Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
Ishtar flashed another smile, when Sarada expressed again her excitement and desire for training; before easing back into the tub to consider her latter comment.

... there's only one way to find out for sure how strong you've gotten.

Which was true enough.

Though at the same time, her 'change' had happened only a few short moments before the arrival of Glacia, and if the measure was combat, it had not gone well. A hole punched in my side, a deep gash across my back ... Whatever power she had recovered from having her Hakai -- and by extension her Ki, as intertwined as the two were -- returned; seemed not to influence much.

... Of course, she had not used it.

So with a sigh, Ishtar responded. "I suppose so. Yet I am not liable to find it out anytime soon as it is not as if I can simply test it ... too dangerous now, I should think." Which made this more of a slap in the face, really. As now that the Hakai was free, there was no knowing truly how it would react, or change, what she'd managed to learn up til this point without -- as far as her utilizing the full extent of it, consciously -- Hakai.

"Setting all of my issues aside for now, however ..." Ishtar said then, pressing up against Sarada. "I still have you at least. Which makes everything else seem less bleak, and more bearable."
Whether it was a year from now or somewhere further down the line, so long as Sarada got to test herself and her power against Ishtar's Hakai, then she was more than happy to wait. Besides, she figured they be busy raising their family and mopping up the gods' mistakes; not to mention Sarada's own duties as Saiyan Queen. Their plates were going to be more than full for a long time to come.

In a way, she was looking forward to it. This wasn't the kind of challenge Saiyans sought when they were bored or trying to test themselves, but it was a challenge nonetheless. Politics was just a new battlefield ripe for the conquering. She couldn't wait.

When Ishtar pressed herself against her, Sarada wrapped her arms around her torso and held her close. "You'll always have me, love. I'm not going anywhere." She kissed the side of her neck and closed her eyes. The next mission would likely be starting soon, but it didn't sound very exciting, so she was more than happy to sit this one out.