Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 1372
  1. #946
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    His communicator began to rumble gently in his pocket, prompting the boy to pull it out and check to see the caller ID.

    Unknown

    A sigh came from Charco, whose head was shaking in disappointment, "...telemarketers," Hitting the decline button, he slipped his phone back into his pocket.

    "Not to question a genius like yourself, Jinzi, but shouldn't some of your devices have picked up the fact that you had a foreign object in there?"
    “I’ve never scanned myself. Never thought to. Never needed to. I...I trusted her. I trust everyone I employ.”

    He narrows his eyes a bit.

    “Perhaps I need to re-evaluate.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #947
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna's eyes suddenly went wide, "Oh, if Sis finds out..." she actually shivered slightly, "Maybe we shouldn't tell her." As she spoke, she had flashbacks to Meagan decapitating a small army of Nagadarr.

    He shudders.

    “Just between us.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #948
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Burnt toast was disgusting, so that was definitely a bad thing. "Bitch'll be turned to chunks eventually." Sarada stretched and started to walk inside. "I'm gonna take a shower and eat something, then I'll be back."

    He nods.

    “I’ll have something for you by then, promise.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #949
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “I refuse. You have yet to demonstrate actual physical proof. Just words.”

    She taps the side of her glasses and smiles.

    “30 seconds.”
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "No evidence?" Blizzar stifled a laugh. "Why on the contrary..."

    "...perhaps it's a conversation best continued later," the Arcosian shrugged. "It seems your the one who's time is up!" He took on a battle stance, deciding now was prooobably the most appropriate time to do so.
    Despite her earlier ideas, Parsley deemed it much more appropriate to steal herself away closer to her quarry. At the very least, she could confirm whether or not killing Gero was the prudent course to take, or if sparring her was. She was leaning toward doing the latter either way, if only because these science types rarely knew when to quit when they were ahead.

    As she approached the area where Blizzar and his men were confronting Gero, she could overhear their conversation. It seemed that the Frost Demon lacked the necessary evidence to arrest Gero on legal grounds. Very well. Blizzar may have needed evidence to send Gero to jail, but Parsley had no such prerequisite to send her to Hell. The element of surprise was still hers to command, and Gero was going to die for not being more observant of her surroundings. A ball of pitch black energy formed at the tip of her index finger. She moved silently, unseen until she had a shot lined up.

  5. #950
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Adam appears behind Gero, limb made blade like. Momentarily, anger flared across his voice.

    “You harmed Jinzi. Your life is forfeit.”

    The blade slices through the air, but stops cold upon contacting Gero’s upraised arm.

    She smirks.

    With a moments surprise on her side, an electrical pulse charges through her arm and out into Adam. It won’t hold him long as he’ll absorb it, but for the moment he is stunned.

    Wilhelm, meanwhile, has carefully moved in and wheeled Karis’ tube further away from the action, dropping a small device that surrounds he and the tube in a shimmering energy shield.

    ———

    From below erupts a massive golem of stone and earth. Somehow, the old golem Willa Rautt has commanded was bigger and even more powerful. It moves to grab Gero and bring her towards him amongst the confusion of his arrival.
    Then, all hell breaks loose. Some creature -- a being of rock and ancient technology, from the looks of it -- exploded out of the ground, shrouding Blizzar and his men in debris and dust. It moved to grab Gero, possibly in an effort to protect her.

    This creature must be some sort of ally. Maybe with these Red Raiders I've heard about. Or, perhaps a Capsule Corp invention? Either way, it's existence is forfeit.

    The black ball at the tip of Parsley's finger erupted. The Dark Spiral shot forward, intent on piercing Gero's heart while she was distracted.

  6. #951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Adam appears behind Gero, limb made blade like. Momentarily, anger flared across his voice.

    ďYou harmed Jinzi. Your life is forfeit.Ē

    The blade slices through the air, but stops cold upon contacting Geroís upraised arm.

    She smirks.

    With a moments surprise on her side, an electrical pulse charges through her arm and out into Adam. It wonít hold him long as heíll absorb it, but for the moment he is stunned.

    Wilhelm, meanwhile, has carefully moved in and wheeled Karisí tube further away from the action, dropping a small device that surrounds he and the tube in a shimmering energy shield.

    óóó

    From below erupts a massive golem of stone and earth. Somehow, the old golem Willa Rautt has commanded was bigger and even more powerful. It moves to grab Gero and bring her towards him amongst the confusion of his arrival.
    When the Golem emerged, Ochazuke sprung his trap.

    The genius loci of the planet, the force behind the techniques of Zxu'ro, resonated within him, and in the split seconds between discovering of Damask's presence and his arrival, the Woven Path had swiftly been threaded.

    As Damask broke the surface, the restraint fell, the threads of ki tethering him in and bottlenecking his entrance.

  7. #952
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “I’ve never scanned myself. Never thought to. Never needed to. I...I trusted her. I trust everyone I employ.”

    He narrows his eyes a bit.

    “Perhaps I need to re-evaluate.”
    "Sorry man... some people are shitty like that."

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna wasn't so sure about that phone call, so she just shrugged before suggesting, "Well, how about we go and hunt down Gero before you go for your Psychic lessons?"
    As much as he would have liked to help Jinzi by beating someone up, he, unfortunately, was on a time limit, "I dunno. I might have you trust you all to take care of this Gero punk for me."
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 07-05-2019 at 06:08 PM.

  8. #953
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Just out of local earshot, Ochazuke pinged Blizzar's signal over the comm. Though the officer had preempted this confrontation, it seemed that Char, in some fashion, had forseen trouble had come for her. Things had been in motion before they even arrived. Back the way he and Wilhelm had come from, he neared Karis's stasis pod, remaining concealed for the moment.

    "If you're going to apprehend her, get off the ground," he said over the line, "something is approaching quickly below."
    "Duly noted!" Blizzar shouted, leaping into the air, his officers following his lead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Adam appears behind Gero, limb made blade like. Momentarily, anger flared across his voice.

    ďYou harmed Jinzi. Your life is forfeit.Ē

    The blade slices through the air, but stops cold upon contacting Geroís upraised arm.

    She smirks.

    With a moments surprise on her side, an electrical pulse charges through her arm and out into Adam. It wonít hold him long as heíll absorb it, but for the moment he is stunned.

    Wilhelm, meanwhile, has carefully moved in and wheeled Karisí tube further away from the action, dropping a small device that surrounds he and the tube in a shimmering energy shield.

    óóó

    From below erupts a massive golem of stone and earth. Somehow, the old golem Willa Rautt has commanded was bigger and even more powerful. It moves to grab Gero and bring her towards him amongst the confusion of his arrival.
    "What the-?" Blizzar exclaimed as the massive stone giant ripped itself from the Earth. "This is getting preposterous...What next?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Then, all hell breaks loose. Some creature -- a being of rock and ancient technology, from the looks of it -- exploded out of the ground, shrouding Blizzar and his men in debris and dust. It moved to grab Gero, possibly in an effort to protect her.

    This creature must be some sort of ally. Maybe with these Red Raiders I've heard about. Or, perhaps a Capsule Corp invention? Either way, it's existence is forfeit.

    The black ball at the tip of Parsley's finger erupted. The Dark Spiral shot forward, intent on piercing Gero's heart while she was distracted.
    Ah, the Saiyan, of course. He had sensed her arrival earlier but he'd been more preoccupied with the situation at hand...for now he would wait and see what her and Ochazuke's next moves were and react accordingly.

  9. #954
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Sorry man... some people are shitty like that."



    As much as he would have liked to help Jinzi by beating someone up, he, unfortunately, was on a time limit, "I dunno. I might have you trust you all to take care of this Gero punk for me."
    Looking disappointed, Cyanna sighs then gives him a determined smile, "It's settled then."

    Remembering what Eva told her:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďThere is an elderly psychic in Ash Peak City that owes me a favor. Her name is Morgana. Sheís......a bit unique, but most likely she could help Charco.Ē
    "We're going to Ash Peak City to see Morgana the Psychic."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  10. #955
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking disappointed, Cyanna sighs then gives him a determined smile, "It's settled then."

    Remembering what Eva told her:

    "We're going to Ash Peak City to see Morgana the Psychic."
    "Are... are you okay?"

    Charco wasn't sure what was up with Cyanna; one minute she was practically dragging him out the metaphorical front door and now she was acting like a kid being told they weren't going to get ice cream. The teenager was very much well aware that Cyanna knew about Rex at this point, yet the situation didn't seem to concern her anymore after hearing about psychics and now Gero.

    "You know what..."

    Pulling out his communicator, he quickly punched up the map app and pulled up Ash Peak City.

    "If my problems are inconveniencing you, I'll go by myself."

    Charco's aura flared to life and the boy took off by himself to see this Morgana, hoping she might be able to aid him as had her alternate self done for the Deputy.

  11. #956
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Are... are you okay?"

    Charco wasn't sure what was up with Cyanna; one minute she was practically dragging him out the metaphorical front door and now she was acting like a kid being told they weren't going to get ice cream. The teenager was very much well aware that Cyanna knew about Rex at this point, yet the situation didn't seem to concern her anymore after hearing about psychics and now Gero.

    "You know what..."

    Pulling out his communicator, he quickly punched up the map app and pulled up Ash Peak City.

    "If my problems are inconveniencing you, I'll go by myself."

    Charco's aura flared to life and the boy took off by himself to see this Morgana, hoping she might be able to aid him as had her alternate self done for the Deputy.
    "Wait up!" Cyanna also flared up her aura and leapt into the air, chasing after him, "You're not getting away from me that easily." Locking onto his aura, she pushed herself forward as fast as she could fly.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  12. #957
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Wait up!" Cyanna also flared up her aura and leapt into the air, chasing after him, "You're not getting away from me that easily." Locking onto his aura, she pushed herself forward as fast as she could fly.
    You truly believe a false oracle will save you?

    How frustrating it must be for you to snap at your little precious Cyanna.

    She'll be the first one to pay for your defiance.


    Despite the howling winds of the air whipping around him in flight, Rex's taunts bounced around his head, gaining mass, little by litte.

    The saurian spirit was right, he doubted Morgana's aid will do much for him at this point and his frustration was becoming a slow boil. Whether this was by the dinosaur's design or just his own anxiety getting the better of him was uncertain, but the results were clear. The boy remained quiet throughout the flight, his attention focused on the GPS that guided him towards their destination.

  13. #958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Hmm this unknown device appears to be jamming my main signal to CC. I could bypass it but that would take time. So I'm going to have to inform the others here on my personal cell phone," Praxat said.

    Praxat takes out her Cell Phone from her Jobox and uses it to broadcast a live video feed. " Every one I have urgent news there is an intruder at Capsule Corp. My last feed couldn't go through because of a device that was jamming my main CC signal. So I had to use my personal Cell Phone to broadcast this," Praxat said.

    Praxat moves her cell phone around to show the rest of evidence she has," The intruder has stolen a bunch of my blueprints, and they have three fingers with claws according to the fingered claw/finger marks I found all around my lab!" Praxat said.

    Praxat is streaming her live feed from a video-sharing website using her phone. " So I'm broadcasting this on my Cell phone using a video sharing website. It may not be as good as my CC computer, but it should still be good enough to show the evidence I gather!" Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-06-2019 at 01:08 PM.

  14. #959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Andron points his staff at her, then speaks to Althena telepathically, "Again, only now project an event that has happened within the past hour or two."
    Althena relays a visualization of a recent memory to Andron. The visual is of Althena with Eva. The audio of the visual is mostly broken with a lot of static. The only thing that is barely clear is the word clairvoyance from Althena, and Eva telling Althena She's afraid there isn’t much more to teach Althena.

    At least not from herself. It is a memory of an event that took place within the past hour.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-06-2019 at 01:39 PM.

  15. #960
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena relays a visualization of a recent memory to Andron. The visual is of Althena with Eva. The audio of the visual is mostly broken with a lot of static. The only thing that is barely clear is the word clairvoyance from Althena, and Eva telling Althena She's afraid there isn’t much more to teach Althena.

    At least not from herself. It is a memory of an event that took place within the past hour.
    The old man nodded his bony head, then called to her, "One more test, it's a simple one. Tell me about the last time you did something purely for fun, the last time you laughed or enjoyed yourself. But tell me with you mind, words only. No images. Simple telepathy."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •