Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2520
  1. #2506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine hadn't expected them to wake up so suddenly but seeing his state..she wished he hadn't. She had healing powers but she had no way to dampen the pain they were obviously in. The comment he made confused her a bit, she could only guess they had some sort of nightmare while he was out. Ochazuke was always so strong and sure of himself that seeing them like this was a strong reminder that despite all that, he too, like everyone else was mortal. "There is no Auroc here, please calm down

    But if she couldn't help, she did know someone who could. She sent a quick plea to her friend. 'Aleka, if you're awake please come by me. Ochazuke needs something for the pain and he's in a bad way. Quickly.'

    There was a pause, and for a beat Karine didn't think she'd get a reply and then there was a quick. 'I'll be there.'

    Relief flooded the young woman even as she felt semi helpless to do more for them then what she was doing at the moment besides make sure he survived through the ordeal. Aleka, true to her word came in mere moments later glancing at the creature that used to be Charco with a hard to read expression before making her way to the downed martial artist to do her own thing. Their methods of healing were different, but another perk of hers was drastically numbing the pain.

    He'd still feel it, he'd still be sore, but at the very least he could function. And with the two women tending to them focused, his chances increased that much more.
    The energy passed from another set of hands; to his reckoning, less pointed and surgical, but of a method that carried with it a steady measyre of experience, and with it, he felt some assurance; that if he should fall, she would catch him. Slowly, his seizing movements stilled; but while he felt some relief from the sharp pains within, the stubborn air in his chest left his breathing in a pattern of short, wheezing gasps.

    Ochazuke was still groggy, his responses sharp even in this semi-lucid state, but to the empathic sense, the raw drive of his malady came in waves. Surrounded by air, but unable to intake a breath as his chest remained expanded from the pressure, it was like a consummate threat of drowning.

    [IHollow. Pain. Stabbing.[/I] If sensation could be conveyed, the sheer pain surely was prominent. More than his crushed forearm, Ochazuke gestured towards something within when he drew it close to him.

    Above his flank, and beneath shattered ribs, the fragile organ tissue of his lung within was being smothered by the very air.

    There was an air of familiarity to this sensation, as if he had somehow been through similar and known this would pass. The distress was from something far deeper than broken bones and the bruises welling within him, unseem. Within fragments of thoughts, Karine might feel them as they lashed violently about him.

    The dark god. His view crossed our path again. He'd stand to fight if he could, to assuage a deep-seeded fear unspoken. His eye drawn near. To the Earth. And through it all, the thoughts were awash in a sense of frustration, and mourning.

    As if, were it the case he could not respond to this now, this would be another thing that would be lost forever.

  2. #2507

    Default

    With her body's moisture fully restore Praxat picks herself up puts on her goggles." Thank you, Althena," Praxat said.

    " Praxat, Dash said your skills are needed to help with fixing the ship. I'll go check on the others to see if they need tending to," Althena said.

    Althena goes to check on the others to see if they need to be healed. Praxat takes out her specialized gloves and puts them on. She then takes out a rubber-like tube and puts it on her tongue.

    After that uses her tongue to remove the power amplifier from her power armor. ( My power amplifier worked as intended, but it nearly cost me my life. I could use it to boost the ship's main drive after repairing it. However, that could be risky not to mention possibly highly dangerous,) Praxat thought.

    Praxat then gets to work on repairing the main drive.

  3. #2508
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Maiz had been feeling a foreboding sense of... something the last few hours. As if Sarada and Parsley were in some kind of danger. She couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly, but it was clear as she was breathing. She paced back and forth through the her mountain temple. Anxiety coursed through her like an agitated river, unable to calm itself until the winds of doubt died down. She tried meditating, but couldn't calm her mind enough. She drank a pot of fresh herbal tea, but it down like water and was just as ineffective.

    She sighed tersely and decided to fly to the palace in hopes of finding out something, anything. Sarada had been gone that entire week, and hadn't bothered to contact her once. She was unsure if she was alive or dead, captured or embroiled in some matter on Earth. She knew that Ishtar had been in some kind of trouble, enough to draw Sarada away almost as soon as she was healed of the neurotoxin that very nearly ended her life. From that moment on, Maiz had barely had any time to calm her nerves. Between that, the people of Turrip suddenly popping up out of nowhere, and the foreboding sense of attack she had been feeling in the back of her mind the last day or so, she had been on edge.

    The sooner her daughters returned to her, the better.



    Maiz was flying slowly, and would take a few minutes to reach the palace. Within the communications room, one of the lights connected to the temple on Chroma lit up. The man in charge for that day sighed and pressed the button. "This is the royal palace. Who do you want to talk to?" he asked with barely restrained annoyance at having his day interrupted.

    "Is Lady Maiz, Guardian of Vocado and the Sayian Empire available? If so, can you please inform her that Meagan Te'al-Pantaloon, Guardian of Chroma, wishes to speak with her."
    Last edited by Tami; Yesterday at 06:32 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  4. #2509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So, Parsley's hunch was right. The majin before them was Auroc, the false deity who had the entire Threshling race save for a few ensnared. Curious that he would want them dead.

    "He was the one who caused the station to explode," she explained. "Azura here scanned the security as we escaped and found his image in the databanks."

    She leaned back in her seat and crossed her legs. Stroking her chin, she continued, "If he was able to remotely detonate the station, then he must have been in league somehow either with Midori or the First Race. Either way, he is now a problem."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post



    At this display, Ishtar couldn't help but crack a smile at the Threshling; her disgust for Auroc a welcome sight considering what all the Oni herself planned to do with the false god. "There is a reason I like you Nevanlinna, this is one of them surely ... and it reminds me well that I need to speak to you about a plan or two, and about that Vaikuntha of yours ..."

    So many things to do ... so little time.



    "He has been a problem for quite some time," Ishtar explained.

    "We first encountered him quite some time ago; against Jagam and Anula if you recall. He made his aims clear as well. 'To make the Universe love him', though it was not the kind of love many would wish to offer." That being the kind that was forced against their will. "... the sooner I speak with both you, and Nevanlinna, the better I suspect." The golden-eyed Oni said then, before chuckling.

    "I suppose it can wait until we have recovered though."
    Nevanlinna remained silent for a moment, contemplating the implications of Auroc acting so freely. Last she heard, her mother had been in conflict with Auroc's faithful, which, unless the majin was a complete fool, would require considerable attention. That he had been here, of all places...

    It meant that, in all likelihood, her mother had been subdued or...

    Her invariably unshakeable countenance cracked, and her breathing and heartrate quickened as she panicked at the thought. Yes, mother had always been a bit distant, but she knew she cared... that she let her travel the stars and sent Luop to watch over her was proof enough of that. But with her gone, if--when--she returned to Reshlan, it would be but her and her single ally against... it was impossible..

    Slowly, the Threshling princess regained her composure. No, no... think! Her allies here had issues to settle with Auroc, so she wouldn't be alone in her efforts to overthrow the false god. The odds may very well be stacked against them once that time came, but if nothing else she had learned that this lot, beyond leaving a trail of collateral damage in their wake, possessed a remarkable ability to overcome seemingly impossible odds.

    "I see," she said, once her composure had recovered completely. "Auroc will have to wait, but, Ishtar, I am most interested in hearing your... plans regarding my demesne. And... well, I believe it would be prudent to extend that offer I made to you and Sarada--the one regarding training there--to this entire group. I suspect we will need all the training we can get, in years to come..."

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The energy passed from another set of hands; to his reckoning, less pointed and surgical, but of a method that carried with it a steady measyre of experience, and with it, he felt some assurance; that if he should fall, she would catch him. Slowly, his seizing movements stilled; but while he felt some relief from the sharp pains within, the stubborn air in his chest left his breathing in a pattern of short, wheezing gasps.

    Ochazuke was still groggy, his responses sharp even in this semi-lucid state, but to the empathic sense, the raw drive of his malady came in waves. Surrounded by air, but unable to intake a breath as his chest remained expanded from the pressure, it was like a consummate threat of drowning.

    [IHollow. Pain. Stabbing.[/I] If sensation could be conveyed, the sheer pain surely was prominent. More than his crushed forearm, Ochazuke gestured towards something within when he drew it close to him.

    Above his flank, and beneath shattered ribs, the fragile organ tissue of his lung within was being smothered by the very air.

    There was an air of familiarity to this sensation, as if he had somehow been through similar and known this would pass. The distress was from something far deeper than broken bones and the bruises welling within him, unseem. Within fragments of thoughts, Karine might feel them as they lashed violently about him.

    The dark god. His view crossed our path again. He'd stand to fight if he could, to assuage a deep-seeded fear unspoken. His eye drawn near. To the Earth. And through it all, the thoughts were awash in a sense of frustration, and mourning.

    As if, were it the case he could not respond to this now, this would be another thing that would be lost forever.
    She had been attempting to ignore Ochazuke's ruckus while the Acorian and that halfbreed idiot's paramour attended to him, but it seemed their efforts weren't entirely sufficient. Well, no matter... perhaps assisting would keep her mind focused on more pertinent matters.

    Approaching the three, Nevanlinna focused her hearing and simply listened for a short while. Ochazuke's breathing seemed a bit... strained, labored, which helped confirm, inasmuch as it could be, what the man was trying to indicate. Namely, that there was some sort of lung injury. A simple matter to remedy.

    "Allow me," said Nevanlinna. Kneeling down, she lightly placed her hands over, roughly, where the lung injury should be. Focusing, healing energies began flowing from her hands and into the martial artist, concentrated in the area of the injury. Normally, the healing process would be quite painful as everything popped back into its proper place, but, unbeknownst to Nevanlinna, Aleka's efforts had already pre-emptively mitigated at least part of that issue.

    "This lot certainly finds itself in a state of disrepair after nearly every battle," she muttered, somewhat in jest. A small grin spread across her face "Perhaps I should start charging for my services?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  5. #2510
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Is Lady Maiz, Guardian of Vocado and the Sayian Empire available? If so, can you please inform her that Meagan Te'al-Pantaloon, Guardian of Chroma, wishes to speak with her."
    "Pantaloon?" the man spat. "You mean that weaselly little shit that mucked with our pod systems?" He muttered something under his breath and took a moment to compose himself. "Sure, I'll let her know. Please hold." He chuckled darkly as he placed Meagan on hold, then put on some nice hold music to keep her occupied while he contacted Maiz.

    'Lady Maiz? The Guardian of Chroma wants to speak with you,' he contacted telepathically after sensing that Maiz was on her way to the palace.

    '...okay. I'll be there shortly.'

    Shortly meant the entire duration of the song. When it was over, she walked in and took the call. "This is Lady Maiz. Who is this?"

  6. #2511
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Pantaloon?" the man spat. "You mean that weaselly little shit that mucked with our pod systems?" He muttered something under his breath and took a moment to compose himself. "Sure, I'll let her know. Please hold." He chuckled darkly as he placed Meagan on hold, then put on some nice hold music to keep her occupied while he contacted Maiz.

    'Lady Maiz? The Guardian of Chroma wants to speak with you,' he contacted telepathically after sensing that Maiz was on her way to the palace.

    '...okay. I'll be there shortly.'

    Shortly meant the entire duration of the song. When it was over, she walked in and took the call. "This is Lady Maiz. Who is this?"
    As soon as the music started playing, Meagan realized she shouldn't have used her married name. Thankfully, it wasn't that bad a song.

    "Maiz, it's Meagan Te'al. May we talk in private? I assume you haven't had word yet on Sarada and Parsley."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  7. #2512
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As soon as the music started playing, Meagan realized she shouldn't have used her married name. Thankfully, it wasn't that bad a song.

    "Maiz, it's Meagan Te'al. May we talk in private? I assume you haven't had word yet on Sarada and Parsley."
    Meagan Te'al, Maiz recalled, was one of the allies Sarada had made during her time on Earth. She couldn't recall what was said exactly -- she was only half-listening, as it was... quite the lengthy story -- but if this girl was a guardian, then she had to have a good head on her shoulders. "Ah, Sarada's spoken about you." She gestured for the man to leave, which he did immediately.

    With him gone and the room sealed from the outer hallway, she sat down and clasped her hands together. "No, I haven't. I have been getting these... feelings that they have been in trouble ever since Sarada abruptly left for Earth about a week ago. I assume something hazardous has been occupying their attention?"

  8. #2513
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Meagan Te'al, Maiz recalled, was one of the allies Sarada had made during her time on Earth. She couldn't recall what was said exactly -- she was only half-listening, as it was... quite the lengthy story -- but if this girl was a guardian, then she had to have a good head on her shoulders. "Ah, Sarada's spoken about you." She gestured for the man to leave, which he did immediately.

    With him gone and the room sealed from the outer hallway, she sat down and clasped her hands together. "No, I haven't. I have been getting these... feelings that they have been in trouble ever since Sarada abruptly left for Earth about a week ago. I assume something hazardous has been occupying their attention?"
    "Before I begin, I wish to assure you that, under normal circumstances, I would respect Sarada's judgement and right as Queen to decide with whom to share information such as this. However, some threats extend beyond a single person or planet. For that reason, I am reaching out to you, Guardian to Guardian.

    A threat reached out to us while we were on Earth, cutting us off from our home-worlds. This threat cut across timelines, forcing the fighters gathered by Lady Evangeline, and under the guidance of Lord Zurvan, to traverse the timelines and repair the damage done.

