Take it easy."

Aleka went to find a seat to get comfortable and finally let the events of everything else come crashing over her head. It was...well, she honestly wasn't sure where exactly her emotions were right now at the moment. She could say this was far, far more then she had originally bargained for. Protect a planet? Sure. She could deal with that, she understood that. Some way ward pirates were rowdy and needed to be put in their place? Also fine.

Time traveling, alternate time lines, some type of cosmic horror behind the scenes and who knows what else? That was a very different beast and out of her usual pay grade range.

All and all, Aleka thought she was handling things relatively well. The bigger question is if she'd do it again knowing all she knew now?

In a heart beat. She'd admit there was something of enlighnted self interest of a sort at the start, she'd help and return get something out of it. Now that things spiraled further out of control and she was beginning to see more the players on the board, how could she just turn a blind eye? This whole thing was a threat and powdered keg that couldn't be ignored. On top of everything else, this made her feel more useful with a sense of direction she hadn't felt in a while. She'd forever be grateful for that part, even if it wasn't intentional.

In the mean time..let's just a old gal have a few minutes to wind down. Probably won't get a chance like this as soon knowing our track record..

So for now she'd relax.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Seeing Sarada was a relief to be sure.

She'd known she wasn't dead, certainly, but feeling just how much pain she'd been in as she was being ferried around by Parsley had been something of a serious concern. Though from the state of her it certainly seemed as if she was fi-

"Sarada, I ..."

It took a second to register, but when it did it made perfect sense. "... see. That is the reason why the pain dissipated so swiftly." For a moment, her anger flared and it seemed as if Ishtar was liable to tear the Coldlight to pieces; but a deep breath later she simply nodded. and offered a sigh before smiling over at her love. "We certainly did ... and more importantly, I have finally won some fights." First her alternate -- as much as one could call killing a weaker clone a victory -- and then Marduk, and Teshub's unholy fusion. "Speaking of. Marduk is dead ... as is the Oni that cost you, your hand. Killed them in one shot."

Was she bragging ?

Sure was.

Plopping down into the seat next to her then, Ishtar made sure her Little Love was strapped in before asking. "Will you be asking Etrina to return your arm to you, or will you be copying me ?" Teasing aside, it seemed a fair question.
    Ishtar had gotten her ass kicked her fair number of times. Finally getting a few wins under her belt made Sarada happy. Not only because, duh, her babe kicked some ass, but also because her training methods had finally paid positive dividends. Now, if they could break that nasty habits of Ishtar's of losing a limb after every fight, that'd be great.

Naturally, one should ignore the fact that two of Sarada's last three fights ended with her losing a body part. Such a trivial detail was unimportant to her overall point and should not be mentioned.

At which the Oni could only nod.

"... it turns out, provided I apply a Void Barrier to myself; enough damage to it in rapid succession can all but completely restore my stamina and energy. And for that ... Parsley was nothing, if not helpful." She explained, before offering Parsley a gesture and a smile. " Also healing myself ... yes." The itching was gone certainly, yet the regeneration -- for that was what it was, surely, in the manner of a Namekian's innate ability if somewhat slower -- had certainly continued on. "I cannot say for sure what it might be, though I suspect it might have something to do with the Namekian genetic material I ingested roughly two years ago." Though this raised another question:

Will the other vials engender similar ?
    This void **** was confusing. Then again, a lot of the **** Ishtar got herself involved in left Sarada baffled. It seemed to be helping her, so she decided to just let it slide and not worry to much about it. Besides, healing from getting the **** kicked out of her seemed right up her alley. Hm. Maybe I should eat a glob of that void stuff. The benefits seem pretty tempting. ...Nah.

She was sure there was some downside to all this. Like that creep Cthylla suddenly being in her life much more often than she/it was already.

"Sounds nifty. And fun to kickstart. On the kicking side, though there's a certain amount of trollage to be had at getting healed while some jackoff thinks they're beating the **** out of you."

Please don't punch me.
    Wait, that's what that sudden pain in my tit was?

"You... shot Ishtar?"

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Oh? You dare approach the Strongest with your head held high? Do you believe yourself the hero destined to slay the wicked beast?!"

That was it! The look he had been wanting to see from Ochazuke ever since he had encountered him through the boy's eyes. That pained look beyond those enraged eyes! It was an extravagant feast!

Ochazuke's fist struck his stomach, but it was not because Ochazuke had surprised him, nor had Rex been lacking in speed. No, they both knew that Rex had allowed him to strike him with no resistance, to show that despite the spite and rage, nothing would change. Rex would not succumb and release Charco back into the arms of his friends.

No, they had squandered every opportunity to prevent this.

