Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
Morgan didn't take her eyes off the door controls, but she bit her lip in a sudden surge of frustration. "T...Then stop explaining.....Nothing about what you did was grey. We just wanted to be left alone...we never....started a fight. You did." She banged her fist into the wall off to the side.....then immediately continued pressing symbols. ".....So just.....go away......." A look of horror briefly passed over her eyes and she realized she'd just back talked the destoryer of her civilization and continued tapping away with a cold sweat. "...p...please...."
"Peace?" He said, mockingly, "What I have seen of this pit is anything but peaceful. The corruption I sought to stamp out burrowed deep into this mountain, turning the carrions that fed off the scraps into twisted monstrosities. Whatever you seek beyond that door is no doubt as warped as everything else here. "

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
Ochazuke said nothing at first, watching silently as Rex consumed his own kin without hesitation. Though it had once been the remnants of Charco's flesh and blood, the transformation that had occurred left little of his ki, and where the bones and sinews were stretched into this ancient, fearful shape,

"From one who would snuff out a life merely to give purpose to his own, you know your words are inadequate."

Where there had once been ambition chasing towards immense potential, this bottomless well of hatred and hunger stolen that boy's future to the curse of generations.

And yet, so long as he still stands among us...

"I've seen enough of your Grey, worm. Tethering your dependent life to the deeds of others, staking your claim in misfortunt, then demanding respect in the wake of impotent fear." Standing across the way, he stared down the hellish creature from a distance, noting the signs of scuffle knotted in the oily sheen of his scales. Crouching forward, he lift his left hand before him, a subdued fury lining his frame.

"Did you flee to this foetid place seeking refuge? A solitary place to lick your wounds among other lingering, forgotten things?"

Finally allowing the beam to break, Zaofan took up a position between the two and Morgan. Somehow on the return flight aboard the Coldlight, he'd missed this thing entirely. The comms had gone off, and they'd all felt as if the Nebula itself had lurched as Charco made his last stand against the Doctor, but seeing Rex, the familiar energy that washed over him filled him with a different sort of terror than the forces that lurched within these accursed walls.

And though he would guard her, he too had his doubts.

"Morgan," he said briskly, "You're saying he's returned here, then it must be for a reason."

He dared not take his eyes off the impending battle before him - they were quicker than his hands, after all - yet they knew whatever was at the heart of this, the fall of the Royal Guard, the diaspora of the Attendants, and the cultish orders that sprung up in the scattering of Amdapour, it was all connected to this point. "You don't need permission to take a stand, least of all from him. But I need you to tell me."

"What's behind that door?"
"I had hoped to reach any understanding with someone as strong as you, but your human sensibilities bind you." Rex replied and then glanced back to Morgan at the door, "My original purpose does not matter anymore. I must finish what I started here before whatever things those fools chose to worship try to extend their influence past this tomb."