    The one causing this damage, this threat, was someone who identified simply as The Doctor. The evidence indicated that this person was an alternate version of my own husband, Jinzi Pantaloon. The threat posed appeared to place the entire universe at risk.

    Recently, Jinzi led a group of fighters, including Sarada and Parsley, into space to confront The Doctor. If they had failed, every world would been in danger.

    My confidence that they succeeded is very high, though as of this moment I have not heard directly from them. One who went with them, a Guardian named Althena, is acting as my early warning. Currently she is still alive, which provides me with an additional level of confidence.

    The threats are becoming more serious and wider ranged, as such I hope that you will be willing to work with me as part of the Guardian Network I am developing on behest of Lady Asha'rah. The network is being set up to allow Guardians from many worlds to share information on potential threats such as this."

    Meagan then paused before continuing, "If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to share what knowledge I have. In addition, I would also like to extend an open invitation to you to visit Chroma as that we may talk further, Guardian to Guardian."
    Last edited by Tami; Yesterday at 06:28 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  9. #2514
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Hops had bored the ship with the virtual strangers. They had accepted him, and while he hadn't done much in the way of fighting or proving himself, they didn't leave him to die. While he yearned for home, and to get to know his new companions, he couldn't fight the feeling of sleep that had washed over him as soon as he'd found an empty cabin aboard the ship. Before he knew it, he had drifted off into a dream-filled sleep. His body slowly recovering from the torture it had been placed through for months. His Saiyan blood burned through the toxicity in his veins. He dreamed of home, simpler times, he dreamed of power and the means to obtain that power.

  10. #2515
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twiliteknite06 View Post
    Hops had bored the ship with the virtual strangers. They had accepted him, and while he hadn't done much in the way of fighting or proving himself, they didn't leave him to die. While he yearned for home, and to get to know his new companions, he couldn't fight the feeling of sleep that had washed over him as soon as he'd found an empty cabin aboard the ship. Before he knew it, he had drifted off into a dream-filled sleep. His body slowly recovering from the torture it had been placed through for months. His Saiyan blood burned through the toxicity in his veins. He dreamed of home, simpler times, he dreamed of power and the means to obtain that power.
    Durive slowly approached the half-saiyan, glaring at Hops while brandishing a metal ladle.

  11. #2516
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Before I begin, I wish to assure you that, under normal circumstances, I would respect Sarada's judgement and right as Queen to decide with whom to share information such as this. However, some threats extend beyond a single person or planet. For that reason, I am reaching out to you, Guardian to Guardian.

    A threat reached out to us while we were on Earth, cutting us off from our home-worlds. This threat cut across timelines, forcing the fighters gathered by Lady Evangeline, and under the guidance of Lord Zurvan, to traverse the timelines and repair the damage done.

    The one causing this damage, this threat, was someone who identified simply as The Doctor. The evidence indicated that this person was an alternate version of my own husband, Jinzi Pantaloon. The threat posed appeared to place the entire universe at risk.

    Recently, Jinzi led a group of fighters, including Sarada and Parsley, into space to confront The Doctor. If they had failed, every world would been in danger.

    My confidence that they succeeded is very high, though as of this moment I have not heard directly from them. One who went with them, a Guardian named Althena, is acting as my early warning. Currently she is still alive, which provides me with an additional level of confidence.

    The threats are becoming more serious and wider ranged, as such I hope that you will be willing to work with me as part of the Guardian Network I am developing on behest of Lady Asha'rah. The network is being set up to allow Guardians from many worlds to share information on potential threats such as this."

    Meagan then paused before continuing, "If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to share what knowledge I have. In addition, I would also like to extend an open invitation to you to visit Chroma as that we may talk further, Guardian to Guardian."
    As Meagan explained the perilous situation Sarada and Parsley found themselves in, Maiz fell silent. A threat that stretch not just across planets, but across timelines -- timelines, plural. It was no wonder that Sarada left so abruptly and had stayed away. But, to not even contact Maiz and inform her of the goings-on was highly irresponsible. Of course, she knew exactly why she didn't tell her. Their relationship was still mired in the maternal connection they had developed over the years, rather than monarch and guardian.

    This business about timelines, alternate versions of people, and all of that nonsense went over Maiz's head. The universe being in jeopardy did not. The universe took precedence over a single planet -- or collection of planets --so Sarada was correct to see this matter to the end. Maiz could only hope that she and her allies came out on top. "I see."

    Curious, however, was that Meagan was currently not with them. She knew she was an ally, and had been assembled to deal with this threat, yet saw fit to leave it to the others. It likely was important, so she left it at that.

    "I see. Sarada and Parsley were right-minded to see this through to the end. Shows they both understand that the universe takes higher priority over anything going on her That neither thought to contact me and at least let me know they were alright..." She sighed and paused to change course. "You're right they should have contacted me. I'll chastise the both of them when they finally get back."

    Meagan's explanation was a thorough one. Any finer details could be filled in once her daughters returned, undoubtedly equipped with more lengthy stories to put her to enrapture her attention. However, there was one thing she had been meaning to ask someone. "What is the status of those kami-killing parasites employed by Sakin? I was told that the former guardian of Earth was infected by one, and it used his corpse like a puppet."

  12. #2517
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Durive slowly approached the half-saiyan, glaring at Hops while brandishing a metal ladle.
    Sensing a strange (yet oddly familiar?) energy, Hops' snapped awake in time to catch block the ladle from smashing him in the face. "Can I," He stopped and stared at Durive in stunned silence, "Wha-What are you doing here?" He asked, clearly shaken. It was as if he'd seen a ghost.

  13. #2518
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    As Meagan explained the perilous situation Sarada and Parsley found themselves in, Maiz fell silent. A threat that stretch not just across planets, but across timelines -- timelines, plural. It was no wonder that Sarada left so abruptly and had stayed away. But, to not even contact Maiz and inform her of the goings-on was highly irresponsible. Of course, she knew exactly why she didn't tell her. Their relationship was still mired in the maternal connection they had developed over the years, rather than monarch and guardian.

    This business about timelines, alternate versions of people, and all of that nonsense went over Maiz's head. The universe being in jeopardy did not. The universe took precedence over a single planet -- or collection of planets --so Sarada was correct to see this matter to the end. Maiz could only hope that she and her allies came out on top. "I see."

    Curious, however, was that Meagan was currently not with them. She knew she was an ally, and had been assembled to deal with this threat, yet saw fit to leave it to the others. It likely was important, so she left it at that.

    "I see. Sarada and Parsley were right-minded to see this through to the end. Shows they both understand that the universe takes higher priority over anything going on her That neither thought to contact me and at least let me know they were alright..." She sighed and paused to change course. "You're right they should have contacted me. I'll chastise the both of them when they finally get back."

    Meagan's explanation was a thorough one. Any finer details could be filled in once her daughters returned, undoubtedly equipped with more lengthy stories to put her to enrapture her attention. However, there was one thing she had been meaning to ask someone. "What is the status of those kami-killing parasites employed by Sakin? I was told that the former guardian of Earth was infected by one, and it used his corpse like a puppet."
    It's been a while since Meagan thought about Fife and the parasite within him, and about Sakin. She was reminded of something that Eva had discussed with her shortly after she became a Guardian.

    "I had discussed this very question with Lady Evangeline not long after I took on the mantle of Guardian. Sakin is still out there, but there has been no sign of him or his parasites since we defeated Fife. Eva believes that he is laying low, hiding for some reason. His parasites are likely being held back, contained by him so as not to give away his location. He is still a threat, but for now he's not making any moves. One of the first warnings I passed out to the Guardians I made contact with was about him.

    From what I understand, he acts more like a spider than a wasp. He lures his targets to him, instead of going for a direct attack. That doesn't mean he might not try it in the future."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  14. #2519
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twiliteknite06 View Post
    Sensing a strange (yet oddly familiar?) energy, Hops' snapped awake in time to catch block the ladle from smashing him in the face. "Can I," He stopped and stared at Durive in stunned silence, "Wha-What are you doing here?" He asked, clearly shaken. It was as if he'd seen a ghost.
    Durive, not understanding why the man in the strange uniform addressed him with some familiarity, stopped in the midst of his unwarranted assault and glanced at Hops quizzically, hoping for an explanation as to how he knew him.

  15. #2520

    Default Guardian of Deoyama short introduction

    On the Planet Deoyama, there is an underground bunker, a bunker that has a psychedelic funky aesthetic to it. Inside this bunker is a room filled with an assortment of radio equipment. Sitting in this room is a funky old looking man and a robotic dog looking entity.






    The old man turns on some of the equipment." For all you cool cats out there, this is DJ George Funk and Atomic Dog coming at you with a funky classic from The Under Ground Express station. That is guaranteed to get your booties shaking," the old man said.

    The Old Man plays a classic funky song and looks at the robotic dog next to him. ( It's tough being a Guardian and Radio DJ. At least I got you my specter Atomic Dog to keep me company,) George thought.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •