Page 4 of 205 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 3070
  1. #46
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "WELCOME!" A chores of voices greeted the Saiyan Queen as she walked into the kitchen.

    It was the Erosas, all save the baby, looking as though they had been expecting her for quite awhile. With a flurry of motion the other Erosas set to work clearing a spot on the table for the two while the Adult stepped. "Ara, you finally came.....Come in, have a seat. You two Parsley. Order whatever you like to eat and relax....today is a special day ero." She gestured with her huge hand towards the now cleared table.
    "..."

    Parsley wasn't fazed in the slightest by the appearance of four Erosas. In fact, she was far more concerned by the absence of the youngest and likely most dangerous Erosa, the baby. Her eyes narrowed when she realized the child was missing. "Where is the toddler?"

    Sarada, on the other hand, was completely taken aback. The one she met before was here, yet somehow, there were three others? And another still, if Parsley was to be believed?

    She slowly sank into a chair and rubbed her temples. "I don't know why or how there are so many of you dickheads," she huffed irritably, "but we have important business to talk about." She sniffed twice, and caught a whiff of some delicious meat pies. Clearly, her sister or Avoca ordered them. If they were still around, then they must have saved them for her. "I smell meat pies. Where are they?"

  2. #47
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "..."

    Parsley wasn't fazed in the slightest by the appearance of four Erosas. In fact, she was far more concerned by the absence of the youngest and likely most dangerous Erosa, the baby. Her eyes narrowed when she realized the child was missing. "Where is the toddler?"

    Sarada, on the other hand, was completely taken aback. The one she met before was here, yet somehow, there were three others? And another still, if Parsley was to be believed?

    She slowly sank into a chair and rubbed her temples. "I don't know why or how there are so many of you dickheads," she huffed irritably, "but we have important business to talk about." She sniffed twice, and caught a whiff of some delicious meat pies. Clearly, her sister or Avoca ordered them. If they were still around, then they must have saved them for her. "I smell meat pies. Where are they?"
    "With the other pies, we'll reheat and get some ready for you....But before that we have something very special for you. Please wait right there for a moment and we'll have it ready in a second." The Adult Erosa made sure the two were good and then moved over to Parsley. "Hmm....Looking for the child? She's out exploring, left a little after Charco was here. Shame....He seemed a little on the sick side, even though he..." The Adult Erosa paused, glanced over at Sarada, then back to parsley. "...Maybe its best not to mention ero, don't want her appetite spoiled. I'll go get some more pies and drink for you."

  3. #48
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Aleka hadn't noticed Cyanna was there at first before she came up behind them. "Worse comes to worse, sure there is something that might catch his interest." Maybe. She really didn't know the young man enough to know what other interest he might of had besides cooking but even with her limited exposure cooking was definitely a passion for them to be sure. "Your name is.." Aleka trailed off. "Sorry I don't remember your name. Mine is Aleka."

    Or she was told and didn't remember.

    The comment from Praxat made her pause, she had never once heard of Namekians being known for their beverages. Didn't they just drink water mainly? Plus this was a alternate universe so who was to say that was true? The waters were normally safe but who knows if these ones were? Then again Pike hadn't said anything where water was literally about everywhere when they first got off and the giant Toadian wasn't exactly screaming from from type of flesh eating substance or something.

    Ochazuke seemed to be in the midst of something concentration wise so she held off briefly from broaching a conversation. It was easier now that she had a name to go to the face.



    From what Aleka could sense, it was about what she expected from Namek from back at home with small villages and communities dotted about. There didn't seem to be any notable power levels, though back at home the warrior class wasn't as common or as strong. There were some that were decently strong thinking back on it but those had been in the minority.

    What surprised the Acorian the most? Female Namekians.

    A lot more different then I was expecting. So it means the reproduce like most races do instead of the eggs but I wonder if it means they eat or anything else?

    A curious question that could wait a bit for now as the scene unfolded on them, bringing a slight smile to Aleka's face. Scenes like this she was sure she'd almost never get tired of as she had a new found appreciation of it she didn't ever have before. "These your family Pike?" She asked politely after a moment to let them get semi situated instead of just bursting into the touching moment at the start.
    Pike nods.

    ďMy brother and his wife, Tong and Knives.Ē

    The two nod and thank them for helping bring Pike back.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #49
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    There was ingrained in the very soul of the planet itself was an intrinsic sort of magic. Its spirit came like a whisper, a second breath that echoed every living form upon it.

