Page 46 of 294 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Teleporting next to Parsley, she caught sight of the battered Sayian Queen. "Oh my Goddess, your hand." She then looked around, "Who did it? Are they still here?" then back to Sarada and Parsely, "Sorry I'm not so good at healing."
    "I did," Sarada answered tiredly. "I was cursed by the sword that Oni," she pointed her stub at the unconscious red Oni laying some distance away, "was carrying. My hand was burned to a literal crisp, so I thought that cutting it off would prevent the curse from taking over. It didn't." Now, she was handless. The only fortune was that she was right-handed, and thus could still write. But, her left hand was her best fondling hand.

!!! She then realized that she could ask Jinzi to give her a mechanical hand with different vibration settings! Hehe. There's a silver lining to all this after all.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Andron nods, then speaks again, "And what of the other one? Can you say what the other one will do once blue bird takes flight?"

" By the way, the one with the grey and white feathers heart is beating, I say that it's most likely a female, and probably the mother of the blue one at that. My first guess is that it's going to tend to its nest and go back to her mate. My second guess if the birds are not mother and child, but rather a couple. That the one with the white and grey feathers will follow the one with the blue feathers once it takes flight," Althena said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The person pauses, then quickly runs out.

" Dammit why in the hell was that person in my lab, and what were they looking for? Either way, they had no business being in my lab and are probably an intruder. So I'm going to sound the alarm," Praxat said.

Praxat goes to a panel with a red button presses it, and then turns on her intercom to speak with her fellow scientists." I have urgent news I think they might be an intruder at Capsule Corp. I just caught a figure looking around my lab for something. I don't know if they took anything, but I'm going to check to see if any of my stuff is missing," Praxat said.

Praxat checks around her lab to see if anything in her lab is missing." Let's see there's my cleaning tools, equipment, jobox, and goggles I'm working on making a modification for," Praxat said. Praxat then after making a checklist of her stuff double checks to make sure none of her stuff is missing.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

"Another one?" Parsley nodded. "I have to find Ishtar. I think she's fighting her alt by herself!"

That wasn't a fight the Oni was going to survive, much less win, unlocked Hakai or not. Sarada wasn't completely over-reacting, so she was still alive. That much was good. "You need to wait and get your strength back. You at anything less than full power will get killed at worst and will only hold Ishtar back at best."

"...tch. Does anyone have a senzu bean? Or anything that can heal?" Sarada asked, hoping someone would answer her this time.
    "I have something. One moment."

The voice, of course came from Karine as she got her needles. "One thing I need to work on is restoring energy but it should give you a bit more besides the healing part." From there she gently used the needles to get to work, it didn't hurt at all. She was grateful for her lessons in the first place but it was apparent she needed to push it further if her friends and allies were going to get more hurt during intense battles. "I'll see if I can find anything about regeneration if possible when I get home but it'll take time."

"I did," Sarada answered tiredly. "I was cursed by the sword that Oni," she pointed her stub at the unconscious red Oni laying some distance away, "was carrying. My hand was burned to a literal crisp, so I thought that cutting it off would prevent the curse from taking over. It didn't." Now, she was handless. The only fortune was that she was right-handed, and thus could still write. But, her left hand was her best fondling hand.

!!! She then realized that she could ask Jinzi to give her a mechanical hand with different vibration settings! Hehe. There's a silver lining to all this after all.
    Around this time, Aleka came back as her task was completely finished for the moment. "All right I'm finished with the nexus.." She trailed off seeing Karine gently healing Sarada and the young woman missing a hand. "What happened? Is she going to be okay?"

"An enemy tried to curse her and she removed her hand so it didn't spread. It may have worked if it was more a spread design but unfortunately not. She did well though." Karine answered saving her friend a bit more energy from speaking since even that seemed to take some out of her at this point. "She should be fine, but she'll need rest."

Damn. Poor kid. At least it wasn't her leg or something and there were ways around it but that still had to suck.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    "I have something. One moment."

The voice, of course came from Karine as she got her needles. "One thing I need to work on is restoring energy but it should give you a bit more besides the healing part." From there she gently used the needles to get to work, it didn't hurt at all. She was grateful for her lessons in the first place but it was apparent she needed to push it further if her friends and allies were going to get more hurt during intense battles. "I'll see if I can find anything about regeneration if possible when I get home but it'll take time."
    It wasn't a senzu bean, but Karine's needles -- the technique was almost certainly bestowed upon her by Chuan -- did help tremendously. The pain was gone, and the acupuncture stopped the bleeding and jump-started her body's natural healing so that the wound closed nicely. Had she attached the hand to the stump before hand, she could probably be able to use it, even though it was extra-crispy. But then, she wouldn't be able to get a kick-ass robo-hand.

It was for the best.

"Thanks... Karine," she muttered. "It's good... seeing you again."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

In her room on the Lookout, Qaztoh has been testing out her formulas for a liquid solution for her egg reduction producer in her virtual testing simulator. " Okay, the first formula has a high chance of causing a mutation were extra limbs generate on the body. The second formula has a high chance of mutating poison glands into a flammable substance. The third formula has a high chance of mutating poison glands into a highly volatile substance," Qaztoh said.

Qaztoh goes over the results of her formulas she has tested so far in her virtual testing simulator." the fourth formula has a high chance of mutating the poison glands into a highly corrosive & toxic substance. It seems that each formula so far would have a drastic effect on Toadian poison glands. However, most of the formulas test so far have the likely hood of sharing on similar effect, and that is one causing a mutation that allows the poison glands to generate toxic & corrosive, flammable, volatile, misc substances on their own without the need for outside assistance," Qaztoh said.

Qaztoh double checks her results." these results are remarkable, to say the least, but they are not what I'm F@#%king looking for. I hypothesize that by looking at the results that certain chemical compounds mix in certain quantities have a drastic effect on Toadian biology resulting in mutations. If my hypothesize is correct then that means there's a chemical combination out there that could change how many eggs a Female Toadian can produce, I just need to find the right chemical combination," Qaztoh said.

Qaztoh gets to work on testing her next formula. " Okay, this is a simulation test of formula no 30. Hopefully, it will provide the results I'm looking for. I did a ton of research on genetic engineering and biotechnology, I have based my formulas for my Egg Reduction Producer off my research, so one of my formulas is bound to provide the results I'm looking for, Qaztoh said.

Qaztoh begins testing out her next formula in her virtual simulation, while she is doing that in reality if anyone were to enter Qaztoh's room they would notice that Qaztoh has a strange high tech VR helmet on her head hook up to a rather large computer system with glowing lights. That's being power by a portable generator.

They would also notice that Qaztoh's room is kind of pig pen, and that Qaztoh hasn't bothered to pick up her trash. Almost everything in her room is clutter and unorganized. To the left of her room is a big pile of dirty clothing that Qaztoh has not bothered to pick up and put in a basket to be clean. One look at the room and one would think that this is room suitable for a pirate.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-25-2019 at 05:02 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Parsley's ax sang as it sliced clean through the hybrid's neck. His head tumbled to the ground, with his body falling limply beside it. Another abomination against the Saiyan race had been disposed of, and Parsley felt good about what she had done.

She vaporized the body to make certain he wouldn't bother her again.

With that done, she held the weapon up to eye level and examined it. "Feels like this was made just for me," she murmured. Observational Insight would reveal its secrets to her. Perhaps the alternate version of herself had it created for her, but never got a chance to use it. Unfortunate for her, but just in time for the one true Parsley to benefit.
    That is almost spot on.

Your insight shows you that the blade was made for your grip, your strength, your power. It’s keen edge is not katchin, but something else entirely that may be even better, stronger. It belonged to your alternate, who passed on and it was taken as a trophy of her death.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "He made it to stop...himself?" Blizzar questioned, raising a brow. Clearly it was a more complicated issue than he realized, regarding this other Jinzi. "I see. What exactly makes this Project Parting Glass so deadly?"
    “It.....it’s a conceptual weapon, Blizzar. For something like what the Doctor is, protected by regenerating nanites from the big gheti Star and Adam, it will strip all that away.”

He looks at Blizzar.

“But it does so by.....warping time. It locks the target’s body in time, then unmakes the targets body, and anything else in the bubble. Time as a useable weapon is....terrifying, Blizzar. Time travel and time magic is one thing, but this....this is point and click.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    After the blow lands and sends her counterpart sailing away, Ishtar staggers upright, using the brief interlude to catch her breath, and asses her wounded side.

Not without considering, however, that despite the ups and downs -- of finding hope and subsequent stripping away of it -- this was going about as well as expected. To the point where it was not unlike her fight with Nergal; the only true difference being that the curve wasn't nearly so severe between herself and her Alter ... well, that and the fact that the Goddess of Ruination was unlikely to toy with her for as long as her cousin had.

And knowing that, Ishtar could only hope the task that the others had come here to do, was finished quickly.

"Ah ..." Ishtar exclaimed with a wince, as a hand pressed down on her side to briefly slow the blue-black blood oozing from her side. There was nothing to be done about it now, unfortunately, the wound was a mess and she needed the pain it provided to sustain Araska, regardless. Which prompted it a dry chuckle. "I wonder how long I can keep this up."

Sensing her respite was at an end, Ishtar scanned the horizon in search of her Alter; and once she'd been found the newly transformed Oni targeted a chunk of falling moon before using gravity magic to fling it into her. Not bothering to see if it connected or not, Ishtar then loosed a torrential burst of electricity before launching herself after it, coating her claws with Katchin in the hopes she might return the favor and tear a chunk out of the Goddess of Ruination.
    She does so, taking a chunk of the left arm.

The Ruination goddess looks messed up. She backhands Ishtar away, then charges two balls of Hakai and throws them after her. Then cold mists starts pouring over the area, shrouding the Goddess from sense and sight.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "So the goal is to get it open, then?" His shoulders stirred, his fingers tightening over folded forearms, concealed. As far as he knew, there was no underlying condition that afflicted the Terran princess, only that a long, dreamless sleep was preferable to the waking nightmare her guardian had protected her from for countless years.

He turned to Wilhelm. However much Char had known of the developing circumstances, the real reasons for Jinzi's absences, and the truth of what had happened days ago only he would know. But what he asked was weighted with that shadowy world they had only just returned from. "I know you have your reasons, but if this is indeed the best time for her to wake..."

Deeper into the facility they went, following a directed path that anticipated discovery, to penetrate the matter on a scale unseen for those who did not know where to look. Dr. Gero saw a way through, but Ochazuke saw the controlled infection that spread through her. All that set to her fingertips, her senses, her very being; doubtless that affected how she saw the condition of things. Countless gaps to divide, bridge, and fill. To replace, to graft with something better.

"...you would be the one to do it, wouldn't you, Gero?"

When they arrived, the first thing Ochazuke noticed about the cloistered facility was the sterile, metallic scent that waft through its exacting geometry. Even through the insulated walls he could feel the generated power that poured into the room. Yet it was only when they set foot into the chamber, seeing the Cryo-Tube nested in a machine-crypt of monitors, panelling concealed, thrumming silicone set upon a floor crossed with cabled guts feeding energy into the operation that he became aware; that of much of the scientific practice, the sheer breadth of these attuned instruments - including Adam's eyeless face set atop its mock-human shape - he felt painfully out of his depth.

"Can you believe she would call you aggressive?" he said to Adam, "Quality is hardly a thing to be quantified."

He stood before the princess, arms still folded. After all, the only thing he could do in turn was observe. His meditation expanse fell through the room, attempting to discover just what they had planned for Karis, and what lay beneath the surface of Adam. Char had called them upgrades, but she, too, held something unseen.
    Gero smirks a bit.

“Well, I am the best.”

Wilhelm watches her walk away towards the pod before looking at Ochazuke.

“Not...waking her yet. Not..safe on Earth. Though....have faith you’ll...prevail. Just seeing if...we CAN....wake her when there are more....peaceful times.”

Nods to Adam who walks over and speaks.

“Doctor Gero speaks generally. My nanites consume and replicate. Aggressive.”

He shrugs in a fake human way.

“But she has made steps in improving me. Energy consumption and absorption is far easier. More types of energy too. Jinzi will be pleased.”

To Ochazuke, the room seems ready to introduce a small amount of nanites in a crack in the side of the tube so they can try and map out the machine’s insides without damaging them. As for Adam.....sensing him has always been difficult, but you do see that he seems slightly larger than normal. His ‘skin’ more mirror shiny then before.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The skin of his arms had split from the impact of the blow, blood flowing freely from it as the dust settled.

Exhausted by his efforts, Charco only spared his alternate a look before feeling that familiar headache return, unaware that it originated from his reaction to seeing the book.

"Not such a bad job either, me." He replied, each word punctuated by a soft ragged breath.

"...****... that hurt..." He grumbled to himself before withdrawing his capsule wallet. Pushing the button and tossing it aside, his portable wardrobe appeared with an audible popping noise and a puff of smoke. Crouching down to a built-in cupboard, he opened the door to reveal a mini-fridge and in it, a bottle of Korinzu tea. "Thanks, grandma." He muttered before popping off the top and downing the bitter but healing brew. Not quite as potent as a senzu bean, it did visibly stop the bleeding of his arm and slowly did the tore flesh begin to knit back together.

"Whew... so, what's next?" he asked the Deputy, having recovered as much as he was going to for the time being.
    Deputy Charco quickly fossilizes again, then shatters and his more reptilian form is back.

“Man, that takes a lot out of me.”

He grabs the book and gestures to the others.

“Seems the invasion is stopped. Regroup, I guess. Can’t sense either Ishtar anymore.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Whatever the alternate Ishtar had done to move the two away had been violent enough to leave a small tear in the fabric of space, nothing that could be noticed normally....but it was there all the same. Etrina floated closer and gave the tear a meticulous examination. The tear would have to link to wherever the destination point of the teleport had been....but in its present state it could not facilitate any form of travel.

She needed something bigger......yes....if she could rip it back open, even in an unstable state it should provide her a path to the destination point.

Etrina steadied herself above the tear and began channeling her magic into her hands, cupping her hands around the tear and letting the energy pour into it. A trickle at first, then a stream.....the a river. More and more, she needed more power...more magic.....every last bit she could pull from herself. Her hair bristled, her eyes flashed, her hands glowed scarlet crackled with dark energy.

More.....More.....

A aura of Condensed Magic formed around her, and as her Power Level Spiked a pink glow coated her skin and her eyes turned to dark pools with a glowing red pupil in each. The void energy within her burned, seethed....like pouring pure alcohol onto a fire, it added to her power in a way that nearly burned too hot for even her transformed body to handle.

Then, finally....at the Apex of her building of energy, she directed into all into the tear with an allmighty scream.
    A sickly line of yellow green energy rips open before her. It’s about ten feet tall and one foot wide. Not wide enough to get through, but a start.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Dammit why in the hell was that person in my lab, and what were they looking for? Either way, they had no business being in my lab and are probably an intruder. So I'm going to sound the alarm," Praxat said.

Praxat goes to a panel with a red button presses it, and then turns on her intercom to speak with her fellow scientists." I have urgent news I think they might be an intruder at Capsule Corp. I just caught a figure looking around my lab for something. I don't know if they took anything, but I'm going to check to see if any of my stuff is missing," Praxat said.

Praxat checks around her lab to see if anything in her lab is missing." Let's see there's my cleaning tools, equipment, jobox, and goggles I'm working on making a modification for," Praxat said. Praxat then after making a checklist of her stuff double checks to make sure none of her stuff is missing.
    Several blueprints are missing. Also, the alarm doesn’t sound.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Deputy Charco quickly fossilizes again, then shatters and his more reptilian form is back.

“Man, that takes a lot out of me.”

He grabs the book and gestures to the others.

“Seems the invasion is stopped. Regroup, I guess. Can’t sense either Ishtar anymore.”
    "So, how'd you do it?" He asked.

Charco didn't care that he might end up with a reptilian look like the Deputy, as long as he could keep a hold onto his own mind, body, and soul he would be willing to pay any price.

A sickly line of yellow green energy rips open before her. It’s about ten feet tall and one foot wide. Not wide enough to get through, but a start.
    Cyanna gets a feeling that she should check on Sensei Etrina. Scanning the area, she finds what she thinks is her location, then teleports over there.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.