Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169
Results 2,521 to 2,526 of 2526
  1. #2521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    She had been attempting to ignore Ochazuke's ruckus while the Acorian and that halfbreed idiot's paramour attended to him, but it seemed their efforts weren't entirely sufficient. Well, no matter... perhaps assisting would keep her mind focused on more pertinent matters.

    Approaching the three, Nevanlinna focused her hearing and simply listened for a short while. Ochazuke's breathing seemed a bit... strained, labored, which helped confirm, inasmuch as it could be, what the man was trying to indicate. Namely, that there was some sort of lung injury. A simple matter to remedy.

    "Allow me," said Nevanlinna. Kneeling down, she lightly placed her hands over, roughly, where the lung injury should be. Focusing, healing energies began flowing from her hands and into the martial artist, concentrated in the area of the injury. Normally, the healing process would be quite painful as everything popped back into its proper place, but, unbeknownst to Nevanlinna, Aleka's efforts had already pre-emptively mitigated at least part of that issue.

    "This lot certainly finds itself in a state of disrepair after nearly every battle," she muttered, somewhat in jest. A small grin spread across her face "Perhaps I should start charging for my services?"
    With Nevanlinna's effort, Ochazuke slowly began to feel a measure of relief as at last his torso fell with a deep exhale. In conjunction with Karine's increase of ki flow through the shadow needles, the injuries soon ameliorated themselves. Eyes half-shut, dark pools glazed over, he soon settled where he lay.

    Suddenly, his hand pushed from the inside, seizing Nevanlinna's forearm sharply. Even reduced to this state of helplessness, countless hours of training manifest; morewover, perhaps Aleka's soothing foundation on top of this caused him feel as if he had some momentary reserve of strength within his previously shattered flesh.

    He applied a short twist, enough to mechanically, painlessly, crumple the bend of her elbow and drew her near. His voice was hoarse, faded for he only had just recovered his breath, and the grip of that previously shattered wrist weak. But the single word was spoken with a particular harshness.

    "Auroc."

    The name of the Threshling god passed from his lips, and soon Ochazuke faded into unconsciousness.

    There would be little gained from this revivification of all too mortal flesh. No increased fortification or adaptive swell of power for their efforts. After all, the course for the people of the Earth was a fragile path rendered of scars and memories.

  2. #2522
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    OOC: Decided to rewrite this one out of boredom.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Charco is a friend of mine. Sadly, I think I failed him and....I fear he is gone now.”
    Shōchū visibly perked up upon hearing the first part of this statement; to think that her cousin knew the Kami! However, her excitement did not last long as Eva continued on and even her partial cybernetic nature could not suppress the look of despair that came across her face. She had hoped her cousin had been spared in this timeline so she could save him as he had saved her all those years ago.

    She had hoped that she could only have to kill one Charco.

    Her expression returned to the neutral look common among the machine mutants, pushing aside her organic emotions for the time being. There was much more at stake now than how she felt.

    "Do not blame yourself, Miss Eva, " She began, "If there is anyone to blame for this, then it is the Beast himself."

    Despite this, her hands tightly gripped the long and narrow clothed-covered bundle she held. No longer would she idly watch in terror as others died to the wicked tyrant. There would no other faces haunting her nightmares, not after Zaofan.

    "For the sake of all living things, I will purge Rex from this timeline, so it does not end up like mine."

  3. #2523
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's been a while since Meagan thought about Fife and the parasite within him, and about Sakin. She was reminded of something that Eva had discussed with her shortly after she became a Guardian.

    "I had discussed this very question with Lady Evangeline not long after I took on the mantle of Guardian. Sakin is still out there, but there has been no sign of him or his parasites since we defeated Fife. Eva believes that he is laying low, hiding for some reason. His parasites are likely being held back, contained by him so as not to give away his location. He is still a threat, but for now he's not making any moves. One of the first warnings I passed out to the Guardians I made contact with was about him.

    From what I understand, he acts more like a spider than a wasp. He lures his targets to him, instead of going for a direct attack. That doesn't mean he might not try it in the future."
    "Not as reassuring as it should be." Whatever he was hiding from was holding him back for the time being, but if he had a purpose for using these parasites, he would be making his move eventually. Even though she was safe for the time being, Maiz decided to stay vigilant. She wouldn't dare assume she could fly under his radar. "I'd suggest you remain vigilant, even if he's inactive," she said, folding her arms. "Eventually, whatever purpose he has will need to come to fruition. Then, he'll act. My predecessor, Ceriac, fell victim to him. The same can't happen to me."

    There wasn't much more she could say without more insight into what it was that Sakin wanted or how he operated. "About this Guardian link you mentioned, it sounds like a good idea. How many other guardians would be connected? Is it telepathic? And can it be used against us?"

  4. #2524
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Not as reassuring as it should be." Whatever he was hiding from was holding him back for the time being, but if he had a purpose for using these parasites, he would be making his move eventually. Even though she was safe for the time being, Maiz decided to stay vigilant. She wouldn't dare assume she could fly under his radar. "I'd suggest you remain vigilant, even if he's inactive," she said, folding her arms. "Eventually, whatever purpose he has will need to come to fruition. Then, he'll act. My predecessor, Ceriac, fell victim to him. The same can't happen to me."

    There wasn't much more she could say without more insight into what it was that Sakin wanted or how he operated. "About this Guardian link you mentioned, it sounds like a good idea. How many other guardians would be connected? Is it telepathic? And can it be used against us?"
    Meagan silently agreed that Sakin was someone to stay vigilant against. It was unclear if he had anything to do with Iris' demise, but she had seen with her own eyes the evil he could bring about.

    "For now it is only partly telepathic, the other part is technological. Even among Guardians, none are strong enough psychics to reach out over vast distances that separate us. However, I am in contact with others who are, as well as working with those who are developing more powerful communications technology. For now, I am acting as a nexus for the Network.

    As for the risks, that is something I am working on minimizing as well. Currently I have reached out to 52 Guardians, including yourself. For now, I am the only one who knows the location and identity of each of these Guardians, and this information I guard jealously. It would be nice if we could freely talk with each other at will, without fear. Perhaps someday that can be arranged. Until then, the information is locked away safely here at the temple here on Chroma." She frowned slightly as she spoke, this was indeed one problem with her network, one whose solution continued to elude her.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  5. #2525
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan silently agreed that Sakin was someone to stay vigilant against. It was unclear if he had anything to do with Iris' demise, but she had seen with her own eyes the evil he could bring about.

    "For now it is only partly telepathic, the other part is technological. Even among Guardians, none are strong enough psychics to reach out over vast distances that separate us. However, I am in contact with others who are, as well as working with those who are developing more powerful communications technology. For now, I am acting as a nexus for the Network.

    As for the risks, that is something I am working on minimizing as well. Currently I have reached out to 52 Guardians, including yourself. For now, I am the only one who knows the location and identity of each of these Guardians, and this information I guard jealously. It would be nice if we could freely talk with each other at will, without fear. Perhaps someday that can be arranged. Until then, the information is locked away safely here at the temple here on Chroma." She frowned slightly as she spoke, this was indeed one problem with her network, one whose solution continued to elude her.
    Maiz narrowed her eyes. "I'll be honest, this doesn't sit well with me." Perhaps she was being unfairly paranoid, but in her long-life she had learned one of many things: if something didn't smell right, it was no good. Worked for food, bullshit, and this was no different. She could appreciate what Meagan was trying to do -- attempt to keep all available Guardians in the loop. It was a fair and right cause, one that would benefit all of them under the best of conditions.

    Yet, the best of conditions was fleeting. There were too many ways this could go wrong for her to involve herself. At least at the moment. "I won't be able to visit Chroma any time soon. As soon as Sarada returns, we have a lot of work to do here on Vocado and Callion. But, I need you to send me that information you've amassed."

  6. #2526
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Maiz narrowed her eyes. "I'll be honest, this doesn't sit well with me." Perhaps she was being unfairly paranoid, but in her long-life she had learned one of many things: if something didn't smell right, it was no good. Worked for food, bullshit, and this was no different. She could appreciate what Meagan was trying to do -- attempt to keep all available Guardians in the loop. It was a fair and right cause, one that would benefit all of them under the best of conditions.

    Yet, the best of conditions was fleeting. There were too many ways this could go wrong for her to involve herself. At least at the moment. "I won't be able to visit Chroma any time soon. As soon as Sarada returns, we have a lot of work to do here on Vocado and Callion. But, I need you to send me that information you've amassed."
    "I can send you information on the technology and other means of communication being used and in development. Any assistance in perfecting the system would be welcome.

    However, with all due respect, one thing that I can't send you is the information I have compiled on the Guardians in the network. There is only one copy, a hand written ledger that I keep secure in a vault in the temple when I am not using it. Too many Guardians have died already, I have seen worlds which once had Guardians but no longer do and the knowledge of them fading away.

    Few even know of the ledger's existence. Lady Evangeline, my husband Jinzi Pantaloon, and now yourself. I am making plans to share this information with my Apprentices, when they are ready, but that is the extent of it."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •