Page 10 of 294 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “We shall do as we have done before. Be more vigilant and train harder. Now go, warriors, and good fortune to you.”
    Holding the dark sphere, Ochazuke said nothing, only exchanging a glance with Elder Nail. Part of the shade that had settled beneath his eyes had lifted, a grim half-smile carried with a single, solemn nod.

The minister of their torment evaded pursuit, for he stood entirely outside the fragmented path they could see. Now within the artifact, there was a living resonance they could grab hold of.

In that moment Ochazuke's haze fell upon Pike, the stolen champion of this world. Across the battlefield that day, the Portal Wizard cast his invaders while he countered by restraining his escape. The small words he had confessed led to his end, but what he had let slip about the family he was torn from said enough. For the sake of his home, he'd give up everything to return to it once more.

He put his hands in his cloak pockets, closed his eyes with a small chuckle as he turned to the door.

Whatever it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Oh ****!" Sasheem exclaimed, happening upon Charco trying to murder a demon baby. Finally some entertainment in this dull ass rock.
    Of course, in this war fought for Time itself, the moment could always take a turn for the worst...

Nail smiles.

“The ATE then. Use it well.”

" Yes we will use the ATE or as I would call it THE Quantum Rader well," Praxat said. Praxat turns towards Cyanna , " You know Cyanna I'm quite shocked that you have scientific knowledge. I kind of picture you as a magic geek not a science one. You know Cyanna you mind telling me where you required this scientific knowledge from?" Praxat said as her skin turn a lighter shade of green and two smirked emojis appear in her goggles.

Praxat turns towards the door focuses on Ochazuke , " Give me some time and I can create a mechanical compass to place the ATE slash the Quantum Radar in," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-19-2019 at 12:19 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Yes we will use the ATE or as I would call it THE Quantum Rader well," Praxat said. Praxat turns towards Cyanna , " You know Cyanna I'm quite shocked that you have scientific knowledge. I kind of picture you as a magic geek not a science one. You know Cyanna you mind telling me where you required this scientific knowledge from?" Praxat said as her skin turn a lighter shade of green and two smirked emojis appear in her goggles.

Praxat turns towards the door focuses on Ochazuke , " Give me some time and I can create a mechanical compass to place the ATE slash the Quantum Radar in," Praxat said.
    Cyanna finds herself in a conversation about science, that ends up mostly one way, since Praxat knows more about the subject than she does. This continues until they eventually return back to their own timeline and the lookout.

-----

Back on the Lookout, Meagan receives a message from her contact on Chromakai. The message describes a situation that requires her personal attention. Going to Jinzi, she shares this information. After some discussion, a decision is made.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna finds herself in a conversation about science, that ends up mostly one way, since Praxat knows more about the subject than she does. This continues until they eventually return back to their own timeline and the lookout.

-----

Back on the Lookout, Meagan receives a message from her contact on Chromakai. The message describes a situation that requires her personal attention. Going to Jinzi, she shares this information. After some discussion, a decision is made.
    He kisses her and smiles.

“I got that portal working.”

He hand her a small circular device.

“You and I can come and go between my lab and the Temple whenever, and only we and those we choose can use it because it will be DNA locked. You’re going to be a wonderful Guardian, and mother, Meagan. And I’ll be right alongside you as much as possible.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Once everything is settled on Namek, a flash and they return from the RoSaT. Zurvan smiles.

“A much easier task I am glad to see. The next is also easy, though.....it’s a bit grim.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Once everything is settled on Namek, a flash and they return from the RoSaT. Zurvan smiles.

“A much easier task I am glad to see. The next is also easy, though.....it’s a bit grim.”
    Parsley, as she stated to Totoma and Sarada, stepped forward to join this next mission. "It can't be any grimmer than Purgatory or Hell," she intoned.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Cyanna begins by telling Praxat where she first heard the term, "Brother Jinzi was nice enough to tutor me while I was taking science and math classes in high school. One day we ended up talking about his long distance relationship with my sister and he compared the two them like Quantum Particles entangled with each other. No matter how far the distance, they would always be connected. When I asked him what he meant, we ended up spending a couple of hours talking about basic Quantum physics and particle entanglement."

He kisses her and smiles.

“I got that portal working.”

He hand her a small circular device.

“You and I can come and go between my lab and the Temple whenever, and only we and those we choose can use it because it will be DNA locked. You’re going to be a wonderful Guardian, and mother, Meagan. And I’ll be right alongside you as much as possible.”
    "I know, no matter the distance we will always be together." She kissed him back. "Thank you, Jinzi for being supportive, understanding, and all around wonderful."

Calling Cyanna and Dash to her, Meagan explained the situation. They were given a short amount of time to gather their belongings and say goodby before heading to Chromakai.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The orbs flew, chattering fangs and trailing fire in their wakes, not averting their course as they made a straight path towards Rex and his new barrier.

....and then they moved into a sharp drive and smashed into the ground maws wide open, disappearing in a explosion of dust and debris.

The baby, following and obscured by the dust, vanished from his senses.

There was a rumble, followed by the ground beneath his feet expanding upwards as something beneath detonates in a powerful explosion.
    "Do you believe me to be a fool?!" Rex shouted as the orbs burrowed themselves underground.

Knowing they would try to attack from below, he jumped up and planted his construct shield beneath him before landing atop of it. Packed down against the earth, he awaited the explosion that would launch him high into the air rather than damage him, even if it cost him a bit of his precious Fukushuu energy as the construct shattered and dissipated afterwards.

Once in the air, he remained, hovering over the village in anticipation of the baby's next move.

Cyanna begins by telling Praxat where she first heard the term, "Brother Jinzi was nice enough to tutor me while I was taking science and math classes in high school. One day we ended up talking about his long distance relationship with my sister and he compared the two them like Quantum Particles entangled with each other. No matter how far the distance, they would always be connected. When I asked him what he meant, we ended up spending a couple of hours talking about basic Quantum physics and particle entanglement."

" Still think it's called Quantum entanglement ,but whatever. Oh it's cool that Jinzi tutor you on Quantum physics ," Praxat said as she gives Cyanna a thumbs up. On The Lookout Praxat rubs her chin ," I'm going to get to work on designing a mechanical compass to place the ATE slash the Quantum Radar in," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-19-2019 at 05:47 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Do you believe me to be a fool?!" Rex shouted as the orbs burrowed themselves underground.

Knowing they would try to attack from below, he jumped up and planted his construct shield beneath him before landing atop of it. Packed down against the earth, he awaited the explosion that would launch him high into the air rather than damage him, even if it cost him a bit of his precious Fukushuu energy as the construct shattered and dissipated afterwards.

Once in the air, he remained, hovering over the village in anticipation of the baby's next move.
    Had the baby the ability to speak, now would have been the time for an incredibly witty one liner about fools delivered with a kick to the head. However....only fools vocalize their intent before committing.

The ground attack had been a feint, the oldest type in the book, one to lure his defense and attention downwards....while the dust obscured her enough to trigger Hunter/Killer and feint her escape below ground. Instead, she went up...to attack the man from above while his defense was focused on below.

Sure enough, he brought his shield up and used the force of the initial blast to propel himself upwards.

So perhaps it was a bit of a surprise when an invisible child dropkicked him the back of the head, carrying all the force...if not more.....then your standard Erosa surprise attack. If her aim was true, Charco would make a nice impact crater in the center of the Namekian village.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Still think it's called Quantum entanglement ,but whatever. Oh it's cool that Jinzi tutor you on Quantum physics ," Praxat said as she gives Cyanna a thumbs up. On The Lookout Praxat rubs her chin ," I'm going to get to work on designing a mechanical compass to place the ATE slash the Quantum Radar in," Praxat said.
    Calling Cyanna and Dash to her, Meagan explained the situation. They were given a short amount of time to gather their belongings and say goodby before heading to Chromakai.

After hearing the news from Meagan, Cyanna returns to Praxat, "Looks like I'm going back home. I don't know for how long, but you are always welcome to visit me on Chroma." She then leaped up and gave Praxat a hug, "I'm going to miss you." before letting go, "Do me a favor, and please keep an eye on Charco. There is something really wrong with him and I'm worried. I can't do anything for him, I don't think he'd let me. If he get's into real trouble, please call me."

Had the baby the ability to speak, now would have been the time for an incredibly witty one liner about fools delivered with a kick to the head. However....only fools vocalize their intent before committing.

The ground attack had been a feint, the oldest type in the book, one to lure his defense and attention downwards....while the dust obscured her enough to trigger Hunter/Killer and feint her escape below ground. Instead, she went up...to attack the man from above while his defense was focused on below.

Sure enough, he brought his shield up and used the force of the initial blast to propel himself upwards.

So perhaps it was a bit of a surprise when an invisible child dropkicked him the back of the head, carrying all the force...if not more.....then your standard Erosa surprise attack. If her aim was true, Charco would make a nice impact crater in the center of the Namekian village.
    "It seems you do."

He did not become the Strongest by falling for traps. While Erosa's kick would make contact, Charco's body would not be the only one going for a ride as he seized both her ankles with a grip of a hand, dragging her along.

Despite his pride, he had to admit that she had been faring far better than most against him. Of course, his pride would be quick to reply that he had been holding back.

Shortly before impact, he would turn the momentum of the kick against her as he whipped around, flinging her towards the ground as if to soften the earth before his own arrival.

"It seems you do."

He did not become the Strongest by falling for traps. While Erosa's kick would make contact, Charco's body would not be the only one going for a ride as he seized both her ankles with a grip of a hand, dragging her along.

Despite his pride, he had to admit that she had been faring far better than most against him. Of course, his pride would be quick to reply that he had been holding back.

Shortly before impact, he would turn the momentum of the kick against her as he whipped around, flinging her towards the ground as if to soften the earth before his own arrival.
    That was when they would realize, it seemed the skill they'd taken for granted had all but been forgotten. It struck Rex first, less a pull than a swaying shift in the breeze...until one after the other they started falling.

With flight nullified, both combatants were abruptly sent to the ground below in the middle of their maneuvers. Spread across the village square invisibly like Spider's silk, all who stepped within in were stricken upon the Woven Path.

Heavy footfalls left the hall of the Elder in the distance as Ochazuke slowly approached the two. His left hand raised slowly at his side, lift partway towards both of the dust-entrenched combatants.

Saifa Kensaku.

Divested of their own energy, pulled apart and reconstituted into a prison, a restraint swept over them and held both Charco and the young Erosa in place.

"Explain yourself."
    Last edited by grampagen; 05-19-2019 at 06:37 PM.