Page 204 of 294 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 4408

Default You Look Like You've Seen a Ghost: Part 3

Sasheem masked his ki, charging headfirst into the Basilisk Miasma. His opponent could be sensed the closer he was through her general location. Another Anaconda Maw was fired off blindly through the fog. Sasheem smiled to himself. That meant his opponent was starting to panic....maybe. If not from being unable to locate the Majin then from the fact that the miasma was slowly starting to dissipate. And not of her own volition.

Sasheem was absorbing the fog into himself through his pores. It had begun to cause his flesh to sizzle and melt, but he'd suffered far worse under Baric's rot. All he had to do was concentrate...stay focused enough to not let the venom effect him. Soon enough, the miasma had mostly vanished from the warehouse and to Sasheem's opponent....the Majin had all but vanished as well.

...But not for long, the Majin appeared, leaping from the floor tiles before the ghost woman, utilizing Naga Palm, additional hands sprouting on each of his sides and his back. His Naga Palm was met with the ghost woman's own rendition, hers having one extra hand sprouting from her back.

The twos' multiple arms locked, almost like a test of strength as their eyes glared into one another, a look of familiarity in each, something that unnerved Sasheem slightly. They soon broke off their interlocking arms and began to fight hand to hand. Each strike, each blow in the traditional style of the Snake School

Serpent's Fang Stance

Toxin Injection

Spinning Cobra

The last one, Sasheem used before his opponent had time to react, spinning around rapidly and smack her face, and torso with the back of his Naga Palm fists. His Majin physiology always had made him a natural at the swift and precise movements required of the Snake School. That's always what she told him anyway..."Sasheem doesn't know why you bothered to come back..." Sasheem uttered. "But, he'll be more than happy to send you back!"

The ghost woman as she fell to the floor suddenly caught herself with her ekbow, using it to leap forward and launch a kick at Sasheem's chin...but he caught it with two of his hands, and pulled her closer as he released Venom Mist from his mouth. Not just his own, but all the miasma he had absorbed as well. His opponent caught the full brunt of it....and fell to the floor.

Sasheem watched as she lay on the tiles motionless a bit...before she quickly sat up, breathing heavily but not dying of the intense venom she had breathed into her system. It was understandable, to Sasheem at least. There had been only one individual within the Snake School, within Coral Canyon who had undergone such intense training so as to be virtually unaffected by even the five deadliest venoms. That woman now sat before him as she removed her hood to reveal a smiling face.

The Snake Mistress of Coral Canyon.

She stood up and brushed herself off, facing Sasheem...the venom wasn't fatal, perhaps it never was considering she was already deceased, but she still swayed uneasily under its effects. Sasheem, against his better judgment, held her steady. "You're nowhere near as strong as Sasheem is...but even then you held back?! What kind of revenge mission is this if you don't go all out, old lady?" He snarled, only for his eyes to widen as he palm gently touched his face.

"Sasheem..." she smiled, a look that almost seemed...proud? "You've grown up!"

Sasheem glared at her...memories cropping up from centuries ago. Before he'd even spoke in a language most understood. When he'd first traverses through the Canyon...studied in it's falls. The Majin watched in surprise as something...hit the back of his hand. Droplets of water....from his face, his eyes?! "What...what is this?" He asked, his voice wavering slightly.

"....They're tears," the Snake Mistress blinked. "Are you fucking stupid?"

Sasheem promptly dropped her on the floor. "I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DAMMIT!" he snapped. "Give Sasheem a break, he was trying to have a moment here! Then you had to go and ruin it you old bat. Why the hell are you back anyway?!"

The Snake Mistress simply held a hand to her face and chuckled to herself. "Fufufufufu!" she couldn't help but snicker.

"OH! Now, it's funny! You know Sasheem was actually gonna apologize for murdering you and the Snake School, but he feels more than a little justified now!" The Majin ranted over his old sensei's continued laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    It feels longer then what the star map says. It's probably because of anxiety..

After they got the star chart from the young princess of where her father may be located, they had set out once everything else was in order. From what it was said, it wasn't going to be a short trip as it was quite a bit away from earth. All that being said, time seemed to drag on far longer then she would have liked on this trip to rescue her father. With all the false starts and disapointing leads once they got there, this felt almost too good to be true. The only issue was the very real possibility of danger when they got there.

In the mean time to kill time besides training or talking, she had been trying to see if there was some way to call the Umbrus Lord power to her own. All she had to work with was theory of what she read but one thing that seemed to be mostly consistent was it came about when pushed. It didn't seem like something she could just tap into without being put in such situations, or at least placing her herself in that mental place.

Then again from what she read she wasn't sure she wanted to.

With her her friends ever increasing in power and the enemies along with them, then it be something if needed she'd push herself through. The last thing she'd want was to become was a burden unable to protect her home or those she cared about.
    In the ship's training area, Totoma was hard at work refining his skills. In the past few years, he had come to a realization--that while his mother had taken Saiyan-Do to the level of an artform, it simply didn't suit him. Yes, he had long since accepted his saiyan side, but in his heart, he was a zhu, and it was only right he fight like one. As such, before leaving Earth, he had not only asked his father--a master of the style--to record himself fighting and performing katas, but gone to Boar Island to ask the same of his grandfather, who was the grandmaster to his father's master.

He spent some time watching those recording, committing the movements to memory. No, not just the movements... he took something he learned from Ochazuke and attempted to dig to the very heart and rationale behind the style. Why they moved and fought as they did. Certainly, he lacked Ochazuke's finely honed observational skills, but at the same time, merely forcing himself to think like that...

...it bore fruit once he began his training in earnest. His natural saiyan aptitude for fighting, of course, helped a lot, but taking even a slightly deeper look at his clan's style allowed him to adapt and refine it further than he'd ever dreamed of. The style originated from his ancestors mimicking boars, and as such, practitioners of the style typically fought in a very low stance. To outsiders, it would appear to be mere animalistic brawling, but the style had a focus on flexibility, both in how it approached combat and... body. One of the key teachings was to perform certain stretching exercises until he could quite literally bend over backwards and put his head between his legs.

...or 'kiss his own ass' as his mother had put it one time.

Each strike, each movement, was quick, designed to press an opponent and 'gore' them like a boar's tusk. He wasn't quite adept enough at this point, but as he had little else to do, he spent his... days, for lack of a better way of putting it, practicing the Boar style almost obsessively. If not that, then training with Karine, and if not that, then... cooking.

Honestly, most would find it repetitive, but he really enjoyed this sort of simple routine.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    A short time after Jinzi exits the building, Meagan, dressed in formal attire, steps from within to also greet those attending. In addition to her duties as Guardian, she is also an official ambassador of the planet Chroma.

Despite her loose clothing, her pregnancy is now starting to be a little more visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Jinzi and Meagan are greeted by Althena. Althena is wearing her usual attire. Not being the one who cares about material things or the style of her clothing. Althena within a few weeks before the Summit had earned a trustful reputation among the humans.

For her selfless acts. A little girl walks up to Althena and hugs her. " You're my hero frog lady," the little girl said

Althena pats the little girl on the head. The little girl then smiles at Althena and walks off.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Qaztoh is standing outside Capsule Corp wearing a beautiful golden dress. Decorating her head is a tiara embedded with Iridium diamonds. Qaztoh has her eyes set on going to the summit.

Qaztoh hears a ring from her cell phone. She takes it out and sees a message from Mr. Gazaki. (So, I'm eighty percent close to finding the right serum for my Egg Production Reducer. Knowing that I'm so close to my goal has me all excited,) Qaztoh thought.

Meanwhile, Praxat is booked up in her lab in the mechanical engineering wing of Capsule Corp. Busying with the Ultra Katchin she has. ( You stupid lump of metal. I don't care how long it takes, or what temperature I have to reach, I will forge you,) Praxat thought.
    Sarada sighed as people started to arrive for the Summit. She was hoping this would be a more reserved event, but some had other ideas. She also just assumed that only she and Blizzar would be attending, since they were the ones who sought an alliance with Alakazah back when they were young and dumb and didn't know who and what he really was. At least she knew that Ishtar was coming to keep an eye on him, because she was getting a feeling some fuckery was about to go down.

Maiz, when she got a load of the two giant Toads, was at a loss for words. She had seen many races in her nine decades of life, but this was a new one. "Hm."

"I wouldn't worry about them," Sarada commented quietly. "Those two aren't really consequential." Meagan being there wasn't much of a shock, if Jinzi was going to be there. Might as well make the unofficial official. Sarada also noticed that Meagan's pregnancy was finally started to manifest more visibly.

She approached Meagan and nodded. "Hey, Chubby," she greeted with a wide grin. "Not surprised to see you. I assume you're here to either support Jinzi or to make a Chroma/Earth alliance official?"

Maiz stayed where she had been standing, but still nodded at Meagan.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Thought I sensed you two," came a familiar voice. Tasure approached the two, wearing a sleeveless shirt over her saiyan bodysuit. She was sweaty and had a towel draped over her shoulder. Clearly, she had been training. "Hey, Jinzi... thanks again for lettin' me use your gravity chambers. Know it doesn't mean a lot to someone as rich as you, but Bekon's agreed to let you and yours eat for free once he re-opens the restaurant."

Tasure was acting completely normal, for her, but one thing was quite abnormal at the moment. Namely, the fact that she was a Super Saiyan at the moment. She turned to the Saiyan Queen and Guardian. "So, how're things in the Empire? I've been busy training my ass off here. Made some nice progress, if I say so myself."

She knew of the summit, of course, but had no intention of going. The matter didn't interest her at all, and she didn't have jack **** to wear for something like that, anyway. This was simply... catching up, for her.
    Sarada had left just before Tasure made herself known. Maiz glanced at her and widened her eyes a fair bit. She hadn't been expecting Tasure to have yellow hair and took a moment to realize what was going on. "Congratulations. You're fourth." She still smiled softly and patted the younger Saiyaness on the shoulder. "Perhaps our race is finally starting to reach the power we had before Otatop."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada sighed as people started to arrive for the Summit. She was hoping this would be a more reserved event, but some had other ideas. She also just assumed that only she and Blizzar would be attending, since they were the ones who sought an alliance with Alakazah back when they were young and dumb and didn't know who and what he really was. At least she knew that Ishtar was coming to keep an eye on him, because she was getting a feeling some fuckery was about to go down.

Maiz, when she got a load of the two giant Toads, was at a loss for words. She had seen many races in her nine decades of life, but this was a new one. "Hm."

"I wouldn't worry about them," Sarada commented quietly. "Those two aren't really consequential." Meagan being there wasn't much of a shock, if Jinzi was going to be there. Might as well make the unofficial official. Sarada also noticed that Meagan's pregnancy was finally started to manifest more visibly.

She approached Meagan and nodded. "Hey, Chubby," she greeted with a wide grin. "Not surprised to see you. I assume you're here to either support Jinzi or to make a Chroma/Earth alliance official?"

Maiz stayed where she had been standing, but still nodded at Meagan.
    Smirking slightly at her comment, Meagan placed a hand on her slightly protruding abdomen, then nodded, "It was a last minute decision. There was talk among some of the statesmen and women for some time about bringing Chroma into a closer alliance with Earth. Once I heard about it from Jinzi, it seemed like as good an opportunity as any." then becoming more serious, "I have been fully briefed on the risks, yet he is still officially the planetary leader of Earth. My first concern is to support Jinzi, and others who will be in attendance. Diplomatic relations are secondary."

Meagan then looked to Maiz, "Welcome, Lady Maiz. It is good to see you."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A few weeks into the Time Skip.........

Jinzi, dressed well, walks out of Capsule Corp to greet those going to the Summit.
    Sarada had left just before Tasure made herself known. Maiz glanced at her and widened her eyes a fair bit. She hadn't been expecting Tasure to have yellow hair and took a moment to realize what was going on. "Congratulations. You're fourth." She still smiled softly and patted the younger Saiyaness on the shoulder. "Perhaps our race is finally starting to reach the power we had before Otatop."
    Sarada was busy with... more official duties. Every day she became more and more glad she had chosen to stay out of that damned tournament. Back then, she could have won with ease, but... political **** that monarchs had to deal with wasn't for her. All she wanted to do was fight, eat good food, have Bekon sandwiches, and spend time with her family. "Here's hoping. So, how'd the guardian job? Judging from Eva, it seems like it'd be a huge pain in the ass."

He shakes his head.

“No picture. She.....was already in...stasis...when I promised to...protect her. Before...I had never....met her, nor......she myself. She should be....twelve...or thirteen....I think.”
    "In a few more years she'd be a adult, still its going to be rough no matter what age.." It was hard for Aleka to imagine what a young girl of that age would think or do in that kind of situation of having all your loved ones, your home and way of life totally gone. That would of broken most adults. She herself had lost her family in a horrible day, but even then her home and other things related to her life weren't gone on top of that.

After a moment, she continued. "On lighter news, if its all right with you I'd like to ask you what your home was like. Before the wars that tore it apart, what was your planet like then?"

In the ship's training area, Totoma was hard at work refining his skills. In the past few years, he had come to a realization--that while his mother had taken Saiyan-Do to the level of an artform, it simply didn't suit him. Yes, he had long since accepted his saiyan side, but in his heart, he was a zhu, and it was only right he fight like one. As such, before leaving Earth, he had not only asked his father--a master of the style--to record himself fighting and performing katas, but gone to Boar Island to ask the same of his grandfather, who was the grandmaster to his father's master.

He spent some time watching those recording, committing the movements to memory. No, not just the movements... he took something he learned from Ochazuke and attempted to dig to the very heart and rationale behind the style. Why they moved and fought as they did. Certainly, he lacked Ochazuke's finely honed observational skills, but at the same time, merely forcing himself to think like that...

...it bore fruit once he began his training in earnest. His natural saiyan aptitude for fighting, of course, helped a lot, but taking even a slightly deeper look at his clan's style allowed him to adapt and refine it further than he'd ever dreamed of. The style originated from his ancestors mimicking boars, and as such, practitioners of the style typically fought in a very low stance. To outsiders, it would appear to be mere animalistic brawling, but the style had a focus on flexibility, both in how it approached combat and... body. One of the key teachings was to perform certain stretching exercises until he could quite literally bend over backwards and put his head between his legs.

...or 'kiss his own ass' as his mother had put it one time.

Each strike, each movement, was quick, designed to press an opponent and 'gore' them like a boar's tusk. He wasn't quite adept enough at this point, but as he had little else to do, he spent his... days, for lack of a better way of putting it, practicing the Boar style almost obsessively. If not that, then training with Karine, and if not that, then... cooking.

Honestly, most would find it repetitive, but he really enjoyed this sort of simple routine.
    Karine was doing her best to mediate and tune out the noises that filtered into the background. It wasn't as effective, if at all increasing her power level but it did have its own benefits compared to the traditional physical training.

It was only after a lull in things did she open her eyes and witness the sight of Totoma training. The style he was using she knew of course but it was quite different then anything else she had ran into during her travels and the people she met. The pose, however, looked painfully awkward and Tasure wise crack had almost made her giggle at the time. Still int he end it didn't matter how it looked but how it worked in actual battle.

"How long have you been in that pose? I don't know how you do it. I could do it but it..probably not work for me.." She said with a light flush.

It was obvious, if she did part of her would be giving far too much of a public show then what she'd be comfortable with in a sense.

"You condemn us, but seem a-okay with what the Tuffles did," she retorted. She noticed the sphere of earth hurtling at her. She flew up to avoid it, but had another idea on how to use it. "You and that four-eyed bitch talk about wanting to liberate this and that, but she squandered their chance at getting their planet back."

She followed the Nega-Dunk and, after coating her leg in her own ki, booted it like a soccer ball at Lantro. "Instead of trying to appeal to the Galaxy Police or even us, she decided to do the same thing we did to them. Being a victim doesn't excuse being a monster yourself. The people living on Turrip aren't conquerors or even fighters. They're just scientists and teachers and doctors." She landed and glared at Lantro. "Appel and her kind became the very thing they hate the most, and now they're going to pay for it."
    Lantro frowned in revulsion as Sarada kicked the Nega-Dunk back at him. "Ugh. Foul," he muttered to himself as the Nega-Dunk hurled towards him. Quickly he dodged to the side and slid his hand against it, using his Steal technique, making the ball of energy his again.

He then began...to dribble. Not quite caring about the collateral damage, dribbling a ki covered asteroid would cause upon the planet below, Lantro finally retorted. "Answer me this then...the fact that it came to this...is it really their fault? It's easy to blame them for their mad grief over the injustice they suffered at your people's hands...but what have you really done to make up for your atrocities?"

"Playing nice with the galaxy at large..." Lantro sneered, speeding to one side of Sarada, still dribbling the 'ball' the entire time, of course. Lantro would gladly die before somebody would catch him traveling. "Pretending like you've truly given up your old ways..." he continued, speeding to the other side, and raising a hand in the air....another meteor descended down, an orb of ki enveloping it as it landed in his palm. He began to dribble that one in tandem with the other.

"What about those at had suffered at your people's hands? they should be reached out to you? You should've sought out them!" Lantro accused. "But no...you were to focused on leaving your mark on the galaxy that you forgot all all those you've stepped on to get there!"

Lantro then quickly tossed the Nega-Dunk over Sarada's head he then launched his, "Mega-Dunk!" directly at the Saiyan Queen before raising his other hand and calling out, "Rebound!" A giant rectangle of energy appeared behind Sarada, right in the the trajectory of the Nega-Dunk. The asteroid hit the backboard and promptly bounced back in the opposite direction, towards Sarada to complete the two pronged attack.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The four flounders sat flat, their oblong eyes opaque as they sizzeld upon their small platters filling Balon's house with the scent of savoury heat.

It was the loudest sound between the clink of cutlery and a subdued chewing as all the chatter stopped. All the while, the chef stared daggers across the room at the Majin.

. "...take care Marron," Zaofan's said to her, his tone light as she made her exit. As soon as the door shut, his fork fell flat on the table and he turned his attention back to the Majin in their midst.

"Master Balon, do you know what he did?!" His chair slid back, and he was poised to move in an instant. "It doesn't matter if he might wear your colours today, changing shapes for him is as easy as a Snake sheds its skin!"

Still, the Dragon School Master, the Last on Earth, stated his case, and Zaofan only wished his tone wasn't so measured, so patient; so composed!

"Sasheem admitted it himself. He's using all of us, especially you! What do you even see in him?!"
    Sasheem couldn't help but snort a little at Zaofan's complaints against him. They would be ineffectual in this instance, of course. "Guess it's taking you longer to realize than Sasheem thought that Sasheem is in fact, vital to the team and the planet's continued survival..." he noted.

Pushing through the soften flesh with a pair of chopsticks, Ochazuke peeled the fillet off the flounder, and stripped it to the bone. Fins, scaleless skin, and aromatic flesh fell away on one side.

"I suppose you have choked long enough upon the refuse of eons," he said, "Why would you bother to bear the burdens of a divergent one?"

The methodical process by which he dismantled the fish continued when he flipped it over, until a flattened crown was all that remained, set atop exposed unadorned spine and ribs.

As he prod it to the wayside, it seemed to slither to the edge of his plate.

"Still, it is refreshingly honest for you to acknowledge your place stands far from the battle."
    "Far from the-?!" Sasheem grimaced, his smug display fading replaced by his usual indignant demeanor. "You would maybe have a point, if Sasheem wasn't always dragged back into your stoopid lives to save the day!" Sasheem shrugged. "The Mightiest Majin could remind you of his great list of accomplishments, but he thinks you've long since established your memory lasts about as long as the animal your school was named after!" Sasheem retorted, having virtually no idea of the longevity of Crane memories.

"'Hopefully we came prepa-'" Zaofan sputtered, "you arrived later than we did, and after ducking out on us on that asteroid no less! And leaving Officer P-Sta behind in the wreckage~" The nerve of this guy! The only reason the GP Officer had returned at all was likely some million-to-one cosmic accident!

Meanwhile, Ochazuke poured a cup of tea, his head bowed slightly as Balon spoke. The closer they came to realizing their goal, the more mindful he became of the weight of legacy; he imagined that Zaofan's rising gall in Sasheem's proximity resonate to a similar degree. Beyond the burden of responsibility for the matter of those lost days, Ochazuke had a specific, personal stake in this.

The Map of the Shrines, after all, had come from another student of Zxu'ro that also came near to a resolution, only to fall short.

The smallest ripple, spread wide, creates all the greater a divergence. Yet that Alternate World carried itself in echoes within this one, and that glimpse of that doomed future was with him ever since. Yet for the shouting and bluster at the other end of the table, the opportunities realized by this small gesture of discovery roused a quiet excitement within him. The dryness of the tea seemed to sharpen his senses; he would not miss a thing.

"Then we should move swiftly towards our discovery, then. The spirit of the shrine has been left waiting long enough."
    He nods, then finishes his tea and leads them outside. From there he rises up and flies towards their destination.

It doesn’t take too long at the speeds they can fly, and they quickly land upon the beach of a small island. The island is about twenty miles squared, and sitting towards the middle is a large rocky outcropping and cliff face.
    Ignoring any further arguments, especially those he had no excuses for, Sasheem silently followed Balon and the others towards the island.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 10-14-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Smirking slightly at her comment, Meagan placed a hand on her slightly protruding abdomen, then nodded, "It was a last minute decision. There was talk among some of the statesmen and women for some time about bringing Chroma into a closer alliance with Earth. Once I heard about it from Jinzi, it seemed like as good an opportunity as any." then becoming more serious, "I have been fully briefed on the risks, yet he is still officially the planetary leader of Earth. My first concern is to support Jinzi, and others who will be in attendance. Diplomatic relations are secondary."

Meagan then looked to Maiz, "Welcome, Lady Maiz. It is good to see you."
    Sarada nodded. Had Parsley not been pregnant, she would have had her come instead of Maiz. As it stood, Maiz was the best choice. She had no doubt that Alakazah was going to try something with that many dignitaries -- especially extraterrestrial ones. If he did, Sarada herself was in a very good position to stop him before it got any worse. Killing him was a no-go, as much as she hated that. Earth, to her knowledge, was still fooled by his lies and deceit.

"As long as you know the risks. If he tries anything, I'll handle it. Since he can't hurt anyone, a Super Saiyan with help should be enough to defeat him again." Especially since she now knew that Vocado was able to defeat him so many ages ago. He had help, but so would she.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    "In a few more years she'd be a adult, still its going to be rough no matter what age.." It was hard for Aleka to imagine what a young girl of that age would think or do in that kind of situation of having all your loved ones, your home and way of life totally gone. That would of broken most adults. She herself had lost her family in a horrible day, but even then her home and other things related to her life weren't gone on top of that.

After a moment, she continued. "On lighter news, if its all right with you I'd like to ask you what your home was like. Before the wars that tore it apart, what was your planet like then?"

Karine was doing her best to mediate and tune out the noises that filtered into the background. It wasn't as effective, if at all increasing her power level but it did have its own benefits compared to the traditional physical training.

It was only after a lull in things did she open her eyes and witness the sight of Totoma training. The style he was using she knew of course but it was quite different then anything else she had ran into during her travels and the people she met. The pose, however, looked painfully awkward and Tasure wise crack had almost made her giggle at the time. Still int he end it didn't matter how it looked but how it worked in actual battle.

"How long have you been in that pose? I don't know how you do it. I could do it but it..probably not work for me.." She said with a light flush.

It was obvious, if she did part of her would be giving far too much of a public show then what she'd be comfortable with in a sense.
    Totoma stood up from his position, rising to his full height with surprising ease. Before, doing that would've hurt... a lot, but now he could do it easy as pie. Easy as... warm... delicious... comforting pie. Mmmm.

No, damn it, focus!

He stretched, then walked over to Karine, plopping down on the floor next to her. "Long enough. Was really uncomfortable to do at first, but it didn't take long for me to get the hang of it. It's pretty much a required thing to use the Boar Style effectively, which... probably explains why I could never get the hang of it before. I learned just by watching dad practice, but I completely neglected the conditioning. But I think now that I'm not, I'll become that much more effective!"

Reaching out, he snared a water bottle on the other side of the room with some ki threads and pulled it to him, downing the entire thing. It was great that water was basically all he needed right now... really helped extend their supplies. And on a journey this long, that was important. Plus, having his mom 'port in to resupply was really damn useful. "...so, nervous about meeting your dad again? It's been... crap, like ten years, I think? Long time..." He felt kinda guilty about that, since Aiden had left to go hunt down Jagam, only to get stuck on some Threshling planet. If he hadn't been such an.. an idiot, maybe that wouldn't have happened.

...ah well, no use regretting the past like that. Karine didn't blame him, and so he shouldn't blame himself either. Plus, hey, he got to go on an adventure into the (relative) unknown with his woman! That was pretty exciting... and possibly dangerous. According to, uh, Neva, there wasn't much of a Threshling presence on the planet they were headed to, but given how strong pureblooded Threshlings seemed to be, judging from her and Luop, it's possible they might end up facing some really strong guys!

Heh, he was actually kind of excited about that possibility.

"Wonder if we'll run into any trouble there..."

A few weeks into the Time Skip.........

Jinzi, dressed well, walks out of Capsule Corp to greet those going to the Summit.
    Blizzar areived, following him, a contingent of Galaxy Police officers assigned to Earth, including the Katchin Squadron, who he was wondering if he would regret bringing. All were dressed in stately Galaxy Police ceremonial armor, adorned with badges indicating their various ranks.

"Glad to see everyone...for the most part," he nodded at his fellow guests. Though he was certain if the lizard had his way, they'd be more akin to victims. ...but not today. For once, the Arcosian came prepared to deal with the conniving bastard. Time would tell who held all the cards once the summit started, but the Lieutenant was willing to put some money down on team M-Fighter.

Sarada was busy with... more official duties. Every day she became more and more glad she had chosen to stay out of that damned tournament. Back then, she could have won with ease, but... political **** that monarchs had to deal with wasn't for her. All she wanted to do was fight, eat good food, have Bekon sandwiches, and spend time with her family. "Here's hoping. So, how'd the guardian job? Judging from Eva, it seems like it'd be a huge pain in the ass."
    "It's been stressful. A pair of Frost Demons invaded Vocado a few weeks ago. Sarada handled it easily, but I fear we've only just begun with them." She sighed heavily and looked down at the street. "I've been receiving visions of another Frost Demon, far more powerful than either of those two. Not even a Super Saiyan can defeat him. Not alone." The vision she received was fuzzy, but that much was clear. She had never known a Frost Demon to be that powerful. Not since Glacier.

"Other than that, it's been fine. We're working on renovating the Meat Market. The general plan is to tear it all down and start over. It should have been done years ago, but baby steps. How's the family?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Winter theme - Arctic Breath

High above the white, desolate tundra of the far north, a small figure flies swiftly with her human cargo. Gusts whipped and howled around them, cold enough to kill a lesser man in minutes, only warded by the heat generated from Erosas flight. Still...the chill was becoming harder and harder to bear, the wind a perpetual foe growing in strength the farther she proceeded. She was not sure how long she had been flying, honed onto the pin prick of information she had been told as to Rexs location and relying on her sense to lead her the rest of the way.....yet it was growing dark, and as much as she wished to proceed further, her unconscious companion had yet to wake, and would likely not wake at all if she continuted to fly him at such a high altitude in such extreme cold.

Descending closing to the ground, Erosa crests the next hill to find a safe place to land.....with luck seemingly in her favor. Below lay a collection of old ruins, mostly collapsed or exposed, but enough to provide protection from the elements for a time.

Landing in a explosion of powdered snow, Erosa placed Zaofan against the cold stone while she quickly flew nearby to snap several pieces of wood from the only trees in the immediate area. Frozen branches snapped with sickening sound...like cracking bones, thought Erosa was in too much of a hurry to care.

Within minutes she had a fire roaring, sparked with a little energy from her phoenix drive....and just in time for the gloom of day to give way.

Sitting next to Zaofan, Erosa made sure the cookman was comfortably close to the fire...then pulled out a cup of chocolate puddling to bide the time as she watched over him.

"It's been stressful. A pair of Frost Demons invaded Vocado a few weeks ago. Sarada handled it easily, but I fear we've only just begun with them." She sighed heavily and looked down at the street. "I've been receiving visions of another Frost Demon, far more powerful than either of those two. Not even a Super Saiyan can defeat him. Not alone." The vision she received was fuzzy, but that much was clear. She had never known a Frost Demon to be that powerful. Not since Glacier.

"Other than that, it's been fine. We're working on renovating the Meat Market. The general plan is to tear it all down and start over. It should have been done years ago, but baby steps. How's the family?"
    So Vocado had been invaded. Tch, she wished she'd gotten in on the action herself, but at the same time, Sarada had proven to be more than enough. It was good that the Saiyan race had such a powerful and capable monarch, but at the same time, the young queen could not be everywhere and do everything herself. What was needed was for her to 'perfect' Hitozaru so that the Super-elites could pick up some of the slack--after all, having everything riding on one or two individuals, no matter how exceptional, was foolish, at best. Thankfully, she had actually made some progress with that issue. But that was neither here nor there.

"Normally, I'd call BS on that, but I know you're not one to make things up," she said, her tail flicking to and fro. "Still, a frost demon that powerful... hard to believe. Shame he's almost certainly an evil piece of ****; someone that strong would be a hell of a training partner."

Setting aside the mysterious super-frost demon, she moved on to her family. "They're fine. I'm whipping Bekon back into shape little by little, and he's spending the rest of his free time working on getting back into the swing of things with his restaurant. Totoma... is in space. Got word of Karine's father, and after about a week, they went to rescue him. I'd have loved to have gone with them, but..."

She trailed off for a moment. "...tch, there's no telling how long that whole thing will take, and if I'd gone and the whole thing dragged on too long, both my son and his mate would have lost their **** at me. And.." She paused to chuckle. "...if it takes as long as I think it will, it'll be a nice surprise for my boy when he comes home and finds out he's become a big brother."