And he could only thank them for their service.
    When he'd thrown his fist, it landed true, struck through the target and braced with perfect form. Teeth clenched, he ground his knuckles where they lay against the rippling scales.

He had not so much as robbed the beast of a breath.

It was only at this range did he discern the true magnitude of Rex's power. Raw, unpolished, and reemergent still, the body he inhabited had still a ways to grow until it could accommodate that hideous strength. Ancient, primordial power, this was the seed of millions of years of slavering selection.

Yet though Rex picked up the scent of his wavering heart, Ochazuke's eyes snarled, narrowing defiantly. And they said "Burn."

Grabbing hold of Ochazuke's wrist, Rex tightened down as he stared the other in the eyes.

"This didn't have to happen this way. Charco only suffered because all of you had poisoned his mind against me."

Quickly turning, Rex flung Ochazuke towards the interior of the Coldlight and quickly followed in pursuit, his ulterior motive for hitching a ride back to Earth revealed.
    The ethereal flame Karura no Kaen wreathed his fist, and Ochazuke pushed it forward. Outmatched in a contest of strength, he would attempt to inflame Rex on the subtle level, as if that would somehow purge this vessel of this infection.

Only, he soon found himself at the mercy of Rex's grip. Ochazuke felt the bones decouple, then splinter beneath his braces.

Helpless to stop this, he was soon sent skidding up the Coldlight's offramp, until his broad frame collided into the wall. Slumped into a pile, the wear and agony shook his frame. As he struggled to get to his feet, his field of view narrowed as blackness slowly overcame him as he collapsed.

"...he told me..." his voice had shrunk to a whisper, but lost little of their vigour, "..."

His lips trembled, but the words were near silent.

The fight with the golems seemed ultimately pointless and a waste of energy, save for self defense. After Jinzi's annoucement it was time to go before they got turned to atoms with the explosion of this First Race base. It was a shame they couldn't keep it around for research purposes or a base of operations, certainly she could-

Karine's thoughts went to a pause at seeing what Totoma was doing, her face blank for a moment. Aleka shrugged, but the surpressed silent mirth and exasperated translated. 'Well you choose him princess."

Totoma could be a idiot, but her was her idiot.

Wordlessly, she urged Totoma along to the ship. Talk could wait, there was a place going to blow up.
    "..."

What?

"..."

Was that...?

"..."

No, it couldn't have been...

She thought it wasn't possible. She recalled, with vivid clarity, asking Jinzi for one and he had yet to make good on that request. She just assumed it was impossible. But this... right in front of her eyes.

She picked up one of the muffins and bit into it. It tasted real. Soft, moist, and buttery, the blueberries were ripe and juicy. "It's real," she whispered.

After calming down from the truth behind the muffin button being revealed to her, Sarada overheard Dash make a comment. She remembered seeing her pass out after fighting one or two of those golems. "Hey, lightweight," she called out. "How many of those golems did you kill before taking a nap?"
    Heh, showing her the muffin button seemed to raised Sarada's spirits a bit. Not as much as Ishtar showing up did, but, eh, he did his part. This fight had been tough, and lots of the group seemed much worse for the wear... the least he could do is lift their spirits with a bit of levity. Now it was time to sit back, relax, and see if he could stay in super saiyan the entire way home. Now was as good as ever to get started on that, yeah?

Sitting down, he let out a sigh, though that restless feeling made the 'relaxation' part damn near impossible, so he was fidgeting and generally antsy. To keep himself occupied, he closed his eyes and reached out, feeling everyone's energy. Everyone's...

...where was Charco's energy? He couldn't feel it on the coldlight or... even on the asteroid. He knew Charco could sometimes be lost in his own world, but he doubted that he'd get left behind by the others... and what was that new energy... the one that felt like.. he couldn't even describe it, but it made a knot form in his stomach.

After a moment spent in thought, Totoma's eyes widened and the knot worsened as he realized the truth of things... the reason Charco wasn't here was because... because...

...oh. That flareup of energy he'd felt... the entire asteroid shaking, that...

Charco was dead.

...and it had happened while he was messing around with a stupid button. ****.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    When he'd thrown his fist, it landed true, struck through the target and braced with perfect form. Teeth clenched, he ground his knuckles where they lay against the rippling scales.

He had not so much as robbed the beast of a breath.

It was only at this range did he discern the true magnitude of Rex's power. Raw, unpolished, and reemergent still, the body he inhabited had still a ways to grow until it could accommodate that hideous strength. Ancient, primordial power, this was the seed of millions of years of slavering selection.

Yet though Rex picked up the scent of his wavering heart, Ochazuke's eyes snarled, narrowing defiantly. And they said "Burn."

The ethereal flame Karura no Kaen wreathed his fist, and Ochazuke pushed it forward. Outmatched in a contest of strength, he would attempt to inflame Rex on the subtle level, as if that would somehow purge this vessel of this infection.

Only, he soon found himself at the mercy of Rex's grip. Ochazuke felt the bones decouple, then splinter beneath his braces.

Helpless to stop this, he was soon sent skidding up the Coldlight's offramp, until his broad frame collided into the wall. Slumped into a pile, the wear and agony shook his frame. As he struggled to get to his feet, his field of view narrowed as blackness slowly overcame him as he collapsed.

"...he told me..." his voice had shrunk to a whisper, but lost little of their vigour, "..."

His lips trembled, but the words were near silent.
    Entering in the Coldlight like it's first-born master, Rex rubbed at the spot that Ochazuke had struck. The sensation of burning could be felt, but if it did affect the saurian it was only minutely. Taloned feet clacked against the floor as he approached him, preparing to commend him for such loyalty to his friend, but the man passed out, his words left unfinished.

A wise person would have killed him, then and there, knowing how much of a threat Ochazuke would prove in the future, yet Rex refrained from such actions. Perhaps the boy's fondness had rubbed off on him? No, that wouldn't have explained the glee he felt. No, what Rex felt was the same feeling he had felt for early humanity, in general, oh so long ago.

A need to break those of potential.

Ochazuke could very well be the one who slays his body if he is not careful, but Rex would be right there, every step of the way, to destroy any hopes of salvation.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The boarding ramp starts to close on the Coldlight.

“Last call, folks. Everyone on board. We are leaving! And who the hell is the lizard man in the cargo bay?”

The Coldlight starts lifting off.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Heh, showing her the muffin button seemed to raised Sarada's spirits a bit. Not as much as Ishtar showing up did, but, eh, he did his part. This fight had been tough, and lots of the group seemed much worse for the wear... the least he could do is lift their spirits with a bit of levity. Now it was time to sit back, relax, and see if he could stay in super saiyan the entire way home. Now was as good as ever to get started on that, yeah?

Sitting down, he let out a sigh, though that restless feeling made the 'relaxation' part damn near impossible, so he was fidgeting and generally antsy. To keep himself occupied, he closed his eyes and reached out, feeling everyone's energy. Everyone's...

...where was Charco's energy? He couldn't feel it on the coldlight or... even on the asteroid. He knew Charco could sometimes be lost in his own world, but he doubted that he'd get left behind by the others... and what was that new energy... the one that felt like.. he couldn't even describe it, but it made a knot form in his stomach.

After a moment spent in thought, Totoma's eyes widened and the knot worsened as he realized the truth of things... the reason Charco wasn't here was because... because...

...oh. That flareup of energy he'd felt... the entire asteroid shaking, that...

Charco was dead.

...and it had happened while he was messing around with a stupid button. ****.
    Seeing as how it had lifted Sarada's spirits, Karine couldn't complain about the end result. Maybe she had been a bit too rash, but her defense she was a bit stressed. Still she should apologize a bit to-

There was a shift in Totoma then, she didn't need to be a empath or have a connection of any kind to know something was wrong. Frowning, red eyes turn to them in worry. "..Something wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Entering in the Coldlight like it's first-born master, Rex rubbed at the spot that Ochazuke had struck. The sensation of burning could be felt, but if it did affect the saurian it was only minutely. Taloned feet clacked against the floor as he approached him, preparing to commend him for such loyalty to his friend, but the man passed out, his words left unfinished.

A wise person would have killed him, then and there, knowing how much of a threat Ochazuke would prove in the future, yet Rex refrained from such actions. Perhaps the boy's fondness had rubbed off on him? No, that wouldn't have explained the glee he felt. No, what Rex felt was the same feeling he had felt for early humanity, in general, oh so long ago.

A need to break those of potential.

Ochazuke could very well be the one who slays his body if he is not careful, but Rex would be right there, every step of the way, to destroy any hopes of salvation.
    His wanderings took him near the entrance to the ship... where the odd energy was. More importantly, it's where Mr Ochazuke was, and while he wasn't the best at sensing others' condition through their ki, he knew enough and was close enough to realize that Mr Ochazuke was either really drained or... unconscious. This he couldn't ignore.

Taking a deep breath, Totoma stepped through the door to the Cargo Bay. What greeted him was... an unconscious Ochazuke, as expected, and some... thing. A lizard alien? And a really strong one at that. Being this close, the being's energy felt... ominous, ravenous, almost. His scowl deepened as he locked his gaze on this thing.

"Whatever you are, you get the hell away from my friend," he said, striding out into the open, his aura igniting into a wildfire. Placing himself between this lizard creature and Ochazuke, he stood tall and locked eyes with the thing.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.