    It was then that Ochazuke noticed a specific absence of it, as if it washed over him entirely, a lack of resonance where the genius loci passed him by. Perhaps it was because of this peacable atmosphere that he became all too aware of that subtle distance where their foreign company stood.

    Some distance away, Pike called out to his kin, reunited with his family. He'd swiftly rediscovered his place.

    Standing both within and outside of this sphere where he sensed where he stood in this world, Ochazuke felt only a pronounced dysrhythmia, which brought his thoughts only nearer to the Doctor. He'd forced the Portal Wizard to turn this into a weapon and hone his wayward longer into a killer's edge.

    He surveyed the horizon one last time and rose to follow their host. Their presence alone announced that this reunion would be more than it appeared to be, so he eschewed introductions.

    "You've been returned." His words were blunt, for they both knew many of the others that day were not so fortunate. "Your home is safe, so is your life. Will you help us to do the same?"
    Pike nods, speaks again in Namekian, and then rises back into the air.

    ďElder Nail is waiting for us. Please, follow me.Ē

    He waves at his kin and then flies towards the largest building in the village, landing and gesturing to the door.

    ďInside.Ē

    He knocks, listens, then opens it and gestures them inside. A gentle, powerful presence resides within.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Pike nods, speaks again in Namekian, and then rises back into the air.

    ¬ďElder Nail is waiting for us. Please, follow me.¬Ē

    He waves at his kin and then flies towards the largest building in the village, landing and gesturing to the door.

    ¬ďInside.¬Ē

    He knocks, listens, then opens it and gestures them inside. A gentle, powerful presence resides within.
    As Ochazuke followed Pike and they left the Wizard's brief reunion behind, it seemed despite the gentle airs to only harden his expression further.

    "It seems you've been gone for some time," he asked, exchanging a short look with him. "Did they know why you were absent?"

    Whatever the case might be, there was a great presence sequestered within the centre of the village, emanating in-tune with the sublime matters that linked the denizens of this place. But more than that, nearby was a familiar energy, the same which bled into their passage into these divergences. Time magic.

    Silently, he followed Pike's lead inside.

  6. #51
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As Ochazuke followed Pike and they left the Wizard's brief reunion behind, it seemed despite the gentle airs to only harden his expression further.

    "It seems you've been gone for some time," he asked, exchanging a short look with him. "Did they know why you were absent?"

    Whatever the case might be, there was a great presence sequestered within the centre of the village, emanating in-tune with the sublime matters that linked the denizens of this place. But more than that, nearby was a familiar energy, the same which bled into their passage into these divergences. Time magic.

    Silently, he followed Pike's lead inside.
    He shakes his head.

    “Not yet, but I will explain later. They deserve to know...what I have done.”

    Walking in, Pike bows his head to the figure there.

    “Elder Nail, I have brought guests. They require your aid.”



    “I believe I may be able to help you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    He shakes his head.

    ďNot yet, but I will explain later. They deserve to know...what I have done.Ē

    Walking in, Pike bows his head to the figure there.

    ďElder Nail, I have brought guests. They require your aid.Ē



    ďI believe I may be able to help you.Ē
    OOC: Should we presume this image is more for an overall aesthetic? Whether the '' kanji is present affects things rather significantly

    IC:

    Making his way forward, Ochazuke seemed hesitant to make eye contact with the Elder at first, his view surveying the room surrounding Nail, the field of his Battle Meditation reaching within the stillness of the moment, looming, searching...

    "Then you know why we're here," he said. "It is quite plain that our connection is remote at best, but this is a matter which affects us all."

    His hands fell to the sides where he stood. "What we're after is the very same force which pulled Pike from you. In a word, we seek to ensure this does not happen again."

  8. #53
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "With the other pies, we'll reheat and get some ready for you....But before that we have something very special for you. Please wait right there for a moment and we'll have it ready in a second." The Adult Erosa made sure the two were good and then moved over to Parsley. "Hmm....Looking for the child? She's out exploring, left a little after Charco was here. Shame....He seemed a little on the sick side, even though he..." The Adult Erosa paused, glanced over at Sarada, then back to parsley. "...Maybe its best not to mention ero, don't want her appetite spoiled. I'll go get some more pies and drink for you."
    Sarada eyes narrowed to match her sister's. Whatever this surprise was, she was sure it was stupid and ridiculous and not worth her time. "Fine," she responded eventually. She figured she'd at least humor them for a moment.

    "I see." Parsley had just assumed that they would have kept a closer eye on the little baby. If she had gone after Charco, then she was in another timeline. No place for an infant; but she supposed that it was fine. If the child died for some reason, it wasn't her problem. "Red wine, if you will."

  9. #54
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    OOC: Should we presume this image is more for an overall aesthetic? Whether the '' kanji is present affects things rather significantly

    IC:

    Making his way forward, Ochazuke seemed hesitant to make eye contact with the Elder at first, his view surveying the room surrounding Nail, the field of his Battle Meditation reaching within the stillness of the moment, looming, searching...

    "Then you know why we're here," he said. "It is quite plain that our connection is remote at best, but this is a matter which affects us all."

    His hands fell to the sides where he stood. "What we're after is the very same force which pulled Pike from you. In a word, we seek to ensure this does not happen again."
    OT: Aesthetic, sorry about that.

    IC:

    Elder Nail nods. A swirling blue and grey sphere collapses into his hand, which he then has float over to Ochazuke.

    “The nexus, for the safe return of my son and the assurances against such another abduction. I am in your debt, Warrior, for showing mercy to him and bringing him home. Ask any boon that I might grant, and it is yours alongside the nexus sphere.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #55
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: Aesthetic, sorry about that.

    IC:

    Elder Nail nods. A swirling blue and grey sphere collapses into his hand, which he then has float over to Ochazuke.

    “The nexus, for the safe return of my son and the assurances against such another abduction. I am in your debt, Warrior, for showing mercy to him and bringing him home. Ask any boon that I might grant, and it is yours alongside the nexus sphere.”
    Cyanna, who had been listening, spoke up to Ochazuke, "You know, there's a lot magic in the air. May...be Elder Nail knows something we could use? Something to do with magic, If he doesn't mind."
    Last edited by Tami; 05-11-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  11. #56
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: Aesthetic, sorry about that.

    IC:

    Elder Nail nods. A swirling blue and grey sphere collapses into his hand, which he then has float over to Ochazuke.

    “The nexus, for the safe return of my son and the assurances against such another abduction. I am in your debt, Warrior, for showing mercy to him and bringing him home. Ask any boon that I might grant, and it is yours alongside the nexus sphere.”
    "Make the largest donut in existance," Sasheem demanded. "And when Sasheem says big, he means planetary ring big! That's the greatest boon he can think of."

  12. #57
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Elder Nail nods. A swirling blue and grey sphere collapses into his hand, which he then has float over to Ochazuke.

    ďThe nexus, for the safe return of my son and the assurances against such another abduction. I am in your debt, Warrior, for showing mercy to him and bringing him home. Ask any boon that I might grant, and it is yours alongside the nexus sphere.Ē
    "A boon..." He replied with an amused 'heh', "An eternal dragon are you?"

    While the others prattled over what they would like, some, like the Majin, spouting out idiotic things, he instead took the other route.

    "I doubt you have anything worth asking for. Just be grateful for what we've done and let us return to more important tasks at hand."

    What use were huts and words to an immortal being? If they did have anything, he would simply take it in time.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    There is was again.

    On the edge of perception, a flash of something behind him. Whatever it was that had been stalking him on the otherside had followed him here at some point and was continuing to tail before him. The flash of perception however, was brief, and it vanished again leaving only the faintest feeling of eyes upon him.

    Hungry eyes, getting hungrier by the second.

    Getting closer.
    His would-be hunter was persistent, he'd give them that. Following him to another realm and timeline just to stalk him.

    Perhaps he should greet them, if only to end this pointless chase. Turning from the group, Charco took a few steps away.

  13. #58
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna giggled lightly as she moved up behind them, "Don't tell Zaofan! You might make him depressed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Aleka hadn't noticed Cyanna was there at first before she came up behind them. "Worse comes to worse, sure there is something that might catch his interest." Maybe. She really didn't know the young man enough to know what other interest he might of had besides cooking but even with her limited exposure cooking was definitely a passion for them to be sure. "Your name is.." Aleka trailed off. "Sorry I don't remember your name. Mine is Aleka."

    Or she was told and didn't remember.

    The comment from Praxat made her pause, she had never once heard of Namekians being known for their beverages. Didn't they just drink water mainly? Plus this was a alternate universe so who was to say that was true? The waters were normally safe but who knows if these ones were? Then again Pike hadn't said anything where water was literally about everywhere when they first got off and the giant Toadian wasn't exactly screaming from from type of flesh eating substance or something.

    Ochazuke seemed to be in the midst of something concentration wise so she held off briefly from broaching a conversation. It was easier now that she had a name to go to the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Before Pike touches down, he tells Zaofan that the food here is mostly fruits and vegetables. No meats, not much breads.
    "Hah!" Zaofan exclaimed with satisfaction and a finger pointed to the sky. "Just as I suspected! The Namekians back home may rely on water, but a planet with THIS much vegetation must see some use! It's the circle of life! And it moves us all!"

    ďThe nexus, for the safe return of my son and the assurances against such another abduction. I am in your debt, Warrior, for showing mercy to him and bringing him home. Ask any boon that I might grant, and it is yours alongside the nexus sphere.Ē
    Zaofan attempts to ascertain this Lord Nail from head to toe. His stature is impressive, no doubt. There's a certain determined stoicism about him. Still, the chef chooses to remain silent as he waits for the answer to the boon. Wish granting -- even by mortals -- on this scale tended to elude him, and so caution would be the best course of acti--

    "Make the largest donut in existance," Sasheem demanded. "And when Sasheem says big, he means planetary ring big! That's the greatest boon he can think of."
    Aw, nuts.

  14. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna pauses in mid-flight, having heard Praxat's voice she looks around but doesn't see her. "Hey, Praxat! Where are you?" she then looks down to see a body of water below. Flying down closer, "You look like you're having fun, but don't you think flying would be faster? We don't want to get left behind."



    Having seen off Cyanna, Meagan is brought out of her distraction by Althena's voice. Giving her a grateful smile, "Thank you, I do enjoy your songs, however there is work I need to take care of. I apologize for not responding earlier, I have a lot on my mind right now."
    " Not really, being in water doesn't restrict my movements , besides I can only use my six sense The lateral line in water. I can use it to check for disturbances in the water . oh and Cyanna don't take my word that Namekians make excellent beverages because even I doubt that. Remember Qaztoh was with pirates and pirates are know to spin tales," Praxat said.


    Back on the Lookout.


    " I see, say I can you point me to the direction where Eva's library is ? I need to do some reading," Althena said.


    Back in the Alternate timeline Namek

    " Wow that's a lot of vegetation ," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-11-2019 at 09:04 PM.

  15. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    OT: Aesthetic, sorry about that.

    IC:

    Elder Nail nods. A swirling blue and grey sphere collapses into his hand, which he then has float over to Ochazuke.

    ďThe nexus, for the safe return of my son and the assurances against such another abduction. I am in your debt, Warrior, for showing mercy to him and bringing him home. Ask any boon that I might grant, and it is yours alongside the nexus sphere.Ē
    OOC: All good, thanks for the clarification.

    IC:

    So Pike was the son of the clan elder. Indeed it seemed the greater portion of that silent whisper that permeated the planet converged around Nail, his bearing suggesting perhaps a greater, innate receptivity to it. But however long Namekian years stretched, World after world, seeking the strongest...much the same as our Jinzi Pantaloon, in that respect.

    At the mention of a boon the Elder would grant them, Ochazuke carefully considered what lay before them.

    "We would be grateful...though I suppose that depends what is within your power to grant."

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna, who had been listening, spoke up to Ochazuke, "You know, there's a lot magic in the air. May...be Elder Nail knows something we could use? Something to do with magic, If he doesn't mind."
    Indeed there was a great deal of magic around them. A particular sort which, emenating from the planet core, seemed to serve those who could tap into the localized source. "Think carefully, now. What purpose is there in reaching for a thing you cannot grasp?"

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Make the largest donut in existance," Sasheem demanded. "And when Sasheem says big, he means planetary ring big! That's the greatest boon he can think of."
    "One with greater ambitions, for the people, ought to have a broader view beyond fickle appetites," he muttered. "If food from folk who have no knowledge of it is sufficient, it is a matter doomed to fail. Besides, our path is dependent on our ability to continue moving forward."

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "A boon..." He replied with an amused 'heh', "An eternal dragon are you?"

    While the others prattled over what they would like, some, like the Majin, spouting out idiotic things, he instead took the other route.

    "I doubt you have anything worth asking for. Just be grateful for what we've done and let us return to more important tasks at hand."

    What use were huts and words to an immortal being? If they did have anything, he would simply take it in time.
    When the voice of the tournament's freshly laureled champion voiced his sentiments, Ochazuke turned and glanced behind him.

    "How gracious," leaning his head foward, his dark eyes fell upon Charco; for a brief moment a cutting flash seemed fill them, fading swiftly as it came under a short nod. "Well said."

    Returning to their host, he continued with a question of his own.

    "Doubtless you've seen many years in your life. The generations of your clan, your children, your grand-children, they have lived, perhaps undisturbed among such pristine peace," he said, and exchanged a knowing glance with Pike. If this boon could have saved returned his son, it would have. "To preserve it, what would you be willing to do?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •