Page 213 of 294 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4408
    All-New Member

Six months had passed since Hops had arrived on this alien Earth. He found comfort in seeing how peaceful everything was. His world had been decaying when he was born, torn apart by war, greed, famine, and poverty. He’d never spent longer than a few days on Earth’s throughout time, he’d never tried to have what these people would consider a “normal” life. Yet, he made an attempt. Once they had landed, Hops separated himself from the others he’d met on the Doctor’s ship. Nothing against them at all, he needed time to adjust to this new life, and they all had their own lives to return to, he told them he would always be there if they needed any help, and that he looked forward to seeing them all again.

In the months since he had met with the Saiyans, they trained together, pushing one another to reach the Super Saiyan level with ease. While he was still discovering his trigger, he had managed to become a bit stronger. Training with actual full-blooded Saiyans sure beats simply lifting weights, even under 30x Earth’s normal gravity. Hops had taken a job in a small town as security officer, justice was all he knew, it had been imprinted into him as a child, “Protect those who cannot protect themselves, and protect those brave enough to try anyway” He’d stopped petty crimes and managed to earn the respect of his department, but he wouldn’t be telling the truth if he said he was truly happy doing it. The Saiyan blood that coursed through him begged for action, wanted more with every rush of adrenaline that surged through his veins. Seeking some grand adventure, Hops jumped on a case involving an illegal fight club. He offered to go undercover and has since earned a name for himself in the underground Prizefighting world. He’d thrown a few fights in the interest of maintaining some semblance of “humanity”. Word of the new fighter reached his department, and Hops has taken full control of the investigation, with himself being the one to watch. Part of him enjoys the rush, and he has since started to take the illegal activity more into a legal light, giving those fighting for a better life, more of a legitimate chance to earn their Zenny, while arresting those who get off watching young men and women pummel one another each night. It gives him a sense of purpose in this new “safe” world.

Default Liberation of the Kingdom of Swampa Part 6

On Qaceria, Fraxat and Grumlock are relaxing. Fraxat spots her grandmother Araxat." Grumlock hide!" Fraxat said.

Grumlock hides behind a boulder." Grandmother, must we have this horrible war against the Replitas? Isn't there a better way?"

" I'm afraid there isn't a better way, Fraxat. The Replitas have to be dealt with. You understand that, right?" Araxat said.

" I don't know. It's just that this whole war feels wrong. wouldn't it be easier just to take out Killrog?" Fraxat said.

" Yes, but then another Replita would just take his place. " Araxat said.

" Grandmother, maybe the Replitas aren't all bad?" Fraxat said.

Araxat hugs her granddaughter." Fraxat, don't empathize with the enemy. Remember, we are fighting to take our kingdom back form the Replitas," Araxat said.

Araxat mechanical arm brings to glow a bright blue. " grandmother, why is your mechanical arm glowing?" Fraxat said.

Araxat does say anything and blasts Fraxat with a beam of energy. Fraxat coughs up blood. " Grandmother, why?" Fraxat said.

Fraxat falls to the ground. " It was for you own good, my granddaughter," Araxat said.

Grumlock jumps up from a rock and lands next to Araxat." You attack Fraxat. Fraxat was Grumlock's friend. Grumlock smash bad Toadian," Grumlock said.

Grumlock goes to strike Araxat, but she just vanishes and appears behind him. " hmm, I guess I better deposed of you. Oh, and FYI I'm an Intoadian," Araxat said.

Araxat telekinetically lifts Grumlock up in the air. Using her telekinesis Araxat places a micro bomb inside Grumlock's skull. Araxat then takes out a remote and presses it. Fraxat sees this and watches helplessly as Grumlock's head explodes.

" Grandmother, how could you. He was only trying to protect me. He didn't deserve that!" Fraxat said.

Araxat doesn't say anything. Instead, she uses her telekinesis to operate on Fraxat's brain. Giving her a lobotomy. " Don't worry, my granddaughter," Araxat said.

" I will make sure you won't remember what happen here or that Replita. " Araxat said. Araxat calls her daughter." Uraxat, this is your grandmother," Araxat said.

" I found Fraxat, but she's in critical condition. " Araxat said.

" What happen?" Uraxat said.

" She was attacked by a Replita. Luckily, I got here on time. I was able to subdue the Replita before he could finish her off. I will be taking her back to my Lab to give her medical treatment." Araxat said.

Araxat hangs up her phone and then puts on a mask. ( I sorry I had to do that to you, my granddaughter, but you force my hand,) Araxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-18-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Default Disciples of the Dragon IV: The Feathers of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Have you been huffing fumes?" Sasheem sneered, picking his ear. "Sasheem's the last practitioner of the Snake. Doesn't matter if that's his fault or not, he deserves to fave these trials as much as you two. ....And Sasheem's probably more qualified anyway."

"So, basically this is your fault," Sasheem decided, shaking his head at Ochazuke. "But....she's the last of the Tiger so, Sasheem supposes she isn't an imposter per se. Still a thief, though."
    "Sasheem," Ochazuke spoke slowly, his words measured. More pointedly, he'd addressed the Majin by name.

"Humour me. Why are you here?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    The Phoenix gestures west.

“Under the mountains. Seek the Peak known as Caliban. The shrine is there.”
    "Ugh, not another Mountain," Zaofan sighed, resting the butt of his staff on the ground, "well, I suppose there's no helping it."

At the very least, spectral as this Lion may be...well, at least it was something fro Earth. "Master Balon! Do you know the way?"

Westward. Extending his senses over the horizon, Ochazuke followed suit by casting his view out upon the sea. Against the Phoenix's great flaming countenance, it seemed like a gaudy expanse of inky blood, cresting to brief points of brilliance that rose and fell.

"If I may, I'd like to have your name before we departed, Guardian," he said to the Phoenix, "The Wolf, the Spider, the Bear, we carry their memory and their knowledge. You, our diminished kin, deserve no less."

Default Nothing Gold Can Stay, Part III

It was not death the Archon of Criostalach offered in the end but mercy, as it had transported the two several thousand miles below the surface of the planet to a place that was known only to the Archon: the Crystal Hollow.

A place the Archon of Criostalach had first learned of it after its soul was bound -- out of desperation -- to that of a young Khosian.

Yet even then, the place had been ancient. Its ability to sense its namesake heightened when their energy was shared between them, the Hollow had drawn the young Archon to it while it had been on the verge of catastrophe. It was in this quiet, dark place that the Archon-to-be had learned that the crystals which lined every inch of the Hollow possessed a calming effect that had served the Eldest well; though it had also found that the Lake at times could facilitate something more direct than simply a mental struggle.

Which was why the Archon of Criostalach had decided against simply killing Ishtar, when it realized what was happening.

It knew the crystals might help prevent further fracturing, and the waters might trigger a manifestation. Things it would risk first -- due to what the Oni had done for them -- before simply putting an end to her life. Though ... as far gone as the Oni was, the Eldest was somewhat worried that outcome was inevitable, all the same. "I make no promises, Ishtar," the Archon chimed softly while holding her as it waded into the cool, dark water. "The Lake may allow you to confront your demons; but it will not help you overcome them." Then, reaching its center the Eldest hesitated briefly, before letting slip its chime-like sigh.

"May it work as I hope, for your sake." Then she simply let Ishtar go ... and allowed the water to drag her down. Only after the ripples faded, did the Eldest return to shore to stand vigil.

If Ishtar could not gain control of herself after all, the only mercy left to her would be a swift death ...

---

As the Oni sank, she finally began to stir.

Unaware of where she was beyond the fact that she was still on Tatenen, she could only focus on the fact that the pain and grief she had felt since arrived was reduced; and further still it seemed that she was more ... coherent. The next thing she noticed, was that it felt like she was falling, and that it was so very, terribly cold.

Is this ... ?

No. Came the calm response. Only a brief respite.

Ah ... so I have not managed to silence you. Ishtar thought, cutting through the biting cold. Why do you ... persist ? It is not supposed to be like this ... why must you make me suffer further ?

For awhile after she said this there was simply silence as she continued to sink, and freeze. It was only after she had reached the bottom of the primeval aquifer and settled on its bottom, that the voice -- her subconscious -- deigned to respond. Though it was strange, she seemed weary. You cannot be this blind. Unless ... you truly do not remember ?

Silence reigned from Ishtar, and she continued on. Or are too far gone for it to matter.

I do not know what you are talking about ! Ishtar barked back. All this is, is more suffering piled on to an already insurmountable amount; and I would have no more of it ! So please ... the Oni continued, growing quiet. Please just leave me to fall apart alone ... so that when the tears and the pain is spent, I can do as I have before ... please. It was here the decision was made, much like it had been five thousand years ago. That she had tried so hard only to suffer, and fail was too much to keep on remembering; so she would do just that. Forget ... and press forward, so that in no time at all -- relative to herself -- it would be okay again. Then she could return to Sarada ...

No ... remember what happened the last time. The weary voice responded softly. She does not deserve to suffer for what we are unable to overcome, and by the time you healed yourself naturally ... she would be long dead.

Liar ! Sarada will wait for me ! Not to mention I have done this before, and was stronger for it ! Ishtar replied, growing all the more sure that all she needed was to quiet her subconscious and forget the pain of the past few days, to properly recover. Though it would have been obvious to any who heard this, the flaws in her reasoning. How suppressing this level of trauma would simply turn her into a time bomb primed to detonate at the next upheaval ... and given the last time she had been overwhelmed by trauma ...

I just need to do it again, Ishtar repeated.

Ishtar, no ... it will not work. Not this time. She said, in an attempt to reason. It was too late however, Ishtar's mind -- or at least the dominant half -- had been made up. To return to Sarada, and make things right in the world; she would simply need to forget by any means possible.

So please ... just go.
    Ishtar said, hoping that for once that would be all it took. Only to find herself as ever, disappointed.

You know that is not how it works ... Fate being what it was however -- a mischievous bitch -- both halves were suddenly overcome with a sense of vertigo; and found themselves staring at each other. Ishtar on one side, and her subconscious on another. Which caused the subconscious half to simply say. I suppose you have your chance now, to excise me for good. Which caused the Oni opposite to simply say, Yes ... Hakai.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 10-18-2019 at 11:25 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Nothing Gold Can Stay, Part IV

A moment later, as the Archon of Criostalach continued its vigil, an Oni exploded out of the once-still waters propelled by a lance of jet-black Hakai that carried her high above into the crystalline ceiling. Not a heartbeat later, an Oni the former's mirror image launched itself from the now tempestuous water intent on putting a swift end to things so that she could finish what she had come here to do ... but as with everything that had led to this queer situation; it would not be so easy a thing to do.

Before Ishtar could slam her fist through her copy's head, she vanished. And reappearing behind the golden-eyed Oni, she grabbed hold of her leg and hurled her away.

Though it seemed the copy had sustained a considerable amount of damage, the beam of Hakai punching a clean hole through her stomach that was slowly but steadily beginning to consume the rest of her. "If this is how it is to end, one hopes I can beat the sense into us our more ... bestial state failed to." She muttered, before closing in. Though it seemed Ishtar, as far gone as she was and now divested of the voice of reason -- her more reasonable half -- that had otherwise been holding her back; seemed more than willing to simply unleash everything she had and had held back.

"Hakai !" Ishtar barked, as another lance of energy was discharged in ... Ishtar's direction.

Yet the Oni was prepared this time, coating her hand in Hakai so that she could simply cancel out the beam with one of her own. Only to be forced to do so again, and again as her golden-eyed counterpart continued to fill the space between them with the energies of destruction. Though as this back and forth continued, Ishtar found herself more and more disgusted by the her opposite. So after cancelling out yet another burst of Hakai, the Oni tried another kind of attack.

So adamant we were about never using it flippantly, and yet here you are using it again, and again; all so you can silence the voice of the one person above all else who wishes to help !" She called out. Though the response she received proved that it would be much harder than simply calling herself out.

"If you truly wished to help you would not have forced this !" Ishtar screamed. "Would have simply shut up and given me the time I needed to piece together my broken mind !"

A burst of lightning struck Ishtar square in the face then, with a response launched soon after. "Like the time before that, and the one before that ? Just how many times do I have to remind us that it has never, and will never work ! All it does is push the breakdown a little further back; the way Zurvan planned for when we were born ! How else do you think we subverted the seal and transformed all those years ago ?"

There was a moment after the words were offered, were the Hollow was deathly still save for the echoing of that last biting question.

How else ...

Not affording her other half the chance to respond during this lull -- or worse, for the Hakai to finish eating away at her -- Ishtar IT'd in and rammed her fist square in the Oni's face. "You have suppressed us, again, and again, and again, and AGAIN !" She roared, her fists continuing to hammer away at Ishtar's face as she tried to do as Sarada had so many times before. "You have made us forget so much. Allowed your mind to be ground down and twisted into what others wanted it to be. To the point where the woman we were ... the woman I ..." She hesitated; and Ishtar -- who had been growing stronger with each blow -- had her opening.

A fist slammed into her chest and out the other side, blood immediately welling up in Ishtar's mouth.

"... damn."

Pulling her fist from out of the Oni's chest with a sickening squelch, Ishtar finally replied after being battered and bloodied. "It does not matter how many times I have done it ... so long as it works, and I can return to my Little Love with a clear mind. Besides," she continued as Ishtar began to fall back down towards the stygian lake. "It is obvious now that you are nothing more than the worst parts of me. The Druj ... Angra Mainyu." Who else could she be after all ? Certainly not the half who had picked herself up, time and time again. Forced herself to press on despite all the things she had suffered, and experienced. She was the half that had fallen. Had succumbed to grief and shattered the Moon ... and once free of her ... of it; she could heal and be the Oni she was truly meant to be.

Judging from the blows she had taken, too, it was just a matter of finishing her off. Something she prepared to do in earnest, only to find that the dying Oni had vanished beneath the waves already. Though it mattered little, all she needed was one more attack.

"Easier than I thought it would be," she mused before outstretching her palms. "Though knowing that you are an aspect of myself ... one must be sure."

As she held out her palms, energy from the Hollow -- and the planet -- began flooding in; and before long the golden-eyed Oni would have enough energy to completely erase her other half from this life and the next ... along with the planet itself. Which would be ... regrettable perhaps, after all she had done to save it. Yet in the moment she could not see past silencing her detractor so that she could begin to mend. Before that could come to pass however, a single lance of jet-black energy punched through the sphere, Ishtar herself, and buried itself in the crystalline ceiling; and her focus now broken from the injury, the energy she had amassed until that point detonated, all but splitting the Crystal Hollow in half.

Seriously injured now, both from Hakai and the explosion that all but ended her, Ishtar could no longer remain airborne. With a pained shriek, Ishtar fell from the sky and slammed down hard onto the outcropping of Crystal that extended out over the lake ...

Only for, a few moments after she landed, her other half managed to rise shakily on demonic wings into the sky above her. Not far from dying herself however -- the Hakai having all but eaten through her and finished bisecting her the way Luop had meant to; alongside her sucking chest wound -- the golden-eyed Oni labored to speak.

"H ... hah. Now you've done it," and the Oni that lay broken against the cliff could only glare, as her other half struggled to continue. "... Now we are both hypocrites." Glancing down at her injuries, the Oni shuddered weakly. "Did my best though, you know. To help us ... achieve that balance Zurvan was always telling us about even though he was engendering the opposite." She said now, barely speaking above a whisper. "All those worlds ... we watched. All those damn 'lessons', designed to erase who and what we ... I was. It's just that ... this time. There was only one thing left to lose ... and I couldn't, not after everything we learned. Understand ?"

Ishtar, managed to lift her head up from where it rested against cold crystal; only so she could say back.

"No ..."

The Ishtar hovering above, managed a small smile. "You always were the stubborn half ... No matter, then." The Oni felt a tug then, and a moment later she lost all feeling in her legs; the Hakai finally doing what it was designed to. "... about that time then, hm ?" The Oni asked, before the tip of her finger began to glow. This time, her other half did not respond, only lifted up a battered hand and stretched it up toward her ... and the intent was obvious.

"Yea ..."

Without waiting to be killed by her other half, a lance of energy bisected the Oni's outstretched arm.

"For what it's worth I am sorry." The golden-eyed Oni said then, clearly pained. "All this suffering," and over something that in the end was proven to be so flawed it was laughable. "Before we die however, I would like to correct one more thing ... that tale Zurvan always told of Ahura Mazda, and Angra Mainyu; and how you always assumed that I was the latter ... you the former." The half below could only stare, too injured now to even protest. "At times I certainly was ... that beast on Tatenen most notably ... but that was part of the lie, wasn't it. Made us believe it was so terribly black and white, made you hate yourself."

Her fingertip began to glow again, only this time the beam was fired toward the ceiling.

"Ahura Mazda ... Angra Mainyu. Just more gilding for the cage; and that last fragment of who we were ? It was our ... my name. Inanna." The Oni turned away then, content at least that she remembered it to the last, "and now our suffering is over. Sleep well, Ishtar."

Finally finished now, the beam of Hakai that had been fired toward the ceiling fragmented; and dozens of lances rained down from the sky above as a Black Rain.

Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 10-19-2019 at 12:31 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default The Mountains of Madness

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The glowing form stepped inside, its full silhouette now visible.

"Hello, nice night for a walk." The voice answered back, the pitch seemed to warble a little....but there was a vaguely feminine tone to it. "......."

The form shimmers a moment, as if suddenly registering something strange. It steps in a little closer. "Are you alive?"

At this range, Zaofan can begin to see something more solid beneath the glow. The vague shape of a young woman. "Are you guests?"
    There was something way the luminous form spoke, the mimicry carried upon its uncanny intonation that sent Zaofan's bleary mind a long distance away from the ice and stone. The snowstorm's howl, he was deaf to it; he only heard...her?

Whatever she was, with a clarity that seemed to cut clean across the distance.

"Indeed it is! I mean yes! We're alive!," he stammered. "And uh...well, in a manner of speaking I guess were are ghosts- Guests! I meant guests! Ha-ha-ha!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I know just the dish!" Shōchū said, perhaps a bit too cheerfully. As soon as they left her mouth, she frowned somewhat before correcting herself, "I mean... I would appreciate that."

The death of her Zaofan, although years ago, was still fresh to her. If the temptation to imprint him onto this timeline's Zaofan grew too strong, she would have to mute her emotional organic mind when in contact with him.

Her visual indicators told her that another had approached... or not? Confused, she followed Zaofan's gaze.

It was interesting to see her computerized sensors try and make heads or tails of this, as they could detect something but could not provide any details other than multiply queries. Her organic mind had a few ideas, but it was difficult to put just a single answer to all these questions. In the end, she simply went off Zaofan's guess, "...a ghost...?"

In the face of uncertainty, she readied her Tentsukuroibō, only a mental gesture away from bringing forth the naginata blade hidden in the staff. Despite this, it seemed the apparent ghost wasn't hostile, not yet.

"Were you expecting guests?" Shōchū asked, answering a question with a question hoping to glean some answers with the spirit's response.
    A slow, soft feeling fell upon Shochu's shoulder, and quickly grew quite warm upon contact.

Apparently, Zaofan needed to get a grip on something.

"Sh-she's looking at me," Zaofan said, a high, strained whisper peeking through lips pressed in an awkward, thin smile.

Adjacent to the two, heavy footsteps pressed forward, crunching through the snow.

"We're headed to the mountain," Ochazuke said curtly.

"I think she can hear you, Ocha." He looked over his shoulder at the martial chef. His eyes caught the light of Erosa's fire for a moment before they moved back to the shimmer woman amid the ruins.

"We're headed to the mountain," he repeated, "because there is a matter of great peril we must attend to. But if these are your lands, surely you must understand."

As he spoke, his subtle sense brushed against her very form, as he attempted to discern her nature with Kyokushin Keihatsu. This etheric body...is there a connection with what lies beneath?

The newcomer, Shochu, seemed to have her bearings about her. Perhaps she too can see a little more than is apparent. And Zaofan, though he shivered like the last leaves on the balding trees, he knew would continue to press forward if it came down to it.

"And surely we have not been the only travelers to come through here."

Default Nothing Gold Can Stay, Finale

Witness to the whole of it, the Archon of Criostalach could only stare when the Ishtar that had been cut in half, managed the killing blow ... and like that, it was almost over. The Eldest still had a task to perform, after all. So approaching warily, the Archon of Criostalach looked the woman up and down carefully; before asking in a soft-sounding chime. "Is all well ?"

An answer that would determine its course of action.

The golden-eyed Oni ... Inanna ... turned, and with a tired half-smile, simply shook her head. "No ... but you have nothing to fear from me. The matter is settled, my mind calm. Free." She replied, before gesturing down at what was left of her. "If at all possible however, I'd ask your leave to stay here awhile ... there are things I would do before I return to the Universe Ishtar left behind." Less worried than before having heard the Oni's voice, the Eldest nodded. "Of course you may, though ... Are you not Ishtar ?"

The Oni smiled, but shook her head. "To be honest, at the moment I'm not sure." She retained the memories, both good and ill after all ... and even the injuries; but to say she was the person that Zurvan made her into, was not at all acceptable anymore. Never would be again. So with a sigh, she simply smiled again at the Archon of Criostalach, before saying simply.

"I will find out soon enough."

Seeming to understand the answer -- for it was something that several Archon had expressed upon their consolidation -- the Archon of Lasair simply extended her arm.

Arx Inosaan

Default Sonata Unbound Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Meanwhile, on Planet Vumpu. Marsrito gets a set of coordinates on a radar-like device he's holding in his right hand." ( Hmm, the coordinates it could be the Black Diamond, but Just who in the hell sent them,) Marsrito thought.

(Anyways, it doesn't really matter who sent them. I will follow these coordinates. If they can lead me to those pirates, then I will extract my wrath upon them. No one kidnaps my son and gets away with it,") Marasito thought.

Marasito gets into an impressive ship and heads to the coordinates. Meanwhile, on the Black Diamond. Pyrrhos has a chat with Sonata." Sonata, I don't think it was wise," Pyrrhos said.

" To beat up the one person who literally knows how every single piece of technology on this ship works. In my opinion. You shouldn't have done that," Pyrrhos said.

Sonata just scoffs at this," So what? That Toadian is too afraid of me to do anything. She knows what will happen if she tries to pull a fast one on me," Sonata said.

" I not so sure about that. There's a saying. A cornered snake can only be pressured so far until it bites back," Pyrrhos said.

Later Fang appears before Sonata in his chambers white as a ghost. " Captain, we have a problem!"

" What's the problem spit it out," Sonata said.

" Here's he, Marsrito here. I don't know how he found us, but he found us! Also, we're stuck, captain," Fang said.

" What do you mean we're stuck?" Sonata said.

" I can't access the flight controls. I have been completely blocked out of the ship's flight terminal," Fang said.

" That F#$king Toadian. She's behind this. Fang is there anyone else besides Marsrito, " Sonata said.

" Yeah, There's Marsrito and three other ships. The three other ships look like Saiyan ships," Fang said.

Sonata & Fang sense Marsrito immense energy, an energy that dwarfs everything in its vicinity like a consuming black hole. ( **** he's not even aboard my ship yet, and I can feel Marsrito's energy. It's insane!" ) Sonata said.

In the cockpit. Pyrrhos also feels the energy. (This insane energy. It can only be one person, Marsrito!) Pyrrhos thought.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "You presume quite a lot......A cripping flaw for an immortal. The warning has been given, I have no further business with you."

The Saleman tipped his hat, and seemed to start turning to leave.

".....on the other hand......you did offer, my best was it? Hehehe...."

The ground shifted under Grinthorns feet, space twisted and warping, the skies blackened and for a faint moment darkness closed in from all sides until nothing was visible save the discolored earth beneath the presidents feet.

Then a massive grin parted the darkness.

"YOU COULDN'T AFFORD MY BEST IF YOU REAPED THE SOULS OF EVERY WHELP THIS WORD HAD TO OFFER A THOUSAND TIMES OVER, DRAGONKIN." Dark void energy coalesced in an orb shaped shell around the man, along with shades of illusion magic so potent it was difficult to pierce through what was real and what wasn't. "But if you want a handout.....Ehehe...." His massive fingers began to close, feeding the bubble of void and shrinking it in around him.
    Grinthorn’s eyes flash and the world falls away until only the two of them remain.

An a terrible presence looms behind and all around the shadow form. One so vast it seemed to make the Earth seem small. Weather the manifestation was real or an illusion, no one could tell. But every magic user on the planet gets a nose bleed from the sheer scale of the magic presence unleashed here.

Alakazah, Eldfen, the true form of the First wishing dragon ever made.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 10-19-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Sasheem," Ochazuke spoke slowly, his words measured. More pointedly, he'd addressed the Majin by name.

"Ugh, not another Mountain," Zaofan sighed, resting the butt of his staff on the ground, "well, I suppose there's no helping it."

At the very least, spectral as this Lion may be...well, at least it was something fro Earth. "Master Balon! Do you know the way?"

Westward. Extending his senses over the horizon, Ochazuke followed suit by casting his view out upon the sea. Against the Phoenix's great flaming countenance, it seemed like a gaudy expanse of inky blood, cresting to brief points of brilliance that rose and fell.

"If I may, I'd like to have your name before we departed, Guardian," he said to the Phoenix, "The Wolf, the Spider, the Bear, we carry their memory and their knowledge. You, our diminished kin, deserve no less."
    “Cinder. Farewell, brothers. Come again if you retrieve the secrets.”

Balon motions.

“I know the way. Farewell, Cinder! We shall meet again. Until then!”

He bows to the Phoenix, then lifts off and heads westward.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

" My name is Araxat. My race The Toadians' Kingdom on Qacriea was taking over by a Tyrant name Killrog. My race is currently rebelling against him and his forces the Replitas. We're fighting against them with high tech weaponry, but I'm afraid it isn't enough." Araxat said in an eerie calm tone.

" It's a bloodbath right now, and the Replitas' regeneration makes them difficult to deal with," Araxat said in an eerie calm tone.
    OT: For Cleric
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

"Would you believe Sasheem if he said it was for selfish reasons?" The Majin grinned. "If you want a serious answer, though. Sasheem is here for the same reasons he's training under Master Balon...to see if he can learn somethin'."

Without another word, Sasheem followed the Phoenix's instructions, flying westward.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Later Fang appears before Sonata in his chambers white as a ghost. " Captain, we have a problem!"

" What's the problem spit it out," Sonata said.

" Here's he, Marsrito here. I don't know how he found us, but he found us! Also, we're stuck, captain," Fang said.

" What do you mean we're stuck?" Sonata said.

" I can't access the flight controls. I have been completely blocked out of the ship's flight terminal," Fang said.

" That F#$king Toadian. She's behind this. Fang is there anyone else besides Marsrito, " Sonata said.

" Yeah, There's Marsrito and three other ships. The three other ships look like Saiyan ships," Fang said.

Sonata & Fang sense Marsrito immense energy, an energy that dwarfs everything in its vicinity like a consuming black hole. ( **** he's not even aboard my ship yet, and I can feel Marsrito's energy. It's insane!" ) Sonata said.

In the cockpit. Pyrrhos also feels the energy. (This insane energy. It can only be one person, Marsrito!) Pyrrhos thought.
    The three Saiyan ships found the pirate ship and immediately opened a portal for Sarada's and the other seven Saiyan ships to jump to their location. Soon, all eleven ships were present and moved to surround the stationary pirates.

What's this? Sarada felt a massive power level from somewhere nearby. It wasn't the pirates, but someone else. Hehe. I guess the universe is filled with strong people. Just hope whoever it is is on my side.

Rather than waste everyone's time -- the pirates weren't very strong -- she decided to handle this herself. Clenching her fists, she transformed into a Super Saiyan, letting her massive power explode. It surpassed even Marsrito's by a good deal. "Stay here. I'll be back." She grabbed a small breathing apparatus and put it on. It would give her four hours of air supply, which was more than enough to deal with the weaklings on that ship.

She headed to the airlock and formed a skin-tight green shield around herself before letting the air dissipate and heading out into the dark, empty void of space.

She crossed the distance to the pirates in an instant, appearing in front of their largest window and looking inside. Hm? I can feel what's her face on board. Ah, the frog. ****, what's her name? Whatever it was, she would find out why she -- that being Qaztoh -- was on board in a second. She moved and punched a hole in the hull so she could slip inside, then placed a wall of energy to plug the hole for the time being.

"Alright, where are these kids?" She reached out and found a large collection nearby. She started in that direction, prepared and more than happy to make anyone who tried to stop her regret it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Sonata Unbound Part 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The three Saiyan ships found the pirate ship and immediately opened a portal for Sarada's and the other seven Saiyan ships to jump to their location. Soon, all eleven ships were present and moved to surround the stationary pirates.

What's this? Sarada felt a massive power level from somewhere nearby. It wasn't the pirates, but someone else. Hehe. I guess the universe is filled with strong people. Just hope whoever it is is on my side.

Rather than waste everyone's time -- the pirates weren't very strong -- she decided to handle this herself. Clenching her fists, she transformed into a Super Saiyan, letting her massive power explode. It surpassed even Marsrito's by a good deal. "Stay here. I'll be back." She grabbed a small breathing apparatus and put it on. It would give her four hours of air supply, which was more than enough to deal with the weaklings on that ship.

She headed to the airlock and formed a skin-tight green shield around herself before letting the air dissipate and heading out into the dark, empty void of space.

She crossed the distance to the pirates in an instant, appearing in front of their largest window and looking inside. Hm? I can feel what's her face on board. Ah, the frog. ****, what's her name? Whatever it was, she would find out why she -- that being Qaztoh -- was on board in a second. She moved and punched a hole in the hull so she could slip inside, then placed a wall of energy to plug the hole for the time being.

"Alright, where are these kids?" She reached out and found a large collection nearby. She started in that direction, prepared and more than happy to make anyone who tried to stop her regret it.
    Back at the Lookout, Praxat is with Blizzar and Nadila when Althena walks by them. "Althena, Qaztoh has been taking by pirates. Pirates who have been going around kidnapping children. I, Held, Blizzar, and this teenage girl Nadila are going after them," Praxat said.

Althena shows anger for the first time as her skin turns red, and she balls up her right fist." Kidnapping children, such an act is despicable!" Althena said.

Back onboard the Black Diamond. Sonata enters the engine room and grabs Qaztoh. He then proceeds to slam her into a wall." You, F#$king bitch," Sonata said.

" Cause of you. I have Marsrito, and whoever else that other massive power is on my ass. I took you, and the other kids in. I found you lost in the middle of space and gave you a home," Sonata said.

"I give you specific orders to turn on the hyperdrive and the cloaking defense system. Instead, you f#$king disobey my orders!" Sonata said.

Sonata smacks Qaztoh, and knocks her to the ground." I'm through taking orders from you. So go ahead hit me, it won't make a difference. It's already over for you," Qaztoh said.

Marsrito is mopping the floor with a bunch of pirates, but strangely enough, he leaves most of them alone." You pirates sicken me. Kidnapping children and force them to be a part of your crew," Marsrito said.

" You have no honor!" Marsrito said.

While searching for his son Marsrito is confront by Pyrrhos. " Stop right there I can't allow you to harm anyone board this ship," Pyrrhos said.

Marsrito gives Pyrrhos and an icy cold stare." You are Pyrrhos correct?" You claim to be a warrior of justice, and yet you going around kidnapping children," Marsrito said.

" Where is the honor in that? There is none, so don't you dare call yourself a warrior of justice! You're not but scum!" Marsrito said.

Pyrrhos attacks Marasito with everything he has. Marasito isn't phased and just stands there quietly. Pyrrhos then pulls out his strongest attack Super Nova.

An attack in which Pyrrhos covers the entire area in an immense wave of blue fire that spreads in every direction." This is my strongest attack. No matter how tough you are. you still need to breathe," Pyrrhos said.

" So I'm going to burn away all your oxygen," Pyrrhos said.

However, to Pyrrhos shock and horror. Marasito grabs him by the face through the blue flames. " You're puny flames won't save you from my wrath pirate. Nothing will," Marasito said.

Marasito punches Pyrrhos so hard that he goes flying through several walls. Ultimately flying pass Sarada, and smashing into a room.

Pyrrhos lays there and coughs up blood. Marasito then appears before Pyrrhos and drags him out of the room. " Now talk. Where is your captain keeping my son, Marasito said.

Meanwhile, in the engine room. Qaztoh grabs her cell phone as Sonata approaches her. She uses her access to the ship's mainframe. To unlock the door to the room that children who didn't encounter Marasito were bring kept in.

" Sonata smacks Qaztoh" What was that. What in the hell did you do?" Sonata said.

" That was me freeing the rest of the children aboard this ship. Also, I come to a conclusion. That I was never lost in space," Qaztoh said.

" You attack my ship three years ago, and abducted me!" Qaztoh said.

Sonata grabs Qaztoh and pins her to a wall." I didn't abduct you. I saved you, and the rest of the children. I gave you a purpose, I made you my engineer, " Sonata said.

Qaztoh spits in Sonata's face." My purpose isn't to be your f@#king engineer. It's to liberate my race and become a Queen! That is my purpose," Qaztoh said.
    My Forum check it out

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    As much as he enjoyed the pleas and flattery, Rex could not help but laugh at the old man. Perhaps to humans, Engrevain's diplomacy would have been flawless, but Rex was no human.

"You presume your importance, old man," The saurian said, voice still tinged with amusement, "I do not need your scouts, nor your knowledge. I could simply remove these lands from the Earth as easily as your fragile hands could prune an unwanted branch from a tree."

Seizing the man's hand, Rex proceeded to lift Engrevain out from his wheelchair, dangling in the cold air before the others.

"Despite this, you do have some importance," Dropping the man back into his seat, he glanced to the others, "All of you will bear witness to the sins of those before you... and their consequences. In return for the safety I provide you will warn the rest so that no one else will forget the follies of Avalon."
    "hurrg.....Your foresight knows no bounds, my lord." Engrevain answered, slightly out of breath. His body didn't particularly care for being dangled like a fish on the hook....but it would take more then that to end him, not with all that was required of him.

"What our paltry camp can offer is yours, should you wish it......With you are our lead, I suspect we'll no longer need to fear what lay in opposition. Morgan." Engrevain turned to his female assistant. "Gather the others....and relay the message to the guide. We move as soon as we are able. I'll not keep our host in waiting."

Engrevain turned his chair to face the distant mountains. "My brethren have ignored the call of history for far too long....today, we'll witness it as it should be, as it was always meant to be"

Inside his pocket, Engrevain momentarily caressed an amulet....stained with age and dry blood. A cold, grey rose. A feeling of comfort washed over him......it would all be over soon.

~~~

As the expedition prepared to follow in Rexs wake, some facts soon became apparent. With the exception of Engrevain himself, and the so called guide whom was waiting somewhere ahead for them....the entirely of the expedition, from the soldiers to the workers to the pack carriers, were all identical. With the majority gathered without their survival equipment on, it was like someone had copy and pasted the same body over and over again.

They collectively referred to themselves as Morgan...a situation that in any other context would lead to mass confusion, and yet when each passed orders to the others or received orders from Engrevain it seemed they immediately understood who was being referred to.

Then again....Engrevain had a habit of always giving his orders to one Morgan specifically that then relayed them. Perhaps there was something underlying to this arrangement.

If such a thing even mattered to Rex.

An expeditionary force had been prepared and was ready to move out. Engrevain directed Rex attention to the entrance to a cave system that lay to the north at the base of the mountains....from which his advance guide had informed him several of the creatures had exited from.

The sun was already close to setting now...

....underground, something was beginning to stir.